Page 1 of 281 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 8408

Thread: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

  1. #1
    Coachella Junkie MissingPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,521

    Default MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

    Because life is too short to let an asshole's name get indelibly attached to a great band of nice people, behold the alternative Arcade Fire thread.

    A new breed of kinder, gentler Arcade Fire thread, here shall their music be discussed without fear of weird competitions about who can like music better, or unnecessary extremes of blind hatred, or creepy excesses of moist, clammy fan love. Look, here's a nice gentle picture to set the tone:







    Now remember, when choosing your preferred Arcade Fire thread, take care and heed the following:
    1. I didn't hear them before you, nor will I claim to.

    2. Liking Arcade Fire doesn't have to be a competitive exercise.

    3. Yes, it's okay not to like his voice.

    4. Yes, he does have weird hair. It's supposed to be weird.

    5. Yes, it does blow that you didn't get tickets/ that poster/ that limited 7" etc. This is not necessarily a failure on your part, nor are you a fundamentally defective person as a result.

    6. No, you do not have to forfeit your sense of hearing just because you didn't see them play in a phone booth, back when there were only two members trying to play a single shared kazoo they fashioned themselves solely for your benefit.

    7. Their quality is not, in fact, legally required to be discussed only in relation to that of other bands, including - but not limited to - Muse.

    8. If you don't like their music, well, you're some kind of weirdo, and probably find otters sexually attractive or something. But whatever, that's a lifestyle choice. So long as you keep it out of my damn backyard, you disgusting freak, I can deal with the concept of you not liking them. Even though it is obviously a failure of taste or fun, I'll respect your stupid opinion.


    Anyway.



    The Arcade Fire - for a better, more Canadian world.

  2. #2

    Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    Because life is too short to let an asshole's name get indelibly attached to a great band of nice people, behold the alternative Arcade Fire thread.

    A new breed of kinder, gentler Arcade Fire thread, here shall their music be discussed without fear of weird competitions about who can like music better, or unnecessary extremes of blind hatred, or creepy excesses of moist, clammy fan love. Look, here's a nice gentle picture to set the tone:







    Now remember, when choosing your preferred Arcade Fire thread, take care and heed the following:
    1. I didn't hear them before you, nor will I claim to.

    2. Liking Arcade Fire doesn't have to be a competitive exercise.

    3. Yes, it's okay not to like his voice.

    4. Yes, he does have weird hair. It's supposed to be weird.

    5. Yes, it does blow that you didn't get tickets/ that poster/ that limited 7" etc. This is not necessarily a failure on your part, nor are you a fundamentally defective person as a result.

    6. No, you do not have to forfeit your sense of hearing just because you didn't see them play in a phone booth, back when there were only two members trying to play a single shared kazoo they fashioned themselves solely for your benefit.

    7. Their quality is not, in fact, legally required to be discussed only in relation to that of other bands, including - but not limited to - Muse.

    8. If you don't like their music, well, you're some kind of weirdo, and probably find otters sexually attractive or something. But whatever, that's a lifestyle choice. So long as you keep it out of my damn backyard, you disgusting freak, I can deal with the concept of you not liking them. Even though it is obviously a failure of taste or fun, I'll respect your stupid opinion.


    Anyway.



    The Arcade Fire - for a better, more Canadian world.
    Dear lord, that video looks fantastic. How long ago was that?

  3. #3
    Coachella Junkie MissingPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,521

    Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

    Would have been early last year, New York's United Palace.



    Awesome.

  4. #4
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,419

    Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

    Oh dear God, I was just looking on youtube for live video of "Cold Wind" and someone made an AMV with "Cold Wind." On one hand, I should be glad that someone made one without using the usual Linkin Park/Evanescence/MCR garbage, but on the other hand, it's still AMV.
    4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

  5. #5
    Coachella Junkie MissingPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,521

    Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

    Poor Cold Wind.... argh.

    There's a horrible Youtube out there, with Rebellion over a video from the Sims 2. It can make every single muscle in my body clench at once.

    EDIT: Is it the one from Final Fantasy?

    That makes a horrifying kind of sense.

  6. #6
    Citizen Erased idrive1life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,131

    Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

    Just showing some to MP & her AF joy parade thread ... I'll be back later ...

    OMG - what a nice coincidence I'm going out and wearing my black with bluish men's swimming (the 1 in your avatar MP) Arcade Fire shirt!
    Last edited by idrive1life; 11-30-2008 at 11:08 AM.

  7. #7
    Beefy Soft Taco TommyboyUNM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Oppressing the white man
    Posts
    11,532

    Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

    I missed Arcade Fire by one day at Red Rocks. I was there to see Muse (woops, the "M" word) and AF played the night before. Woulda been great to catch. I like their music. Woot.

  8. #8
    Coachella Junkie MissingPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,521

    Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    I missed Arcade Fire by one day at Red Rocks. I was there to see Muse (woops, the "M" word) and AF played the night before. Woulda been great to catch. I like their music. Woot.
    I'd give toes to see a band at Red Rocks. Any band. It looks fucking amazing.


  9. #9

    Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    Would have been early last year, New York's United Palace.



    Awesome.
    I thought they stopped playing in the crowd...oh I want to see them live so badly.

  10. #10
    Barbara, the ninja
    Guest

    Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

    Listening to Arcade Fire makes me tear up every time ;_; They are so powerful... that video gave me goosebumps. How lucky that person recording was!

  11. #11
    Citizen Erased idrive1life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,131

    Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

    Our very own ArcadeParade has a video like that. Fucking awesome! I'm gonna go and watch AF or Muse at RR next time!

