Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: True Blood

Default Re: True Blood

I think the Laffayette selling V thing will be lost since I'm pretty sure they only made him do it to find Goddrich but who knows it would be much better to use it as yall have said
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

i went out of town for the last few days so i started reading the books. of course i can only read til almost the end of the second book cause it's 1 book per season.

can i just say... props to whoever read this and was inspired to make an entire episodic tv show about it, cause these books really are not that great. if you think sookie is slightly irritating on the show...oh jesus don't read the books.

alan ball took HUGE artistic licenses with the show, thank god. in the book, there is no tara, hardly any jason, lafayette dies in the car, bill practically rapes sookie, godric was just some lame vampire who wanted to die, not the sheriff, crazy maenad woman came right out and told sookie what she was right before she slashed her, and sookie is constantly wanting to get it on with sam. like a legitimate love triangle. i dunno, i guess some things are minor, and maybe i'm just used to the show's version, but alan ball did WONDERS with the direction of the show. light years better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

i attempted to read the first book one lazy afternoon and couldn't get past the first few pages. yes, thank goodness Alan Ball and his team of writers have chosen to deviate from the books quite a bit. in the books, i believe godric was a pedophile and willingly went to the church to atone, yes? maybe i'll try the books again to quench my thirst for TB once the second season ends. or maybe not.

tonight!!!!

yeah he was some horrible after thought. they weren't even trying to save him from the church. it was some other hick vampire named Farrel, who was described like Stan in the show. and then the character Stan in the book was the sheriff of dallas area and was a little dweeby kid with glasses and a pocket protector. godric went by godfrey and he had no point in the book at all. altho he did save sookie from gabe and sookie watched him meet the sun in the church parking lot.

there was no final vampire confrontation in the church. some shapeshifter named luna helped sookie escape in her car and got her back to the hotel before anything went down. so weird.

Weird. I like that the tv show doesn't follow the books exactly, though. Means that people can't be just giving out spoilers willy-nilly.

Bill is looking mighty fine again.

BULLSHIT, GOD HAS HORNS.
    Last edited by bleep; 08-23-2009 at 08:37 PM.

also, Sookie's "spark" w/ Maryanne - Eric's blood in her? her mind-reading powers coming to a head against Maryanne's mind-control powers? what that heck was that?

The ending to this week's episode was awesome, the Queen of Louisiana?

Nice.

Also, Jason was in ridiculous form in this episode, hilarious..

Disclosure - October 12 - Reno, NV.
    Treasure Island Music Festival - October 19 - San Francisco, CA.
    Portugal, The Man - October 22 - Reno, NV.
    Cut Copy - October 31 - Reno, NV.
    Phoenix w/ Alt-J - December 5 - Reno, NV.

COACHELLA '07, '08, '09, '11, '13

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    No, Sookie sucked his bullets out and got some blood down her. Eric didn't bite her, she's Bill's human so he can't.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    I like that you can suck bullets out in this show. Ha. Sookie's such a dumbass.

haha

Disclosure - October 12 - Reno, NV.
    Treasure Island Music Festival - October 19 - San Francisco, CA.
    Portugal, The Man - October 22 - Reno, NV.
    Cut Copy - October 31 - Reno, NV.
    Phoenix w/ Alt-J - December 5 - Reno, NV.

COACHELLA '07, '08, '09, '11, '13

OK, i culled the best TB motivational posters from this thread. so while we wait for everyone to catch up on the latest episode, get ready to LOL.

for Tessa

and this sums up my sentiments

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Ahahaa Man Bangs is good.

Also the guy who plays Steve Newlin is SO. PERFECT. I feel like he doesn't get enough credit.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

can i please ask what the FUCK is up with bill's hair? when he doesn't look like he's wearing a straight out hair piece, the color changes ALL the time. i don't get it.

also this episode was fucking craaaaaazzzy. and definitely not enough sexytime between bill and sookie. halfway through the ep my friend alex goes "tessa i don't think they're going to be having sex this episode." and i'm so torn by sookie kissing eric in her dream. cause he definitely needed some southern comfort while crying all those blood tears and i don't mean alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by tessalasset View Post
    i went out of town for the last few days so i started reading the books. of course i can only read til almost the end of the second book cause it's 1 book per season.

can i just say... props to whoever read this and was inspired to make an entire episodic tv show about it, cause these books really are not that great. if you think sookie is slightly irritating on the show...oh jesus don't read the books.
    alan ball took HUGE artistic licenses with the show, thank god. in the book, there is no tara, hardly any jason, lafayette dies in the car, bill practically rapes sookie, godric was just some lame vampire who wanted to die, not the sheriff, crazy maenad woman came right out and told sookie what she was right before she slashed her, and sookie is constantly wanting to get it on with sam. like a legitimate love triangle. i dunno, i guess some things are minor, and maybe i'm just used to the show's version, but alan ball did WONDERS with the direction of the show. light years better.
    tessa, are you going to read the entire series or are they too much? a friend of mine described them as "literary popcorn" - light, fluffy, addictive, but not much substance. I was planning to start reading after the season finale, but I was afraid of the Sookie irritation factor - the books are told from her point of view? are they better than the Twilight books?
    I loved last night's episode, so hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by tessalasset View Post

it's not really one book per season. the introduction of Lorena and torturing Bill was from book 3. his torture and getting locked up with Sookie after being hungry from it caused that almost draining and not-accidental-but-actual rape of Sookie. she forgave him for that somewhat, because she had some sense of what happened to him mentally/physically. Also, Tara's in the 2nd book but she plays a minor character throughout.

I feel quite the opposite on the character of Sookie in terms of Charlaine Harris vs. Alan Ball. I think she's written more on the naive side in terms of the show whereas in the books she's a bit more level-headed. For example, in the book she knows better than to pick a fight with a vampire, what the hell was she doing cussing out Lorena and then crying on Bill's shoulders when Lorena actually atttacks? I'm sorry, but that's "damsel in distress"-thing don't work when you stupidly provoke it.

that said, i love how Alan Ball made the changes on the other elements -- addition of Jessica, putting more focus on the supporting players, etc. Charlaine Harris needs to pick up some more skills on better story-writing, she slacks off in certain of the books, but I do like how she made Eric in the books (he's a bit more funnier and he did have attraction to Sookie prior to knowing she was a telepath). They're two different stories now and like Charlaine Harris said at Comic Con, "I don't tell Alan how to do his job, just like he doesn't tell me how to write the books" (something like that).
    Last edited by eudaemonia; 08-24-2009 at 07:47 AM.

I liked Sam putting out flares in nothin' but an apron. That was good times.
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

I liked Sam putting out flares in nothin' but an apron. That was good times.
    You and I are on the same perverse wavelength. I thought exactly the same thing, he's got a very very nice toosh.

Eric's time on screen, while hawt, was too brief. That's my only complaint from last night. More Eric, please.

Tessa, I concur re: Bill's hair. It looked reddish the last episode too. And i don't think Bill and Sookie had time to get down what with all the zombies they now have to deal with.

Oh. You know who bothers me? Terry. All his orders and whatnot are ridiculous.

dude, i hate those bastards for leaving me hanging at the end of that episode. is the queen dead?
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

Quote Originally Posted by bleep View Post
    You and I are on the same perverse wavelength. I thought exactly the same thing, he's got a very very nice toosh.
    Maybe the best one on the show, and it's always being nicely emphasized by those tight jeans. Yee-haw.

And naw, the Queen isn't dead. Look at the episode guides.

i need to get out of this thread, but those motivational posters made me chuckle. paint ball guns hurt.

I think I read a spoiler somewhere that said that the Queen is going to be played by Evan Rachel Wood of Thirteen, Across the Universe, and dating Marilyn Manson fame.

But I want to know what the marine theme is all about in her abode (the moat, shells on the wall paper, coral on the ceiling, etc). It sort of makes me worry that we're going down another Greek mythological tract and that the show is going to try to work Poseidon in or some ridiculousness.
    Last edited by Courtney; 08-24-2009 at 11:55 AM.

the moat was badass.

i actually liked terry in this episode. it makes me wonder if these crazy zombies can actually feel something inside. if they can actually be controlled by someone other than maryanne. why did they all listen to terry? i don't understand.

The Queen is not dead, but fond of sun(?)bathing....

Just got to the end of episode 5 of the first season. WHAT THE HELL?! No bueno, True Blood, no bueno.

edit: those bon temps should not have been allowed to rouler. da bum cha.
    Last edited by thefunkylama; 08-24-2009 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MusicIsMyBoyfriend View Post
    The Queen is not dead, but fond of sun(?)bathing....

Ugh. Look at how doughy Bill is. Bill, get your shit together. You were so hot in season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by thefunkylama View Post
    Just got to the end of episode 5 of the first season. WHAT THE HELL?! No bueno, True Blood, no bueno.
    season 1 episode 5 seems so long ago to me - what happened, i don't recall...not the graveyard sex scene, is it?

Gran!

it's the little things that get to me most.

Ugh. Look at how doughy Bill is. Bill, get your shit together. You were so hot in season 1.
    on the contrary, i think he looks amazing. i wasn't even sure if that was him.