Thread: R.I.P. Kanye West

Default Re: R.I.P. Kanye West

Kanye West dead

ftw
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

His first album is solid, but then he opened his mouth and started talking shit, and as a result I haven't checked out anything he has done since.

I did, however, hear a track off his new album, it was terrible. More terrible than he usually is; he was SINGING! Uggh. I hear the whole new album is him singing (not rapping) very badly.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    I'm still waiting for Jack White to finally admit that he invented the guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by SFChrissy View Post
    what an arse...I don't think his music is all that great it's amazing at how many people think otherwise...
    Have you sat down and listened to an album start to finish? College Dropout and Late Registration are solid. Graduation is meh. 808s & Heartbreaks looks promising. His production is stellar, and when he puts on a show (his own & not a festival) it's completely on point.

Yes, he's an ass who thinks too highly of himself, but he's real. Ego trips and all, he says what he thinks. You don't have to agree, but you guys should at least respect that he has the balls to be himself. It's his self confidence and being his own hype man that got him where he is today.

I think I'll go listen to his albums now... thanks guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    the only cocks I suck belong to black women.
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    We use the term "Off-roading" when we wanna go down on a guy with a freakish bush. "Randy, should I throw some Nair to my patch?" "Nah, brah, I wanna go off-roading"

ally youre being racist
    Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    I had a dream that my wife cheated on me with Calmer. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Did you find pee in her butt?

I'm always being racist
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    the only cocks I suck belong to black women.
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    We use the term "Off-roading" when we wanna go down on a guy with a freakish bush. "Randy, should I throw some Nair to my patch?" "Nah, brah, I wanna go off-roading"

Kanye West consistently produces hit records that don't suck. He has every right to think he is the bee's knees.

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    He makes great fucking music but...

I will never forgive him for what he did to us at Bonnaroo this year.
    What he did was try to put on a show despite Bonnaroo's people not being able to fully capture it.

Quote Originally Posted by allyjoy View Post
    Have you sat down and listened to an album start to finish? College Dropout and Late Registration are solid. Graduation is meh. 808s & Heartbreaks looks promising. His production is stellar, and when he puts on a show (his own & not a festival) it's completely on point.

Yes, he's an ass who thinks too highly of himself, but he's real. Ego trips and all, he says what he thinks. You don't have to agree, but you guys should at least respect that he has the balls to be himself. It's his self confidence and being his own hype man that got him where he is today.

Quote Originally Posted by bballarl View Post
    Kanye West consistently produces hit records that don't suck. He has every right to think he is the bee's knees.
    I agree with these two statements

Kanye is great, and I love how egocentric he is. He's self aware, to a fault, but it's a good thing compared to so many people who are self deprecating and boring. At least Kanye isn't some depressed emo kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Bryan, no, I dont fucking care. Moving the show to 2:30am is one thing, it kinda made it a little cooler, more adventurous, more mysterious. But not starting until almost 5 in the morning is a travesty. And then half assing the whole show and not even acknowledging us in the least bit? C'mon now

(Remember, I AM a kanye fan)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Well, shit. I guess if we all tolerated Randy, tolerating Kayne can't be much different, can it?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

thestripe

Calmer, don't you ever scare me like that again!

As for the haters, WHO THE FUCK GIVES A SHIT ABOUT WHAT HE THINKS ABOUT HIMSELF???!!! He's his number one fan. If you like his music, listen to it. If you don't like it, don't listen and shut the fuck up about it...geez
    I agree with this. The last time I checked he was a hip hop artist. This is what they do. They shamelessly promote themselves regularly. They all do it, Kanye just does it better than most.

I just think he never should've picked up the vocoder. Sure the production is swell but I was a fan of Kanye the rapper before anything else and he really just doesn't rap anymore

Barry Bonds is the last time he sounded like an emcee imo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

Quote Originally Posted by bballarl View Post
    In a nutshell. End thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SFChrissy View Post
    I don't think his music is all that great it's amazing at how many people think otherwise...
    Do you even like rap music? Aren't you like the #1 fan of the Foo Fighters? Now there's something I find people liking to be amazing.
    Last edited by real talk; 11-14-2008 at 10:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    You were right. I was wrong.

He's the most recognizable black artist in the world right now, a ten-time Grammy winner, and even I'm consigned to spinning remixes of songs with him rapping in them at parties (I really really love Estelle). On the otherhand, he's an absolute dick, picking up the autotune has made his voice absolutely annoying, and regardless of how "real" he presents himself, I still have the right to hate his goddamn persona.

That being said, he's earned every bit of fame he's received, even if he's spent the majority of his time crying like a little bitch about not being given everything in the press. I still hate him, though.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Ally loves telling people what to do.
    QF fucking T
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

Barbara, the ninja

I hate him because of his terrible lack of sportsmanship when he lost to Justice in the European MTV video awards thing.

Kanye makes good music but says a lot of dumb shit. Water is wet.

Kanye is an ass. But he's a very talented ass. For someone who's so self conscious about his own image it's pretty mind boggling that he continues to say shit like this. If he's the spokesperson for our generation why are 99% of his songs about how awesome Kanye West is? I'd like to think that our generation has more to say than that. All in all, Kanye's very good at what he does. He's got an incredible work ethic and he's one of the best producers in hip-hop. But for me, each album he puts out grows more tiresome a lot quicker than the previous. Maybe he needs to put his rapping career on hold go back to producing. Best to just keep your mouth shut if that's the kind of shit that's gonna come flying out.

Again:

How many people are capable of churning out hit record after hit record after hit record while making things that are different, exciting, new, etc?

Not many.

exciting and new music that samples Daft Punk

i will never feel sorry for someone that dies from plastic surgery (except, of course, in the case of some rare Guinness World Record freak).

Yeah, one hit song that samples Daft Punk. You are uncreative Kanye. Don't capitalize on the fact that people are all up on Daft Punk's nuts.

Oh wait, do so, and have another hit song.

Kanye won't go away. He knows what he's doing with saying this stupid shit. He is working the media and the idiotic public that hangs on his every word. He's got an album coming out so what does he do, he says some stupid shit or he goes and gets arrested or he plays the poor ol me card. AND THE IDIOTS OF THE WORLD BUY INTO IT!!! If he just put out a record and didn't say all of this stupid shit no one would be talking about it because in the grand scheme of everything, all he is doing is putting out the same tired BS music that he has been putting out for years now. It's hip hop, you can't really take it in that new of a direction so you have to do or say shit to keep the public interested.
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

...he's just really not that great

I don't know how people's standards got so low

Coachella Junkie

I don't listen to Kanye, am not a big fan of him... but I will not doubt his talent. The man is good at what he does.

However, I feel that acting this egotistical is not ok. I've read some previous posts that say "oh well its rap everyone does it" - just because everyone is doing doesn't make it ok. In fact, it'd be more noticeable if you were the one that didn't act like this.

What makes someone a REAL artist, in my opinion, can also be defined by they say and how they act as a person. If Kanye could contain this serious ego problem (as well as his temper), people would show much more respect towards him. I don't think that just because he's good at what he does he has a right to act this way. Artists are people, too.

He'll never be a legend if he keeps up this way. People will remember him for these kind of statements almost as much as they do for his music.

Quote Originally Posted by CalmerThanYou View Post
    "I realize that my place and position in history is that I will go down as the voice of this generation, of this decade, I will be the loudest voice," he said in an interview on Wednesday. "It's me settling into that position of just really accepting that it's one thing to say you want to do it and it's another thing to really end up being like Michael Jordan."
    Wait, does this mean Michael Jordan was the voice of MY generation? Cause that guy could barely put a sentence together.

I've still never knowingly heard a Kanye song.

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    I've still never knowingly heard a Kanye song.
    That is impressive and pathetic at the same time
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

I heard people would do anything for a Klondike/
    Well, I'd do anything for a blonde dyke

Quote Originally Posted by zenidogx View Post
    I heard people would do anything for a Klondike/
    Well, I'd do anything for a blonde dyke
    this is a silly statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

"I created a new genre of music. iTunes didn't choose to use it...the genre for this sound is called 'Pop Art.' And that's what I wanted to say for iTunes. 'Pop Art.' And the only other thing I think can go on there, currently, is...Pink Floyd."-Kanye West
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman
    Lingo, shut the fuck up. You look like a goddamn cancer patient and your analogy is idiotic. Also, The Black Keys are unlistenable garbage, you unbelievable fucking dork.

1/18 Volcano Choir - The Fonda
    1/22 Vampire Weekend - USC
    2/14 Spiritualized - Ace Hotel
    3/8 Mark Kozelek - First Unitarian Church
    3/18 Kraftwerk - Walt Disney Concert Hall
    3/19 Kraftwerk - Walt Disney Concert Hall

www.facebook.com/mlingo

http://www.last.fm/group/Coachella+Forum

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

I'm not gonna lie, his new video is awesome. I am very inspired by the dancers, especially the ladies in neon paint. They belong in the Sahara.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggyduck View Post
    More laser beams is ALWAYS prefered to less laser beams. ALWAYS.