Page 172 of 175 FirstFirst ... 167168169170171172173174175 LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,160 of 5234

Thread: New LCD Soundsystem album on the way!!!

Default Re: New LCD Soundsystem album on the way!!!

can't thank everyone enough for the response. it's been really great. so many people demanded it on that "demand it" or whatever website that it was added to shitloads more theaters than we'd expected. see, we have no control on where the movie shows, as the theaters have to decide to book it in, and coming out during the week of batman's release, i figured we'd maybe get 30 theaters. but it's something like 150, which kind of blows my mind.

the one day thing was there for 2 good reasons--one, it's REALLY HARD to get theaters to commit to showing a movie like this outside of a few big cities. and that didn't seem too interesting. this way they only had to commit to one day, and if they wanted to keep showing it after that, then they could. it was the only way to get it to so many places (so there'd be fewer "why isn't it in MY town!!!" FB posts--because YOU can demand it better than ME) like the towns all of us in the band grew up in (i.e. decidedly NOT big cities).

the second reason was that it seemed like it would be better to see this in a theatre that was pretty full, and pretty full of other people who actually wanted to be there. it'd be more fun that way... this in an empty theatre might be just sad. and not sad in the "moving" way--just sad in the "pathetic" way.

so thanks to all of you who demanded it or went to see it. of course, there will eventually also be the entire concert eventually (which is something like 4 DVDs or something... i still can't get a clear answer...) so for the couple of commenters who wanted more music, there'll likely be too much in THAT version (so you can come comment when THAT'S out and say "meh... that concert was TOO LONG! who does james murphy think he is!? bruce springsteen?! jerk!!")

we're honored that you'd care enough to see it, and we're proud that oscilloscope put it out. adam yauch was a great person who worked insanely hard to do things in a way that he felt was right, honorable and hilarious, and through his vision, oscilloscope has become this weird, amazing place where you can do things like this. i knew adam for a long time and have been (and continue to be) inspired by him in a million ways: musically, ethically, personally, business-wise, and in the paint (though he was more of a point guard, really).

thanks!
    james
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

There you go.......

LCD Soundsystem - Shut Up And Play The Hits 3 x DVD PRE ORDER

http://shop.dfarecords.com/product/l...-dvd-pre-order
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

Per DFAs Facebook, a Blu-ray will also be available for preorder in due course.

Edit: Blu-ray preorder.
    Last edited by Miroir Noir; 07-23-2012 at 05:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Don't care even slightly about the documentary, but buying for the concert footage.

I'll wait until they release a box set with extra goodies Finally seeing this on Friday with full concert sound @ Brooklyn Bowl. Pat will be DJing afterwards. woohoo!
    Last edited by Spooks; 07-24-2012 at 05:25 AM.

9/18 Kode 9/Mala/DJ Spinn @ Verboten
    9/19 The Replacements @ Forest Hills Stadium
    9/19 Andy Stott/Function/Vatican Shadow/Demdike Stare @ Output
    9/20 There Will Be Blood Live @ United Palace

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Anyone know where I can find an mp3 of his boiler room set back in April?
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

So who is gonna pre order the itunes version in hd? Its available today and you will get it next week the 21st.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    I'll wait until they release a box set with extra goodies Finally seeing this on Friday with full concert sound @ Brooklyn Bowl. Pat will be DJing afterwards. woohoo!
    Yep definitely getting exclusive photobook compiled by James
    By the time Christmas comes around, they'll release 6xlp box set of the whole show!

pre-order the DVD/Blu-Ray plus bundles that include a book, prints, t-shirts and posters here: http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/lcdsoundsystem

On April 2nd, 2011, LCD Soundsystem played its final show at Madison Square Garden. The instantly sold out, near four-hour extravaganza moved the thousands in attendance to tears of joy and grief, with New York Magazine calling the event “a marvel of pure craft”. Shut Up and Play the Hits is a once-in-a-lifetime performance and an intimate portrait of James Murphy. Upon its cinema release the film had people dancing in the aisles and weeping as they left the theater one last time.

From October the 8th you can own the documentary and the entire 4 hour concert film (sound mixed by James Murphy) on DVD and Blu-ray. The concert film is exclusive to the DVD and Blu-ray release – you cannot buy it separately. As well as the documentary and full concert the DVD and Blu-ray also comes filled with extras.

