Thread: How much of an effect do exclusive contracts with Live Nation have..?

Default How much of an effect do exclusive contracts with Live Nation have..?

Will this ruin Coachella unless we hope for a merger?...just because i noticed when Soulwax played in NY earlier this year it was listed as Live Nation presents....Im not even talking about a U2 style HUGE band...but even stuff like Soulwax? this is a very scary concept. Does anyone have any factual truth on what kind of impact this has on our beloved festival?

Default Re: How much of an effect do exclusive contracts with Live Nation have..?

dont worry...Soulwax can and have played Coachella before... I think there are only a handful of exclusive artists...like, U2/Jay Z and a few others...
    Upcoming Shows:
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields
    U2: 6/28 @ United Center

Default Re: How much of an effect do exclusive contracts with Live Nation have..?

u2
    Jay-zed
    Madonna

And most importantly:
    Nickelback

AEG has britney spears as an exclusive LOL
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

I'd see her.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Quote Originally Posted by Norwalkguy View Post
    Will this ruin Coachella unless we hope for a merger?...just because i noticed when Soulwax played in NY earlier this year it was listed as Live Nation presents....Im not even talking about a U2 style HUGE band...but even stuff like Soulwax? this is a very scary concept. Does anyone have any factual truth on what kind of impact this has on our beloved festival?
    nope, why dont you check and see how many bands on line ups have had tours with Live Nation and tell me that hindered anything.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

I was hoping by "Live Nation" he was referring to Live's rabid fan base.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

I used to work for Live Nation before it was Live Nation when it was Clear Channel but even before it was Clear Channel it was a privately owned small business called SFX but even BEFORE that it was a tiny little company from Texas called PACE. I worked for the Motor Sports division as a video editor. it was really cool until it got bought out by the corporate beasts. Then it all went downhill and I left. Anyways, I still have friends that work for that company and from what they tell me Live Nation is trying to buy out Goldenvoice. I doubt it will happen but when you have a company of such magnitude taking over the concert industry the way that Live Nation has within the past 5 years you have to be concerned.

Luckily, at least for music fans like us who rarely listen to FM Radio and watch MTV, there is a huge backlash against this company. Fans of bands like Nicklecrack and whatever else is forced down America's throat are too stupid to realize how corporations like this destroy the art of making and performing music.
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff