Page 2 of 286 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    The last show of their tour last year in Berkeley remains one of the best live shows I have ever been to.
    The one in the summer? If so, agreed wholeheartedly.

Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

That would be the one.

Quote Originally Posted by kitt kat View Post
    The one in the summer? If so, agreed wholeheartedly.
    But of course June 2nd, 2007. The first night was also fantastic but there was something so magical about night 2, maybe it was the fact that they had to come back out again after the last encore to finish rebellion(lies) because the crowd would not stop singing it, never seen that before, ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    It is with hesitation that I approve this thread. I wish I could see the light and be cool like you guys. From what I hear, the live show will change my mind

For some reason, I cannot shake this image I have of them being creepy religious creepos who are uber religious and kinda creepy
    That's kind of funny since they have an album that spends half its time calling out creepy religious creepos on their creepy religious behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    That's kind of funny since they have an album that spends half its time calling out creepy religious creepos on their creepy religious behavior.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

haha Indeed

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    But of course June 2nd, 2007. The first night was also fantastic but there was something so magical about night 2, maybe it was the fact that they had to come back out again after the last encore to finish rebellion(lies) because the crowd would not stop singing it, never seen that before, ever.
    Was that the "Cold Wind" night?
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Was that the "Cold Wind" night?
    You got it.

It is with hesitation that I approve this thread. I wish I could see the light and be cool like you guys. From what I hear, the live show will change my mind

For some reason, I cannot shake this image I have of them being creepy religious creepos who are uber religious and kinda creepy
    I just realized why you don't like the Arcade Fire.

You are confusing them with these guys...

EDIT: With that being said, I would be very surprised if Salah was not a Polyphinic Spree fan.
    Last edited by rage patton; 11-30-2008 at 02:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Exactly, I mean Antichrist Television Blues isn't endorsing Joe Simpson's behaviour...

Certainly, they're very interested in religion, but I've been an Arcade Fire nerd for years now, I'm not even sure what religion any of them are, if any. The icons and stage gear and everything, that's just... I want to say "part of the act", but that sounds pantomime-y, which it isn't. What I mean is, that stuff kind of sets the scene. The lights, the drums, the preacher stuff, it's a conscious performer thing, they don't dress like that when they aren't on stage or anything.

I mean, The Arcade Fire's Win Butler:

And regular old Win Butler off stage:

are very different guys.

The actual girls and boys are entirely normal, functioning, 21st century girls and boys, really.

...uh...

They just happen to live in a church, is all.
    Last edited by MissingPerson; 11-30-2008 at 03:08 PM.

For the record, as previously stated, Polyphonic Spree creep the hell out of me.

Have you listened to them MissingPerson?
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Little bit. It's nice, I do intend to hear more of them, because I'm reliably told I'm missing out on something huge at their live shows.

Still wouldn't let them babysit though.

I actually haven't heard their latest album (this thread reminded me to download it) but their first two albums are awesome. Its just realyly fun, really happy music. I heard their third album is kind of dark though. Also, I have heard nothing but excellent things about their live show. I am dying to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    EDIT: With that being said, I would be very surprised if Salah was not a Polyphinic Spree fan.
    WTF???

What makes you say that?

MP-They live IN A CHURCH?????

p.s-the guy sitting on the floor in red shirt and the guy right next to him are both cuuuute.

Seriously, in a church?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Salah - Win and Regine live in a converted church, yeah. Former Freemason's Hall too. It's converted into a recording studio, they don't like... sacrifice tiny blonde girls on the altar or anything.

Sketchy, to say the least.
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

WTF???

What makes you say that?
    Because they make some of the happiest fucking music I have ever heard.

I dare you to watch the entire video and tell me you don't have a smile on your face.

I don't even have to watch that video, Ragey because the answer is YES. Of course, I'm a fan. I just found your confidence a little funny. You don't know me!! (except you DO!)

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    Salah - Win and Regine live in a converted church, yeah. Former Freemason's Hall too. It's converted into a recording studio, they don't like... sacrifice tiny blonde girls on the altar or anything.
    That is creepy, and they might sacrifice tiny blonde girls, you don't know for sure. Salah I am with you on this 100%.

Edit: Oh shit Beck is back
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

I KNEW you were a Polyphonic Spree fan haha.

P.S. Im glad you changed your avatar. What the fuck was that thing you had before?

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

I hereby nominate missingperson for board member of the year. straight up good people.

Yeah cause they like Canada

I should probably point out at this point that I'm an extremely hostile atheist. If somebody handed me a button to launch all religion on earth into the surface of the damn sun, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

But if I thought for one second any of that shit was for real for Arcade Fire, I'd be over in the Muse thread. That's it for Neon Bible, I don't think #3 is gonna cover the same turf...
    Last edited by MissingPerson; 12-20-2008 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

Quote Originally Posted by frozen pilgrim View Post
    I hereby nominate missingperson for board member of the year. straight up good people.
    Few weeks ago I had a fight with a charity worker.

A charity worker.

That is creepy, and they might sacrifice tiny blonde girls, you don't know for sure.
    Uh... uh oh.

Still, what's a tiny blonde girl here or there compared to say, the mariachi bit in Ocean of Noise?

They only grow into Jessicas and Britneys and Christinas anyway.

Tiny blonde girls FTL.

He actually looks not creepy in that second picture Missing Person posted.

And faxman, could you post a link to the Modified performance torrent in this thread and not the old one, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Blinken View Post
    That is creepy, and they might sacrifice tiny blonde girls, you don't know for sure. Salah I am with you on this 100%.

Edit: Oh shit Beck is back
    Glad to have you on my side Blink. It's fun over here

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I KNEW you were a Polyphonic Spree fan haha.

P.S. Im glad you changed your avatar. What the fuck was that thing you had before?
    After a weekend of Spongebob binging, I felt inclined to google "Handsome Squidward". Fucking GREAT episode, but I digress...