Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: “It’s very possible I’ll go back to Blur, it really is very possible”

Default Re: “It’s very possible I’ll go back to Blur, it really is very possible”

I have an emotional attachment to Damon so as long as he is at Coachella I will be happy.

Default Re: “It’s very possible I’ll go back to Blur, it really is very possible”

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSwan View Post
    I have an emotional attachment to Damon so as long as he is at Coachella I will be happy.
    Same here, and as such I've seen him in a variety of live settings performing pretty much with everyone but Blur and Gorillaz. I've fucked up.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

Gorillaz self titled was the very first album I bought with my own money. To say the least, I have an emotional attachment to Gorillaz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    SCORE!

GORILLAZ COACHELLA 2010!
    My thoughts exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Take it to the Gorillaz thread, Sally. This is a place for mourning.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    SCORE!

GORILLAZ COACHELLA 2010!
    Not exactly. Just because Blur is no more doesn't mean we will get Gorillaz. Most likely it means a slot that could have gone to one rare act that actually had a slight chance of playing will end up going to someone everyone has already had the chance to see a hundred times.

Pulp is more likely than Gorillaz at this point. Gorillaz seem to be a pipe dream like Neutral Milk Hotel or The Smiths.
    Last edited by Boourns; 09-29-2009 at 10:39 AM.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

I am pretty sure Damon won't want to do the Gorillaz show at Coachella.

Thats right, I forgot you guys have personal conversations with Damon and his plans for 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

old school

I am pretty sure Damon won't want to do the Gorillaz show at Coachella.
    So am I.

This fucking sucks but on the bright side it leaves a headlining spot open for (assuming any of them are willing to do it) Outkast, Daft Punk or Radiohead.

Well...
    1. Gorillaz never played festivals
    2. Damon likes to do weird things in unusual places with his cartoon band
    3. Damon doesn't give a fuck if most of the fans never get the chance to see them
    14. Festival setting is incompatible with a Gorillaz live show if it is anything like previous ones
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

What Boourns said.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

I'm excited for their law & cheese careers.

going to hyde park was one of the best decisions I have made all year.

also there's no reason why gorillaz couldn't play a festival.

Well if they had done the hologram thing yes its a problem. some drunk idiot wouldve thrown a beer at a hologram projector and it wouldve gone dowhill from there...

right. there's all sorts of problems with that. but that was tv appearances only, they never did that at live shows.

I don't think Gorillaz will ever do the halogram show in a live setting. When they tour next, I bet it wil be somewhat similar to the Demon Days tour setup.

And Boourns...
    1. Gorillaz never played festivals
    Neither did Prince. Or Roger Waters or Madonna. Not a valid argument.
    2. Damon likes to do weird things in unusual places with his cartoon band
    Coachella would be a weird event in an unusual place for Damn and his cartoon band.
    3. Damon doesn't give a fuck if most of the fans never get the chance to see them
    Coachella is a relatively small festival. This would be another perfect opportunity for him not to give a fuck.
    14. Festival setting is incompatible with a Gorillaz live show if it is anything like previous ones
    Not true. I can't see any reason why the Demon Days set up would not be feasible at Coachella.
    I think you actually just listed 4 good reasons why Gorillaz could be at Coachella.
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

they evaluated doing a full tour with the holograms and decided against it. there's too great a chance of things going wrong, and they have to keep the music too quiet. they say that the tv performances were nerve wracking, and they are lucky they went off without a hitch. and apparently they were a lot quieter in person than they seemed on tv -- if the music was louder it would make the plastic vibrate and the "holograms" wouldn't look right.

Either way, it's fucking awesome they tried to make a hologram band.

I really hope no Blur means he is all into Gorillaz now.

The difference between Gorillaz and Waters/Madonna/etc is Gorillaz is a contemporary act that is expected to be at festivals that cater to the young and irresponsible. The others were all surprises and a lot of people were all "zomg this isn't the state fair because McCartney = Styx because both are oooollllddd." They could have easily played Coachella 2006 but did not want to. It's possible they will change their mind in 2010 but not likely. Let's see if that album even comes out.

If neither Blur nor Gorillaz are going to make Coachella, I'd love it if Damon brought his Honest Jon's Chop Up to the festival. I saw the show at Lincoln Center last year, and it was absolutely brilliant.

This particular performance is from 2002, but is a fair representation of what it was like on the stage when they broke into one of my favorite songs from the Mali Music album. I don't know what the reaction would be from the general crowd to this, but I know I'd be in total bliss...

I never took to mali music.

Did anyone see The Good, The Bad & The Queen in 2007? I was tired and didn't feel like sticking around.

They were good. Not amazing, but definately a good way to end the night. However, the best part of the set was Damon's comment about Tiestio.

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYY????????????

From Facebook:
    Blur: New site is now live at www.blur.co.uk!

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYY????????????

From Facebook:
    I saw that, and it felt like a cheap taunt.

The bastards...

It means they are confirmed for Coachella!

i hope it does mean they're coming to coachella. pavement and blur would make it a lock for me. i made this many moons ago for those interested

Blur - Various B-Sides

1. Bone Bag
    2. Day Upon Day (Live)
    3. Down
    4. Got Yer!
    5. The Horrors
    6. Inertia
    7. The Man Who Left Himself
    8. Mr. Briggs
    9. My Ark
    10. Peach
    11. Sing
    12. A Song
    13. A Spell For Money
    14. St. Louis
    15. Tame
    16. Threadneedle Street
    17. Woodpigeon Song
    Last edited by buddy; 11-19-2009 at 02:15 PM.

Blur need to play Coachella just 1 more time....if only it could go down as great as the Glastonbury set was.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

is the new site supposed to do anything? or just say 'blur'?

oh I see. that's a loading screen.

yeah the record execs just want to sell a few more copies of midlife. woop de do.