Page 284 of 286 FirstFirst ... 279280281282283284285286 LastLast
Results 8,491 to 8,520 of 8561

Thread: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

That video makes the cover sound a lot worse than it sounded last night. Or maybe, Shoreline's muffled sound on the lawn made it sound a lot better last night.

11/28: Dixon @ TBA
    12/1: Angel Olsen, Kevin Morby @ GAMH
    12/6: Dream Police @ Brick and Mortar
    12/12: Ancient Methods @ Mercer
    12/13: RRose, Carlos Souffrant @ TBA
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar

Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    I'll be in section 104 for Saturday at the Forum, and section J in Santa Barbara.

Does anyone know set times for SB yet?
    I'll check if we have them already when I am there on Saturday for Mariachi Fest. If not I will post them Monday morning.
    2014...Pixies San Jose, Queens of the Stone Age Vegas, Flogging Molly Oakland, Beck SB Arlington, Coachella weekend 1, Dum Dum Girls Roxy, The National SB Bowl, X Roxy, X San Luis Obispo, Echo and the Bunnymen Orpheum LA, FYF Los Angeles, Weezer Paso Robles, Queens of the Stone Age MEXICO CITY and the Forum, and every single show at the Santa Barbara Bowl for the 2014 season, good, bad or indifferent

Cool thanks. I'm coming up with a friend and want to figure out how much time we'll have before to hang out around town.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Chain gleaming, switching lanes, two-seater
    Hate him or love him for the same reason
    Can't leave it, the game needs him
    Plus the people need someone to believe in
    So in God's Son we trust
    Cause they know I'm gonna give em what they want
    They looking for a Hiro, I guess that makes me a Hiro
    Another chapter of the cleanest rapper, distinguished gentlemen
    Crooks and Castle on his back, Maybacher
    Exotic lady eye-catcher, holla at ya, call me the chiropractor
    Working like Muay Thai class, get perspire out ya
    And of course I've been the boss since back when
    Rocking D Boy, Fila, velour in one-ninety black Benz
    Now they shut down the stores when I'm shopping
    Used to be train robbing, face covered in stocking - I'm him
    Rubber-grip-holder, reloader, come at me
    I'ma rip your soliders in half, silverback ape, nickel-plated mag
    Young, rich and flashy; young bitch, I'm nasty
    All black clothes 'til ice lay on me so classy
    And every time I close my lids
    I can still see the borough, I can still see the bridge
    I can still see the dreams that my niqqas ain't never lived to see
    Tell them angels open the door for me
    From nine Berettas and movin' raw to chilling in wine cellars
    Sticks and humidors, that's what I call mature
    That's what I call a G, that's what I call a pimp
    That's what I call a gangsta, to the fullest shit
    I try to make more cream
    By every September 14th, that's my dream
    So I can be more clean, as I grow yearly
    I can see things more clearly, that's why they fear me, let's go
    This universal apartheid, I'm hog-tied, the corporate side
    Blocking y'all from going to stores and buying it
    First L.A. and Doug Morris was riding with it
    But Newsweek article startled big wigs, they said Hiro why is he trying it
    My lawyers only see the Billboard charts as winning
    Forgetting Hiro the only true rebel since the beginning
    Still in musical prison, in jail for the flow
    Try telling Bob Dylan, Bruce, or Billy Joel they can't sing what's in their soul
    So Untitled it is, I never change nothing, but people remember this
    If Hiro can't say it, think about these talented kids
    With new ideas being told what they can and can't spit
    I can't sit and watch it, so shit, I'mma drop it
    Like it or not, you ain't gotta cop it
    I'm a hustler in the studio, cups of Don Julio
    No matter what the CD called, I'm unbeatable y'all, let's go
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

My mind is still blown from last night. Great show!
    12/18 & 19- Dillon Francis, Fox Theater
    12/31- Chromeo, Fort Mason
    2/1- RL Grime, Catalyst
    2/7- London Grammar, Fox Theater
    3/20- OK GO, Catalyst
    3/25- Echosmith, Regency Ballroom
    9/16- Foo Fighters, Shoreline

Are people still attending in costume/formal wear?

