Page 282 of 286 FirstFirst ... 277278279280281282283284285286 LastLast
Results 8,431 to 8,460 of 8557

Thread: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

old school

Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    Teaser for the We Exist video.

]
    Shot at Coachella

old school

Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

Arcade Fire, Kid Koala, Tune-Yards
    Bridgestone Arena
    Nashville, Tenn.
    4,713 / 9,001
    $269,234

from Billboard Boxscore this week

As always, thanks for the random, context-free info, Bumblebee.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Cant wait to catch them at the George in August.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    As always, thanks for the random, context-free info, Bumblebee.
    Less than 5,000 in a venue that could have sold 18,000 with their stage set up. Little bit better than 25% capacity.

So what you're saying is . . . Arcade Fire overestimated their popularity in Nashville?

Good to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    So what you're saying is . . . Arcade Fire overestimated their popularity in Nashville?

Good to know.
    Management overestimated all around.

Although this one will for sure sell out.

July 3rd
    Hyde Park
    London, UK

Suppoert form Jake Bugg, Future Islands, Wild Beatsts, Band of Skulls and more tba.

old school

Management overestimated all around.

Although this one will for sure sell out.

July 3rd
    Hyde Park
    London, UK

Suppoert form Jake Bugg, Future Islands, Wild Beatsts, Band of Skulls and more tba.
    It'll sell well in such a big market at the height of tourist season, but it's mind boggling the amount of competition they have that week or so.

Jack White, Monty Python(all 5), Elton, Sabbath/Soundgarden, Hop Farm, Wireless with Kanye/Drake/Bruno, Eminem, Neil Young & Crazy Horse and Pearl Jam.

Arcade Fire play 2 Earl's Court shows in a 3 weeks time and also play Glastonbury. In this area it'll be fan's 4th chance to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    It'll sell well in such a big market at the height of tourist season, but it's mind boggling the amount of competition they have that week or so.

Jack White, Monty Python(all 5), Elton, Sabbath/Soundgarden, Hop Farm, Wireless with Kanye/Drake/Bruno, Eminem, Neil Young & Crazy Horse and Pearl Jam.

Arcade Fire play 2 Earl's Court shows in a 3 weeks time and also play Glastonbury. In this area it'll be fan's 4th chance to see them.
    That's all in one week??? Damn I wish I could be there.

Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    August
    1 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    2 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    4 - Arcade Fire - Santa Barbara Bowl
    8-10 - Outside Lands - Golden Gate Park
    14 - Death From Above 1979 - Troubadour
    20 - The Strokes - Chelsea at Cosmopolitan

You didnt do anything around glasto last year? It was similar.

Supre pwned! By the time they come here for 3 shows at Barclays center, the tickets will be $10 the week of. Who do they think they are trying to play there for 3 nights...

8/25 Sleep @ Stage 48
    8/30 Heavy Blanket @ Union Pool
    8/30 Black Pus @ BNB
    8/30 Hernan Cattaneo b2b Guy J @ Verboten
    8/31 DJ Qu/Lauren Ritter @ Paper Box

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Was that shot weekend 2?
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

WE CAN BE HIROS...JUST FOR ONE DAY
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Was that shot weekend 2?
    Yup. They even had the bears in the video dancing on the podium that Regine used during Oh Orpheus.
    COACHELLA- 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 (wk 1 & 2), 13 (wk 1 &2), 14 (wk 1 & 2)

I love Arcade Fire but they need to reevaluate their touring strategy. I don't see how selling 25-30% of arenas can be profitable.

Another example similar to Nashville:

In St. Louis, they booked the Verizon Wireless Ampitheatre, with a capacity of 20,000. Poor ticket sales lead to Groupon promotions, and then they finally moved it to Chaifetz arena, with a capacity of 10,000. And then the show still only sold about 3-4000 tickets. It's bad.

August
    1 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    2 - Arcade Fire - Forum

old school

Quote Originally Posted by ameeps View Post
    I love Arcade Fire but they need to reevaluate their touring strategy. I don't see how selling 25-30% of arenas can be profitable.

Another example similar to Nashville:

In St. Louis, they booked the Verizon Wireless Ampitheatre, with a capacity of 20,000. Poor ticket sales lead to Groupon promotions, and then they finally moved it to Chaifetz arena, with a capacity of 10,000. And then the show still only sold about 3-4000 tickets. It's bad.
    Promoters usually budget arena shows to be hit the profit around the 3,000 mark. AF also benefit from merch and VIP tickets.

The one that gets me is Ottawa having discounted tickets. It's the 2nd closest show to the lone Montreal hometown gig and only a 2-3 hour drive.

Remember the 2013 talk of them playing Stadiums in North America?

Promoters usually budget arena shows to be hit the profit around the 3,000 mark. AF also benefit from merch and VIP tickets.

The one that gets me is Ottawa having discounted tickets. It's the 2nd closest show to the lone Montreal hometown gig and only a 2-3 hour drive.

Remember the 2013 talk of them playing Stadiums in North America?
    Do you have a source for profitability around 3,000? I'd like to read more about touring economics. Completely serious.

August
    1 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    2 - Arcade Fire - Forum

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

I think it's pretty clear that Arcade Fire are so over.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

I'm not buying Arcade Fire tickets until the week of. I'll probably hit up 2-3 nights for like 40 bucks total. Thanks Arcade Fire for booking 4 shows in my area.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by ameeps View Post
    Do you have a source for profitability around 3,000? I'd like to read more about touring economics. Completely serious.
    General industry rule of thumb repeated by many in industry interviews. Changes if the act wants to goes nuts on production, depends on pricing/VIP packages sold and depends on the venue rental and they make money from parking/concessions. Some amphitheaters charge little for rental and make everything on parking/food/beer/advertising. Helps explain why some acts always tour with the same pattern/type of shows while ignoring others.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    I think it's pretty clear that Arcade Fire are so over.
    Their management got little ambitious. They will play to big crowds and make stupid money but some empty seats and tickets on the scalper market going for pennies on the dollar does take away from enthusiasm by the fan base.

In 2010 Arcade Fire played the 2,360 capacity Ryman on their Nashville stop. Probably the coolest venue to see them on that year and 2014 they may have played on of the least desirable shows on the year.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BmlMBFYIIAAPKWr.jpg:medium
    http://instagram.com/p/nf2d3vFMbk/#
    https://twitter.com/BigNastyNayNay/s...827136/photo/1
    http://instagram.com/p/ne5Fbdv0oj/#
    https://twitter.com/indielabelnews/s...49710571229184

Their management got little ambitious. They will play to big crowds and make stupid money but some empty seats and tickets on the scalper market going for pennies on the dollar does take away from enthusiasm by the fan base.
    Why would scalpers losing money make fans less enthused?

Television added as another opener to the 3rd Barclays center date.

Devo added to Chicago and Mountain View.

Antibalas added to DC, Bangor Maine and Mansfield.

Fraka added to Montreal.

Dj Steve Mackey added to both Forum dates.

I've given up hope that they'll stop in Vegas on this tour. I might try to get to the LA Forum show because I love the new album and I don't want to miss this.
    "ain't no thang but a chicken wang"

Interesting how Steve Mackey is coming all the way to LA to DJ between sets. Wonder if there will be another Pulp film screening added around then.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

old school

Television added as another opener to the 3rd Barclays center date.

Devo added to Chicago and Mountain View.
    Some shows get exclusive Unicorns reunion shows, some shows get Devo. Barclays #3 gets a rare stateside Television show AND Unicorns.

The Gorge gig gets Dan Deacon.

Gonna be weird seeing Dan Deacon play an amphitheater. Wonder if he's gonna try to have a set up in the pit at all.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasma Del Mar View Post
    Gonna be weird seeing Dan Deacon play an amphitheater. Wonder if he's gonna try to have a set up in the pit at all.
    Just have 20-30 people onstage like Girl Talk.

Limited amount of GA tickets released at face value for Santa Barbara and Forum night 1.

August
    1 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    2 - Arcade Fire - Forum

Wooh, volunteering with Partners in health August 1 at the forum. Say hey if you see me running around

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    Wooh, volunteering with Partners in health August 1 at the forum. Say hey if you see me running around
    That's awesome. I'll try and stop by the tent.

Ticket Update
    3 pairs of tickets left for Santa Barbara Bowl. Snatch em before they're gone.
    Last edited by ameeps; 07-26-2014 at 11:17 AM.

August
    1 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    2 - Arcade Fire - Forum