Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 LastLast

Thread: “It’s very possible I’ll go back to Blur, it really is very possible”

Default Re: “It’s very possible I’ll go back to Blur, it really is very possible”

With his appearance at Governor's Ball, I'm hoping for a short U.S. tour around the same time. I'd have to imagine he'd be more likely to spend the bulk of his time playing international fests and dates this year though, where he'll draw larger crowds in bigger venues.
    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Eat a dick on that or did I make too much sense for your mind to take

Default Re: “It’s very possible I’ll go back to Blur, it really is very possible”

I love that Brian Eno is going to sing a bit on the album.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Managed to attend the Sundance sets while passing through Utah. They were as good as you'd imagine. In general, though, Park City during Sundance is an absolute shitshow

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Farnsworth View Post
    With his appearance at Governor's Ball, I'm hoping for a short U.S. tour around the same time. I'd have to imagine he'd be more likely to spend the bulk of his time playing international fests and dates this year though, where he'll draw larger crowds in bigger venues.
    why would large crowds in big venues be his priority?

This is exciting. Always look forward to new projects from Albarn.

I know that Aitor Throup is this cool young designer, but that video was like some trade school animation student's school project.

9/18 Kode 9/Mala/DJ Spinn @ Verboten
    9/19 The Replacements @ Forest Hills Stadium
    9/19 Andy Stott/Function/Vatican Shadow/Demdike Stare @ Output
    9/20 There Will Be Blood Live @ United Palace

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    why would large crowds in big venues be his priority?
    It wouldn't be, necessarily. I just wonder why he'd bother playing to a couple hundred people here in the states when he could play to ten time that in the UK and overseas. Though I suppose when it came to side projects like TGTBTQ he never really gave a shit about playing larger shows, so who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Eat a dick on that or did I make too much sense for your mind to take

I'm skipping Governors Ball and putting that money toward a vacation with my daughter to England over the summer, so I'm definitely hoping for something from Albarn in a smaller setting. He played as sideman to Bobby Womack to a room of around 100 people at the Apple Store in Soho a couple of years ago on a promotional tour. I could definitely see him doing something along those lines when he's hyping his own album. And now that the Tonight Show is returning to NYC, that increases the promotional opportunities here. Something's gotta happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

album pre-orders are now available. but the double-vinyl costs $36.98. wtf.

there's also a CD+DVD version with the following tracklist. when the heck were those live videos recorded?

Everyday Robots DVD
    1. Track x Track Video (Bundle Only)
    2. Everyday Robots (live from Fox studios Los Angeles)
    3. Hostiles (live from Fox studios Los Angeles)
    4. Lonely Press Play (live from Fox studios Los Angeles)
    5. Hollow Ponds (libe from Fox studios Los Angeles)

they clearly feel like nobody would want both the vinyl and the dvd, because that would cost $56.96 and leave you with an extra copy of the cd.

thank goodness for piracy.

I definitely want the vinyl, but that's ridiculous. I'm waiting to see if it turns up on Amazon or Newbury or somewhere they might be a bit more gentle.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

this is quite good if you have half an hour on your hands. Damon walks us through some childhood places, which inspired the new album. includes some rehearsal footage of new songs and clips of the salt lake city performance.

http://bcove.me/ai1ovth4

given he is now announced for both Bonnaroo and Governer's Ball, a June tour seems likely.

Can't wait to see what that setlist is gonna look like.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Hey, it's something...

http://pitchfork.com/news/54140-damo...-15-new-songs/

Good news Blur fans: Damon Albarn told NME that they recorded 15 songs. The bad news: There's no album coming any time soon. "Just because you record 15 ideas doesn't mean that you've got an album," he said. Watch the interview below.
    Albarn's solo LP Everyday Robots is out April 28 in the UK and April 29 in the U.S. via Parlophone/Warner Bros.
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - The Zombies / Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

well at the very least we'll get some bonus disc of never-heard-before recordings on a 20th anniversary re-issue of something. or maybe just one or two tracks on a third best-of album.

