Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: “It’s very possible I’ll go back to Blur, it really is very possible”

Default Re: “It’s very possible I’ll go back to Blur, it really is very possible”

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    coachella 2013.
    yes! that would be amazing to see Damon Albarn twice at coachella!! hes just too amazing and totally underrated

Default Re: “It’s very possible I’ll go back to Blur, it really is very possible”

The Hyde Park show on Sunday is being streamed live here. Use tunnelbear if there is any region restrictions.

http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/djs_s...dex.html?day=3
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Blur - Parklive

Blur’s highly anticipated show in Hyde Park marking the close of the Olympic Games this weekend, will be made available for download – via iTunes – worldwide within 24 hours for of the band leaving the stage.

Blur have partnered with Abbey Road Live Here Now to deliver instant high quality live audio of their massive sold-out London show to fans around the world.
    Next week, a CD limited edition of the full Hyde Park show will be available. Titled Parklive, it will comprise of 2 show discs coupled with a bonus disc featuring unreleased live tracks selected from the recent warm up shows.

Then, in November comes a deluxe 5-disc set, which contains the 3 CDs of show audio with an additional performance DVD of the Hyde Park gig. Added to this is an exclusive CD of tracks – ‘Blur Live At The 100 Club’ – recorded at the legendary London venue in August. The discs are packaged in a hardback book containing over 60-pages of exclusive photographs from both Hyde Park and the 100 Club.

Click here to view and purchase the products.

See you at the front.
    Hoping I can find the deluxxxe set cheaper elsewhere, though I'd certainly be pleased with the initial CD release if there's at least a few songs from the Margate show. Failing that, I'll download...somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

Come back Blur!

Coachella 2013

Friday-Outkast/Yeah Yeah Yeahs/Massive Attack
    Saturday-Daft Punk/Aphex Twin/The Avalanches
    Sunday-Blur/The Stone Roses/My Bloody Valentine

7/22 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Prospect Park
    7/23 Witch @ MHOW
    7/24 Teenage Fanclub @ Pier 84
    7/24 Lauren Ritter @ TBA
    7/25 Nick Cave @ Prospect Park
    7/26 Cell Injection/Black Asteroid @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

I wish NBC would redeem themselves for their shitty Olympics coverage by showing this concert, uninterrupted, on their soccer channel or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Seriously!

Specials streaming now, blur next!

And now Bluuuuuuuuuuuur!
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

They sound great!
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

I really enjoy all the 13 tracks live

This is great

Country House!

I'm gonna miss these guys.

7/22 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Prospect Park
    7/23 Witch @ MHOW
    7/24 Teenage Fanclub @ Pier 84
    7/24 Lauren Ritter @ TBA
    7/25 Nick Cave @ Prospect Park
    7/26 Cell Injection/Black Asteroid @ Output

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

crowd o' zombies.

Seriously.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

The night after that was the Margate show, and that crowd was nuts.

Blur fucking killed it last night. Great show.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

has anyone identified a place to download rips of the box set dvds? I'm not sure of a good place to get video downloads now that demonoid is gone.

crowd o' zombies.
    It was filmed in a recording studio. I'm sure they were told not to get too wild. Margate was insane. Then again, Hyde Park was quite chilled compared to last time.
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Chris, what was your verdict on New Order? I enjoyed them but it didn't feel like it 100% clicked for whatever reason. It doesn't help that they have terrible stage presence and that the show wasn't very loud.

Bernard and his dad dancing doesn't help, and neither did the really low sound limits that Hyde Park enforces. I'm also not overly keen on the poppier renditions of Joy Division tracks. It was pleasant enough, but it's a downer knowing how great they have been in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    It was filmed in a recording studio. I'm sure they were told not to get too wild. Margate was insane. Then again, Hyde Park was quite chilled compared to last time.
    Just seeing those people in the front row when Damon is going off in front of them had me scratching my head. Looked like he was trying to get a reaction out of them, too.

I am loving Parklive
    Please play a few American shows :/

Blur does not get enough love in America for them to tour here. At least I saw them in 03. and 97. and 92.
    Because fucking millenials that's what

There is one place I know of that they would be welcomed with open arms

There is one place I know of that they would be welcomed with open arms
    My vagina?
    Because fucking millenials that's what

I wrote about Blur 21 for PopMatters, mostly as an excuse to extend a semi-critical eye to the rarities discs. Rather than post the entire thing, here's my five favorite songs from the archives...

1. “Death of a Party (Demo)”

“Death of a Party” turned up as a spooky organ-fuelled, full-band performance on Blur’s eponymous 1997 album, but the demo version of the song (recorded in 1992) was given to fans who subscribed to Blurb, the official fanzine, in 1996. The song was fairly complete in demo form, an acoustic run through with chilling harmonies, but it wasn’t until their post-Britpop comedown that the time was right to unleash the finished product.

2. “Far Out (Electric Version)”

Alex James’ spacy Syd Barrett-pastiche appeared in abbreviated form on 1994’s Parklife, but here the guitars and energy are turned up. It’s not necessarily a better version, but is every bit as intriguing.

3. “1”

Of the two tracks recorded in 2000 with Bill Laswell included on the box set, “1” is the most fully-formed, full of weird noises and chimes, and a laconic vocal from Albarn. It bears the sense of dread which pervades much of Blur’s later work, but in the best possible way.

4. “Dizzy”

One could argue which of the band’s earliest recordings best typifies what they were like when they were still called Seymour, but my money is on “Dizzy”, a song alternating between gently picked passages and spasms of kinetic energy. While Britain was in thrall to the Stone Roses and the Madchester scene, Seymour seemed completely oblivious (though later they’d adopt a few shuffle-beats in a half-hearted effort to latch on, their songs were never fully immersed in the ubiquitous sound of the day.)

5. “Seven Days”

Of the three songs here from the Andy Partridge sessions, “Seven Days” is the only one the band never re-recorded and re-released. It’s a testament to the strength of their material at the time that they could leave what could have at least been a quality album track or b-side with harmonies and a chorus which builds upon itself bit-by-bit from beginning to end.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Blur does not get enough love in America for them to tour here. At least I saw them in 03. and 97. and 92.
    If Pulp can tour here, Blur can tour here. And if Suede can do a one-off at Coachella, Blur can also do that.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post
    the demo version of the song (recorded in 1992) was given to fans who subscribed to Blurb, the official fanzine, in 1996.
    it's funny to think about how they might have distributed it in those days. and how it wasn't also immediately available to everyone who doesn't subscribe.