Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: “It’s very possible I’ll go back to Blur, it really is very possible”

Default Re: “It’s very possible I’ll go back to Blur, it really is very possible”

I'm pumped, I just have nothing to say. The albums have been out since before I was listening to music and all commented on to no end. Just waiting for Friday night now

Though, they did play their first '13 shows in Mexico if someone wants to post the setlists. I like them opening with popscene

Default Re: “It’s very possible I’ll go back to Blur, it really is very possible”

It's hard for me to post, because I keep throwing up and fainting from my infected left stub, where they took my arm. I'm very excited though.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    So, remember when this thread was created and the sentiment was largely "oh my god, I'd give my left arm for a chance to see them live" but now that they're playing our favorite festival the sentiment seems to be far more lukewarm?

How did that happen?
    Mostly because Blur were never big enough to headliner a North American festival in the first place, and they still aren't now. People are still very excited to see Blur, but I think them headlining threw everyone off a little bit. I have said this before and I will say it again, Blur is a strong sub and weak headliner.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

they are my #1 of the weekend besides Modest Mouse and Postal Service.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Mostly because Blur were never big enough to headliner a North American festival in the first place, and they still aren't now. People are still very excited to see Blur, but I think them headlining threw everyone off a little bit. I have said this before and I will say it again, Blur is a strong sub and weak headliner.
    Remember when you were all about Gorillaz totally being headline worthy?

I'm very excited for Blur, and I've got my kids all excited now too. I made a spotify playlist for the songs from the Mexico show and listened to it last night while we were playing a card game.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

People would still bitch if they subbed and they'd be complaining that blur we're only getting one hour while some kroq buzz band was headlining above them.

October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    January 31 - Mayhem/Watain

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Remember when you were all about Gorillaz totally being headline worthy?
    Gorillaz are bigger stateside than Blur. There is no debate about that. Gorillaz are unquestionably big enough to headline. The quality of their performance is unrelated to the fact.

And for the record, I enjoyed their Coachella set, but agree with that they didn't end the set the right way. However, their stadium tour that fall was far superior and that whole tour was well received.
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Gorillaz are bigger stateside than Blur. There is no debate about that. Gorillaz are unquestionably big enough to headline. The quality of their performance is unrelated to the fact.
    kind of unrelated but their performance of el manana made up for the volcano screwing things up. that moment sticks out in my mind. once i read your post i had to go back and listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

So, remember when this thread was created and the sentiment was largely "oh my god, I'd give my left arm for a chance to see them live" but now that they're playing our favorite festival the sentiment seems to be far more lukewarm?

How did that happen?
    I think there would be more excitement if they were doing more than just coachella.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    I think there would be more excitement if they were doing more than just coachella.
    Agreed. I know you and I would be.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Guy Gerber - 10/29 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Fun Fun Fun Fest -11/7 - 11/9 - Auditorium Shores
    Thee Oh Sees - 11/11 - Hotel Vegas
    Caribou - 11/23 - The Mohawk

their stadium tour that fall was far superior and that whole tour was well received.
    Gorillaz toured stadiums in the States?

Arenas. Same difference. Whatevs.

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I'm very excited for Blur, and I've got my kids all excited now too. I made a spotify playlist for the songs from the Mexico show and listened to it last night while we were playing a card game.
    Because one post proving that you brainwash your kids on stupid fucking music from a nation that hates you wasn't enough. Now introducing, "My kids love Blur, now that I've forced it on them for weeks on end," The Thread. When one or all of her children realize how smothered they are, they'll be gone. Guaranteed. Sexual partners don't like it. Pets don't like it. Children don't like it. Hell, you all saw what happened when I smothered the message board. They're going to hate you, Amyzz, and they're going to think of how much they hate you every time WOOHOO comes on the radio (song 2, for those of you who are acting like Blur fans until you see how boring a show they throw). Good times. Sometimes you have to let your kids be their own people, or they'll become you, and hate you for it. Just give it ten more years, and suffer the consequences, or lay off the poor little sponge bastards, and get results. Let them come to you.

