Thread: the smiths?

Default Re: the smiths?

fuck that
    Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Make up rumors of who's playing > keep track of who's confirmed > whine about where the lineup is > lineup announced! > bitch about how the lineup sucks > whine about what bands will be added > bands finally added! > whine about where set times are > set times finally announced! > bitch about how set times suck > goto show > come back and say Coachella was best ever! > start rumors for next year

I could die happily if I heard "Last of the Famous International Playboys" live.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowbird404 View Post
    I want to go but fuck, thats a lot of money...

never heard of them.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

...so the pollstar article pretty much retold what the Sun has already said.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    ...so the pollstar article pretty much retold what the Sun has already said.
    You'd think people that possibly get paid to do this shit for a living would at least do a simple google search with the words "smiths reunion" and not just... copy and paste an article.
    "Choke on that Causality!"

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I don't give a shit if the Killers are playing; I'll watch something else-even if it's watching the poor churro man get trampled by stoners.

Quote Originally Posted by Californicator View Post
    I could die happily if I heard "Last of the Famous International Playboys" live.
    Considering that's a Morrissey solo song, that'll be something that'll happen sooner than a Smiths/Morrissey-Marr reunion.

As with any Bowie rumors, a Smiths reunion is something I will believe when I see it.

Also, a live version of LOTFIP is on the bonus disc of Morrissey's recent "Greatest Hits" album.

I think a lot of it is just hype for the November 10th release of "The Sounds of The Smiths" Compilation.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

That's a good point future. It is curious that all this hype is surfacing now that a new release is right around the corner.

(2006, gigwise.com interview) When asked why he would not reform with The Smiths, Morrissey responded "I feel as if I’ve worked very hard since the demise of The Smiths and the others haven’t, so why hand them attention that they haven’t earned? We are not friends, we don’t see each other. Why on earth would we be on a stage together?"

Just last year promoters were throwing monopoly money at Morrissey to no avail ($75 mil for a 50 date world tour). The guy seems like he simply doesn't care.

^^^ your new avi threw me off bigtime!^^^^

can't we put the rumors down for a bit, at least until these rumors are closer to the festival announcement time, it's cruel and unusual punishment to any smiths fan (which i am)
    ~~~COACHELLA 2007- 2011~~~

Originally Posted by humanoid
    Coachella is much better enjoyed with a sense of absolute freedom...

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Yeah, I'm sneaky like that. Agree on the rumors, though I'm not helping the situation. Raising my own anxiety levels months before any official announcement

Who knows maybe this is the year they do it. Only time would tell. I would die happy because I was too young to see the Smiths but have seen Morrissey many times since 91 and I have seen Johnny Marr play with The The opening for Depeche Mode and with Modest Mouse, but to have them bury the hatchet for one show would make people happy worldwide. If they would only realize how important they were and are to so many maybe it would change their minds.