Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: “It’s very possible I’ll go back to Blur, it really is very possible”

Default Re: “It’s very possible I’ll go back to Blur, it really is very possible”

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    My vagina?
    I fucking knew it had arms. I knew it.

Default Re: “It’s very possible I’ll go back to Blur, it really is very possible”

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    If Pulp can tour here, Blur can tour here. And if Suede can do a one-off at Coachella, Blur can also do that.
    There are no more one-offs at Coachella. It would have to be a two-off.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    it's funny to think about how they might have distributed it in those days. and how it wasn't also immediately available to everyone who doesn't subscribe.
    It seems so quaint, doesn't it? All those issues of Blurb are part of the download that came with the CD box set. I've read the first two or three and they're pretty goofy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    If Pulp can tour here, Blur can tour here. And if Suede can do a one-off at Coachella, Blur can also do that.
    Ok, but Damon has to want to tour with Blur here. Damn Damon.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

Goddamn this sounds amazing...

Africa Express, the collective of some of the greatest African and Western musicians, is filling a train with 80 musicians and going on a musical adventure across mainland Britain September 3-8. Come and join us !

We are delighted that Tony Allen, Carl Barat, Toumani Diabate, Bashy, Nicolas Jaar, Krar Collective,
    Kyla La Grange, Maximo Park, M1 (Dead Prez), M.anifest, Spoek Mathambo, John McClure (Reverend and the Makers), Nneka, The Temper Trap, Marques Toliver, The Very Best (Soundsystem), Rizzle Kicks, Eliza Doolittle, Martina Topley-Bird, Maximo Park, Gruff Rhys, Lucy Rose, El, Gilles Peterson and Thandiswa
    are joining us on this journey. They join the existing lineup of musical legends & newcomers from Africa and the West already announced, which includes Amadou & Mariam, Damon Albarn, Baloji, Charli XC, Fatoumata Diawara, Jupiter & Okwess International, Kano, Bassekou Kouyate, Baaba Maal, The Noisettes, Jack Steadman (Bombay Bicycle Club), Rokia Traore, Nick Zinner (Yeah Yeah Yeahs) and many more.

The train leaves London on 2nd September as part of London 2012 Festival, travelling through England, Scotland and Wales. There are scheduled concerts in Middlesbrough, Glasgow, Manchester, Cardiff, Bristol & London as well as pop-up performances at railway stations, schools, factories, offices, shopping centres and homes. Stoke and Carlisle are among other places we plan to drop in at - and feel free to invite us to your school, workplace, home or community group if we are passing by (info@africaexpress.co.uk).

12/18 DJ Qu/Lauren Ritter @ Good Room
    12/19 Matthew Dear/Paco Osuna @ Verboten
    12/20 Solomun/Adriatique/David August @ TBA

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Damon Albarn performed with Bobby Womack at the Apple Store in Soho tonight (the Q&A and show were filmed and will supposedly be up on iTunes for free soon), and he was gracious enough to hang around and meet people after. Damon signed my vinyl copy of Modern Life is Rubbish and became really animated when I told him we'd gone over for the Margate show ("It was so hot in there!"). I asked if Blur might play in the U.S. and he said they were talking about it, but they'd only come if there was some demand for it. I assured him there would be.

Really nice guy, Damon.

Womack was absolutely brilliant, by the way.

That's INSANELY cool, Stupor. Jealousy abounds.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Awesome free show indeed! Nice pic Stuporfly! Bobby Womack's brilliant LP is one of my favorites from this year and I'm glad he's still got it. Everyone watch Booby/Damon/others on Jimmy Fallon this Friday! Maybe Damon will stop by ATP this weekend

ps I think they would have came here by now if they wanted to. They were never that big in the US like Oasis/Radiohead...

but we can only dream the Stones Roses/Blur being at Coachella 2013

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Maybe Damon will stop by ATP this weekend
    Considering Barry Hogan's irrational hatred of Blur, I'd doubt it.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

Lucky you, Crispin!
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

Seeing this made me want to bump this thread..

photo.jpg

From Blur's official Facebook page...

Thank you for waiting... Rock Werchter is about to announce that Blur will headline next July. We're excited.. hope to travel in 2013 to play to more of our lovely fans who we haven't seen for a while. Don't know where yet, we'll tell as soon as we do..
    Stand by..
    YES!

Primavera, perhaps?
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Primavera, perhaps?
    Perhaps! But I'm leaning towards Bjork for Monday's announcement!

Must attend! lol
    Upcoming Shows:
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields
    U2: 6/28 @ United Center

America!
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

yesssss.....!!!! this is great news!
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

Primavera, perhaps?
    I was thinking maybe Bestival, but are they too big for that?

Yeah, surely. I can't imagine they'll be back at Glastonbury already, so maybe Isle of Wight or just some arena shows.

On a related note, I wonder why Pulp still hasn't announced a proper tour to go along with that Sheffield date, which sold out in a jiffy.

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Really hoping for Coachella and I also would also fly to Chicago or the east coast for a show.

^

Same here... I'd go anywhere for a show - especially if it was on a weekend, so I could make a full trip of it.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Yeah, surely. I can't imagine they'll be back at Glastonbury already, so maybe Isle of Wight or just some arena shows.

On a related note, I wonder why Pulp still hasn't announced a proper tour to go along with that Sheffield date, which sold out in a jiffy.
    It's probably just a one off home town xmas show. Like those NYE ones The Flaming Lips do every year.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Primavera, perhaps?

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

something something tour.

Quote Originally Posted by pollstar.com
    Blur’s 2013 shows are expected to be more than a rerun of the act’s Olympic-closing concert in London’s Hyde Park, and appear to be turning into a global tour.
    “Blur is planning a relatively extensive world tour next year, including Europe, Japan, South America and Australia,” explained Ian Huffam of X-Ray Touring, who has already nailed shows at the Primavera Sound festivals in Barcelona, Spain, May 24, and in Oporto, Portugal, May 31.
    The European dates will likely run through to mid summer as the act has also announced it will play Belgium’s Rock Werchter, which runs July 4-7.
    “More as we know it…” says a note on the band’s Facebook page.
    http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=802977

SOUTH America? Are you kidding me?
    Upcoming Shows:
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields
    U2: 6/28 @ United Center

I am starting to get fucking annoyed

Sorry no US dates yet....

Our Hyde Park show, marking the close of the 2012 Olympic Games will be available on DVD from December 3rd. Check out the trailer here.

The 5 CD/DVD Parklive deluxe edition will also be available from December 3rd and will include best quality audio of the entire Hyde Park show, exclusive recordings of the 100 Club, BBC sessions, plus our live rooftop performance of Under the Westway and The Puritan, all presented in a 60 page hardback photo book
    http://shop.blur.co.uk/*/*/Parklive-...00000000?back=

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

5 discs is a bit fucking excessive.