Also, I'll be pretty upset if Blur opens for the Stone Roses. I'm hoping it's Blur on the Outdoor VS. Stone Roses sucking it up on the Main. Literally the only way I'm going to see the Stone Roses is if there are way too many fucking people at Blur (which there just may be. MM> Blur will be an attractive double-feature to a lot of people).

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    I'm hoping it's Blur on the Outdoor VS. Stone Roses sucking it up on the Main.
    that is the most retarded scheduling suggestion I've ever heard.

reminds me of vegoose.

I assure you that whoever scheduled for Vegoose is infinitely less retarded than Zafocaine.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Because one post proving that you brainwash your kids on stupid fucking music from a nation that hates you wasn't enough. Now introducing, "My kids love Blur, now that I've forced it on them for weeks on end," The Thread. When one or all of her children realize how smothered they are, they'll be gone. Guaranteed. Sexual partners don't like it. Pets don't like it. Children don't like it. Hell, you all saw what happened when I smothered the message board. They're going to hate you, Amyzz, and they're going to think of how much they hate you every time WOOHOO comes on the radio (song 2, for those of you who are acting like Blur fans until you see how boring a show they throw). Good times. Sometimes you have to let your kids be their own people, or they'll become you, and hate you for it. Just give it ten more years, and suffer the consequences, or lay off the poor little sponge bastards, and get results. Let them come to you.
    So are you going to watch Blur or the Stone Roses...

Refer to Narc-chella thread. Some brits camping next to me one year wouldn't shut up about the Black Keys. Saturday rolls around, and they come up to my tent all desperate to score as much weed as they can for twenty dollars. Pretty low class. I blame the UK for the garbage portion of Coachella, including the Stone Roses, and the Black Keys. You Brits and your passion for the white American blues will never cease to bore me.

I'd be thankful in the same way if one of the million more eligible bands of the past forty years that I love were playing too. No one is saying they aren't a good band. They aren't a good band to everyone, including the majority of people who will be attending Coachella. What wrong reason could someone go to Coachella? Who the fuck are you to decide? Plenty of people I don't like will be at Coachella, including you, but I tend not to give a fuck, as we're all there for the same reasons, more or less. If anything, this Stone Roses shit has created a rift between the dedicate Coachella fans, and moronic Stone Roses fans. Have you ever considered that this festival is for festival/ music fans, and not just Stone Roses fans? I'm excited for dozens of acts on the lineup, not some stinking old act that couldn't cross the Atlantic at their peek. Sort of shit, if you ask anyone who doesn't care for their music (literally 99% of the world)

10/14 Warpaint @ Webster
    10/15 Flying Lotus @ Terminal 5
    10/16 Flying Lotus @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
    10/18 Ben Frost @ Wick
    10/18 Ambivalent/Mike Dehnert @ Output

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Guys... why the the fuck are you quoting Zafo? He is supposed to be on everyones ignore.

he is... apparently not everyone got the memo. Im still convinced hes a troll.

and as far as Blur goes.... they are my absolute #1 for the whole weekend. I didnt think I would ever get to see them live.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

Saw them twice in 2009 and will again at Coachella and Primavera. Good times.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

I'm not going this year, missing Blur is gonna hurt.
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

Missing Suede hurt me in 2011. I can relate.
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Amy, you blew it. At least you know you did. Suede's new album is getting rave reviews btw...awaiting my Amazon.co.uk CD delivery for car expose.
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

I haven't seen Blur since since 1997 so I am beyond excited. I really that get at least 85 minutes like they did at Vive Latino.

Blur miiiight be the act I'm most excited to see this year. I really hope it's not a graveyard during their set.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    So are you going to watch Blur or the Stone Roses...

Blur, The Stone Roses, or who? Look at the options. Blur/ Any other option that isn't the Stone Roses> the Stone Roses.

Anyone getting tired of people trying to control your ignore list? Boohoo never sounded so smooth.

Noel Gallagher & Paul Weller joined Damon & Graham for "Tender" in London last night...

10/14 Warpaint @ Webster
    10/15 Flying Lotus @ Terminal 5
    10/16 Flying Lotus @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
    10/18 Ben Frost @ Wick
    10/18 Ambivalent/Mike Dehnert @ Output

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

To be honest I'm not too impressed about that performance.

great song, shitty performance.
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio