Page 5 of 175 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: New LCD Soundsystem album on the way!!!

Default Re: New LCD Soundsystem album on the way!!!

i really think LCD are incredibly mediocre live (saw them three times in different settings)... it always tainted my perception of them...

i've really warmed up to them on album though.

You have an incredibly wrong perception of them live!

That actually really surprises me, though. I've seen them 5 times in wildly different settings (Festival, opener, headlining in different venues) and they were always killer. Especially when they played before Arcade Fire at the Hollywood Bowl and completely blew them away.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    i really think LCD are incredibly mediocre live (saw them three times in different settings)... it always tainted my perception of them...

I've only seen them once, and it was at a festival a couple of years ago. They were ok, nothing incredible like everyone on here seems to say. However, I blame the setting/crowd for my lackluster experience with them. I'd definitely give them another shot at their own headlining show at an indoor venue.

Young blood

They were awesome before Arcade Fire at red rocks. I think me and a handful of gays were the only ones getting our groove on though. Most of the crowd had no idea who they were, which was surprising.

At least an album without vocals will prevent garbage tracks like New York I Love You
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

I heard they slayed Hollywood Bowl. Similar experience. Stood around the Sahara for 2 songs then left (did not feel like I was missing anything). Later heard the self titled and Sound of Silver, which had me doubting myself. I would have to see them again to say for sure that they are just so so in concert. James Murphy has DJ skills. This is a fact.
    Last edited by fatbastard; 09-02-2009 at 07:37 PM.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post

That actually really surprises me, though. I've seen them 5 times in wildly different settings (Festival, opener, headlining in different venues) and they were always killer. Especially when they played before Arcade Fire at the Hollywood Bowl and completely blew them away.
    It all sounded so flat live... i saw them at coachella, roskilde, and headlining at a small venue. I dunno... I'd give them another chance, but it turned me off of them for a long time.

They seriously killed it at the Bowl. Arcade Fire could not touch how great LCD was. And I LOVE AF

Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    I've only seen them once, and it was at a festival a couple of years ago. They were ok, nothing incredible like everyone on here seems to say.
    i feel that way about their albums. i don't get why most people here praise them that much. i do think they are pretty good live though.

Quote Originally Posted by dorkfish View Post
    At least an album without vocals will prevent garbage tracks like New York I Love You
    1. ...it's not going to be an instrumental album

2. Shame on you. I love that song. And it was a perfect closer to their set in '07.

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by orbit View Post
    i feel that way about their albums. i don't get why most people here praise them that much. i do think they are pretty good live though.
    I really do enjoy the studio albums, both of them. Some tracks I could really do without, but for the most part I find them very fun to listen to. I need to see them live again just to make sure that festival gig was a fluke.

Wheels Of Cheese

That AF/LCD Bowl show was actually extremely chaotic where I was. Bottles being smashed on the Garden Box/pit barrier, people running and dancing on the concrete barrier, etc. I remember the AF set more distinctly but I remember loving them both.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Yea I think a lot of men think they are bad ass, but a 12 year old with a AK can take me out I know ...... cr****

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Brad, I love you. But you're bringing me down.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

It always takes me awhile to settle up close to an LCD release, but once I do, I love them pretty unconditionally.

i just recently started listening to their stuff. im looking forward to catching them live.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Yeah, after reading that part again I think it will change. Considering his past output I would see no reason why there wouldn't be vocals, and vocals usually get recorded last when you are tracking songs, so that makes sense. We may be getting a little ahead of ourselves.
    Definitely. I believe I once read that Murphy writes all the music before sitting down and figuring out lyrics/vocals, so I think this is par for the course.

My experience is consistent with Bryan's. They fucking killed it at ACL a couple years ago. No one, not even the people paid to be there, could keep from dancing.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Saw them open for AF in Minny...they were amazing!!

YEP

liked them better than AF when they opened for them here in C Bus - I've seen them 3 times and they always rip it to shreds.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

A couple next to me at LCD in '07 flipped the band off and the woman laughed while asking me, "Why do you people like this shitty music?". Her boyfriend or whatever then looked at her and said, "Come on baby let's go to Tiesto."

After that I doubly enjoyed LCD's set on principle. I thought it was consistently fun and "Yeah" was absolutely ridiculous when they played it.
    Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    with all the pain in the world and Urban Outfitters sadding the navajo yall should not use the word "scalpers" please increase the peace.

LCD albums are incredible, but they pale in comparison to the live experience. I'd put their Sahara tent performance in '07 in my top 5 - all time.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    LCD albums are incredible, but they pale in comparison to the live experience. I'd put their Sahara tent performance in '07 in my top 5 - all time.
    seriously? i walked away feeling really underwhelmed... i'm starting to doubt my memory now. generally i would pawn it off to coming down or being tired... but i had the exact same response at Roskilde.

Quote Originally Posted by SDsoldier7 View Post
    i just recently started listening to their stuff. im looking forward to catching them live.
    People are just now finding out about LCD?

I don't know how I would have survived the last few years without them ;/
    New York Ice Cream TV Travel Good Times

Quote Originally Posted by C DUB YA View Post
    YEP

liked them better than AF when they opened for them here in C Bus - I've seen them 3 times and they always rip it to shreds.
    That Columbus show has been my one and only LCD experience, and they were indeed fucking fantastic. Agreed, they were on par, if not better, than AF that night. Been jonesing for more ever since, hopefully Sahara '10!

It dawned on me today that I am probably more excited for a new LCD album than I would be for a new Radiohead album. which, you know, for me, is saying a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Indeed. A new LCD album in 2010 has me incredibly optimistic about next year.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It dawned on me today that I am probably more excited for a new LCD album than I would be for a new Radiohead album. which, you know, for me, is saying a lot.
    This is true for me too. Except I'm never excited about a Radiohead album, so I guess it's marginally true.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Their music is really great and on Sound of Silver they really nailed it. From Berlin minimal to old school Chicago house. It covered all the bases of EDM. 2 great albums and that score they did for the Nike run all stellar.

Excellent live show.

I love James Murphy unconditionally and can't wait for this album There is a great article with some cool shots in the digital edition of URB this month...peep it, I'm too lazy to find it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    I had a dream that my wife cheated on me with Calmer. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Did you find pee in her butt?

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    This is true for me too.

But the feeling is dwarfed slightly when I imagine the feeling of Arcades's pre-album 3