Page 3 of 199 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: LOST!

Default Re: LOST!

WARNING!!SPOILER BELOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Tylerdurden31 View Post
    My guess, Alex's father is either Tom(Zeke) or Ben.

Didn't Sawyer call her"the bosses' daughter"?To me that would indicate Ben.Plus when Juliet was saying she had to stay,because her father wouldn't "allow her to leave" that sounds more like Ben to me.(Btw the actor playing Ben was fantasic last night and I think he's my favorite on the show now)
    EDIT
    OK from TV.Com's recap:
    Alex pretends that she is ushering Kate and Sawyer into the facility as captives, claiming they escaped from their cages. The guard (Aldo) doesn’t quite believe it, and says that her dad is going to be furious if he finds out she’s there. (Her dad, it is revealed, is Ben!)
    Last edited by breakjaw; 02-08-2007 at 08:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by God
    Do you want to continue talking about Lizards?

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by breakjaw View Post
    Didn't Sawyer call her"the bosses' daughter"?To me that would indicate Ben.Plus when Juliet was saying she had to stay,because her father wouldn't "allow her to leave" that sounds more like Ben to me.(Btw the actor playing Ben was fantasic last night and I think he's my favorite on the show now)
    i thought ben too, but who knows. i'm going to watch it again this weekend and pay more attention

and michael emerson is the shit!
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

So did Ben impregnate Rousseau as part of this whole fertility experiment? He's apparently been on the island his entire life and we've been led to believe that Rousseau was Alex's mother, right?

Banned

didn't Juilet say "your father wont let you go."

"The bosses daughter?"

"Yes, Ben"

or something to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by full on idle View Post
    the way Walt & Michael have disappeared from the story.
    I think it's just because of Walt's growth spurt,it wasn't planned.
    Quote Originally Posted by God
    Do you want to continue talking about Lizards?

Quote Originally Posted by full on idle View Post
    Ewww I HATE him he's so gross. I totally noticed the eyeliner on the hiring guy, also the excessive darkness around the eyes of the guy that got hit by the bus. I hated Juliet's hair in the flashbacks, and I also really hope she turns back to evil again, because I don't want her to be a sympathetic character, I want all the others to be plain evil so there's a clear distinction about the two sides good vs. evil.

I know that Sawyer and Kate don't have anywhere to go I just meant I hope they don't disappear out of the story for too long, the way Walt & Michael have disappeared from the story.
    oh, ok, yeah, i hope they don't disappear out too long either. i doubt they will though, since they probably would be next in line to "lead the losties" with locke.

it's kinda annoying how juliet's character has become a lot like jacks. both reluctant heroes and all that. but we'll see where all this goes.

and thanks for all the ben info, it's been awhile since i've seen the previous episodes. i'd look on the lost forums and such too, but i'm not quite that into it so they are overwhelming

I seem to recall on one of the official podcasts that Walt's growth would be addressed eventually. Hmm, maybe that would explain Alex's apparent age too?

Yeah, the actor's growth over the past three years has caused the creators to have some explaining to do, based on the timeline of the story. Rousseau was already 7 months pregnant when she arrived on the island so I don't get Ben's involvement...

I've never seen this show but tried to watch it last night. When it came on it had the show's two directors (or was it producers?) explaining what had happened in the previous show. or season. or something. Anyway those two pretentious twats were so damned annoying that I turned it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Banned

stem cell farmers.

Yeah!! another hater. Your membership card is in the mail Tom, and thanks again for enrolling.
    Last edited by J~$$$; 02-08-2007 at 08:43 AM.

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Lost is absolutely beautiful in HD. It is the most beautiful television show on air, in my opinion.
    It is nice, but that award is taken by CSI Miami. Not a great show, but it's gorgeous in HD.

In Re: to last night's episode:

Meh. I'm at a point where I hope people start dying. It's losing me. Also, the pacing of last night's show was terrible. Absolutely terrible.

KATE RUN!

Commercial

We are on the beach and we-

Commercial

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HE SAID

Commercial

A boat.

Commercial

Seriously. The last 20 minutes were jerky as hell. 4 minutes of program, then 4 of commercials.

