Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: “It’s very possible I’ll go back to Blur, it really is very possible”

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Default Re: “It’s very possible I’ll go back to Blur, it really is very possible”

which greatest hits? lol.

it looks like the best of was, but midlife was not.

which makes sense. midlife was pretty pointless.
    Last edited by shakermaker113; 07-14-2012 at 09:56 PM.

Default Re: “It’s very possible I’ll go back to Blur, it really is very possible”

Oh man, I have been out of the loop. Didn't even realize we had new Blur music. Love these two songs. Have to ask, though, anyone else hearing "Whiter Shade of Pale" in Damon's piano during "Under the Westway"? You can really hear it 3:30 to 3:45. I know it's not identical; just awfully similar.

I hear that. It also really reminds me of "Mind Games" by John Lennon.

Looking forward to this...

Blur 21: The Exhibition

Venue:Londonewcastle Project Space
    Date:27th Jul - 14th Aug
    Opening times:TBC
    Entrance Fee:FREE
    Additional info:
    Full details on this exciting exhibition will be released week commencing 16th July

BLUR are holding an official exhibition to celebrate 21 years in the business. The stunning visual exhibition, including memorabilia from their career - will celebrate the 21st Anniversary of Blur’s debut album – Leisure, with images from their career taken by top pop photographers Pennie Smith and Kevin Cummins.
    More details to follow.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

Blur are to release their new single via an official CD on 6th August. After members of the official Blur forum petitioned for a CD release, the wish has finally been granted. The CD will be limited to 5000 copies worldwide and is a Blur store exclusive product.

The CD will include extra bonus tracks. Instrumental versions of 'Under the Westway' and 'The Puritan', plus an acoustic version of the leading title track.

http://shop.blur.co.uk/*/*/Under-the...J0000000?back=

7/22 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Prospect Park
    7/23 Witch @ MHOW
    7/24 Teenage Fanclub @ Pier 84
    7/24 Lauren Ritter @ TBA
    7/25 Nick Cave @ Prospect Park
    7/26 Cell Injection/Black Asteroid @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Graham Coxon is always busy. Soundtracking a flick about a fictional Britpop band:
    http://www.nme.com/news/graham-coxon...medium=twitter
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

So stoked!

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    Dang, dude - completely and utterly jealous. Please give us a full report!
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

lucky bastards.

My local record shop already has the individual vinyl reissues. They look fantastic, feel heavy and apparently come with download codes as well. They'd already sold out of Parklife, 13 and Think Tank, but they had the others. I'd convinced myself a few weeks ago that I was okay with just ordering the CD box set, but it was really difficult walking out of there without buying Leisure, Modern Life is Rubbish, The Great Escape and Blur on vinyl today...I may go back...

For the handful of us who care:

Blur Setlist at Winter Gardens, Margate, England -- Aug 1

Girls And Boys
    London Loves
    Tracy Jacks
    Jubilee
    Beetlebum
    Coffee & TV
    Out of Time
    Young & Lovely
    Sunday Sunday
    Country House
    Parklife
    Trimm Trabb
    Caramel
    Advert
    The Puritan
    Song 2
    No Distance Left to Run
    Tender
    This Is a Low

Encore:
    Sing
    Under The Westway
    Lot 105
    End of a Century
    For Tomorrow
    The Universal

Very happy to see they are playing "London Loves"

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

sonofhal, you need to give a full review of the show.
    July 29 - Boris
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSwan View Post
    Very happy to see they are playing "London Loves"
    Me too. I'm surprised "To the End" was omitted. One of their best IMO.

Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk
    NIN/Soundgarden/ - 8/14 - Austin 360
    Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town

Oh wow, I didn't notice that. Love that track. Def would rather hear it than a number of tracks on this set.

Easily my favorite Blur song. I'm thinking (hoping) we'll get "To the End" in the States. Assuming a tour happens, of course.

Tonight was epic. Need to shower. It was as hot as hell in there.

It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

the vinyl's looked amazing at Amoeba yesterday, but i had to set them back on the shelf. i'm going to try to buy a couple at a time. how limited are these?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/2&3 HARD Summer - 8/7 Arctic Monkeys@Staples - 8/8 Cut Copy@Brooklyn Bowl - 8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House

Quote Originally Posted by Gribbz View Post
    Easily my favorite Blur song. I'm thinking (hoping) we'll get "To the End" in the States. Assuming a tour happens, of course.
    lol @ US tour

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSwan View Post
    lol @ US tour
    Hey now...

when is your show blackswan? are you still going?

Margate was incredible. Will try to put it into words soon, though maybe not until we're back in Brooklyn on Sunday. Definitely one of the best show I've ever seen.

how could you go all the way over there and only see one show? don't think i could have, haha! if i were east coast based i would have told the wife there was no choice, i would be in the uk right now. west coast, 12+ hour flight, and the cost meant i just couldn't work it out. kinda worried about flying again, too, since last time i did i ended up in the hospital and on the lung transplant list due to the scare. blur would have been worth risking my life, though, such great memories of seeing them in the 90's. i am hedging my bets on at least a few more shows in the u.s. damon still needs to come back and show america some things.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 08-02-2012 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    when is your show blackswan? are you still going?
    I'm seeing them at Way Out West, so next Friday. I'm on a plane to Denmark right now.

Hoping London Loves makes it into a festival set.

"London Loves" was one of many songs in the set where I found myself just floored that I was hearing this music performed live. It was an incredible night.

A few asides...

Damon was talking about how his mother had tried years ago to get him to pull his trousers up, and it was still a problem for him. And he went on about, "Am I alone in this, or does it happen to anyone else?" And maybe the this time he said, "Am I alone, Graham solemnly said, "We're all alone," which seemed like a pretty Graham thing to say.

During "End of the Century," Damon changed the line about "as you get closer to thirty" to "as you get closer to fifty" and pointed at himself. It was pretty corny, but not as awful as it sounds.

It was so fucking hot in there that the walls were damp, and I think it might have been responsible for some of the guitar problems Graham had midway through the set. He was pretty bummed out about it and eventually threw a cup of beer at his amp. This got him a big hug from Damon.

All four of them looked to be having the time of their lives, which was especially fun to see.

In the unlikely event they actually hold together and play in the US some time, I will be happy if I never get the chance to see Blur again. I don't mind just seeing this one show on this run because I can't imagine anything more perfect and wonderful. It really was one of the best gigs I've ever seen.

coachella 2013.

how could you go all the way over there and only see one show? don't think i could have, haha! if i were east coast based i would have told the wife there was no choice, i would be in the uk right now. west coast, 12+ hour flight, and the cost meant i just couldn't work it out. kinda worried about flying again, too, since last time i did i ended up in the hospital and on the lung transplant list due to the scare. blur would have been worth risking my life, though, such great memories of seeing them in the 90's. i am hedging my bets on at least a few more shows in the u.s. damon still needs to come back and show america some things.
    Tickets were not exactly easy to get hold of. All the shows sold out in seconds.

A few more pics from Wed.

I wonder where they stuck the cheese.

Acoustic version of Under the Westway is very lovely. Thanks again, Crispin!

Only too happy to oblige, sir. And it really is lovely, isn't it?