Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Outsidelands Festival Coming Back?

Default Re: Outsidelands Festival Coming Back?

Sunset Junction is also about the atmosphere, not just the bands. It is the most diverse crowd that I have ever seen. Even I don't feel that I stand out thee, compared to some of the other people there.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pancakespancakes View Post
    Alright well now I'm just really confused. Because Beck did NOT conflict with Radiohead. He clearly ended 10 minutes before they started. And as a result I saw all of both, which was perfect, (for me anyway).

Are you just talking about the bottleneck between the two stages? What does that have to do with scheduling? I understand the whole bit about everyone and their mother wanting to go from Beck to Radiohead and thus making things very crowded in between, but that has to do with the layout, which I agree was pretty flawed in that area...... (lucky for me I hopped the fence and went through the trees, never had to deal with it).

Or is there some other example of horrible scheduling at OSL that you or someone else would like to point out to me? Because my recollection has come up short.
    location and travel between stages has everything to do with scheduling. sure, technically beck and radiohead weren't conflicting, but they were scheduled such that it made it a real pain to see both. not quite impossible, but it was still a stupid decision. I gave up on beck because of it, and I know a lot of others that either didn't go to beck or missed the beginning of radiohead. why did they do that? why? that could easily have been avoided.

the other conflict that comes to mind was cake vs primus. I'd have to look at the schedule again for others. I don't remember as I didn't bother going the other days. maybe it's inheriting some of vegoose's legacy, being a superfly deal.

I bet it was fairly cold at OSL. I always seem to freeze whenever I visit San Francisco.

Quote Originally Posted by pancakespancakes View Post
    Okay this is seriously said at EVERY SINGLE FREAKING FESTIVAL, someday we need to all get over it! There will never be a festival where it doesn't happen to at least half of those in attendance, its just the way of the business, but the point is we're all supposed to make decisions and have great times anyway.

Tip for kingsblend: next festival lineup you see, whether it be Coachella or where ever else, subtract 1/4-1/3 of the bands you want to see from the lineup, then decide if it is still worth going to.

For the record, as amazing as the lineup was, I did not have one single ounce of conflict I can complain about the whole weekend; it was the best of the six major festivals I have yet been in attendance (unless of course you count the Black Mountain/MUNI Bus conflict...) So apparently we have different taste?
    *shrug* maybe. Im not going to get into it. If you liked it, go back next year. I won't and THAT is the nature of festivals. I'm sure someone who didn't go this year will take my spot and they can judge it for themselves.

But please dont lecture me on conflicts. When you have a grand total of like 9 bands playing in 5 hours and you conflict the two most popular acts that day. ..... well.....

Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I bet it was fairly cold at OSL. I always seem to freeze whenever I visit San Francisco.
    A little bit. But after the walk home I was sweating my ass off.

I thought that the fog and mist did create a nice ambient effect for Radiohead though.

I just prefer warmer weather, especially since I grew up in the San Fernando Valley, the hottest part of Los Angeles

The weather was the best part, I loved the fog and cold. I would probably go back next year, just depends on the money situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

I liked watching Beck in a scarf (webcast that is). He even made a comment about it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    I liked watching Beck in a scarf (webcast that is). He even made a comment about it!
    What...that he loved you watching his webcast while performng in a scarf...heheeee

Quote Originally Posted by Blinken View Post
    The weather was the best part, I loved the fog and cold.
    Yeah man that was my #1 favorite part of the whole thing, apart from the lineup I guess. It felt like we were all in the mountains or something, it was a totally unique vibe. Parkas, scarves, mittens abounded... Friday & Saturday particularly (was pretty sunny Sunday actually). Makes me wish I had gone to Pemberton really, if that's what they get, excpet more.

Hot ass weather is the one thing that keeps summer music festivals from being god's greatest gift to man. Which is why OSL wins.

I hope they do Outside Lands again... and that the line up is better.

Well, if they do bring back Vegoose instead, that'd be awesome too... I would rather OSL over Vegoose, but just sayin. Vegoose was a great time and is kinda sentimental to me and its death was an unexpected one.

Also looking on the bright side though, if they don't do OSL next year, I can finally go to Sunset Junction... it's practically a win-win in the festival department!

I do not think the past Vegoose lineups have been that great. This year's Sasquatch was a good lineup. I am waiting to see next years Leeds, V2, Glastonbury and Redding festivals.

The headliners are almost already announced, the search function on here is not pulling it up is there a thread for OSL 2009, TM is selling early bird tickets for all three days for 199.99

I can't get the fuck away from MIA

It's a long shot but I'm hoping they add Lou Reed.

Please add Lou Reed to the beasties day, that would make my OSL a lot better...