Anyway. I hope Kate dies next. Or Charlie.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by J~$$$ View Post
    stem cell farmers.

Yeah!! another hater. Your membership card is in the mail Tom, and thanks again for enrolling.
    I'm not necessarily a hater. I have no idea if I'd like the show or not. I just know that the two producers/directors/smug bastards annoyed me to no end. I have a very low tolerance for smug bastards.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Don't worry, those smug dudes don't appear on the show. Did you watch the actual episode that followed the summary?

no i couldn't stand the idea of it.

omg, i so want a pair of dharma scrubs! i didnt even notice them untill this episode.

Yeah, that Hydra Dharma logo kicks ass!

heck yes it does. if anyone sees if you can get the scrubs online or somewhere, please please please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    I loved this week's episode. My opinion of thaipod is slightly diminished. Still, the Marvin the Martian costume was too awesome.
    What if I told you I want to do rough and dirty things to Evangeline Lilly? Would that return me to my previous splendor?
    Hello hippies! I smell patchouli!

i thought that the others stole the baby from russo, so that would explain ben being her "father".

i watched lost in HD last night too. my roommate's have an HDTV out in the living room, and lost is the only show i'll go out there to watch. it was purdy

thank you, ivy. you were the only one who got it for some reason. Rousseau is Alex's real mother. The Others kidnapped Alex when she was a baby, and Ben raised her as his daughter. He probably told her her mother died or something.

I just know that the two producers/directors/smug bastards annoyed me to no end. I have a very low tolerance for smug bastards.
    I listen to their weekly podcasts and mostly they're just self-depricating. They think it's funny that people are so obsessed with the show and are kind of taken aback by how big it got. They are actually really really funny if you listen to them for longer than 10 seconds at a time. They play off each other very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

Banned

I knew this like the first time frenchy was introduced and bein' all das ma baby! das ma baby!

I too, got it. Thanks for reminding me about the podcast - I haven't listened since before the break.

no no im not saying no one got that rousseau was her mom - everyone knows that. but before ivy, everyone who posted had been like "wait i dont get it - rousseau and ben had a baby??"

I've been a Lost fanatic since the first episode, but seriously, they really need to start resolving some questions.

Personally, I found the 'preshow' last night to be kinda informative. It preped me for the episode, and reminded me of significant connections that I'd kind of forgot about.

I thought the episode was great, though. Again...I'm hopelessly hooked.

i am perfectly happy with the pace it's going. the more backstories the better. i love finding out random details.

ok, i agree that the dude's eyeliner was fucking creepy.

but wait. andrew - those ultrasounds were Sun's? i missed that. please elaborate.

I loved it. It was entertaining and I'm as addicted as ever.

This
    is a really good blog about Wednesday's episode, making some awesome connections I would never even have thought of. Jack>Ben>Juliet echoing Jack>Marshal>Kate from S1E1???

Banned

Hanso and Dharma were commisioned to produce the worlds first large scale working quantum computer.

Widmore was most likely the main financial frontman company, & they probaly had bigger ones behind them.

The stations were set up to take advantage of the leylines natural lattice over the world.
    The plan was create a global analog supercomputer, one capable of breaking all codes and encryptions,
    as well as acting like a hidden base to attack from.

this was the financial backers goals at the least. They wanted world dominance.
    Hanso and Dharma had good intentions. They wanted a computer to answer all the worlds problems.

I think the others were the Dharma employees on the island at the time of the incident.
    Danielles team was sent to take over and expose the island so Widmore could take control over this project.
    The numbers broadcast may have been done by a sabotage artist,
    a mole working for Widmore who was trying to alert Danielles team to the islands location.

The problem is, they arrived upsetting the coherence of the system & this may have provided the chance for the islands ancient meteorite based probe life to infect the system, taking over the qubits and infusing them with its own programming.

but what of Apollo, and who is in charge now ?

is it apollo or is it the other half ?

I still like the idea of artemis and apollo being a chimeara.

but this info about ET and the drake equation has got me thinking otherwise now.
    perhaps its a merging of us and them ?
    the first neo human...

I DID NOT WRITE THIS JUST LIKED THE THEORY