Page 249 of 286 FirstFirst ... 244245246247248249250251252253254 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,470 of 8561

Thread: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    The most repetitive thing since rococo.
    Danceable songs tend to be, yes.

Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

So, I'll be at the Rough Trade Factory Floor instore tomorrow night. That's at 7pm. They shut at 8 and then open again at 9 to sell the single.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Yeah, it's about fucking time Arcade Fire made a song that is absolutely perfect for doing blow off a mirror.
    and this...

9/18 Kode 9/Mala/DJ Spinn @ Verboten
    9/19 The Replacements @ Forest Hills Stadium
    9/19 Andy Stott/Function/Vatican Shadow/Demdike Stare @ Output
    9/20 There Will Be Blood Live @ United Palace

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

They're back.
    "It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge"

Arcade Fire's $9 gig tonight in Montreal...

http://www.clubsalsatheque.com/parties.html

9/18 Kode 9/Mala/DJ Spinn @ Verboten
    9/19 The Replacements @ Forest Hills Stadium
    9/19 Andy Stott/Function/Vatican Shadow/Demdike Stare @ Output
    9/20 There Will Be Blood Live @ United Palace

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Here's the cover of the new album.

September 16 - Earth
    September 18 - DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

interesting...
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Magna Carta Arcade Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

From the NZ iTunes listing: https://itunes.apple.com/nz/album/reflektor/id696702725

Weird track numbering. Double album?

Also - the Amoeba blog said they are selling at 6 and not 9 tonight. Not sure if it will make a difference if there are plenty to go around but it might. EDIT: Changed it to 9PM now.
    Last edited by mmsk123; 09-09-2013 at 03:05 PM.

Video is out.

Anyone got a 5 letter code? No access to computer all day, only phone.

It's good, but it's no Doin' It Right, at least as 2013 indie collab album tracks go

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    Anyone got a 5 letter code? No access to computer all day, only phone.
    pwknb

David Bowie Confirms Arcade Fire "Reflektor" Collaboration
    “Thought you would bring me to the resurrektor…”

As 9 o'clock pm creeps around the globe on the 9th day of the 9th month, Reflektor, (the latest offering from Arcade Fire) becomes available from participating stores across the planet.

We can confirm that David Bowie has supplied a brief backing vocal on the James Murphy (LCD Soundsystem) produced track (no saxophone though), which is being issued under the alias of The Reflektors in the reflekting sleeve pictured here.

The vinyl is a very limited 2-track 12" with an instrumental of the A-side on the reverse and will only be available in stores at 9:00pm at your nearest participating store.

The reverse of the sleeve is designed to look like it has an album tracklisting for the upcoming album due on October 29th, but it is in fact just snippets of lyrics from Reflektor.

There will also be an Anton Corbijn directed video of the song premiered this evening.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...5&l=f11833a911
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

Official music video I guess...

Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

"ALL REFLEKTOR PRE-ORDERS INCLUDE FIRST ACCESS TO TICKET ON SALES FOR SPECIAL SHOWS AND THE FORTHCOMING WORLD TOUR."

http://www.arcadefire.com/reflektorpreorder/

Down right now due to server overload.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    "ALL REFLEKTOR PRE-ORDERS INCLUDE FIRST ACCESS TO TICKET ON SALES FOR SPECIAL SHOWS AND THE FORTHCOMING WORLD TOUR."

http://www.arcadefire.com/reflektorpreorder/

Down right now due to server overload.
    It will activate when the country you are in first hits 9PM.

Preview: http://www.arcadefire.com/reflektorpreorder/eu
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

another show at the ukranian cultural center?!!?! how fun!

The video looks fucking awesome. The interactive site is very cool, too but unfortunately you have to listen to the song again. I guess I could have muted the computer.

For my AF-tastes they were missing at least one more strong theme and probably further development of the David Bowie bit. But, as noted above, repetition is what dance music is about so this was just frustrating. I expect pretty much the same from the album.

I really wish I hadn't seen the absolute worst section of their Coachella 2012 performance from the back. Gah was that boring. I haven't shaken that since.

I got a chance to give it a proper listen (as in not while awkwardly angling an iPhone at my laptop screen while eating a burrito at the Portland airport) and it properly slayed me. Vaguely fearful about how good this album/tour is going to be.

Originally was gonna pre-order the vinyl package, but after realizing how absurd their shipping prices were, thought better of it. Still though, wanted to show some support for them, so I pre-ordered the FLACs anyway.

Amoeba only had like 60 and sold out about 5 in front of me . Now I guess I have to get it from the site with the crazy shipping.

Doesn't look like you can get The Reflektor's single on http://www.arcadefire.com/reflektorpreorder/us/ Just preorder the album in full.

I think the single's sold out online. But Rhino in Claremont is getting 30 in on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Originally was gonna pre-order the vinyl package, but after realizing how absurd their shipping prices were, thought better of it. Still though, wanted to show some support for them, so I pre-ordered the FLACs anyway.
    Yeah, the shipping's almost as much as the vinyl. I'm mainly interested in the "first access to ticket onsales." Not sure if it's worth it.
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

I mean, first access to what everyone else is gonna get also. It was nice how they did it before, just at a random time on certain days. Was pretty similar to WASTE presales. This will just end up like how PIXIES use Topspin to put out sudden email blasts about secret shows. It'll benefit those sitting at desks.

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    Doesn't look like you can get The Reflektor's single on http://www.arcadefire.com/reflektorpreorder/us/ Just preorder the album in full.
    Oh wow, I guess I got in just in time because it was there just a few minutes ago.

Rhino did pre orders and sold out all of their upcoming shipment of The Reflektors single.They also gave out a couple black with reflektor logo (in white) shirts.Last time I looked on ebay the single was going for $50 with bids.Also if you really want that first access to tickets why not just pre order the digital download to avoid shipment cost.
    Last edited by getbetter; 09-09-2013 at 10:00 PM.
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Jack White @ Bill .... 08/22/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by mmsk123 View Post
    Oh wow, I guess I got in just in time because it was there just a few minutes ago.
    fucking weird. fingerprints wasn't on that mapped record store list, but then last minute they posted something on FB when i was in class. i want that single but not for much more then $9. oh well.

Same thing happened with the We Used To Wait 7" that was given out for Suburbs.. now it's easily available and there were only 1000 of those.

Edit: Looks like you can still get it here http://www.strictlydiscs.com/Music/A....1&useloader=1
    Last edited by mmsk123; 09-09-2013 at 10:11 PM.