Page 1 of 17 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: “It’s very possible I’ll go back to Blur, it really is very possible”

Default “It’s very possible I’ll go back to Blur, it really is very possible”

Two threads by Alchemy today! How could I not post about this?

Link.

Damon Albarn likes the idea of a Blur reunion
    By Alex Young on November 6th, 2008

What’s this about the Damon Albarn discussing the prospects of a Blur reunion? Between the Monkey shenanigans and forthcoming Gorillaz release, it seems almost unfathomable to think the British musician is considering taking on another high-profile project. But in a recent interview with the BBC, the former Blur frontman hinted at just that - a reunion of his main outfit.

After recently having lunch with former bandmate Graham Coxon, Albarn now believes a reunion of Blur could “be in the cards.” While previous get-togethers among members of the group were downplayed as nothing more than “enjoyable lunches” and even resulted in one such response by the Grammy-award winning frontman that proclaimed “Blur is over” after rumors began to suggest the contrary, it now appears the 40-year-old Albarn has a change of heart.

“It’s very possible I’ll go back to Blur, it really is very possible,” Albarn told the BBC, though he refused to go into any specifics, “the truth be known Graham and I have been hanging out together a bit. We had lunch the other day…He’s great, it’s fantastic to get my old friend back. So it’s good but I can’t really say any more than that.”

Coxon left Blur in 2002 and shortly thereafter the band disbanded following the release of 2003’s Think Tank. Since then, the guitarist has had a fairly successful solo career, which most recently included a collobartion with Pete Doherty for the former Babyshambles frontman’s upcoming solo album.

Before the idea of a Blur reunion is entertained however, Albarn appears firm in finishing his current endeavors, which includes the release of the Gorillaz’s long-awaited follow up to 2005’s Demon Days. “I’m halfway through the next Gorillaz album at the minute,” he went on to explain in the interview. “That’s going to be interesting and different again. This next time around there will be a lot going on in it.” The album is rumored to see release in March.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

Default Re: “It’s very possible I’ll go back to Blur, it really is very possible”

oh man. sweet. gorillaz 09, and blur '10

Default Re: “It’s very possible I’ll go back to Blur, it really is very possible”

i think this source is a little more reliable

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/mu...00/7710537.stm

Great news!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

blur reminds me 2003, when one could simply walk up to the front of the main stage.
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

i saw blur at Field Day in 03...it was one of the few good things about the festival

I am 100% for Blur.

2010 will be the year of Pulp and Blur reunions, and when Daft Punk and Arcade Fire return.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

That would be very cool...

It really, really, really could happen
    Yes, it really, really, really could happen

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Ooooh, yes please.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Gorillaz new album in March? Def a shoo in for Coach....maybe next year for Blur...
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

would much rather see the gorillaz. I love the gorillaz(top 10 bands) and i love gbq but i have never for some reason listened to blur.
    Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Make up rumors of who's playing > keep track of who's confirmed > whine about where the lineup is > lineup announced! > bitch about how the lineup sucks > whine about what bands will be added > bands finally added! > whine about where set times are > set times finally announced! > bitch about how set times suck > goto show > come back and say Coachella was best ever! > start rumors for next year

Quote Originally Posted by mvanwinkle View Post
    would much rather see the gorillaz. I love the gorillaz(top 10 bands) and i love gbq but i have never for some reason listened to blur.
    maybe you should check them out

in my mind, Blur and 13 are artistically ambitious masterpieces, that stray far from their early Britpop roots, with Parklife very nearly behind those two
    '99-'11...

If you want to truly understand Blur, listen to Parklife.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

how many times have there been "it could happen" and "it won't happen" headlines since 2003? fuck. don't the press ever get bored of rotating between those two stories fuck. I wish they'd just wait until there's actually something to talk about.

Hippie

Quote Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
    in my mind, Blur and 13 are artistically ambitious masterpieces, that stray far from their early Britpop roots, with Parklife very nearly behind those two
    Yep. Those are the three best. I would love to see Blur, even more than Gorillaz.

Gorillaz album, tour(?), then Blur reunion...

Doesn't seem that unlikely of a timetable.
    05-12.2

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bballarl View Post
    If you want to truly understand Blur, listen to Parklife.
    truly their best work.....
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

I always go back to BLUR.

Quote Originally Posted by mvanwinkle View Post
    Gorillaz is really great, and so are all of Albarn's other projects.

However...

Damon Albarn's full power is only unleashed when Graham Coxon is present. Which is why Blur transcends all levels.

They have a pretty good compilation: The Best of Blur (the cover looks like my user image). I recommend Parklife and then Blur and then The Great Escape and then 13 and then Leisure and then Modern Life is Rubbish. All are different, all are great.

Think Tank has some cool stuff too, but Graham Coxon is like... in 1 song "Battery in Your Leg"... which is one of the best Blur songs at any rate.
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

pitchfork said it well:

"There won't be another [Gorillaz] pop record."

-- Damon Albarn to BBC2's Steve Wright, April 19, 2007

"Gorillaz is making an album."

-- Damon Albarn to CBC's Sarah Liss, September 17, 2008 (and to Pitchfork, more or less)

"Blur is over."

-- Damon Albarn to Argentinean newspaper Clarín, September 5, 2008

"It's very possible I'll go back to Blur, it really is very possible."

-- Damon Albarn to the BBC this week [via Idolator]

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP THIS MAN, CLEARLY HE IS VERY CONFUSED.
    and that only spans two years. if you look back longer, the trend continues.

Damon Albarn is quite possibly the yummiest frontman ever in the history of yummy frontmen. Oh yeah, and he's talented. And apparently manic depressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Blur>Gorillaz

I need to see Blur one day.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

First reunion setlist....

She’s So High
    Girls And Boys
    Tracy Jacks
    There’s No Other Way
    Jubilee
    Badhead
    Beetlebum
    Trimm Trabb
    Coffee & TV
    Tender
    Country House
    Charmless Man
    Colin Zeal
    Oily Water
    Chemical World
    Sunday Sunday
    Parklife
    End Of A Century
    To The End
    This Is A Low
    ———
    Popscene
    Advert
    Song 2
    Out Of Time
    Battery In Your Leg
    Essex Dogs
    For Tomorrow
    The Universal
    Oh, yeahhhh!
    */* Your Wall @ Your House

Quote Originally Posted by Kool-Aid Man View Post
    First reunion setlist....

She’s So High
    Girls And Boys
    Tracy Jacks
    There’s No Other Way
    Jubilee
    Badhead
    Beetlebum
    Trimm Trabb
    Coffee & TV
    Tender
    Country House
    Charmless Man
    Colin Zeal
    Oily Water
    Chemical World
    Sunday Sunday
    Parklife
    End Of A Century
    To The End
    This Is A Low
    ———
    Popscene
    Advert
    Song 2
    Out Of Time
    Battery In Your Leg
    Essex Dogs
    For Tomorrow
    The Universal
    Damn I want that!!

I would die!
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Country House and Sunday Sunday? Holy shit.

Oily Water!!!

In honor of Blur being back, I am going to have a Blur day... Haven't listened to them in ages.

I want to see them so fucking bad.