Page 244 of 284 FirstFirst ... 239240241242243244245246247248249 ... LastLast
Results 7,291 to 7,320 of 8501

Thread: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

Makes sense. They wanted him to produce the Suburbs but he was busy with LCD.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

Arcade Fire tube:

BREAKING! Jeremy Gara (Arcade Fire's drummer) said over the weekend the new Arcade Fire album coming out "possibly this year". Wow!
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

YEAH
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Oh boy, here we go again.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

NEW SONG

August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

I got bored and skipped in roughly 20 second intervals until the end of the song, sure enough each time it stated playing he was either singing "crucified" or "again"

Arcade Fire tube, again:
    "We have no planned [Arcade Fire] releases until the end of next year or the start of the following year." Meaning of course the new Arcade Fire album will come out at the earliest come the end of 2013 or start of 2014. Much more in line with previous info. Oh and there's no live DVD/Bluray either. Depressing enough update?
    I'm guessing the quotation within the quotation may be from Merge, but I'm not sure. I was skeptical of the earlier Jeremy Gara statement, and this certainly would reflect my early thinking that we're looking at a 2014 album cycle.

Edit: Arcade Fire tube sources the quotation from Arcade Fire's manager.
    Last edited by Miroir Noir; 10-23-2012 at 10:56 AM.

oh whaaat

Us Kids Know
    Arcade Fire - as Les Identiks - played a secret show in Montreal last night for a crowd of 100 very lucky people. To quote Scott Rodger "magic is back in music". :-)
    8/06 - Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl (?)
    8/07 - Haim - Wiltern (?)
    8/08 - Spoon - Hollywood Forever
    8/10 - Paul McCartney - Dodger Stadium
    8/12 - FKA Twigs - El Rey (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Cue 10 pages of people thinking theyre going to play Coachella this year and other randomness.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Neon Bible and The Suburbs.

If only I had 350,000 lying around.

Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    June
    5 - tUnE-yArDs - Fonda
    10 - Jack White - Fonda
    11 - Jack White - Mayan
    13 - War On Drugs - 50 Kent
    14 - Beirut - 50 Kent
    15 - CHVRCHES - McCarren
    16 - Phantogram - T5
    17 - 19 - The National - Prospect
    20 - Little Dragon - T5
    21 - Bill Maher - Capitol
    22 - Dave Chapelle - Radio City
    24 - Dave Chapelle & The Roots - Radio City
    26 - Warpaint - Prospect
    30 - Beck - Hammerstein

The band played a Haiti benefit tonight in Montreal.

Regine is apparently pregnant with Blue Ivy Butler:

Setlist
    1) Headlights Look Like Diamonds
    2) Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)
    3) Haiti

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Fuck I love them
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Marika is pregnant as well.

Aracde Fire babies!!! Yay!
    Completely selfish but I hope this doesn't mean they won't tour as much for the new album.

Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    June
    5 - tUnE-yArDs - Fonda
    10 - Jack White - Fonda
    11 - Jack White - Mayan
    13 - War On Drugs - 50 Kent
    14 - Beirut - 50 Kent
    15 - CHVRCHES - McCarren
    16 - Phantogram - T5
    17 - 19 - The National - Prospect
    20 - Little Dragon - T5
    21 - Bill Maher - Capitol
    22 - Dave Chapelle - Radio City
    24 - Dave Chapelle & The Roots - Radio City
    26 - Warpaint - Prospect
    30 - Beck - Hammerstein

Before the show on Saturday:

A few details emerge about the secret Montreal show last December from Besnard Lakes' Jace Lasek:

"The songs they played, to me they seemed like they were going further into a Talking Heads' Fear of Music vibe," Lasek tells Spinner, referencing the Heads' 1979 album.

Lasek, who was also assistant engineer for the show, says the rumors of a strong dance feel are also true.

"You know how Fear of Music has really cool rhythms and recurring pulses in the songs? That's what they were doing more of. They had guys playing congas and there was a lot of dancing go on. It was pretty cool."

Assuming the new album is released 8-12 months from now, is 2015 too early for a return to the headlining spot? And is 2014 ridiculously too early? Newborns or toddlers???
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

My (optimistic) guess is that we will get the album this fall, but I have no idea how they'll do the tour thing. I think you're right that the combination of childbirth and having headlined everything under the sun last time out suggest that 2014 is probably too early.

My (optimistic) guess is that we will get the album this fall, but I have no idea how they'll do the tour thing. I think you're right that the combination of childbirth and having headlined everything under the sun last time out suggest that 2014 is probably too early.
    That’s what I was thinking. It took 8 months and a Grammy to lay the foundation for 2011’s slot that relied heavily on the Suburbs. If the new album is released next winter, it will need to marinate past April to resonate with a big enough fan base wanting to see more than just a rehash of 2011 with some ‘new stuff’. The timing bodes well for summer 2014 festivals, but not Coachella.

I wouldn’t mind an Arcade Fire curated min-fest in the Fall of 2014 on the Polo Fields (AF, Beirut, the National, James Murphy...)
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

I already have them penciled in for 2015.

What I will be interested to see next time out is how they handle the Funeral material. These will probably be the first Arcade Fire shows any of us have seen where there won't be time for them to play all of "Tunnels," "Laika," "Power Out," "Wake Up," "Haiti," and "Rebellion" if they're going to play seven or eight new songs and still hit highlights from Neon Bible and The Suburbs.

This is assuming, of course, that they keep their sets to 1:40 or so of heightened energy.
    Last edited by Miroir Noir; 04-23-2013 at 09:19 AM.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

sounds like they need to take a note from the cure and just play for 4 hours.
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

Grammy had nothign to do with their headlining slot, considering the lineup came out a month before the Grammy's.

That blurb about the new album is very exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Grammy had nothign to do with their headlining slot, considering the lineup came out a month before the Grammy's.
    It did have a lot do with incremental familiarity with The Suburbs for many in the crowd by the time they played.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    sounds like they need to take a note from the cure and just play for 4 hours.
    I'm not sure that would work for them, or at least for them as their live performances have been up to this point.

Though if they want to attempt it, this may be a better touchstone for them than the Cure:

I would love nothing more than for them to figure out how to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    It did have a lot do with incremental familiarity with The Suburbs for many in the crowd by the time they played.
    Don't think so, considering they were booked a year in advance to headline.

And hopefully Gemma returns to these parts before the next album. She'll do a much better job of Suprecurating this thread than me or anyone else could.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Don't think so, considering they were booked a year in advance to headline.
    Sorry to confuse. Jen, you are refuting a point I'm too dumb to make. I wasn’t referring to locking them up as headliner. Come on, I know my timelines.

Instead of “…the foundation for 2011’s slot…” maybe, I should have specified “…the acclaim of 2011’s slot…” referring to the positive reception of a set where nearly half the songs were from their new album. The Suburbs coming out eight months prior gave casual fans longer opportunity to become familiar with it. The Grammy point was only incremental to that, meaning I’m pretty sure the Grammys (and other accolades) boosted popularity as well and thus even more fans bought and listened to The Suburbs leading into April.

Thus, a longer gap between release date and headline date = better show for more people.
    What I will be interested to see next time out is how they handle the Funeral material. These will probably be the first Arcade Fire shows any of us have seen where there won't be time for them to play all of "Tunnels," "Laika," "Power Out," "Wake Up," "Haiti," and "Rebellion" if they're going to play seven or eight new songs and still hit highlights from Neon Bible and The Suburbs.

This is assuming, of course, that they keep their sets to 1:40 or so of heightened energy.
    And yes Mitch, I'm concerned / interested in this as well. It just means we need to $ave up.