Page 175 of 175 FirstFirst ... 170171172173174175
Results 5,221 to 5,234 of 5234

Thread: New LCD Soundsystem album on the way!!!

Default Re: New LCD Soundsystem album on the way!!!

thank you!
    Papi Piratůn!

and here is where people who are maybe interested can go a get tickets for this insane thing dave & steph and i are doing. honestly, we've been complaining about sound systems for years--it's about time we made our own....

please come see(hear) us... we're putting so much into this system it's insane. hard to believe. difficult to justify... all of that...

who knows if we'll ever be able to do it again.
    A custom disco sound system commissioned by MIF and designed by James Murphy and team.

David, Stephen & James to DJ together in a unique venue, playing vinyl for four consecutive nights. A meeting of minds, music and perfect sound.

https://www.quaytickets.com/mif/Onli...1-C795BCC1ED98

10/14 Warpaint @ Webster
    10/15 Flying Lotus @ Terminal 5
    10/16 Flying Lotus @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
    10/18 Ben Frost @ Wick
    10/18 Ambivalent/Mike Dehnert @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Last thing I expected James to say...

Outside that collection, then, what pop records do you think are good at the moment?

Not to be a snob, but I literally just don't have a radio. I have no idea what's going on, I don't know what's on the chart and I don't know when things are new. I discover things at my own rate. Occasionally I'll just watch a load of Odd Future videos and just be amazed, but that's it. I don't know what's happening.
    Read more here: http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/enterta...y-james-murphy

10/14 Warpaint @ Webster
    10/18 Ben Frost @ Wick

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

12/19 & 12/20
    2manydjs & James Murphy present: Despacio at Hammersmith Town Hall at Hammersmith Town Hall

"We're the projectionists, that's the screen." The three artists explain the philosophy (and the soundsystem) behind their new party...

10/14 Warpaint @ Webster
    10/18 Ben Frost @ Wick

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    I'll wait until they release a box set with extra goodies Finally seeing this on Friday with full concert sound @ Brooklyn Bowl. Pat will be DJing afterwards. woohoo!
    Ok so maybe we'll finally get a box set

That's from LCD Soundsystem's farewell show?
    Itís just the full Madison Square Garden concert. I mixed it significantly differently than the film [Shut Up and Play the Hits], because the film is mixed for your eye and the record is mixed for your ears. The film is mixed digitally, because you have to watch it in a theater and make little adjustments all through for a four-hour film, whereas the record is just mixed analog to tape, the way I normally do. But it took forever, because Iím not really on a label anymore. We had to do artwork, and I was away, and I had to get clearances for everything. It was a real comedy of errors. I finished mixing it over a year ago, so Iíve been like [whistles].

How did it feel to look back on that night from a little bit of a remove?
    It was weird. It was like the concert happened, and then I spent the next year and a half fucking with it. I was like, ďIím done! Ah, shit. I gotta go deal with the fucking movie.Ē I had to do Shut Up and Play the Hits, and dealing with the live footage, and mixing all the sound for the live footage, and then I had to do the whole four-hour concert and edit all that footage and mix everything. It was great, but also, like, shitting hell. It really just refused to die. I guess somebody else would just have someone else deal with the movie, but Iím an idiot and wanted to mix all that audio. I thought it was going to come out in March, but now I donít think itís going to make it for this year. Itís probably going to be beginning of next year. Itís infuriating.
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...music-20131211

10/14 Warpaint @ Webster
    10/18 Ben Frost @ Wick

$$$$$$$$$$$$

Happy Friday! Go and dance yourself clean yeah...

James Murphy and Soulwax's ultimate party tracks

http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...e-party-tracks

10/14 Warpaint @ Webster
    10/18 Ben Frost @ Wick

10/14 Warpaint @ Webster
    10/18 Ben Frost @ Wick

He couldn't give me an exact answer as they're still mastering everything but I would expect it to come out by end of the year....nice little xmas present He said expect something big so I'm thinking...
    1) 4xlp box set with dvd/book
    2) 4xlp with dvd
    3) 2xcd with dvd

Tried to catch him dancing during House of Jealous Lovers (1:00) but it was little too dark in there......lovely show. Go see the Rapture. They're officially back! Now let's hope the Faint can start playing shows again......

Dammit! 5xlp I guess

As James Murphy has suggested, LCD Soundsystem will release the audio from their April 2, 2011 farewell show at Madison Square Garden in full. The Long Goodbye: LCD Soundsystem Live at Madison Square Garden will be out as a 5xLP vinyl box set April 19 for Record Store Day, with a digital/vinyl wide release on May 20 in the U.S. via Warner Bros and May 19 in the UK via Parlophone.

The Long Goodbye is nearly four hours long and was produced and mixed by Murphy himself. Arcade Fire joined LCD that night for guest vocals on "North American Scum". A documentary about the end of LCD Soundsystem, Shut Up and Play the Hits, featured footage from the concert, while the DVD/Blu-ray release of the documentary featured a film of the entire final concert.
    http://pitchfork.com/news/54145-lcd-...ed-as-box-set/

10/14 Warpaint @ Webster
    10/18 Ben Frost @ Wick

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

5LP? Is there any chance of this being under $100?
    October 16 - Run The Jewels
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    January 31 - Mayhem/Watain

I need more Rapture in my life
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

And while you're listening to the vinyl, why not enjoy a cup of joe -- custom designed by Mr. Murphy himself.
    He corroborated with a well known roaster based out of Bay Area, Blue Bottle, to design a custom blend of coffee. Details from Pithcfork:

House of Good is also the name of Murphy's forthcoming Brooklyn store. It's a "syrupy, well-balanced and thoroughly accessible" espresso that was concocted as a collaboration between Murphy and Blue Bottle founder James Freeman. Blue Bottle shares this description:

Its flavor profile – dried cherry, cocoa, meyer lemon – is a harmony between the voluptuous and the austere: It’s akin to the second movement of Carl Nielsen’s Symphony No. 3 – or, perhaps, to that buzzing, syncopated synth line from “Dance Yrself Clean.” Depends on which James you ask.

Yeah yeah yeah yeah....

When you listened to the final show, what did you think? Did LCD Soundsystem end on a high note?

No, we didn't. We didn't really get to play a sound check. I was rushed. I was angry. I had blown my voice out, because I had added four shows beforehand. So I was mad, and a little hobbled, and I think that was good — in a way, fighting against all that stuff was a better representation of our band than if everything had been absolutely perfect and we had a perfect show. I don't think we did, but I think we had the right show for that time.
    Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...#ixzz33fmb94vH

10/14 Warpaint @ Webster
    10/18 Ben Frost @ Wick

Last edited by shotglass75; 06-25-2014 at 12:04 PM.
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff