Page 1 of 282 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

Default MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

Because life is too short to let an asshole's name get indelibly attached to a great band of nice people, behold the alternative Arcade Fire thread.

A new breed of kinder, gentler Arcade Fire thread, here shall their music be discussed without fear of weird competitions about who can like music better, or unnecessary extremes of blind hatred, or creepy excesses of moist, clammy fan love. Look, here's a nice gentle picture to set the tone:

Now remember, when choosing your preferred Arcade Fire thread, take care and heed the following:
    1. I didn't hear them before you, nor will I claim to.

2. Liking Arcade Fire doesn't have to be a competitive exercise.

3. Yes, it's okay not to like his voice.

4. Yes, he does have weird hair. It's supposed to be weird.

5. Yes, it does blow that you didn't get tickets/ that poster/ that limited 7" etc. This is not necessarily a failure on your part, nor are you a fundamentally defective person as a result.

6. No, you do not have to forfeit your sense of hearing just because you didn't see them play in a phone booth, back when there were only two members trying to play a single shared kazoo they fashioned themselves solely for your benefit.

7. Their quality is not, in fact, legally required to be discussed only in relation to that of other bands, including - but not limited to - Muse.

8. If you don't like their music, well, you're some kind of weirdo, and probably find otters sexually attractive or something. But whatever, that's a lifestyle choice. So long as you keep it out of my damn backyard, you disgusting freak, I can deal with the concept of you not liking them. Even though it is obviously a failure of taste or fun, I'll respect your stupid opinion.

Anyway.

The Arcade Fire - for a better, more Canadian world.

Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    Because life is too short to let an asshole's name get indelibly attached to a great band of nice people, behold the alternative Arcade Fire thread.

A new breed of kinder, gentler Arcade Fire thread, here shall their music be discussed without fear of weird competitions about who can like music better, or unnecessary extremes of blind hatred, or creepy excesses of moist, clammy fan love. Look, here's a nice gentle picture to set the tone:

Now remember, when choosing your preferred Arcade Fire thread, take care and heed the following:
    1. I didn't hear them before you, nor will I claim to.

2. Liking Arcade Fire doesn't have to be a competitive exercise.

3. Yes, it's okay not to like his voice.

4. Yes, he does have weird hair. It's supposed to be weird.

5. Yes, it does blow that you didn't get tickets/ that poster/ that limited 7" etc. This is not necessarily a failure on your part, nor are you a fundamentally defective person as a result.

6. No, you do not have to forfeit your sense of hearing just because you didn't see them play in a phone booth, back when there were only two members trying to play a single shared kazoo they fashioned themselves solely for your benefit.

7. Their quality is not, in fact, legally required to be discussed only in relation to that of other bands, including - but not limited to - Muse.

8. If you don't like their music, well, you're some kind of weirdo, and probably find otters sexually attractive or something. But whatever, that's a lifestyle choice. So long as you keep it out of my damn backyard, you disgusting freak, I can deal with the concept of you not liking them. Even though it is obviously a failure of taste or fun, I'll respect your stupid opinion.

Anyway.

The Arcade Fire - for a better, more Canadian world.
    Dear lord, that video looks fantastic. How long ago was that?

Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

Would have been early last year, New York's United Palace.

Awesome.

Oh dear God, I was just looking on youtube for live video of "Cold Wind" and someone made an AMV with "Cold Wind." On one hand, I should be glad that someone made one without using the usual Linkin Park/Evanescence/MCR garbage, but on the other hand, it's still AMV.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Poor Cold Wind.... argh.

There's a horrible Youtube out there, with Rebellion over a video from the Sims 2. It can make every single muscle in my body clench at once.

EDIT: Is it the one from Final Fantasy?

That makes a horrifying kind of sense.

Just showing some to MP & her AF joy parade thread ... I'll be back later ...

OMG - what a nice coincidence I'm going out and wearing my black with bluish men's swimming (the 1 in your avatar MP) Arcade Fire shirt!
    Last edited by idrive1life; 11-30-2008 at 11:08 AM.

I missed Arcade Fire by one day at Red Rocks. I was there to see Muse (woops, the "M" word) and AF played the night before. Woulda been great to catch. I like their music. Woot.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    I missed Arcade Fire by one day at Red Rocks. I was there to see Muse (woops, the "M" word) and AF played the night before. Woulda been great to catch. I like their music. Woot.
    I'd give toes to see a band at Red Rocks. Any band. It looks fucking amazing.

Would have been early last year, New York's United Palace.

Awesome.
    I thought they stopped playing in the crowd...oh I want to see them live so badly.

Barbara, the ninja

Listening to Arcade Fire makes me tear up every time ;_; They are so powerful... that video gave me goosebumps. How lucky that person recording was!

Our very own ArcadeParade has a video like that. Fucking awesome! I'm gonna go and watch AF or Muse at RR next time!

Best moment and sing-along of Coachella '07: during Wake-up
    Last edited by idrive1life; 11-30-2008 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonshman View Post
    I thought they stopped playing in the crowd...oh I want to see them live so badly.
    They sort of did. They just pulled the audience onto the stage instead.

Nah, they didn't do it towards the end of the tour, really. It was getting a bit rough, and I know Jeremy in particular wasn't comfortable with doing it in bigger crowds. 7,000 people can be kind of scary when they're all worked up.

Plus, security used to throw fucking fits about it.

Win carried on crowd surfing though, and occasionally they'd sneak back out to do an encore from the audience when it had thinned out a bit. Randall's Island, fr'instance:

Last edited by MissingPerson; 11-30-2008 at 11:28 AM.

Arcade Fire destroys so much live. Sigh.

So glad I got to hear "Cold Wind" last year.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

I still think the winner for "Best Arcade Fire Video EVER" is the Take Away Show in the elevator. It still gives me goosebumps.

The two times I've seen AF have been extremely on opposite sides of the concert enjoyment spectrum, but they were both equally amazing. There's something about being squeezed upfront with some friends that is directly related to being halfway back at the Hollywood Bowl with your boyfriend and thousands of other people screaming the lyrics to "Tunnels." I dunno. Anyone else catch what I'm saying?

AF live is a very communal experience, I feel.

That Arcade Fire video is so fucking awesome. Wow. I would LOVE to see a show of their like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

God, yes. Even if Nickelback were opening, it would be worth anything to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by kitt kat View Post
    I still think the winner for "Best Arcade Fire Video EVER" is the Take Away Show in the elevator. It still gives me goosebumps.
    Yeah.

Hopefully , a full documentary's worth of footage will surface at some stage, although God only knows when. 'Til then, we'll have to make do with the fifteen minutes we've got:

Love that little acoustic bit of Antichrist Television Blues.

It is with hesitation that I approve this thread. I wish I could see the light and be cool like you guys. From what I hear, the live show will change my mind

For some reason, I cannot shake this image I have of them being creepy religious creepos who are uber religious and kinda creepy
    Last edited by sbessiso; 11-30-2008 at 12:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

The first photo of them in the hillsides is froma photo shoot at Berkeley, those shows ruled.

Last edited by suprefan; 11-30-2008 at 12:58 PM.

spam
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

vinylmartyr

vinylmartyr

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

I'd give toes to see a band at Red Rocks. Any band. It looks fucking amazing.

List of bands I have seen at Red Rocks in my 2 years here:
    Bjork with Joanna Newsom
    Manu Chao with Gogol Bordello
    Bob Dylan with My Morning Jacket
    Daft fucking Punk
    ARCADE FIRE with LCD Soundsystem
    The Cure
    Modest Mouse with REM
    Black Keys with My Morning Jacket
    Sigur Ros

Underworld should have been on that list but the show was moved to a smaller venue due to poor ticket sales...
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

vinylmartyr

One of my favorite AF songs:

3:31 on is probably my favorite part of any of the stuff they've made.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    jesus christ, i leave the board for an hour to find the disneyland thread and there's all these fry threads. wtf?!

The last show of their tour last year in Berkeley remains one of the best live shows I have ever been to.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

Damn. First thing Psychic Friend's ever said to me, and it was a spam call.

Consider me duly pwned.

Quote Originally Posted by vinylmartyr View Post
    Oversized sunglasses are the new trucker hats.

Actually, I've seen those abominations for over three years now. When will it ever end.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Oversized sunglasses are the new trucker hats.

Actually, I've seen those abominations for over three years now. When will it ever end.
    flannel.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

Beard....

I lol'd at PF and vinyl's coordinated attacks on this thread. *"Arcade Vomit"*