Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Guess what

  1. #1
    Drknowph
    Guest

    Default Guess what

    Jack johnson rules

    and coachella never has a shitty lineup
    so i wouldnt worry

    jack johnson 09

  2. #2
    Drknowph
    Guest

    Default Re: Guess what

    cmon haters,
    i made this thread for you geeks

  3. #3
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,764

    Default Re: Guess what

    Yeah, brah. I did hate how me and my brah ho couldn't see from the back because the crowd was so massive, brah. My collar went from popped to down.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

  4. #4
    DJ SallyBear sbessiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    27,753

    Default Re: Guess what

    He was awesome at Bonnaroo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

  5. #5
    Coachella Junkie woogie846's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,662

    Default Re: Guess what

    Quote Originally Posted by Drknowph View Post
    cmon haters,
    i made this thread for you geeks
    Sorry I'm hating, bro.

  6. #6
    old school Sonicifyouwantit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Beautiful Downtown Burbank!
    Posts
    4,836

    Default Re: Guess what

    isnt this thread a year late?
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

    2013 = 12 Coachellas

    do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

    Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

  7. #7
    Coachella Junkie humanoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    6,900

    Default Re: Guess what

    that's what?
    '99-'11...

  8. #8

    Default Re: Guess what

    I saw Jack Johnson in Hawaii at the Shell and he was amazing. I also saw him play a free concert at North Shore for the Triple Crown of Surf competition one year
    COACHELLA VETERAN

    2001 ~ 2007 ~ 2010 ~ 2011 ~ 2012

  9. #9
    Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,350

    Default Re: Guess what

    JJ can be chill, fun, good etc. but his music doesn't allow for amazing.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Guess what

    ^ Ill agree with that... I get overly excited for like any concert i guess thats why Amazing came out
    COACHELLA VETERAN

    2001 ~ 2007 ~ 2010 ~ 2011 ~ 2012

  11. #11
    Member oftheheartofthesoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    735

    Default Re: Guess what

    Finally, a thread with purpose.

  12. #12
    old school emtgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,513

    Default Re: Guess what

    or is it PORPOISE!!!

    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

    Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies


  13. #13
    Member Quadromarshia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    856

    Default Re: Guess what

    Quote Originally Posted by Drknowph View Post
    Jack johnson rules

    and coachella never has a shitty lineup
    so i wouldnt worry

    jack johnson 09
    you know what else is awesome? Gamecube and natty ice. You should totally come over sometime bro! It's gonna be awesome!
    "Beer summit '09"

    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Incase you can't find it, it's called Obamachusetts.
    State Tree: The Man-Eating Tree.
    State Bird: The Dragon.
    State Song: Bring Da Ruckus.
    Population: Awesome.
    Abortions: Yes.

  14. #14
    Member hendrixfan143's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    1,696

    Default Re: Guess what

    saw jj at outside lands. he was alreight, i really had no choice he was the only one playing. but i yawned like 7 times during the entire set and he was on at like 8

  15. #15
    Coachella Junkie Alchemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    9,113

    Default Re: Guess what

    I was at Jack Johnson's set at Coachella. I thought it was pretty great for a Jack Johnson set. I mean... I wasn't expecting it to be crazy or anything. I'll put on a JJ tune or two when I feel like being in island-Hawaiian-relaxed state, and that's sort of how his set was.

    But, of course, he was weird headliner in comparison to Prince and Roger Waters, and just about every other headliner that Coachella has had. I am not opposed to Jack Johnson though... but I wasn't very opposed to him headlining either, just because I think Prince and Roger Waters (with his giant production) were good enough to make up for Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

  16. #16
    Drknowph
    Guest

    Default Re: Guess what

    this thread actually turned out allright
    Nice
    Ive seen JJ three times in santa barbara
    and every time it was so good

  17. #17
    DJ SallyBear sbessiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    27,753

    Default Re: Guess what

    I wasnt kidding when I said he was good at Bonnaroo. He really was. It was so unbelievably chill, I almost didnt notice him there haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

  18. #18
    old school emtgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,513

    Default Re: Guess what

    jack johnson is a talented musician in the sense that he is able to take such incredibly simple melodies and lyrics and turn them into something that anyone, no matter the level of thc in their system, can appreciate the simple tunes brah!

    no seriously, his music is so simple its mind boggling that it is popular, however, it is...

    and all the dumb bro's and their hoes that enjoy it, well, the hoes sure do look good
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

    Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies


  19. #19
    Coachella Junkie Alchemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    9,113

    Default Re: Guess what

    Quote Originally Posted by emtgreg View Post
    jack johnson is a talented musician in the sense that he is able to take such incredibly simple melodies and lyrics and turn them into something that anyone, no matter the level of thc in their system, can appreciate the simple tunes brah!

    no seriously, his music is so simple its mind boggling that it is popular, however, it is...

    and all the dumb bro's and their hoes that enjoy it, well, the hoes sure do look good
    So your argument is that music needs to be complex in order to be appreciated?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

  20. #20
    old school pancakespancakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    5,694

    Default Re: Guess what

    Why is the thread even existing? I am sosososo confused.



    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    He was awesome at Bonnaroo.
    I was there.... I dunno, it certainly wasn't bad, and I happen to really like JJ, but it sure lacked quite a bit of spark to it. It was a good time killer before Pearl Jam.

  21. #21
    old school emtgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,513

    Default Re: Guess what

    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    So your argument is that music needs to be complex in order to be appreciated?

    not quite, i was more rambling than making an argument...

    in fact, I think my point was that his music IS appreciated, hell, i own several of his cds, and saw him for a few minutes on that friday night...

    I think my comments were more that 1. his music is simple and 2. people appreciate it

    there are alot of people who appreciate more than I do

    and there are alot of people who appreciate it less than I do
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

    Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies


  22. #22
    Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    24,306

    Default Re: Guess what

    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    I was at Jack Johnson's set at Coachella. I thought it was pretty great for a Jack Johnson set. I mean... I wasn't expecting it to be crazy or anything. I'll put on a JJ tune or two when I feel like being in island-Hawaiian-relaxed state, and that's sort of how his set was.

    But, of course, he was weird headliner in comparison to Prince and Roger Waters, and just about every other headliner that Coachella has had. I am not opposed to Jack Johnson though... but I wasn't very opposed to him headlining either, just because I think Prince and Roger Waters (with his giant production) were good enough to make up for Friday.
    His presence opposite Radiohead at APW was just as weird...
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Similar Threads

  1. guess what, Radiohead will be there for sure
    By Leckie in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 03-22-2008, 02:57 PM
  2. I guess there is still hope for some of you after all.....
    By Wheres the beef? in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-13-2008, 10:07 AM
  3. Guess who got turntables?
    By malcolmjamalawesome in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-03-2007, 04:26 PM
  4. GUESS WHOSE BACK???
    By depechemodekraftwerk in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 03:24 PM
  5. Guess The Album 2.0
    By JelloPuddingChat in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 10-30-2007, 10:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •