Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920 LastLast

Thread: The Official Electronic New Years Eve thread

Default Re: The Official Electronic New Years Eve thread

Sander Kleinenberg at the Avalon was awesome. I was a little too drunk to be working my camera properly but I managed to get a few photos:

Quote Originally Posted by hannibul View Post
    It was NOT over when the germans bombed Pearl Harbor!
    '06, '07, '08, '09, '11!

Quote Originally Posted by feather View Post
    Patsfan passed out after a night at work
    That is soo cute! I'm always the one to pass out on the floor, I feel you Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by barbaratheninja View Post
    HOLY SHIT! Wow
    Last edited by sbessiso; 01-02-2009 at 04:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by StillDancing View Post
    TAO truly was on the epic scale

Remember at the main stage, when they were about to reach midnight, then remember those clips of Obama that they played, remember when Obama said "tonight is your night" up on the megascreen? THAT was amazing
    that does not sound amazing in any way whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by leo01g View Post
    DnB stage was so fun! it was insane but i just thought it was weird how they had so many people moshing.
    cause they don't know how to dance.

UT, TS, UT,TS, UT, TS, UT, TS.........Yea that shit sucks!!!! Electronica is great.......if your fucked up on E, and don't bore easily. I can be a Dj too, but I will need the following: DRUGS
    Whole shit load of vynil
    Two turn tables & a microphone
    Some stupid ass E-tarted fans
    12 hrs of playing time
    Oh yea and ....................adoration from you E-tards for passing off someone elses tallent and hard work, & creativity as my own. Just like all those talentless DJs you E-tards love.
    Last edited by SEEDYMIG420; 01-02-2009 at 11:54 PM. Reason: more to add.

^^Alot of DJ's Produce their own records and make their own music too, just in case you have NO IDEA what u are talkin about, but its all good, your just ignorant

Resident DnB Encyclopedia Donaldj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SEEDYMIG420 View Post
    Whole shit load of vynil
    12 hrs of playing time
    It's spelled vinyl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Semantic View Post
    If there was a Frank Lucas of DnB links, Donald would be him...

Donald is not only the Frank Lucas of the board, but also the resident Buddha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    All in favor of an Underworld / High Contrast US co-tour say "AYE!"
    "Real Drum & Bass is not something that sounds like a 17 year old rock band who have just listened to Slipmatt on their first E & decided to make Drum & Bass" - Marcus Intalex

http://soundcloud.com/donaldj-1/jind...pect-8-16-2012

A lot of haters came into this thread, TAO was amazing, one night I will truely remember forever, between armin bringing in countless vocal artists and deadmau5 playing a face melting set, what a night...I finally find myself fully recovering from that night today when I woke up LMAO!
    it's better to live as if there are no "do-overs," so that you won't need one. I thought I'd share this with you, to work in the bits about fear, mistakes, and how precious today's opportunities are.

UT, TS, UT,TS, UT, TS, UT, TS.........Yea that shit sucks!!!! Electronica is great.......if your fucked up on E, and don't bore easily. I can be a Dj too, but I will need the following: DRUGS
    Whole shit load of vynil
    12 hrs of playing time
    Oh yea and ....................adoration from you E-tards for passing off someone elses tallent and hard work, & creativity as my own. Just like all those talentless DJs you E-tards love.
    you're an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by trancehiphop View Post
    A lot of haters came into this thread, TAO was amazing, one night I will truely remember forever, between armin bringing in countless vocal artists and deadmau5 playing a face melting set, what a night...I finally find myself fully recovering from that night today when I woke up LMAO!
    you too are an idiot.

How was M.A.N.D.Y.?

Quote Originally Posted by nationocean View Post
    So...

Giant Maximus was a very unorganized cash grab. As I know many promoters in LA as well as the people at Giant.. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Just a few things:

the 'electric carnival' was nothing more than just one terribly lit ferris wheel that broke a couple hours after the event opened up. nothing else at the event was close to being glowing or electric.

shots came in plastic cups the size of a cough syrup cap and were 10 dollars each

4 total bathrooms for each sex, from my estimates that's one bathroom per 1,750 people. the four lines were 30mins to an hour long wait. when i was in the main tent, an asian girl literally just pissed in the middle of the tent. People were peeing in bottles and throwing them.

.. but other than that, moby and benny were pretty good. i just think it's a joke what a cash grab all these events have become. HARD and GIANT both over charge, over sell to dangerous capacities just to have as much money come in. But this year, the event was barely half full, if that. People were angry and this might just burn Giant in the long run. I can only hope.
    I despise giant maximus...it seems to have gotten worse each year. One year was enough for me to turn my back on them forever. One thing going for hard is that they book well...and hard 13 is only $30 and I don't think they will sell 10,000 tickets to it like they did for haunted mansion.
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

Whole shit load of vynil
    12 hrs of playing time

hahaha....ya spinning a 9 hour set is easy and talentless...your such a moron lol.
    NYE 08 unforgetable
    Shows :
    DJ HEADSTRUCK - 1/31/09 - Mr. Dylanjas house
    Hard 13 - 3/13/09 - LA Shrine!
    Coachella - April 17,18,19
    NIN/Jane's Addiction - Phoenix, AZ - 5/15
    Kings Of Leon - Mesa Amphitheatre, Mesa, AZ - May 19, 2009
    The Crystal Method - May 26 2009 - 8:00P-House of Blues-San Diego, CA
    MGMT-Prospect Park Bandshell- Brooklyn, NY - JULY 1st
    Deadmau5 - Marquee Theater - Phoenix, AZ - Nov 2nd

Whole shit load of vynil
    12 hrs of playing time
    chill out dude

!!!
    Last edited by trancehiphop; 12-10-2009 at 02:21 PM.
    it's better to live as if there are no "do-overs," so that you won't need one. I thought I'd share this with you, to work in the bits about fear, mistakes, and how precious today's opportunities are.

Quote Originally Posted by crazzz2007 View Post
    you're an idiot.

you too are an idiot.
    Yeah...I'm an idiot for having a great time with friends...now go fucking kill yourself for trying to bring down my high, but guess what you worthless twat..YOU WON'T cause I don't give a fuck what you think cause you have no reasoning nor logic behind your hate speech, you my friend...are a TOOL!
    What u had fun and crazz jerked off his best friend all night...crazz is totally cooler
    NYE 08 unforgetable
    Shows :
    DJ HEADSTRUCK - 1/31/09 - Mr. Dylanjas house
    Hard 13 - 3/13/09 - LA Shrine!
    Coachella - April 17,18,19
    NIN/Jane's Addiction - Phoenix, AZ - 5/15
    Kings Of Leon - Mesa Amphitheatre, Mesa, AZ - May 19, 2009
    The Crystal Method - May 26 2009 - 8:00P-House of Blues-San Diego, CA
    MGMT-Prospect Park Bandshell- Brooklyn, NY - JULY 1st
    Deadmau5 - Marquee Theater - Phoenix, AZ - Nov 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by coldstart View Post
    Sander Kleinenberg at the Avalon was awesome. I was a little too drunk to be working my camera properly but I managed to get a few photos:

these are cool pics.

Yeah...I'm an idiot for having a great time with friends...now go fucking kill yourself for trying to bring down my high, but guess what you worthless twat..YOU WON'T cause I don't give a fuck what you think cause you have no reasoning nor logic behind your hate speech, you my friend...are a TOOL!
    retard

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyMatador View Post
    What u had fun and crazz jerked off his best friend all night...crazz is totally cooler
    english please

Quote Originally Posted by kitt kat View Post
    these are cool pics.
    Definitely agree.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i had fun at TAO, thankfully we got in quickly. props to ally for giving us the bat route and for randy and i being smart enough to just bang a u-ey (how do you even spell that?!) on a side street and not wait in the giant line to the parking lot.

the dnb stage setup was awesome. i loved that there was grass and sleepy hallowesque trees, but also cement areas where you could actually dance. the fog was a nice touch. i forgot how much i like marcus intalex, but how much he really belongs at the end of an evening or as an opener, it's just too downtempo for me. i kept wanting to dance and had trouble since it's in that weird not slow enough, but not fast enough range. good set, just not quite danceable enough for me though and i was really itching to dance.

pendulum (el hornet) on the other hand was just awful. thankfully it was more danceable, but it's so strange how dnb has progressed to this. i guess it's good that it's become so big, but i wish that someone else would have been in the headliner spot.

