Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: “It’s very possible I’ll go back to Blur, it really is very possible”

Default Re: “It’s very possible I’ll go back to Blur, it really is very possible”

7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Default Re: “It’s very possible I’ll go back to Blur, it really is very possible”

Siiiiiiiiigh...
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Yeah... *sniffle*

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

god damn you damon albarn.

gorillaz will fill this void.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    gorillaz will fill this void.
    It's about friggin time.

I'm not too sorry about Blur, I saw them in '96 and wasn't blown away or anything (I know, blasphemy).
    8/07 LeMaitre @ The Rickshaw Stop (?)
    8/08-8/10 Outside Lands #5
    8/11 NONONO @ GAMH
    8/23 NIN and Soundgarden @ Shoreline
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/10 Woman's Hour @ the Rickshaw Stop
    10/17 SBTRKT @ the Fox Theatre (?)
    10/21 Jessie Ware @ The Chapel
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rüfüs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    11/29 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre

I got an email saying the live in hyde park mp3s are ready! downloading now.

interestingly enough, the email says we get 160 kbps mp3s. then I noticed the file name ended with _Low.zip. I removed the _Low from the file name and it started to download a larger zip file. hopefully better quality.

then I changed the file name to include the date for friday's gig (which I didn't purchase) and it started to download that too.

good security, sandbag.

Gorillaz will not fill this void. They're a completely different kind of band...
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

I wish the people who took videos of the newest shows and posted them on YouTube could hold their camera still.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSwan View Post
    I wish the people who took videos of the newest shows and posted them on YouTube could hold their camera still.
    I tried, but it's difficult when people are being pulled out of the crowd to your left/right/right over your head every few minutes.

I screwed myself with the downloads this morning. my download of the thursday show got interrupted, now the link it tells me I've used the validation code too many times. I succesfully got the one I had no right to, but failed on the one I legally purchased. rofl. emailing them for help now...

http://www.nme.com/news/blur/46544
    Blur could play more shows. Guitarist believes the band could continue with gigs abroad
    August 6, 2009

Graham Coxon has said there could be more Blur gigs.

The guitarist said the band might follow-up their shows in June and July by staging more concerts abroad. The comeback shows were almost all in the UK and Ireland, apart from one in France, in Lyon on July 5.

"We're talking about doing some more shows abroad... I'm not sure how much I can say about that, but we're definitely talking about it," he told XFM.

Coxon added that the band had also considered writing some new songs.

"I think I said that'd be quite good fun. That's as far as it's gone," he said of Blur's future plans. "We didn't bother really talking about it, we were just having a good time. We didn't want to put any adverse 'Gs' onto it."

As previously reported by NME.COM, Coxon said that he was interested in writing and recording another Blur album, but the band had yet to discuss the idea.

The guitarist also indicated that any new material would be unlikely to surface in the near future.

Hmm... Well, I put more into the words of Graham Coxon than any other member, so maybe Blur will come after all, and I would love a new album.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Hmm... Well, I put more into the words of Graham Coxon than any other member, so maybe Blur will come after all, and I would love a new album.
    It would be great if they finished it off proper with graham on board for another album, after think tank.

i'd be happy with a tour state side, though.

they're talking about it. let's be happy.

next week there will be another nme article on how nothing has happened in a week and the band must be over forever. it's like a childish drama with that publication.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    next week there will be another nme article on how nothing has happened in a week and the band must be over forever. it's like a childish drama with that publication.
    this is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Graham is absolutely imperative if they intend on writing anymore music...I loved the Gorillaz first album ,but I think the second is dreadfully boring....

Think Tank had it's interesting moments, but it clearly lacked someone with the ability to play guitar on it....
    '99-'11...

Quote Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
    Graham is absolutely imperative if they intend on writing anymore music...I loved the Gorillaz first album ,but I think the second is dreadfully boring....

Think Tank had it's interesting moments, but it clearly lacked someone with the ability to play guitar on it....
    Yeah, Think Tank is a good album, but in relation to Blur albums, its the weak link. "Out of Time" is such an amazingly, beautiful example of the genius that is Damon Albarn though. "Battery in Your Leg" is also brilliant, but that is Graham Coxon in it, so it's also like a painful example of what could have been...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

unnecessary bumps to this thread are cruel. :-(

Graham Coxon: 'No more from Blur for now'

Guitarist says there's nothing on the cards for the foursome

Graham Coxon has confirmed that Blur have no further plans to play live together or do "anything else" as a band following their reunion this year.

The four-piece reunited to play live earlier in 2009, headlining Glastonbury festival and T In The Park as well as playing their own shows. Now Coxon has told NME.COM, in an exclusive video interview which you can watch by clicking on the right, that they have no plans for further Blur events.

"We're in touch and we say 'Wotcha' and all that but nothing has been mentioned about any more shows or anything else," he said. "Everyone's slipped back into what they do when the Blur creature isn't heaving around. Law and cheese and music, I suppose."

Although the guitarist had no Blur plans, he has geared up his solo career following the band live dates. He is set to play live with musical guests under the band name The Graham Coxon Power Acoustic Ensemble in November.
    http://www.nme.com/news/blur/47568

I'm going to find a puppy to kick.

Fuck.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by rskapcat View Post
    Fuck.
    I concur.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

damn
    "Choke on that Causality!"

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I don't give a shit if the Killers are playing; I'll watch something else-even if it's watching the poor churro man get trampled by stoners.

SCORE!

GORILLAZ COACHELLA 2010!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Yeah Josh...just rub some more salt in my wounds.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

oh fuck. this sucks. I am hoping for the Gorillaz though. I've been lucky in that I've gotten to see Blur live quite a bit, but not the Gorillaz.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by rskapcat View Post
    Yeah Josh...just rub some more salt in my wounds.
    Sorry Becca. And sorry for everyone who was really pulling for Blur at Coachella. I certainly wouldn't be oposed to it... I just really want to see Gorillaz!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Sorry Becca. And sorry for everyone who was really pulling for Blur at Coachella. I certainly wouldn't be oposed to it... I just really want to see Gorillaz!
    I was all set to revoke your nice guy status and everything...
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

are gorillaz a possibility?
    4/19-4/21 Coachella
    5/25 Flying Lotus, Thundercat, Teebs @ The Fox Theatre
    5/29 Tame Impala @ The Fox Theatre
    ??? Bjork @ The Craneway Pavilion

I like Gorillaz...but I have no emotional attachment to them whatsoever.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.