Page 171 of 175 FirstFirst ... 166167168169170171172173174175 LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,130 of 5234

Thread: New LCD Soundsystem album on the way!!!

Default Re: New LCD Soundsystem album on the way!!!

Wow wow wow. So much fucking fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater
    Tycho - 9/20 - Emo's
    Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

That was an enjoyable movie. His silent times of craziness really makes me want to mail him a perscription pad.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

A nice tribute to the band he inadvertently created and his home in NYC. There were people dancing, cheering and tearing up here at the Cinerama.

I really enjoyed the movie. More thoughts at another time.

I'm just glad the debate was settled as to whether James wears boxers or briefs.

Pemberton (7/18-20) ~ FYF (8/22-23)

Great film! Only like 15 people in the theater here in Mountain View right next to San Jose and no one was dancing. Must of been a different scene in NY and LA.

Great fuckin' film.

i'm so bummed that i missed this..had tickets for the arclight but am overseas...anyone know if this will come out on dvd or anywhere to watch it online somehow?
    Quote Originally Posted by mncarpooler View Post
    Anything that's not Sahara tent trash is going to have a small crowd it seems like. I wandered over near the Sahara once all weekend and it was a clusterfuck of the douchiest looking people you could ever imagine.

It was worth seeing for the overhead match cut of him walking on the sidewalk to him rocking out at the front of the stage.

A strange drawback to the film I didn't expect is that much of the documentary side of it is made up of an interview (from Pitchfork if I remember, cant find it at the moment) that was released well over a year ago. Its much of my own doing and perhaps your own for being intwined in the events of the film before they were presented to you in Shut Up and Play The Hits but the greats things that are said by James just don't hit the same way when you've heard/read them before. There were only a few times when the interview would be strengthened by the footage from the MSG concert (Losing My Edge ) or the new footage of his suddenly "normal" life was the shown to illustrate what he foresaw coming by finishing the band

The concert footage was great and had a diverse coverage of the band, crowd, backstage. The shadowed couple slowly becoming more intwined as the song continued on was a great great moment.

It really was a great flick and seeing it with the arclight's sound system rocking all the way through made me feel like I was at the show and with Murphy as he was flung into his retired world; all I can imagine they wanted to achieve with this film.

Giant annoyance: the crying kid being shown multiple times and especially as the final shot of the movie. I personally did not find him funny or sad but the audience sure laughed whenever he came up and it just threw me out of it. What were they trying to accomplish with that? When we first see him (with Gribbz behind) its with many other quick cuts to show the range of emotions happening at the show but later it just felt like they were trying to make a show of great emotion and importance. The only solace I took is that James probably had a good laugh in the same way he burst up when his manager said "New York it always changing just like we are." Thankful I could enjoy "Say Hello, Wave Goodbye" by Soft Cell in the credits to avoid that fleeting final impression.

I had a lot of fun at ArcLight last night, but I could not believe how little people were moving during the songs! My fiance and I were rocking out in our seats, and I looked around the crowd a bit to notice we were almost the only ones doing so. The concert footage sounded incredible and were also shot very well, so if what they used in the doc is the same that they use for a full DVD release of the Final MSG Show it will be well worth the wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

Any dance parties at Arclight ike with Chemical Brothers?

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    It was worth seeing for the overhead match cut of him walking on the sidewalk to him rocking out at the front of the stage.
    I loved that shot, too, as well as the one where they panned the crowd from the front of the stage and ended looking up at James with the disco ball also in the frame. There's your DVD cover.

The interviewer was fucking obnoxious, especially that one time he kept interrupting James. Interview's not about you, asshole.

Overall, though, had a lot of fun. Didn't see anybody in our theater standing up to dance but within my view, there were a number of people rocking in their seats (us included). Would've probably enjoyed it even more if I wasn't suppressing the urge to piss for basically the entire fucking movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

I loved it; sound in the theater was nice and loud. Cried a bit during the part where James is in the storage area and starts sobbing. Kind of made me depressed all over again about how that band is no more.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    The interviewer was fucking obnoxious, especially that one time he kept interrupting James. Interview's not about you, asshole
    Haha, oh man, he was a pretentious ass wasn't he? My fiance rolled her eyes and audibly groaned each time they segued into his stupid fucking questions. "I have this theory that people are remembered for their achievements but are defined by a singular mistake...". Nobody really gives a shit what you think, bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

Quote Originally Posted by nosurprises12 View Post
    Haha, oh man, he was a pretentious ass wasn't he? My fiance rolled her eyes and audibly groaned each time they segued into his stupid fucking questions. "I have this theory that people are remembered for their achievements but are defined by a singular mistake...". Nobody really gives a shit what you think, bro.
    Especially since he wouldn't let it go. How many times did he reiterate the question? Too damn many.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

Interviewer, the worst. everything else about the movie was awesome. Especially when Zach got told to stop trying to cause a riot in our theater.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    9/18 Fatboy Slim@Shrine - 9/19 Poolside@Skyway Pomona - 9/22 Interpol@Fox Pomona - 9/23 La Roux@Fonda - 9/25 Simian Mobile Disco@El Rey - 9/26 Die Antwoord@Observatory - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House - 10/12,19,26 IAMX@Complex - 10/24 Placebo@Club Nokia - 10/25 Superhumanoids@Palladium - 10/27 Tycho@Glass House - 10/31 Yelle@Fonda

I'm assuming you people weren't familiar with Chuck Klosterman prior to this movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Eat a dick on that or did I make too much sense for your mind to take

I liked the interview.
    It was the stuff with the older guy (manager?) that I felt could have used a serious trim. I didn't really know who he was or what he did and I don't think it was ever explained. My only other small complaint was overuse of the crying guy. Cut to him once, twice maybe. Four times is too much.