2/28/14 - BBC Radio 6 Music Festival

1. Everyday Robots
    2. Hostiles
    3. Lonely Press Play
    4. Tomorrow Comes Today [Gorillaz]
    5. The Selfish Giant
    6. You and Me
    7. On Melancholy Hill [Gorillaz]
    8. Hollow Ponds
    9. Photographs (You Are Taking Now)
    10. Kingdom of Doom [The Good, the Bad, & the Queen]
    11. All Your Life [Blur]

Encore
    12. Mr. Tembo
    13. El Manana [Gorillaz]
    14. Heavy Seas of Love

Tonight

sxsw showcase
    March 12 @ Stubb's

Perfect Pussy
    7:50-8:20pm CT
    Eagulls
    8:40-9:20pm CT
    Kelis
    9:50-10:30pm CT
    St. Vincent
    11:00pm-12am CT
    Damon Albarn
    12:30am CT

Live stream: http://www.npr.org/event/music/27905...from-sxsw-2014

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

word is that Damon brought out Del, Dan the Automator, and Snoop at SXSW. which would make it the first time Damon has performed live with Del.
    Last edited by shakermaker113; 03-14-2014 at 06:48 PM.

9/21 - Arsis @ New Royal Dive
    10/28 - Tycho @ North Park Theatre
    10/30 - The Rural Alberta Advantage @ Soda Bar
    11/4 - United Nations @ Los Globos
    11/12 - DFA 1979 @ House Of Blues
    11/14 - The Presets @ North Park Theatre
    11/29 - Cake @ Del Mar

Cue people complaining about Gorillaz at Coachella. Sigh.

"That was going to be the last Blur show - the end of playing together - and I didn't want it to finish on anything other than a very positive note, because Blur is incredibly precious to all of us.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainm...ectid=11222339

That didn't explain anything. It can more or less be summarized as Damon saying "I've got a bad feeling about this" and backing out.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    That didn't explain anything. It can more or less be summarized as Damon saying "I've got a bad feeling about this" and backing out.
    haha I know...basically I think Damon wanted to promote his solo album instead of playing with Blur.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

This is just Damon being Damon. How many times now has this been "the last time" now?
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - The Zombies / Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

'Robots' is a pretty decent song and looking forward to the solo record.

And, ahhh, last year. Graham and Damon side-by-side hammering away at their guitars during the Beetlebum outro. (*bliss*).
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

Damon Albarn has said heroin was "incredibly creative" and helped to change him as a musician.

The Blur and Gorillaz frontman began taking the drug at the height of Britpop during his relationship with Elastica singer Justine Frischmann, before stopping at the end of the 1990s.

"I hate talking about heroin because of my family," Albarn told Q magazine. "But, for me, it was incredibly creative. It freed me up… A combination of that and playing simple, beautiful, repetitive shit in Africa changed me completely as a musician. I somehow managed to break out of something with my voice. I can only say heroin was incredibly productive for me."
    Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/damon-albarn...GXPf6RTFBfL.99

He seems more focused on Gorillaz as next project, said he has enough material to put out a new Gorillaz album next week http://www.concertfy.com/new-gorilla...nitely-happen/

he says next week, but he really means 2017.

ok... this setlist is starting to get me agitated. where the fuck are our west coast dates? he better not be playing treasure island.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasma Del Mar View Post
    You can actually see me several times in this video. I was literally freaking out the entire time. Then when Snoop came out… the entire crowd lost their goddamn mind. This is one of the greatest moments in live music I have ever witnessed.

EDIT: With that being said, I really wish they would have taken a BIT more time to mix this before putting it on youtube. Things didn't sound so wonky during the actual performance.
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Anyone else feel like we can probably stick a fork in Blur? Damon looks like he's having way more fun with his solo stuff, and if he's okay with playing the more popular Blur cuts on his own, what's the impetus to ever go back to that?

Also, apparently Graham Coxon gave a master class at Brighton a few weeks back and was listed in the literature as "ex-Blur guitarist Graham Coxon," which can't be good.