Page 240 of 286 FirstFirst ... 235236237238239240241242243244245 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,200 of 8561

Thread: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

Eric Kayne, I guess you'd call him their embedded photographer for the Suburbs stuff, is putting a few more photos on his own site that I haven't seen around elsewhere. Worth a look if you were curious about the sooper dooper deluxe edition, but not curious enough to uh, pay for it.

http://erickayne.com/blog/2011/08/sc...-scenes-day-1/

http://erickayne.com/#/recent-projec...rbs_KAYNE_0014

This still cracks me up.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    L'awesome @arcadefiretube Joel is uploading their Bonnaroo set with vastly improved audio. Not sure where he got the other audio source, but the difference is considerable.

I can tell the difference a lot from the previous. This was probably my favorite set of all time. Everything from the weather being perfect, to the people I was with, to the space of dorking out/dancing we had within our group of 10 or so, to the shit falling from the sky, just being at Bonnaroo to the amount of molly my mouth soaked up made it a flawless hour and a half.

Also, here are a few pics I took from Outside Lands.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

old school

Awesome,

The camera man got in the way for most of my pictures. In this pic, I only focus on the 'stache from the security
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Weirdly translated article suggesting that bits of the band were hanging out in this preposterously remote studio in Norway.

http://translate.google.com/translat...%2F17823672%2F

Also, forthcoming video for Sprawl II, according to Renata Morales:
    http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2...n-arcade-fire/

I interned for the guy who designed that place, thats awesome. i always sorta figured no one would ever go there, apparently i was wrong.
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

Scandinavian countries build the weirdest shit in the strangest places. I admire their architectural masochism.

such a good looking studio http://www.oceansoundrecordings.com/
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

Quote Originally Posted by rskapcat View Post
    Speaking of the Dallas show...

Heeeee.

http://twitpic.com/6d6z1i

Also, somebody told me they should have "Don't Mess With Quebec" shirts for the Montréal shows, and likely in the online store after that. I know a few people were asking about them.

Also, somebody told me they should have "Don't Mess With Quebec" shirts for the Montréal shows, and likely in the online store after that. I know a few people were asking about them.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

That guy is the best fucking thing about the internet, by God.

Everyone is getting Dont Mess With Quebec and Who The Fuck is Arcade Fire shirts for x mas from me!
    Last edited by suprefan; 08-30-2011 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    This would have been a much better response on my part.

Oh, there was an interview in some magazine a while ago that mentioned how, at one of their early Irish shows, Win accidentally knocked a girl right the fuck out. They brought her backstage afterwards. ("She was cool about it")

VigoTheCarpathian

My dear you love Arcade Fire too much.

Also, forthcoming video for Sprawl II, according to Renata Morales:
    http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2...n-arcade-fire/
    Excited for this

Fun stuff.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/enter...445/story.html

Arcade Fire and Pop Montreal have once again shown a keen knack for unusual events and strange settings.

The group’s lead vocalist, Win Butler, and Dexter John of DJ Sports Club have put together the festival’s first Pop vs. Jock Charity Basketball Game, which will take place Sept. 24 at the McGill University Sports Centre. Team Pop, which will include Butler, his brother Will and other musicians, will play against Team Jock, an all-star team of players from the McGill Redmen and Concordia Stingers. Guests are expected to include Matt Bonner of the San Antonio Spurs and Chris Tomson of Vampire Weekend, plus surprise appearances.

Arcade Fire’s multi-instrumentalist Regine Chassagne will play organ, and another of the group’s jacks-of-all-instruments, Richard Reed Parry, will premiere a bicycle symphony called Drones during the half-time show, which will also feature Kid Koala.

old school

Why don't I go to McGill?

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

There's a good chance that one of the blurry, exhausted looking shapes wandering past in the background is me.

Per Us Kids Know's Facebook page:

According to RTÉ 2fm DJ Jenny Huston an Arcade Fire live dvd is coming out very soon. Probably filmed at Electric Picnic in Ireland. Exciting? Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Bits of it will prolly be from EP, but I'd doubt all of it will. They record pretty much everything.

Speaking of Electric Picnic, Bono swung by to catch their show - http://twitpic.com/6g4t5w/full

soon....................

Like clockwork.

http://lienatik.tumblr.com/post/9667...apping-jackets

Apparently Steve Mackey fangirls fall him Smackers.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

The Rock The Court thing was today, out of interest. Butler's team lost the final to Matt Bonner and company, after kicking the shit out of Paul Shirley's guys.

http://a.yfrog.com/img815/7666/nrvml.jpg

Very fun account of the tournament with the rest of Win's team - "He's quite intense".

http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2011/0...ock-the-court/

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I thought this story was good. We can call it the night Arcade Fire kicked Wilco's ass. From an interview with Jeff Tweedy in the WSJ.

What was Wilco's worst show ever?

The first time we played the Sasquatch festival [in 2005]. We went on after Arcade Fire, who were just becoming huge at the time. And they are so anthemic. And they're climbing on the scaffolding and they're out in the audience beating drums. It was berserk. It was like having your ass handed to you by, like, Cirque du Soleil. Then we went out and all our microphone lines had been patched in backwards. So there was high-hat coming through my vocal monitor and nothing else. Or keyboard blaring out of the drum monitor. You couldn't make things worse for a band onstage than that. What do you do? Do you stop? It was terrible. But I have met people who say, "I saw you at Sasquatch and it was great." OK, you must be deaf, I'm assuming.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    It was like having your ass handed to you by, like, Cirque du Soleil.
    Love this.

They're recording their ACL tv thing today, so if you aren't already following the very awesome producer @theotherleslie, fix it. She livetweets recording days, and she's both funny and informative.