armin sucked balls and i couldn't believe how cliche it was to play that "new years day" song by U2 at midnight. fucking lame. being in the crowd in the arena at midnight was beautiful though, we ended up heading over at the last minute since i thought the fireworks were in there (sounds insane, but they were in 03). i couldn't believe the number of people. i'm glad to see that our scene has grown so large. in 2003, i remember being able to walk around in the arena on the floor, but i couldn't have imagined that this year.

i am finding it's harder for me to deal with random e-tards and such as i get older. i absolutely hate the guys that think that just because you're dancing, you must want to dance WITH them. all the people trying to get rid of their cigs in line before they threw them away was funny too. everyone around me was like "WANT A CIGARETTE, WANT A CIGARETTE", NO!!!!!!!!!!

all-in-all, great time and glad to see all the people i saw. i just wish i hadn't killed one of my toes dancing, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    the dnb stage setup was awesome. i loved that there was grass and sleepy hallowesque trees, but also cement areas where you could actually dance. the fog was a nice touch. i forgot how much i like marcus intalex, but how much he really belongs at the end of an evening or as an opener, it's just too downtempo for me. i kept wanting to dance and had trouble since it's in that weird not slow enough, but not fast enough range. good set, just not quite danceable enough for me though and i was really itching to dance.

pendulum (el hornet) on the other hand was just awful. thankfully it was more danceable, but it's so strange how dnb has progressed to this. i guess it's good that it's become so big, but i wish that someone else would have been in the headliner spot.
    I understand what you're saying about Marcus Intalex but I always giggle when people talk about down tempo D&B. Speaking from purely a Beats Per Minute standpoint the style of music he plays is just as fast as the other sub genres of Drum & Bass. The thing that I enjoy is that it's more groovy. A lot of people who like Drum & Bass are drawn more to the aggressive, hit you over the head style.

I didn't watch any of El Hornet spin. I really can't stand that "clown-step/jump up/arena anthem" style of Drum & Bass he plays.

"Real Drum & Bass is not something that sounds like a 17 year old rock band who have just listened to Slipmatt on their first E & decided to make Drum & Bass" - Marcus Intalex

hey, i never claim to be a dj or know specifics about how tracks are made, i just know what's fun to dance to and what's not. unfortunately for me, the slower sounding stuff is not. pendulum is too over the top, i like something inbetween.

From the reviews here and the pictures of that madhouse, I think I'm glad I stayed home NYE. Glad those that went had a good time though.

Now Bassnectar a few nights before...THAT was right up my ally. From strictly a musical perspective, I haven't been that tantalized in quite a while.

Hehe, I know I'm just teasing you. Most of the DJs at these massives all play "Jump Up" Drum & Bass. The name is retarded, and at one point it was considered derogatory, but the name fits because most people just want to jump around to Drum & Bass. This style is without a doubt my least favorite to dance too or hear but ironically what I hear the most at these things.

I guess as an example I really like dancing to minimal techno at a party but I can't really listen to it for very long outside of that setting .

i totally understand. i enjoy more downtempo sounding or melodic dnb i guess you'd call if i'm just sitting around listening. but i like something that gets me bouncy at a show

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    armin sucked balls and i couldn't believe how cliche it was to play that "new years day" song by U2 at midnight. fucking lame.
    Pendulum played "new years day" as well.

It took me over 1/2 hour to get in with a VIP ticket. There was only a couple of hundred people in line, but it just wasn't moving.

Anyway, didn't get in there 'til about 11:30; grabbed a drink and headed over to the DnB stage. I thought Pendulum was pretty good. Drink. Saw some of Deadmau5's set. Drink.

I was in a bad mood for some reason, so it's probably good I didn't run into you guys. I don't want to bring anyone down on NYE.
    Upcoming shows:

yeah, i was pretty tired myself. i woke up at like 4am on NYE, lame.

missed deadmau5, but saw him walk in and take pics with people.

I liked Deadmau5. Mark didn't. We were in the house tent for awhile during Junior Sanchez. He was great!

Quote Originally Posted by All Your Base View Post
    THAT was right up my ally.
    That's what Ally said.
    Last edited by Mr. Dylanja; 01-05-2009 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    That's what Ally said.
    So much joy in this thread.