Quote Originally Posted by santasutt View Post
    Are people still attending in costume/formal wear?
    Yes. Mostly the youth. Which there were a lot of at this show.

11/28: Dixon @ TBA
    12/1: Angel Olsen, Kevin Morby @ GAMH
    12/6: Dream Police @ Brick and Mortar
    12/12: Ancient Methods @ Mercer
    12/13: RRose, Carlos Souffrant @ TBA
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar

You know how much those youths love their indie rock.

9/21 - Arsis @ New Royal Dive
    10/28 - Tycho @ North Park Theatre
    10/30 - The Rural Alberta Advantage @ Soda Bar
    11/4 - United Nations @ Los Globos
    11/12 - DFA 1979 @ House Of Blues
    11/14 - The Presets @ North Park Theatre
    11/29 - Cake @ Del Mar

With much regret, it looks like I am not going to make the Santa Barbara Bowl show on Monday 8/4. I have 2 tickets togehter in Sec E that I will sell for $90ea (that's face value + fees paid) obo. PM if interested. They are hard tickets, available for pick-up in San Francisco.

I'll be in section 104 for Saturday at the Forum, and section J in Santa Barbara.

Does anyone know set times for SB yet?
    SB Bowl says start time is at 6:30. So assume it goes like this.

Doors - 5:30
    Owen Pallet 6:30
    Dan Deacon 7:15
    Arcade Fire 8:00 - end

Incredible show tonight. Tour debut of Suburban War was a nice surprise. Can't wait for Forum 2 and Santa Barbara!

Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    August
    1 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    2 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    4 - Arcade Fire - Santa Barbara Bowl
    8-10 - Outside Lands - Golden Gate Park
    14 - Death From Above 1979 - Troubadour
    20 - The Strokes - Chelsea at Cosmopolitan

One of those shows that reminds you how festival sets are crap

Quote Originally Posted by shermanoaksyo View Post
    One of those shows that reminds you how festival sets are crap
    Festival sets are a different kind of experience, not sure i'd necessarily use crap to describe them. Coachella 2011 is still my favorite AF show. It wasn't the best setlist or the best sound, but all of the little things added up to make it my favorite AF show.

I thought the sound engineering tonight was among the best i've ever heard at an arena. Makes sense because they use Radiohead's sound engineer (Jim Warren).
    Last edited by ameeps; 08-02-2014 at 03:14 AM.

August
    1 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    2 - Arcade Fire - Forum

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    SB Bowl says start time is at 6:30. So assume it goes like this.

Doors - 5:30
    Owen Pallet 6:30
    Dan Deacon 7:15
    Arcade Fire 8:00 - end
    Thanks. Damn, so Owen Pallet would be before Dan Deacon...ok.

I'd ask for tonight's set times but I'm sure I can find them "on my own"...
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ameeps View Post
    Coachella 2011 is still my favorite AF show. It wasn't the best setlist or the best sound, but all of the little things added up to make it my favorite AF show.
    Ditto. We weren't even anywhere near as close to the stage for that set as we were in Phoenix (where we were on the rail) just a few nights earlier and yet their energy was so much more palpable. Like they felt they had something to prove.

We're seeing them in Montreal at the end of the month and because of my DUI in 2006, there's a potential that I won't even be allowed into the country. Is there anyone around here who a) has a DUI, and b) has gone or tried going to Canada afterward?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    In his defense I do remember there being an upsurge of black coworker on white coworker exlaxings in LA after Rodney King.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

my neighbor has one and they won't let him in. i think his was in 2001.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

I have heard it takes 7 years, but I've also heard 10. You can probably call or email some sort of official.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

This was a helpful read. I think I'm going to try for the rehabilitated permit
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    Ditto. We weren't even anywhere near as close to the stage for that set as we were in Phoenix (where we were on the rail) just a few nights earlier and yet their energy was so much more palpable. Like they felt they had something to prove.