Overall I enjoyed this much more than the Chemical Brothers movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Farnsworth View Post
    I'm assuming you people weren't familiar with Chuck Klosterman prior to this movie.
    Correct. at least for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    9/18 Fatboy Slim@Shrine - 9/19 Poolside@Skyway Pomona - 9/22 Interpol@Fox Pomona - 9/23 La Roux@Fonda - 9/25 Simian Mobile Disco@El Rey - 9/26 Die Antwoord@Observatory - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House - 10/12,19,26 IAMX@Complex - 10/24 Placebo@Club Nokia - 10/25 Superhumanoids@Palladium - 10/27 Tycho@Glass House - 10/31 Yelle@Fonda

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

I miiiiiiight have teared up a tiny little bit at various points. Maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

I loved the shot during NY,ILY when he was in the taxi cab and it was focused on the skyline and then he turns and it focuses on his face. Killed me.

I felt bad for the crying kid. He felt like a running joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    PLURcenta

I was the only one dancing in Long Beach until finally a few started in the very front. I know I'll get shit for this, but it felt a little self indulgent. I love James Murphy, but maybe not as much as he loves himself.

My friend and I had tickets to the screening in Westwood last night. We were running late and got to the theatre right as the movie was starting. There was a line going all the way down the block that I initially thought was the line to get into the theatre, but we soon saw that the line led to a candy shop a few buildings up. There was clearly some sort of celebrity meet and greet going on and all of the parking lots on the block were full. We ended driving around for 20 minutes and finally found a spot about four blocks away. My friend gets out of the car and starts running, so I start running after her. People are shooting me some seriously weird looks as I probably appeared to be chasing my frantic friend down the sidewalk and I'm sure everyone was surprised to see us go into the movie theatre rather than get in the massive candy store line. Ended up missing the first 15 minutes or so of the movie - walked in to James Shaving his beard so hopefully I didn't miss too much. Today I googled the event at the candy store and apparently Snooki from Jersey Shore was there promoting her new cherry soda. Most of the people who witnessed my four block sprint to the theatre probably assumed I was either a rapist or a huge Jersey Shore fan (I prefer the former.)

Overall the movie was good. I enjoyed all of the live footage but found most of the backstage stuff and interviews (with a few exceptions) to be kind of disappointing. Murphy just never seems comfortable in those types of situations and this particular director(s) seemed to make it worse. Couldn't help but feel a twinge of remorse for not flying to New York to see the show in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Farnsworth View Post
    The writer of books, not the idiot in that movie.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

I want to know if the whole interview will be put into a bonus disc on the dvd/blu ray release. I wonder what stuff wasnt apparently ''interesting enough'' to put in there. That interview had to be an hour at least.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    I was the only one dancing in Long Beach until finally a few started in the very front. I know I'll get shit for this, but it felt a little self indulgent. I love James Murphy, but maybe not as much as he loves himself.
    Fuck fuck fuck. Didn't realize it was playing in Long Beach until this post. Just looked it up and it's playing again there tomorrow but of course I'm going out of town for the night tomorrow. Fuck so upset right now. Hopefully they add more dates or at the very least make it a available on dvd some point in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    My friend and I had tickets to the screening in Westwood last night. We were running late and got to the theatre right as the movie was starting. There was a line going all the way down the block that I initially thought was the line to get into the theatre, but we soon saw that the line led to a candy shop a few buildings up. There was clearly some sort of celebrity meet and greet going on and all of the parking lots on the block were full. We ended driving around for 20 minutes and finally found a spot about four blocks away. My friend gets out of the car and starts running, so I start running after her. People are shooting me some seriously weird looks as I probably appeared to be chasing my frantic friend down the sidewalk and I'm sure everyone was surprised to see us go into the movie theatre rather than get in the massive candy store line. Ended up missing the first 15 minutes or so of the movie - walked in to James Shaving his beard so hopefully I didn't miss too much. Today I googled the event at the candy store and apparently Snooki from Jersey Shore was there promoting her new cherry soda. Most of the people who witnessed my four block sprint to the theatre probably assumed I was either a rapist or a huge Jersey Shore fan (I prefer the former.)

Overall the movie was good. I enjoyed all of the live footage but found most of the backstage stuff and interviews (with a few exceptions) to be kind of disappointing. Murphy just never seems comfortable in those types of situations and this particular director(s) seemed to make it worse. Couldn't help but feel a twinge of remorse for not flying to New York to see the show in person.
    cool story bro!
    Quote Originally Posted by mncarpooler View Post
    Anything that's not Sahara tent trash is going to have a small crowd it seems like. I wandered over near the Sahara once all weekend and it was a clusterfuck of the douchiest looking people you could ever imagine.

First off, I loved the movie. I felt like I really got to know James Murphy and we got a very candid and open look into his mind.

Second... does anyone remember what that quote at the begining of the movie was verbatim? Something like "If its going to be a funeral, lets make it the best damn funeral ever." I am writing a review of the film for a magazine, so I want to know the exact quote. Googles was no help to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Sounds about right! Look up the trailer, I seem to remember seeing it there.

It's from when they originally announced the final show.
    http://lcdsoundsystem.com/main/archives/627