Page 1 of 18 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Spotify

Default Spotify

So my friend just sent me an invitation to Spotify and I signed up and downloaded it and am using it right now.

First impressions are pretty good - it's an online jukebox sort of service that seems to work just like last.fm , but without any loading times at all, and with excellent sound quality. At the moment the choice of songs isn't all that great, presumably because it's still just in the beta stage, but it looks pretty solid.

It's working in Europe right now and I think it'll become active in North America in a month or so. I'll be interested to see how it competes with last.fm or offers something new to music listeners.
    "The first time I heard the new single off the Bravery album, I actually cried, and I do not even remember the name of that damn song. It reminded me of this girl I am in love with." - kroqken

Default Re: Spotify

pandora.
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

Young blood

boooooo....

Dear Spotify Visitor,
    Thanks for dropping by...

Here at Spotify we believe that Everyone Loves Music, that's why we aim to legally bring all the worlds music to everyone, everywhere and are currently working really hard to achieve this. With Spotify free service plus a variety of flexible subscription options to suit every lifestyle and budget you'll find we offer everything you need to get the most out of your music.

Unfortunately, due to licensing restrictions we are not yet available in your country. We understand that you are currently in United States.If you believe we have made a mistake, we apologize and ask that you please contact us at support@spotify.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Young blood View Post
    boooooo....

Dear Spotify Visitor,

Here at Spotify we believe that Everyone Loves Music, that's why we aim to legally bring all the worlds music to everyone, everywhere and are currently working really hard to achieve this. With Spotify free service plus a variety of flexible subscription options to suit every lifestyle and budget you'll find we offer everything you need to get the most out of your music.

Unfortunately, due to licensing restrictions we are not yet available in your country. We understand that you are currently in United States.If you believe we have made a mistake, we apologize and ask that you please contact us at support@spotify.com.
    You could try using an IP blocker to get around it...
    "The first time I heard the new single off the Bravery album, I actually cried, and I do not even remember the name of that damn song. It reminded me of this girl I am in love with." - kroqken

Have you guys got Spotify in the US yet? It is truly a great bit of software.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Why is Spotify not available in my country?

Dear Spotify Visitor,

Unfortunately, due to licensing restrictions we are not yet available in your country. We understand that you are currently in United States (your IP address 72.132.149.***). If you believe we have made a mistake, we apologize and ask that you please contact us at support@spotify.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

so, due to someone's kindness on this board, i was able to get a Spotify "Free" account. however, it's caught on that i am not in the UK and has gone dead.

can anyone suggest any hacks/settings to trick Spotify into thinking i'm actually in the UK (or another Spotify-friendly country), please? or, maybe you know how to configure the proxy in the settings?

anything would be of great help. thx!

lowfront

ahhhh

I remember when this first came out and I actually cared to keep my account alive

I spent lots of hours researching and trying

and I got it to last a few months but christ its not worth the hassle

just download

Isn't Spotify just like grooveshark
    Translation

Ty Segall / Cold Beat/WAND @ GAMH 01/29/15
    Sparks @ Ace Hotel 02/14/15
    Caribou @The Fillmore 03/01/15
    The Pop Group @ GAMH 03/11/15
    Neutral Milk Hotel @ Pappy & Harriets 05/30/15

Last.fm

i just got turned on to grooveshark. it very well may be my solution. i just need something to supplant Lala (now that it's deceased).

Spotify is good but it's library is still pretty limited (in addition to not being available worldwide).

let's just start talking about Grooveshark so we dont have to hear about how awesome spotify is when us americans can't use it
    Last edited by getbetter; 07-28-2010 at 12:56 AM.
    Translation

Ty Segall / Cold Beat/WAND @ GAMH 01/29/15
    Sparks @ Ace Hotel 02/14/15
    Caribou @The Fillmore 03/01/15
    The Pop Group @ GAMH 03/11/15
    Neutral Milk Hotel @ Pappy & Harriets 05/30/15

Last.fm

and the wait continues.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/0...-anytime-soon/
    Spotify not coming to America anytime soon
    Ever since free music streaming service Spotify launched in Europe in 2008, music fans stateside have been waiting for it to cross the pond. Just last March we announced its impending arrival, noting gleefully “This is better than Christmas!” Well don’t hold your breath for much under the tree. After months of haggling, Billboard.biz reports that negotiations between Spotify and the U.S. record industry have broken down entirely. The Big Four record companies (Sony, Universal, Warner, and EMI) are apparently less than thrilled with the site’s “freemium” business model, in which users get an ad-supported version for free but pay for ad-free streaming and mobile access.

After so many promised U.S. launch dates have come and gone, Spotify is eager to launch something in America, even if it’s not the full version. The bad press builds with each missed deadline — there’s now an entire blog devoted to the company’s broken promises. Billboard’s anonymous sources report that the company is starting from scratch at the negotiating table, trying to offer a more limited service for launch by year’s end.

In the meantime, it is losing ground to competitors, from free sites like Grooveshark to paid, all-you-can-stream services like MOG. With the labels continuing to drag their feet, if Spotify ever does launch in America it may no longer inspire much excitement.
    fucking record labels are so bloody retarded. they just don't get it.

i found a workaround...just got a Netherlands-based VPN account and now Spotify thinks i'm at an Amsterdam cafe smoking blunts. problem solved.

So I haven't logged into my Spotify account in months and it's reverted back to the 10 hours/month deal. Does anyone have a premium code they can gift me with? I have an invite to what.cd to trade, should that be of interest.

Thanks.

Can't help you there, but:

http://gigaom.com/2011/06/24/spotify-us-launch-july/

Edit - changed link. This one is newer.

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Can't help you there, but:

http://gigaom.com/2011/06/24/<b>spot...unch-july</b>/

Edit - changed link. This one is newer.
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post

What is it exactly I'm supposed to say here again? Something about reading before you post, jackass? You'll have to brief me on your protocol.

Are you supposed to be using more sophisticated language here? Wait, you're not drunk enough.

It was the subject of the post immediately before yours, Chris. No amount of attempted character assassination is going to keep that from being the case. You lost this one. Let's move on together.

I sent an email. I hope I get an invite.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Oh, the irony. Of course, this will not be lesson learned. Likely the contrary.

Can I send my invites over to you lot now? I've probably got quite a few. Can't wait to start using collaborative playlists to resureect board mix of the week.
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

send me one Chris!
    Upcoming Shows:
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields
    U2: 6/28 @ United Center

PM me your email address and I'll fire one over.

Hey Chris...you're the one who sent me my original invite (thanks again). Are the ones you have now for the full service of just the 10 hours/month one? Do you know? If the former, I'm wondering if you wouldn't mind sending me another to sign up under a diff em address?

You have to pay for the full service - it is £5 a month here, but well worth it.

Yeah, I'm sure my brother who works at Pandora will be thrilled by that. Haha.

(he hates it when I let him know that Spotify kicks their arse)

So what's the deal with this? Should I be interested?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****