Page 247 of 286 FirstFirst ... 242243244245246247248249250251252 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,410 of 8561

Thread: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

By stadiums do they really mean stadiums? Or do they mean arenas?

I mean, there's a big difference between an 18,000 seat basketball arena and a 70,000 seat football stadium.
    Last edited by TomAz; 08-05-2013 at 10:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

Stadiums was the word used. There's also a difference between 70,000 seat football stadiums and 20-30,000 seat stadiums (Home Depot Center, Jeld-Wen Field, Toyota Park, and even small baseball stadiums like PetCo if they closed off certain sections). I realize AZ doesn't have a lot of outdoor venues this size, but they are pretty prevalent elsewhere.

Rosebowl / Coliseum are kinda of a reach
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

What about Dodger/Angel Stadium? They are not a household name like U2 or The Police.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

They can probably fill up a stadium somewhere in southern California; that's not really the issue. It's whether and how this touring model would make sense for middle America.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    It's hard to argue with that.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Our Southern CA baseball stadiums are HUGE though. i think Dodger Stadium holds 47,000 people
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Dammit. I don't want to have to drive 2 hours to see them on this tour.
    September 16 - Earth
    September 18 - DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Dammit. I don't want to have to drive 2 hours to see them on this tour.
    You live in Austin so you might get a date, but I bet they do less shows than normal on this tour. Bigger shows means having to hit less individual places to reach the same number of fans, and with multiple babies now, I doubt they'll want to be on the road as long.

Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    August
    1 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    2 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    4 - Arcade Fire - Santa Barbara Bowl
    8-10 - Outside Lands - Golden Gate Park
    14 - Death From Above 1979 - Troubadour
    20 - The Strokes - Chelsea at Cosmopolitan

I think you people are taking the word 'stadium' and the words of an Australian festival organizer way too literally.

I mean, seriously, how much could he possibly know about their tour plans? If you read the article, he's bragging about he has put together this fantastic, near impossible lineup that no one else could pull off, and that Arcade Fire came to him and wanted to play--which is where he goes on to claim that "they aren't even looking at festivals!"
    Last edited by captncrzy; 08-05-2013 at 01:33 PM.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I think you people are taking the word 'stadium' and the words of a festival organizer way too literally.

I mean, seriously, how much could he possibly know about their tour plans?
    Well he could know a good deal considering he booked them for their first date on the tour. At some point during the booking discussions i'm sure someone asked AF what their future tour plans are. And he says they're really only playing because their friends Pearl Jam are playing. He doesn't know everything of course, but he seems to know more than anyone else whose willing to talk.

Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    August
    1 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    2 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    4 - Arcade Fire - Santa Barbara Bowl
    8-10 - Outside Lands - Golden Gate Park
    14 - Death From Above 1979 - Troubadour
    20 - The Strokes - Chelsea at Cosmopolitan

I don't think he knows much of anything. I think he's just stroking himself.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

If you think they’ll continue to play multiple dates in big cities (or same region) instead of longer, larger shows, you’re crazy.

The word ‘stadium’ is not some sacred term reserved for 50,000+ crowds. There are stadiums in dozens of cities that are size-appropriate for them.
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Maybe they want to play stadiums because they have some elaborate production plans. Maybe some Arcade Fire-works?
    September 16 - Earth
    September 18 - DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Stadiums was the word used. There's also a difference between 70,000 seat football stadiums and 20-30,000 seat stadiums (Home Depot Center, Jeld-Wen Field, Toyota Park, and even small baseball stadiums like PetCo if they closed off certain sections). I realize AZ doesn't have a lot of outdoor venues this size, but they are pretty prevalent elsewhere.

Rosebowl / Coliseum are kinda of a reach
    Holy shit you are a dumbshit sometimes Wes.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

If you think they’ll continue to play multiple dates in big cities (or same region) instead of longer, larger shows, you’re crazy.

The word ‘stadium’ is not some sacred term reserved for 50,000+ crowds. There are stadiums in dozens of cities that are size-appropriate for them.
    You keep digging your hole with your stupid shovel on this.

In the US, a 'stadium' tour generally means someone like U2, the Stones, etc playing outdoor professional or major college sports facilities. So when Springsteen plays Giants Stadium for a week, that's a stadium gig. An 'arena' tour is when bands play venues that are much larger than any concert hall, but still smaller than a stadium. Indoors, usually basketball or hockey facilities.

These terms are not 'sacred'; they are commonly accepted usage in this country.

For the record, there are 17 'stadiums' in Austraila that have a capacity of over 40k people. Then there are well over 100 'stadiums' that have a capacity range of 5,000 to about 30,000.

Translation: an Australian using the the term 'stadium' doesn't necessarily mean they're looking at playing giant stadiums. It's just what that bloviating monkey is calling it--a 'stadium' tour.

http://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/i...&sort=capacity DESC

I think we're all three trying to say the same thing: Nathan, stop overreacting. Ameeps, stop jerking off over every Arcade Fire related word.

Tom, you’re keeping your definition stubbornly narrow, whereas I’m simply being realistic. The word stadium was intentionally used; not arena. Stadium: outdoor sports venue (not indoor arena or amphitheater). Acts not named U2, Bruce, Rolling Stones, etc…have played stadiums of all sizes. To keep that narrow definition of yours is silly.

And Jen, most of those AU stadiums are precisely what I envision Ken West to have meant. Outdoor stadiums of all fucking sizes.

Just stop talking and wait for dates and zomg secret shows.

Funeral
    Arcade Fire EP
    The Suburbs
    Reflektor
    Neon Bible
    9/17 - Buzzcocks - Fonda (?)
    9/20 - Crosby, Stills & Nash - Santa Barbara Bowl
    9/21 - Caetano Veloso - Hollywood Bowl (?)
    9/26 - William Basinski - Pasadena Arts Council
    9/28 - Bob Mould - Roxy (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Which album is their Kid A?

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Not sure, but the Suburbs is definitely their Hail to the Thief.
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater
    Tycho - 9/20 - Emo's
    Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Personally, I'm hoping Reflektor is. Because they're going to need to mix things up a bit to really hold the interest of their serious music fans, after the lukewarm reception of their last record. I am in no way expecting that, though. How many bands win AOTY at the Grammys and then go on to become more musically adventurous? None.
    9/17 - Buzzcocks - Fonda (?)
    9/20 - Crosby, Stills & Nash - Santa Barbara Bowl
    9/21 - Caetano Veloso - Hollywood Bowl (?)
    9/26 - William Basinski - Pasadena Arts Council
    9/28 - Bob Mould - Roxy (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by Gribbz View Post
    Not sure, but the Suburbs is definitely their Hail to the Thief.
    Hail to the Thief was my first Radiohead love, and I really liked The Suburbs, so OK.
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    Hail to the Thief was my first Radiohead love, and I really liked The Suburbs, so OK.
    Inside joke, making fun of suprefan, etc.
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater
    Tycho - 9/20 - Emo's
    Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    For the record, there are 17 'stadiums' in Austraila that have a capacity of over 40k people. Then there are well over 100 'stadiums' that have a capacity range of 5,000 to about 30,000.

Translation: an Australian using the the term 'stadium' doesn't necessarily mean they're looking at playing giant stadiums. It's just what that bloviating monkey is calling it--a 'stadium' tour.

http://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/i...&sort=capacity DESC
    Thank you Bumblebee
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Tom, you’re keeping your definition stubbornly narrow, whereas I’m simply being realistic. The word stadium was intentionally used; not arena. Stadium: outdoor sports venue (not indoor arena or amphitheater). Acts not named U2, Bruce, Rolling Stones, etc…have played stadiums of all sizes. To keep that narrow definition of yours is silly.

And Jen, most of those AU stadiums are precisely what I envision Ken West to have meant. Outdoor stadiums of all fucking sizes.

gazebo fuck yourself

Video for the new single is apparently being directed by Anton Corbijn.

My dream of Aracde Fire and Depeche Mode becoming one is slowly coming true.

In two weeks there will be a new Arcade Fire song to listen to: