Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JANES ADDICTION IS A LOCK

Hybrid View

Default JANES ADDICTION IS A LOCK (I Think)

Can anybody disagree with the fact that Jane's Addiction with the original lineup is a lock to headline one of the nights this year? They are currently playing tiny clubs in LA warming up for a tour and Perry is always there. I personally can't wait to see Three Days and Ted Just Admit It played in front of 50,000 strong in the desert!! It's gonna be amazing!! I'm sure all of you Perry hters will jump all over this thread but you are all in denial if you think they won't be there and don't carry headliner status.

As for the other two nights, I'll put my money on Pearl Jam and Bowie.
    Last edited by crombrenner; 11-20-2008 at 01:37 PM.

Default Re: JANES ADDICTION IS A LOCK

Please dont make a thread with that title unless it has some sort of solid evidence behind it.

And honestly, they look like they might just be there, but i definitely wont be seeing them.

Nobody is a lock in November. They're a strong headlining candidate, though. You know Perry's gonna be there, just in what capacity?

I'd love to see Jane's, but assuming they'll be headlining a day of Lolla this year, I could go for somebody else at Coachella.

No Pearl Jam, please.

OH MAH GAWD GAIZ. JANES ADDICKSHUN IS SUCH A LAWQ. ROKKK ONNNNNNNN...

HEY, I LOOKED AT MY SHIT TODAY AND IT TOLD ME THAT IRON BUTTERFLY IS GOING TO PLAY FUR SHURRREEE... YEAHHH ROQQQQQQQQQQQQONNNNNNNN.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post

HEY, I LOOKED AT MY SHIT TODAY AND IT TOLD ME THAT IRON BUTTERFLY IS GOING TO PLAY FUR SHURRREEE... YEAHHH ROQQQQQQQQQQQQONNNNNNNN.
    Hahaha oh Lee... Your use of the letter Q is perfect.

i know you are jk around, but there is a few posts on the internet that says IB might play woodstock 09 .... the last time i saw them, it was them, Fever Tree, and the opening band no one knew ....Led Zepplin ... weird world ... cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

I just don't understand why they would play Coachella and not Lolla. I don't care if Perry is always there, Lolla is HIS festival. Or does that just make too much sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    I just don't understand why they would play Coachella and not Lolla. I don't care if Perry is always there, Lolla is HIS festival. Or does that just make too much sense?

Because Perry saved Coachella and is AllLove. Someone you should model yourself after, sbessiso. Start by buying the DVD titled Three Days. Have a few extra change of undies around for when you watch it.
    Lick an orange, it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple, it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it. Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries! We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along.

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGuy75 View Post
    Because Perry saved Coachella and is AllLove. Someone you should model yourself after, sbessiso. Start by buying the DVD titled Three Days. Have a few extra change of undies around for when you watch it.
    ShyGuy speaks the truth!!! I've seen that dvd before but surprisingly don't have it in my collection...

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGuy75 View Post
    Hmmm.....You sure know how to convince me to do something. I just may take that advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

I loled at "JANES ADDICKSHUN."

Yes, Lolla is his festival but he also helped put together Coachella. Plus, Shyguy is correct, if it wasn't for Jane's this festival would have been dead after the second version. For those of you who haven't seen Jane's live just put aside any prejudgement and see them. They will blow you away.

PS- Passive theory... You're a douche. Let me guess because this was my first post you have to respond like a retard? Even though I have never posted here before I have been watching this board since you first began annoying the shit out of people. Just go wack your bag in the Sahara tent like you always do and let us festival veterans have a broad mind and enjoy all that Coachella offers. ROCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK ONNNNNNNNN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crombrenner View Post
    PS- Passive theory... You're a douche. Let me guess because this was my first post you have to respond like a retard? Even though I have never posted here before I have been watching this board since you first began annoying the shit out of people. Just go wack your bag in the Sahara tent like you always do and let us festival veterans have a broad mind and enjoy all that Coachella offers. ROCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK ONNNNNNNNN!!!
    what the crap...

Quote Originally Posted by crombrenner View Post
    Yes, Lolla is his festival but he also helped put together Coachella. Plus, Shyguy is correct, if it wasn't for Jane's this festival would have been dead after the second version. For those of you who haven't seen Jane's live just put aside any prejudgement and see them. They will blow you away.

LOL!

I do think a lot of people assume that newbies to the board are new to coachella/music...
    Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    I had a dream that my wife cheated on me with Calmer. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Did you find pee in her butt?

i think janes will be there but i think it will be a suprise. thats all im gonna say about it. i agree that they wouldnt give that headlining spot to coachella if lolla is his festival
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

sahara anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Make up rumors of who's playing > keep track of who's confirmed > whine about where the lineup is > lineup announced! > bitch about how the lineup sucks > whine about what bands will be added > bands finally added! > whine about where set times are > set times finally announced! > bitch about how set times suck > goto show > come back and say Coachella was best ever! > start rumors for next year

I don't like Jane's Addiction at all .