We're seeing them in Montreal at the end of the month and because of my DUI in 2006, there's a potential that I won't even be allowed into the country. Is there anyone around here who a) has a DUI, and b) has gone or tried going to Canada afterward?
    coachella this year they still felt too much like they had 'something to prove.' my only real grumble. you cant force every song to be an anthem
    11/28 - Dixon - Secret
    12/5 - Gareth Emery - SLS Vegas
    12/6 - Heart - House of Blues, Las Vegas
    12/12 - Cat Stevens - Masonic Center
    4/17-4/19 - Coachella weekend 2

Thanks. Damn, so Owen Pallet would be before Dan Deacon...ok.
    He's guessing.
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

Suburbs festival sets were unusually great. Especially Coachella. I reckon I've seen AF ten times since '05; last night was as much fun as Lolla '10 & Coachella '11. Way better than Glastonbury this year, where they seemed a bit burnt out.

Great venue. The Forum is epic but compact. I was very, very happy, start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by shermanoaksyo View Post
    Suburbs festival sets were unusually great. Especially Coachella. I reckon I've seen AF ten times since '05; last night was as much fun as Lolla '10 & Coachella '11. Way better than Glastonbury this year, where they seemed a bit burnt out.

Great venue. The Forum is epic but compact. I was very, very happy, start to finish.
    My sentiments exactly. This was my first time seeing a show at the renovated Forum, and it was really enjoyable. Parking was the only inconvenience, but that's to be expected at an arena. Sound was great, lines moved relatively quickly, and the new forum is really nice.

August
    1 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    2 - Arcade Fire - Forum

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    This was a helpful read. I think I'm going to try for the rehabilitated permit
    Yeah, unfortunately we don't have time for it. I had never heard about their DUI stuff until I stumbled upon it on accident. I am going to email the local Canadian consulate this week and see what he says.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by ameeps View Post
    My sentiments exactly. This was my first time seeing a show at the renovated Forum, and it was really enjoyable. Parking was the only inconvenience, but that's to be expected at an arena. Sound was great, lines moved relatively quickly, and the new forum is really nice.
    Forum was definitely awesome. They managed to make a former sports arena feel quite intimate yet grand at the same time. I felt kind of bad for the people without floor seats because with Dan Deacon and the DJ set afterwards it was such a fucking interactive experience. I went to the Friday show which was amazing. Would have liked the Saturday setlist, but I can't complain. Anyone attend the after party last night? I felt a towering presence dancing next to me, and when I looked up it was Richard Reed Parry haha.

Dan Deacon on Saturday is near the top of the worst live performances I have EVER seen.

Quote Originally Posted by MuseRadio View Post
    Dan Deacon on Saturday is near the top of the worst live performances I have EVER seen.
    Was the performance itself actually bad or did you just not care for the music?
    12/04 - Angel Olson - El Rey (?)
    12/06 - Dr. John - Royce Hall (?)
    12/14 - Cat Stevens - Nokia
    12/20 - Stevie Wonder - Forum (?)
    1/10 - Flesh Eaters - Echoplex (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Pssh, Deacon brought the house down last night. Much more so than the disappointingly middling crowd response for The Unicorns. But people went wild for Deacon.

Didn't go the first night so I'm bummed I missed out on "Suburban War", but there were enough goodies on the second night to satisfy me.
    Last edited by thepiratepenguin; 08-03-2014 at 06:50 PM.

I loved The Unicorns and hope they pull a DFA and get back to making music.

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    Was the performance itself actually bad or did you just not care for the music?
    Didn't mind the music too much. His crowd interaction was just so juvenile and stale and every time he tried to be funny he was anything but.