Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: True Blood

Default Re: True Blood

welcome to the fold, Tessa.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Ransom View Post
    ok, i hope godric doesnt sacrifice himself and jump in front of others to save them from the bomb.
    this synopsis was posted a page back
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonen View Post
    True Blood Episode 9 “I Will Rise Up”
    (August 16)
    A wounded Eric plays Sookie for a sucker, to Bill’s dismay, and ends up getting inside her head. Later, Sookie and Jason bond over their recent adventures. Blaming Eggs for Tara’s bruises and bizarre behavior, Lafayette and Lettie Mae try to figure out a way to pry their kin from Maryann’s clutches. Hoyt defends his relationship with Jessica to Maxine, to no avail. Jailed by Bud along with a group of Bon Temps revelers, Sam looks for a way to escape and avoid capture by an increasingly obsessed Maryann. In Dallas, Eric and the vampires defend their recent actions to Nan Flanagan and are shocked when Godric decides to take the fall for their PR disaster.
    Also,
    Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    Godric is quickly becoming one of the most interesting characters in the show. I love the interplay between him and Eric, and I'm really curious about his and Jason's apparent fascination with each other.
    SPOILERS
    One of Jason & Sookie's grandparents was a fairy. As a result, some of this grandparent's descendants may possess special powers - Sookie is a telepathe, Jason we're not sure yet (but he's great in the sack, right?). Also, a fairy's blood is exotic to vampires (why Lorena remarked that Barry's blood tasted different). I get the feeling that Godric, being super old with super keen senses, sniffed the fairy blood in Jason and thus, his intrigue.

Quote Originally Posted by tessalasset View Post
    i just started this show today and the first two episodes are better than the entire twilight series. i think my obsession has finally changed.
    See... when you pay attention to something other than literature written for 12 year olds... you might find yourself appreciating something other than literature written for 12 year olds.

Quote Originally Posted by bleep View Post
    this synopsis was posted a page back
    dude, stop with the spoilers!
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Ransom View Post
    dude, stop with the spoilers!
    my excitement for this show sometimes gets the better of me.

only 4 episodes left. whatever am i supposed to do thereafter?

I'm enjoying the spoilers. Also bleep, where did you find those MS Paints a few pages back?

Quote Originally Posted by sames44 View Post
    I'm enjoying the spoilers. Also bleep, where did you find those MS Paints a few pages back?
    here. the only thread of any value on that entire forum.

crashed a friend's pad to watch tonight's ep...
    eric is such a rascal. but i love him. and tonight's ending made me a little teary-eyed. sigh. in other news, how the fuck are they gonna do Maryann in?

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Oh god episode please get online soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

worst episode of the season....Still brilliant though

I saw my first episode of this last night. I'm hooked. I don't even know what's going on most of the time, but I suspect I just found something to fill my unemployed time. Hot damn.

:'(

Well I guess now we know what was up with the preview showing Sookie in bed with a blonde.

who else was hoping that the camera would pan down a little lower to reveal the lower half of Eric's body in that scene? not even a buttocks shot, what a tease!

He is a slice of deep-fried sex, that's for sure.

I can't wait for Maryann to go down. How horrible was her tempting Lettie Mae?
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

fuck that bitch, I don't care about her. she plagued the first season with her lame alcoholic drama. i say she dies.

I don't like Eggs(Tara's boyfriend). He makes too many excuses for Mary Ann's behavior. Tara talks back to Mary Ann. Eggs just folds.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixiessp View Post
    I don't like Eggs(Tara's boyfriend). He makes too many excuses for Mary Ann's behavior. Tara talks back to Mary Ann. Eggs just folds.
    Yeah I was rooting on Lafayette when he was beating up on Eggs!

I love Lafayette.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

He's pretty great. Overall the episode wasn't spectacular but it did make me cry, so there's that.

Lafayette made the episode with his beat down of Eggs. The preview of next weeks episode looks great finally they get back to Bon Temps, and have to deal with with the God of Orgies. I can't wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

Yeah this ep was a bit less batshit crazy than last weeks. Lafayette was awesome sauce, good to see since he's been a little left out since he got out of Eric's basment. Tara was scary as fuck when they were trying to cram her into that car, all calling out for Maryann like a child being pryed from it's mother or something. Creepy. And Maryann was a bitch and a half with that vodka business up in Lettie Mae's face, but it sure made me thirsty. Although it seems to be taking place in a whole other universe (feels very first season to me), I am in love with Hoyt and Jessica. They are adorable and Hoyt was fucking hot standing up for her and telling off his mom. I thought the Godric thing was a bit over the top, and those 80's special effects were distracting. I thought all the stuff between Eric and Sookie was very cheeky and fun in a way we don't get with Bill and Sookie as he is always too busy being tormented with his lot and whatnot. That dream sequence was steamy (well except for whatsherface trying to get in on the action). Should be interesting to see how stuff unfolds there. Meanwhile back in Bon Temps.... can't wait to see how Sookie & Co. freak when they find out what's been goin down since they've been gone. Will Sookie and Sam save the day since they're "supes" and can't be swayed by Maryann's madness?! Can't wait.

No way Sam saves the day, he's the one who needs saving.

ok i just caught up. holy shit. time to read this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

how far have you caught up, Tessa?

through episode 9. i am current now. i just watched almost 2 seasons in 2 days.

impressive. very.

i was talking about it with my friend last night and i really think something is up with eggs. i don't think he's just another tara-type person maryanne brought under her wing. and something's weird with carl. when he handed them the towels as they were about to kiss at the pool... i felt like he was trying to stop something bad from happening. altho they haven't gone further with that anymore so maybe not.

and another friend just asked me now: bill or eric.

while i sort of agree with that article a page ago, and it made me laugh, i love sookie and bill together way too much. i'm not opposed to sookie and eric's relationship... i think she brings out a really good side in him. i just wish he would find his own human and leave bill alone. such a shitty trick he played on her. but then... is that why she's attracted to bill in the first place? cause she drank his blood? who knows.

this show is what i wanted twilight to always be but of course it couldn't.

jared, i contribute a large amount of my twilight obsession to my former boss who kind of shoved it down my throat. now that i am out of her grasp, i don't care about it nearly as much as this show. it's funny...she has no idea what she's missing.

oh and i'm bummed about godric. that was way too fast of an arc for him. he's gonna be in the new twilight movie i heard.

finally got to watch this one. sucks about godrich though. he definitely needed more time on the show, but oh well...

eric is an asshole. if i were bill id steak him in the fucking heart...better that then my girl having dirty dreams about him every night.

cant believe theres only 3 episodes left. i cant wait till mary ann goes down. i have no idea how it will happen, since she seems to be immortal (i was hoping godrich would help them), but i'm sure they'll find some way to end that bitch. ill miss the orgies though...
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

damn tessa, that was fast.

i agree, it was lame to kill godrich so fast... his death would have been more meaningful if we'd actually been able to spend 5 minutes with him!