You can pre-order the DVD/Blu-ray now on Pledge. You can also pledge to own a beautiful coffee table photo book containing 100’s of shots spanning the life of the LCD Soundsystem taken by band photographer Ruvan. Plus stills, limited signed posters, prints, t-shirts and bundles exclusive to Pledge. As a reward for pledging, every pledger will receive a download of 6 exclusive, high quality photographic stills, taken by the band’s photographer, Ruvan.

DVDs and Blu-rays are region-specific; we have both US and UK products and will supply the right DVD or Blu-ray for your territory, so both PAL & NTSC DVDs and Region A & Region B Blu-rays.
    Last edited by Spooks; 08-21-2012 at 09:06 AM.

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    So who is gonna pre order the itunes version in hd? Its available today and you will get it next week the 21st.
    Did anyone DL it from iTunes that can upload it?
    That $4.99 rental fee is absolutely ridiculous!

I might cave and just pay the $20. Or does somebody have a gift card? Get it for free!

I'm not ordering anything else from DFA until they send me my goddamn cat disco head shirt. And I ordered that thing almost 2 months ago. AND they won't email me back.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I'm not ordering anything else from DFA until they send me my goddamn cat disco head shirt. And I ordered that thing almost 2 months ago. AND they won't email me back.
    Keep emailing them. Or tweet at them until they cave.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    write them on fbook... thats the easiest way to get a hold of the intern that runs the whole store/shipping. They implemented a new shipping system over the last month and a lot of orders got screwed up. Chances are theyll send you some free goodies too, if you complain in just the right way.

http://www.facebook.com/dfarecords?ref=ts

Twas rly good. The interviewer wasn't as annoying as you guys made him out to be.
    Really can't wait wait to watch the full concert

James is directing a short film for a project that he is doing with Canon.

Beard is officially out of control.

Did James Murphy just suggest I "invest my personality" in buying Canon camera gear? Since when has "personality" become a euphemism for "money"?

If you enter post your pic in here. I want to do this.
    "ain't no thang but a chicken wang"

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    I don't know why you guys started posting pics like this and why some people post them as attachments.
    "ain't no thang but a chicken wang"

I saw Shut Up and Play the Hits here in the theater here about a month ago. I thought it was good, not great. It seemed like the parts of the film where they followed James Murphy around NY and the interview was just acted out. James Murphy could have been expressing real emotion but it just didn't seem real to me. But hey, I don't know James Murphy personally so who knows. The concert and backstage footage was awesome though.
    Fresh off his "JUICY AUSTRALIA TOUR"

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    James is directing a short film for a project that he is doing with Canon.

I think this was shot maybe two blocks from my apartment.
    Last edited by stuporfly; 08-31-2012 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Ambiguity.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

Concert Schedule
    Dips All Day Everyday.
    http://instagram.com/moviebruin

lol

"people have been saying they'll be getting back together soon in say 5 years at coachella or whatever... but its just not happening. the show is too physical, we just wont be able to do it"

well. They did comment on the group of people getting back together to make music together but not necessarily playing lcd songs.

I'm more excited for James working on new Yeah Yeah Yeahs record than Arcade Fire

I like how one of the related videos is the top 21 oregon duck touchdowns in 2011... ??? Is James a duck fan?
    Last edited by mmsk123; 09-04-2012 at 07:57 PM.

I saw SUAPTH tonight, as part of a big UK/Ireland simulcast affair. There was a horrendously shambolic red carpet thing from the Hackney screening that made me wheeze laughing and then the the Q&A was after the credits. You could see people leaning forward a little when the AF question came up, but nobody really expected him to answer it. Nothing earthshattering, but he's always an engaging chap to listen to.

It was a pretty nicely big deal too, the screening - it was being shown simultaneously on all screens of the cinema, and we could hear reactions from the others. When James mentioned being disappointed about not being able to play Dublin during the stupid ass stupid freaking stupid volcano, there was a huge response, which was fun. Lots of cheering, laughing, clapping, throughout, it was all very cool and eventy and I enjoyed both it and the free beer on offer immensely. And then it made me very sad.

After all that though, oddly, the main thing it left me with - aside from that pretty heartbreaking clip of James surveying his gear before parting ways with it - was a desire to go watch the MSG show in full again. The movie, I feel kind of done with, it was a cool experience, but I'm not sure I need to see it again. The concert's gonna keep on giving. Feels like it should be the other way around, but there you are.

I did mentally wave hello to the boardies I spotted/imagined I spotted onscreen, btw.

My Blu-ray preorder arrived today. Excited to watch the whole concert. DFA threw in a new label sampler, which I'll upload and group later tonight.