Thread: Spotify

Default Re: Spotify

Is it free or another charge?

http://open.spotify.com/user/1218185...JDJxBolRw7pVrH
    (^my LIB playlist)

http://open.spotify.com/user/1218185...tL29jS1A6BRQ0r
    (^ my DnB playlist)

http://open.spotify.com/user/1218185...1CjsO82AYcNsbv
    (^ my classic rock, blue grass and mellow playlist)
    Last edited by Goatchella; 03-28-2012 at 07:22 AM.

Free app but requires a Spotify premium account. Should have mentioned this.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I'm thinking once my free premium month is up i'm dropping it. I come across files that skip every now and again. The tagging drives me bonkers, for example you will find The Afghan Whigs and Afghan Whigs and some artists have even more. It really sucks when you are looking for a song or album and after scrolling through the options you come to find that a partciular album by the artist is not on spotify. I also don't like that I can't search or listen to friends playlists on the mobile app.

Another thing that drives me crazy is the year stamp. No Mellow Gold did not come out in 2004.

I love it, but then I don't have an iPod or any other music listening devices. I love finding other peoples random playlists and having them play in the background at work. I have found quite a few songs I haven't heard in years. I finally created my own list and have been chair dancing for two days now. I am still on the free version and the commercials don't even bother me. I must have low standards.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Spotify really came in handy for my Coachella research.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Another thing that drives me crazy is the year stamp. No Mellow Gold did not come out in 2004.
    I was wondering about that. Maybe re-issue dates? Another thing I noticed was the duplicate albums but the FAQ [or another source cannot remember] says those are because of different quality files and to use the more popular ones for the higher quality.

LOVE IT. I just wish they had the new snow patrol album. I still need to listen to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

I have been dealing with retagging my mp3s for such a long time that taking a bit of time to make my own playlists after figuring out an album's contents and running order via Amazon.com or allmusic.com seems just like a thing I'd do anyway. I have had a few tracks that wouldn't play but when they'd often play at some at some other time when I'd try again (not right after, I mean.)

There has certainly been a number of albums/artists I haven't found on Grooveshark but I still find more than enough that I really want to listen to that the service is valuable to me.

It's not perfect but I absolutely love it; I have so much music at my disposal.

I was never really sold on streaming media until I was able to get it on my phone; it is starting to take over.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    I agree. In years past, I used youtube or spent days to DL albums. This year I had my Spotify playlists for every artist each day done in a couple of hours.

Here too.

I did the same in 2005, but with Rhapsody and only when at my computer. Ahh, the past.

This too, in previous years my sister would make me CD's but it would typically be one song from each artist, which wasn't really enough to make a decision. This is the first year that I actually have my own list of must sees.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by lt.roast.a.botch View Post
    I was wondering about that. Maybe re-issue dates? Another thing I noticed was the duplicate albums but the FAQ [or another source cannot remember] says those are because of different quality files and to use the more popular ones for the higher quality.
    How would I know which ones are more popular on my cell phone? I see no ratings. Why do they have them available in different qualities? I thought by selecting high or lower quality in preferences i'm telling them what I want to hear. This all reminds me of Kazaa. I thought by paying they would tag properly and be offereing only high quality. Meh. I like it and use it daily but i'm so unsure about paying for this every month when I can just download and delete, have proper tags and high quality albums.

I agree. In years past, I used youtube or spent days to DL albums. This year I had my Spotify playlists for every artist each day done in a couple of hours.
    That would be great if I could access friends playlists from my phone but I can't. I have to make a playlist available on my PC before I can listen to it on my phone, correct?

How would I know which ones are more popular on my cell phone? I see no ratings. Why do they have them available in different qualities? I thought by selecting high or lower quality in preferences i'm telling them what I want to hear. This all reminds me of Kazaa. I thought by paying they would tag properly and be offereing only high quality. Meh. I like it and use it daily but i'm so unsure about paying for this every month when I can just download and delete, have proper tags and high quality albums.
    Yeah the phone app has some flaws for sure. For one, no radio function but the SpotOn app is pretty good. I noticed that it does not allow you to backtrack a song you just listened to but it has some nice features though.

As for the multiple albums being of different quality, I may have been wrong. I found that article and it wasn't from Spotify as I remembered. Seems like it is the author's theory which is discussed at #8. Spotify definitely isn't preferable for someone who has an audiophile ear but I like the access to all the different music quickly. http://pansentient.com/2011/07/ten-t...-arent-really/

That would be great if I could access friends playlists from my phone but I can't. I have to make a playlist available on my PC before I can listen to it on my phone, correct?
    You can. There's a Friends tab on the bottom of the app where you can select your friends' shared playlists just as you could on your desktop. I just wish more of my friends had interesting playlists.

Lurker

Default Spotify Playlist for you

Here is my official EDM prep list for Coachlla...enjoy

Click the link below to listen to the playlist Coachella 2012 EDM Prep on Spotify:
    http://open.spotify.com/user/robista...hgAY8QNb5DIATY

Default Re: Spotify Playlist for you

Quote Originally Posted by robistadium View Post
    Here is my official EDM prep list for Coachlla...enjoy

Click the link below to listen to the playlist Coachella 2012 EDM Prep on Spotify:
    http://open.spotify.com/user/robista...hgAY8QNb5DIATY
    You should add Nero - My Eyes to the playlist....that has to be their best song.
    Upcoming Shows:
    The Knife: 4/9 @ Fox Theater
    Coachella: 4/11-13 @ Empire Polo Fields

You can. There's a Friends tab on the bottom of the app where you can select your friends' shared playlists just as you could on your desktop. I just wish more of my friends had interesting playlists.
    Thanks for the answers. The only tabs at the bottom I see are Playlists, Search, What's New and More. More just brings me to settings, about and log out. I don't see a "friends" option anywhere. The "playlist" tab shows me "inbox" "library" "starred" "local music" and then a coupe of playlists and that's it.

Thanks for the answers. The only tabs at the bottom I see are Playlists, Search, What's New and More. More just brings me to settings, about and log out. I don't see a "friends" option anywhere. The "playlist" tab shows me "inbox" "library" "starred" "local music" and then a coupe of playlists and that's it.
    Interesting. Mine has: Playlists, Search, What's New, Friends, Settings. My guess is either you need to update your App or that mine is different as a premium user.

photo.jpg

Hmm iphone? I wonder if it's the android version that doesn't.

oh yeah that could be it too although I can't think of a reason why they would leave that feature out on droid

Lurker

Default Re: Spotify Playlist for you

Just added thx!

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    I love it, but then I don't have an iPod or any other music listening devices. I love finding other peoples random playlists and having them play in the background at work. I have found quite a few songs I haven't heard in years. I finally created my own list and have been chair dancing for two days now. I am still on the free version and the commercials don't even bother me. I must have low standards.
    I really like the playlist sharing option too, as well as being able to see what your friends are listening to. It's a great way to discover new music.

The home page that shows new releases when you open Spotify is great too because it caters to what you already have in your library.

I just listened to an acid house playlist on Spotify and it was one of the worst things I've ever heard ever.
    4/27 - Ghost BC - Fonda (?)
    4/29 - Franz Ferdinand - Wiltern (?)
    4/30 - Mono - Troubadour (?)
    5/03 - Philip Glass - Royce Hall
    5/06 - Rodrigo y Gabriela - Orpheum (?)

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I want to get the members of Brand New and Chvrches in a line and have all of them executed in front of their fans.
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

android app is absolutely terrible. i don't blame anyone who would want ot cancel after being subjected to that garbage. the iphone app is really nice. if spotify were smart they'd make their upcoming major android update in that mold.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Here's what I don't understand - if I get a Spotify premium account, can I somehow make those tracks that I "get" off of Spotify available on a classic iPod, or would it have to be through using the app on an iPod Touch or iPhone?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

No. Or at least not officially and not that I know of.

You can use Spotify (as an iTunes substitute) to transfer your mp3s to your classic (no data connection) iPod if you want to but that's it. I have an old phone (no service, wifi only) with music from Spotify on it and once the music is there it needs no further data connection. Thinking about it I should fill it up with easy music to listen to.

Also I don't know what the Android app was like in April of last year but I have no problems with it as it stands now. I use it all the time; I have a series of playlists filled with music to listen to on my commute; it's real easy to switch that music out.

Also thanks to Spotify (with some help from apps like Ulysses' Classical) I am basically listen to new classical and opera all the time. I love it so much.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

I feel like a dope, but I just don't want to use my iPhone as my workout iPod because it gets sweaty, falls off, etc. Is that dumb?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

just get an armband.