Page 10 of 281 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    Yup.

MP, is one of these young lassies you?

Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

Ha, no. They're some Brazilian graffiti and Arcade Fire-lovin' folks.

Somebody found the pictures on Flickr.
    http://flickr.com/photos/rodasolultra/3111711539/

I would NEVER deface a building with Beck's beautiful face
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

In fairness, Beck wouldn't look quite as spooky if you were to suddenly turn a corner and be confronted with it.

I was playing that online 20q music game, where it tries to figure out what musician I was thinking of. It took a few tries to get to Win Butler - first it tried Beck, Jack White, and "Coldplay"...

He would look dreamy and spectacular.

Ooh, what is this game you speak of? Link?
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Whoa, I dont know how they figured I was thinking of the killers! This game is going to get addicting...

CRAZY!

Q19. I am guessing that it is Coachella?
    Right, Wrong, Close
    18. Did you take place in California? Yes.
    17. Are you on MTV? No.
    16. Do you play an instrument? No.
    15. Are you British? No.
    14. Have you ever used drugs? No.
    13. Do you have long hair? No.
    12. Would you stick out in a crowd? Yes.
    Are you popular in Australia? Unknown.
    11. Does your name consist of one word? Yes.
    10. Do you poke fun at other people? No.
    9. Does your name consist of two words? No.
    8. Are you a solo artist? No.
    7. Are you Latin American? No.
    6. Do you use a fiddle? No.
    5. Are you popular with women? Yes.
    4. Are you featured in a movie? No.
    3. Did the Rolling Stones play there? No.
    2. Were you popular in the '80s? No.
    1. It is classified as Place.
    Last edited by sbessiso; 02-14-2009 at 04:39 AM.

damn that game is addicting, although it could not detect I was being Spencer!

Nifty, right?

The little handheld version is pretty cool too. It won't get "Spencer Krug" say, but it would be able to figure out it was a musician as opposed to, like... a tablecloth or something.

Anyway, somebody found this buried in the Partners In Health website.

Fuck Arcade Fire.

Theyve let me down one too many times.

Sorry, im drunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    I had a dream that my wife cheated on me with Calmer. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Did you find pee in her butt?

Talk to them, man. I'll bet they're sorry. And even if they aren't, they'll apologise anyway. They're Canadian.

Great article..they are so devoted to Haiti

I remember a PIH person suggesting that the band have become one of their main sponsors. Which is pretty cool, whatever way you look at it, and I think they do it for the right reasons, too.

Win did a solo set in aid of a campaign to de-worm kids in third world countries a while back. Bet he just did it for the glamour...
    Last edited by MissingPerson; 02-15-2009 at 01:20 PM.

Bell Orchestre have posted some cute vacation clips from their trip round the Baltics.

http://www.bellorchestre.com/videoblog.html

Not technically Arcade Fire, but we lack a Bell Orchestre joy parade as yet, and they've got Richard and Sarah action going on, so it sort of counts.

And I've stolen this picture from Joel -

Poor underrated Bell Orchestre...
    Last edited by MissingPerson; 02-16-2009 at 02:28 PM.

I know. It's all about the hair. And his hands, he's got nice hands. And his complete disregard for his own safety, that too. That's lovely.

HEY! This is at the University of Washington's Basketball Arena 9/24/2007. It's very frustrating realizing how amazing certain bands are after they play your city...fiddlesticks.

Sometimes I'm glad that we don't really have any decent sporting facilities here. I'd hate to have to see bands like that in that kind of setting, I just can't imagine like... In The Backseat or something being done any justice with a basketball hoop hanging over it or something.

They remove all the pricey sporting equipment but yeah, it's not the best way to see a show. A proper theater trumps every time but you deal with it when you must. Last time I was in that arena it was to see the Dalai Lama, random to say the least.

Yeah, I hear the 'Lama couldn't pull off a rebound if his life depended on it.

EDIT: Have to say, I was kind of surprised not to see Bell Orchestre on this year's Coachella bill. Would have thought of them as having the right vibe.

The 'ole Lama wasn't looking to spry. He was in Seattle for 3 days of events and the people up here lost their minds even though most of them had little knowledge of him prior to his visit. I wrote an article on it titled "Lamapalooza." It was fantastic.

In other news, Arcade Fire are still wonderful. I'm unfamiliar with Bell Orchestre but anything involving Sarah Neufeld is a-ok by me
    Last edited by boarderwoozel3; 02-16-2009 at 04:35 PM.

ARCADE FIRE + DALAI LAMA COACHELLA 2010!

Arcade Fire are awesome, so they'd be great, and the Lama is old and beloved of hippies everywhere. Everybody goes home happy, baby.

I hear the Lama spins a mean House set. He'd own the dance tent.

I think it's safe to assume that the man is the true authority on PLUR.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

MP when are you going to quit your life and become an arcade fire roadie?

I think it's safe to assume that the man is the true authority on PLUR.
    Yeah, I can see the Lama being a strong proponent of PLUR.

I'd say his candee collection is fucking mindblowing, too. Dude's well-travelled.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    MP when are you going to quit your life and become an arcade fire roadie?
    Whenever I can figure out what this girl:

does exactly, and how I can get to do it instead. 'Cause that looks like a fun night.

I'm confused.

I've been to enough Arcade Fire shows to know some of the roadie types to see. They've got Stephen King Roadie, Stubbley Roadie, Eyepatch Roadie, Iron Maiden Roadie and, as pictured, Girl Roadie.

My plan is to figure out what it is that Girl Roadie does exactly, and then somehow seamlessly take her place. Then I too can enjoy the cool rockstar aftershow fun as seen above.

I've already got a hoodie and a walkie talkie, all I need to do is develop a North American accent and whatever skills are required to do whatever it is she does.

It's the perfect plan. Literally nothing can go wrong, and I am a genius.
    Last edited by MissingPerson; 02-17-2009 at 06:09 PM.

ok. after you finish the board member profiles, I want to see roadie profiles.

I cannot imagine an eyepatch with a boring story behind it.

I wouldn't recognise him without the eyepatch though, I have suspicions that Eyepatch Roadie and Stephen King Roadie might be one and the same.

There's a radio rip of their performance at Enmore theatre in Australia in 2007, and it's one of the best damn bootlegish type recordings of anything I've ever heard. The quality's great, the setlist is perfect, and the performance is as good as any they'll ever give. Of particular note is a fucking stellar rendition of Antichrist Television Blues.

Now, this particular show was recorded and broadcast on TV a while back, and it was great. Alas, the Australians, in their snake-addled, spider-bitten wisdom, chose to omit Antichrist Television Blues from the broadcast. This makes me sad in a very profound and pathetic way, because Youtube just doesn't do it justice. I wonder if it's the Dylan thing that nixed it?