Don't see it happening.

vinylmartyr

I seriously doubt they play. If they do play they wont be headlining.

WOW SPECULATION MUST MEAN A LOCK.

with that kind of reasoning, coachella would be wall to wall headliners
    "Choke on that Causality!"

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I don't give a shit if the Killers are playing; I'll watch something else-even if it's watching the poor churro man get trampled by stoners.

Drknowph

Janes addiction at coachella would be a really good one

Much love
    to perry ferrell
    and his music projects

ONE LOVE!

It's always the same circle of bullshit:

1. Idiotic, asinine spectulation
    2. Perfectly appropriate response
    3. "Hey man, I'm just posting what I know." or "I know because I'm an INSIDER."
    4. Collective sigh, continue arguing.

Except this time it's not even like the fuckface who posted this has anything to base his assumption (yes assumption, NOT confirmation or "lock" or whatever the fuck you thought you were trying to convey but absolutely failed to do) it's just "oh, hey, a bunch of coincidental information OBVIOUSLY means that I KNOW something no one else knows: THAT JANE'S ADDICTION IS PLAYING COACHELLA. OH MY GOD. THIS MAKES SO MUCH SENSE. IT'S LIKE 2 + 2 = 4! WHAT A REVELATION! THE WORLD MUST KNOW! THIS IS DIFFERENT. THIS ISN'T BASELESS SPECULATION. THIS IS THE TRUTH." and so on and so forth.
    Upcoming Shows:

Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

It's always the same circle of bullshit:

1. Idiotic, asinine spectulation
    2. Perfectly appropriate response
    3. "Hey man, I'm just posting what I know." or "I know because I'm an INSIDER."
    4. Collective sigh, continue arguing.

Except this time it's not even like the fuckface who posted this has anything to base his assumption (yes assumption, NOT confirmation or "lock" or whatever the fuck you thought you were trying to convey but absolutely failed to do) it's just "oh, hey, a bunch of coincidental information OBVIOUSLY means that I KNOW something no one else knows: THAT JANE'S ADDICTION IS PLAYING COACHELLA. OH MY GOD. THIS MAKES SO MUCH SENSE. IT'S LIKE 2 + 2 = 4! WHAT A REVELATION! THE WORLD MUST KNOW! THIS IS DIFFERENT. THIS ISN'T BASELESS SPECULATION. THIS IS THE TRUTH." and so on and so forth.

And this gets you all riled up because?
    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I swear to god. Harrison Ford better not be fucking dead.

Because it's misleading.
    Upcoming Shows:

Because it's misleading.

For sure. I totally agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I swear to god. Harrison Ford better not be fucking dead.

Because it's misleading.
    It doesn't take much to get Mr. Passive Theory all riled up. He's easily the grumpiest muthafucka on this board. I would imagine that Jane's is a lock. Saw 'em last night at El Cid and they melted faces. However, I've learned over the years that you can't be sure about anything lineup wise until the poster goes up.
    Fuck.

So it was Patton?

A few things Passive, first off this is the rumors, gossip, wishlist area right? Not the lineup/artists area? Second, when a sports handicapper gives out a pick that he really likes what does he call it? A LOCK!! So basically you are mad because of semantics? Because I didn't use the proper headline? Get a fucking life dude!! All I wanted to do is get some talk about Jane's on this site and you have to start pissing and moaning just like you always do. Why don't you go cry to Dani and have this topic removed then? I know why, because this is where this post belongs!! I don't know why you always get so fired up over the stupidest things. I gave my reasons why I think they will be there and they both are valid. Would you rather I said that I talked to somebody in the Jane's camp and they said they will be there? Would that make you feel better? Do the fake posters get you fired up too because they are misleading? Probably, because what else do have to do today right?

vinylmartyr

You seem to know a lot about this board for only having 3 posts.

Coachella Junkie

Yeah man. I guess it's likely they'll play. But the thread title is misleading and will get some people way too excited.

(that was the nicest way I could say it)

I don't see why you're incredulous as to the source of my hostility. You basically fucking challenged anyone to disagree with you with your FIRST FUCKING SENTENCE. Jesus fucking christ. The whole point of this is that if you're NOT going to post any actual fucking evidence supporting your baseless fucking claim, then why not just add your thoughts to the "Janes Addiction for Coachella 2009" subject and be done with it already?

No? Is that not special enough for you, you fucking retard? Apparently not, because YOU have to go and make a huge spectacle and make it seem like "HEY. MY THOUGHTS ARE IMPORTANT. MY THOUGHTS ARE RELEVANT. MY THOUGHTS ARE THE TRUTH." No, you're too goddamn important to post with basic fucking common sense like the majority of the people on here do. You're CLEARLY above the notion of clutter and fucking redundancy, RIGHT?

Goddamnit.
    Upcoming Shows: