Page 241 of 286 FirstFirst ... 236237238239240241242243244245246 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,230 of 8561

Thread: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

Radio recording of The National doing Start A War with Win chiming in now and then - http://soundcloud.com/arcadefiretube...h-win-butler-1

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

Fantastic show from them tonight, and the crowd was incredible. Kinda sad though at the end when Win said they wouldn't be back for a few years.
    Last edited by nathanfairchild; 09-18-2011 at 07:19 PM.
    September 16 - Earth
    September 18 - DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

Their ACL tv thing - to be broadcast in January - looks like it was quite something.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Fantastic show from them tonight, and the crowd was incredible. Kinda sad though at the end when Win said they wouldn't be back for a few years.
    I could see them breaking until 2014. We'll still get footage of whatever happens in Montreal and at the Bridge School Benefit though. DVD soon, too!
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Jesus Christ, I just realised that the next time I see this band in person I could be thirty.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    Jesus Christ, I just realised that the next time I see this band in person I could be thirty.
    That's the same thought I had too. I will be in my thirties and Funeral will be a decade old. Will Butler is my age; Arcade Fire are the first band that's been deeply meaningful in my life that I've actually aged with.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Oh, fuck you, the linear passage of time, fuck you.

i'll still be young

September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 2 - Beck
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 18 - Slayer

Been there, done that.....

It could be worse. You could already be thirty.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

So, is this whole Bridge School thing...worth it? I'm having trouble imagining AF acoustic sitting in the midst of Tony Bennett, Diana Krall, and Dave Matthews fans. The only alternative is waiting to see them again until I'm in my late 30's.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

The poster for the Montréal shows is cracking -

http://twitpic.com/6nifvs

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    So, is this whole Bridge School thing...worth it? I'm having trouble imagining AF acoustic sitting in the midst of Tony Bennett, Diana Krall, and Dave Matthews fans. The only alternative is waiting to see them again until I'm in my late 30's.
    It's a relaxed day. The crowds go for Bridge School as a whole and not a particular act, and it tends to skew older. During quiet songs you may hear a bit of chatter though, especially out on the lawn. You get some rarities, and a number of surprise collabs ranging from awesome to WTF ("Ever thought you would hear Josh Groban sing Disarm with Billy Corgan? Well you will now!"). It's a benefit concert, I'd describe it as quaint.

This video sums up the day nicely:

Quote Originally Posted by skyismad View Post
    It's a relaxed day. The crowds go for Bridge School as a whole and not a particular act, and it tends to skew older. During quiet songs you may hear a bit of chatter though, especially out on the lawn. You get some rarities, and a number of surprise collabs ranging from awesome to WTF ("Ever thought you would hear Josh Groban sing Disarm with Billy Corgan? Well you will now!"). It's a benefit concert, I'd describe it as quaint.

This video sums up the day nicely:
    does everyone get a decent amount of time for their sets, or are there too many artists to give everyone a full set?

edit: also saw Christian Bale during AF last night. that was quite unexpected.
    Last edited by nathanfairchild; 09-19-2011 at 02:28 PM.
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 2 - Beck
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 18 - Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    does everyone get a decent amount of time for their sets, or are there too many artists to give everyone a full set?

edit: also saw Christian Bale during AF last night. that was quite unexpected.
    I believe everyone gets an hour, though I have not been in a few years.

"It doesn't matter if you haven't heard of a band before, it can be the best thing in the world," Butler told the audience while being introduced as one of this year's Short List nominees.

"And if you have heard of a band before," he continued, "it doesn't mean it sucks."
    AF winning the Polaris -

"Just because you've heard of a band before, it doesn't mean they suck."

And chatting with Damian Abraham. Win phones Régine in the middle to let her know they won, and then breaks a microphone -

Last edited by MissingPerson; 09-20-2011 at 02:23 PM.

The big free final show in Montréal is tonight in about an hour, and will be streamed and liveblogged by http://radio3.cbc.ca/

Current crowd estimates are between 70 - 100,000 folks. You'll be delighted to know the Don't Mess With Quebec shirt has reappeared.

Setlist me. Any surprises?

It' still on. Speaking in Tongues is the only out-of-the ordinary one so far. I think we've probably got Sprawl II left, and that's it.

Final crowd estimate is about 200,000.

"The only price of admittance is that if you see us on the street, please don't ask us for a picture. Just say "Hey, saw you at the show." And we'll go "Hey yeah, saw you at the show!""

Coachella balls? Catching the end. Crazy time I'm sure.

Ebay is gonna be flooded with em now.

Well, so long for now Arcade Fire. See you next tour. Bring horns

VigoTheCarpathian

I say, since arcade fire is like one of the biggest bands in the world now, will they attempt a zootv like transformation to stay relevant, or at least poopular?

You can grab the Who The Fuck is Arcade Fire and Don't Mess With Quebec shirts now:
    http://www.arcadefirestore.com/browse/the-suburbs/

Such a great album & tour, I'm sad to see it end. Thank you AF for the many unforgettable moments. Hope they can keep the awesome flowing (after a well-deserved break).