    Best moment and sing-along of Coachella '07: during Wake-up
    Last edited by idrive1life; 11-30-2008 at 11:55 AM.

  12. #12
    Coachella Junkie MissingPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,521

    Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonshman View Post
    I thought they stopped playing in the crowd...oh I want to see them live so badly.
    They sort of did. They just pulled the audience onto the stage instead.

    Nah, they didn't do it towards the end of the tour, really. It was getting a bit rough, and I know Jeremy in particular wasn't comfortable with doing it in bigger crowds. 7,000 people can be kind of scary when they're all worked up.

    Plus, security used to throw fucking fits about it.

    Win carried on crowd surfing though, and occasionally they'd sneak back out to do an encore from the audience when it had thinned out a bit. Randall's Island, fr'instance:

    Last edited by MissingPerson; 11-30-2008 at 11:28 AM.

  13. #13
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,419

    Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

    Arcade Fire destroys so much live. Sigh.

    So glad I got to hear "Cold Wind" last year.
    4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

  14. #14
    Entry level Alt kitt kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    6,081

    Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

    I still think the winner for "Best Arcade Fire Video EVER" is the Take Away Show in the elevator. It still gives me goosebumps.

    The two times I've seen AF have been extremely on opposite sides of the concert enjoyment spectrum, but they were both equally amazing. There's something about being squeezed upfront with some friends that is directly related to being halfway back at the Hollywood Bowl with your boyfriend and thousands of other people screaming the lyrics to "Tunnels." I dunno. Anyone else catch what I'm saying?

    AF live is a very communal experience, I feel.

  15. #15
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,359

    Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

    That Arcade Fire video is so fucking awesome. Wow. I would LOVE to see a show of their like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.

  16. #16
    Coachella Junkie MissingPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,521

    Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

    God, yes. Even if Nickelback were opening, it would be worth anything to be there.

    Quote Originally Posted by kitt kat View Post
    I still think the winner for "Best Arcade Fire Video EVER" is the Take Away Show in the elevator. It still gives me goosebumps.
    Yeah.

    Hopefully , a full documentary's worth of footage will surface at some stage, although God only knows when. 'Til then, we'll have to make do with the fifteen minutes we've got:



    Love that little acoustic bit of Antichrist Television Blues.

  17. #17
    DJ SallyBear sbessiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    27,692

    Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

    It is with hesitation that I approve this thread. I wish I could see the light and be cool like you guys. From what I hear, the live show will change my mind

    For some reason, I cannot shake this image I have of them being creepy religious creepos who are uber religious and kinda creepy
    Last edited by sbessiso; 11-30-2008 at 12:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

  18. #18
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

    The first photo of them in the hillsides is froma photo shoot at Berkeley, those shows ruled.




    Last edited by suprefan; 11-30-2008 at 12:58 PM.

  19. #19
    Cobra psychic friend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    valley girl
    Posts
    9,201

    Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

    spam
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

  20. #20
    vinylmartyr
    Guest

    Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.


  21. #21
    vinylmartyr
    Guest

    Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.


  22. #22
    Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    24,282

    Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    I'd give toes to see a band at Red Rocks. Any band. It looks fucking amazing.

    List of bands I have seen at Red Rocks in my 2 years here:
    Bjork with Joanna Newsom
    Manu Chao with Gogol Bordello
    Bob Dylan with My Morning Jacket
    Daft fucking Punk
    ARCADE FIRE with LCD Soundsystem
    The Cure
    Modest Mouse with REM
    Black Keys with My Morning Jacket
    Sigur Ros


    Underworld should have been on that list but the show was moved to a smaller venue due to poor ticket sales...
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014.

  23. #23
    vinylmartyr
    Guest

    Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.


  24. #24
    Member iv3rdawG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,744

    Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

    One of my favorite AF songs:



    3:31 on is probably my favorite part of any of the stuff they've made.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    jesus christ, i leave the board for an hour to find the disneyland thread and there's all these fry threads. wtf?!

  25. #25
    ASS FACE ThomThom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

    The last show of their tour last year in Berkeley remains one of the best live shows I have ever been to.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole.Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

  26. #26
    Coachella Junkie MissingPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,521

    Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

    Damn. First thing Psychic Friend's ever said to me, and it was a spam call.

    Consider me duly pwned.

  27. #27
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,419

    Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

    Quote Originally Posted by vinylmartyr View Post
    Oversized sunglasses are the new trucker hats.

    Actually, I've seen those abominations for over three years now. When will it ever end.
    4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

  28. #28
    old school zenidogx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    5,050

    Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Oversized sunglasses are the new trucker hats.

    Actually, I've seen those abominations for over three years now. When will it ever end.
    flannel.
    Mazxy star was nice and dreamy robightm crowd wouldn't follow no photo request. First time in the green room. Mmm free beer and wine.glad I got to see them Cruz I missed Coachella 3012

  29. #29
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

    Beard....

  30. #30
    Citizen Erased idrive1life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,131

    Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

    I lol'd at PF and vinyl's coordinated attacks on this thread. *"Arcade Vomit"*

Similar Threads

  1. The Official Arcade Fire Saved Music Thread™
    By DeltaSigChi4 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 393
    Last Post: 12-07-2012, 04:00 PM
  2. Arcade Fire!
    By FakePlasticMe in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 05-03-2007, 10:05 PM
  3. THE ARCADE FIRE
    By SecretAgentX-9 in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 08:20 PM
  4. Did anyone get SD Arcade Fire tix?
    By bmack86 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 02-25-2007, 04:26 PM
  5. Arcade Fire
    By AEversW in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-22-2007, 04:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •