Page 1 of 20 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL 2009 Coachella Lineup Pool!!! Enter Here!

Default The OFFICIAL 2009 Coachella Lineup Pool !!! Enter Here!

We're doing it again! I offered to take over this year's pool so Boourns can participate and have fun this year. Rules are similar to the previous years rules (didn't want to fix the unbroken).

OFFICIAL RULES

Prediction Requirements

You MUST list 25 bands. Headliners will be required, so the first three names on your list will be considered your headliner predictions. For correct headliner guesses, you will be rewarded THREE points for each, and all other bands will count as ONE point. If you predict a band as a headliner but they end up NOT being a headliner but still a performer, counts as one point. If you predict a band as a performer and they end up being a headliner, you get one point (not three, since you didn’t exactly call it correctly). Make sense?

How To Enter:

E-mail me your predictions: jadel74@yahoo.com. I’d rather not get PM’s because I always forget to clean those out and I don’t want anyone’s stuff getting bounced back.

Like last year, you can resubmit your list as often as you wish until the deadline, but keep in mind that in the event of a tie, the poster with the fewest resubmits and/or the earliest final submission, will win. Again, like last year, if a band gets confirmed and added to the “restricted” list before the deadline and you’ve already submitted your list with that band on it, you get the point for it, even though that band is restricted for everyone else.

Prize:

Bragging rights and a super-cool crafty homemade trophy from yours truly.

Deadline:

All entries must be sent via email by November 23rd. That’s two weeks. We can afford a little more time this year since we’re starting it earlier.

Misc:

Don’t post your list here. I’ll post everyone’s list once the deadline has passed.

Just like the last two years, bands that are considered "confirmed" will be restricted. Fortunately, we’re starting early this year, so the “confirmed” list is rather short.

RESTRICTED BANDS (all courtesy of Scooper's list)
    Buraka Som Sistema
    white lies
    dj zegon
    Tinariwen
    Fleet Foxes (from the UKK forum, someone talked to a bandmember) as of 11/11 at 8:22PM MST

Also, don't forget-when you email me, make sure you include your board name so I know who to credit tht list to.

Any questions?
    Last edited by captncrzy; 11-11-2008 at 07:24 PM.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Default Re: The Official 2009 Coachella Lineup Pool!!!

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    We're doing it again! I offered to take over this year's pool so Boourns can participate and have fun this year. Rules are similar to the previous years rules (didn't want to fix the unbroken).

OFFICIAL RULES

Prediction Requirements

You MUST list 30 bands. Headliners will be required, so the first three names on your list will be considered your headliner predictions. For correct headliner guesses, you will be rewarded THREE points for each, and all other bands will count as ONE point. If you predict a band as a headliner but they end up NOT being a headliner but still a performer, counts as one point. If you predict a band as a performer and they end up being a headliner, you get one point (not three, since you didn’t exactly call it correctly). Make sense?

How To Enter:

E-mail me your predictions: jadel74@yahoo.com. I’d rather not get PM’s because I always forget to clean those out and I don’t want anyone’s stuff getting bounced back.

Like last year, you can resubmit your list as often as you wish until the deadline, but keep in mind that in the event of a tie, the poster with the fewest resubmits and/or the earliest final submission, will win. Again, like last year, if a band gets confirmed and added to the “restricted” list before the deadline and you’ve already submitted your list with that band on it, you get the point for it, even though that band is restricted for everyone else.

Prize:

Bragging rights and a super-cool crafty homemade trophy from yours truly.

Deadline:

All entries must be sent via email by November 23rd. That’s two weeks. We can afford a little more time this year since we’re starting it earlier.

Misc:

Don’t post your list here. I’ll post everyone’s list once the deadline has passed.

Just like the last two years, bands that are considered "confirmed" will be restricted. Fortunately, we’re starting early this year, so the “confirmed” list is rather short.

RESTRICTED BANDS (all courtesy of Boourns’ list)
    Buraka Som Sistema
    white lies
    dj zegon
    Tinariwen

Any questions?
    None. Let's get started!

If someone sends in their list, let says now, and a band on their list gets "confirmed" and added to the restricted bands list before the deadline... will they have to remove that band from their list?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    If someone sends in their list, let says now, and a band on their list gets "confirmed" and added to the restricted bands list before the deadline... will they have to remove that band from their list?
    No sir. If you get it in before the "confirmation" and the subsequent restriction, it counts in your favor.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Nevermind. Your answer above covered my question.

This is fun

You can amend your list as much as you want, but you cannot add a restricted band to it once it's restricted.

Default Re: The OFFICIAL 2009 Coachella Lineup Pool!!! Enter Here!

30 is a lot of bands... wasn't it 10 last year? The list should be taken down from 30 to 20. That might even be a stretch though. I would suggest 10 or 15.
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Twenty is perfect with three headliners, unless we have a double-headliner like Portishead/Kraftwerk was last year before Prince got added

It was 20 last year; Boourns suggested 30 this year. I'm just going with what he wanted.

It was? Ok, then I think we should keep it at twenty this year.

30 works. Thats only a quarter of the actual lineup anyway.

i hope all of you know you are going to be beaten by a 15 yr old.

I'll split the difference with you.

Hey, we're talking about the 2009 contest here CSS. Keep it clean
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Haha, 25 works. I just remember last year (yeah, 20 makes sense) I had a hard time picking out the last 5 or 6 bands. I am pretty sure I ended up getting 7 bands right.

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    Hey, we're talking about the 2009 contest here CSS. Keep it clean
    LOLZ

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Haha, 25 works. I just remember last year (yeah, 20 makes sense) I had a hard time picking out the last 5 or 6 bands. I am pretty sure I ended up getting 7 bands right.
    Yeah, you have a post way back on the first or second page that says somethign to the effect of "geez, I need to go weed down my list."

25 it is.

The competition starts now.

I might enter. I suck at competitions and I hate losing
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

This will be fun. Thanks for doing this captn.

i hope all of you know you are going to be beaten by a 15 yr old.
    <--- Yes, I can beat you. *Oops, yeah, keep it clean.*

captn.,

Pls add this to the rules ... only 18+ yr olds can participate. Just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Yeah, you have a post way back on the first or second page that says somethign to the effect of "geez, I need to go weed down my list."

25 it is.
    Really? Hmmm. Must be the alzheimers.

I might enter. I suck at competitions and I hate losing
    Keep it clean.

stop smoking foil, Ragey!

stop smoking foil, Ragey!
    Making a mental note.

I just want back and read the thread... my comment was that I had way too many BIG name acts. As in, all my acts were big name acts and it would not be logical to use all big name acts.

Quote Originally Posted by idrive1life View Post

Pls add this to the rules ... only 18+ yr olds can participate. Just kidding.
    Hahaaa....yeah, if a 15 year old wins, I can't have as much fun with the trophy.

I'd argue that the trophy becomes even funnier. But I'm not the one on the hook for sending it so whatever.

25 it is. I'm having trouble editing my list down from about 40 acts :-/

when i win i will donate the trophy to 2nd place. all i need is the props.

Yeah, but I don't need angry parents coming after me.

Also, I already got the first submission-no board name though. Please make sure your board name is on your list when you send it...

I don't read rules. I just win.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

okay kanye