Page 138 of 140 FirstFirst ... 133134135136137138139140 LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,140 of 4178

Thread: The San Francisco Thread

Default Re: The San Francisco Thread

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Is the Trappist a good place? Because their beer menu is making my nipples hard.
    In Oakland? I love that place so much. It's pretty much always my first stop when I get to the bay area.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Yeah, Bryan and I had a hoot there before some Fox Oakland show.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

Ok, I'll be at the Trappist drinking during the Fiona show.

Cara, are you coming over/up/whatever? We must have sexy drinky time.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

The Trappist is great from what I remember (I don't get to Oakland often enough). I also really like Dogwood, which is near the Fox -- not much of a beer selection at all, but they have some good specialty & classic cocktails, and they do small places mostly consisting of excellent cheeses, cured meats, and amazing grilled cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Ok, I'll be at the Trappist drinking during the Fiona show.

Cara, are you coming over/up/whatever? We must have sexy drinky time.
    Yes. Sexy Drinky Time will be happening during the Fiona show.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    The Trappist is great from what I remember (I don't get to Oakland often enough). I also really like Dogwood, which is near the Fox -- not much of a beer selection at all, but they have some good specialty & classic cocktails, and they do small places mostly consisting of excellent cheeses, cured meats, and amazing grilled cheese.
    I'm all kinds of down for bar hopping. I like grilled cheese. Maybe we can start there for food and then work our way over.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I would be down for that, though I'm pretty sad at bar hopping unless I get to re-fill my maw with snacks all the time.

SNACK HOPPING

When I say 'bar hopping', I just mean those two bars. I'm not for getting up and moving around much anyway.

We could get drunk at the bar attached to the Fox theater and throw napkins at the TV as they air Fiona.

And we can make screeching and moaning sounds

I don't think they let you into that bar, on show nights, without a ticket, Cara.

One of my friends had a genius idea of sushi-bar hopping, which was ... amazing. I can't imagine that snack hopping would be any less wonderful.

I'm a jerk. I don't think I'm going to make it over to Oakland to drink on Saturday. Have too many things planned already for the day/evening.

Boooo. I hope it's not because whoever it is you are hosting hates me. Although I do understand the probability is high.

Cara, where and what time do you want to meet on Saturday?

That depends on what time Rick wants to get into the show, I suppose. 6:30? Cafe Von Kleef has fucking delicious cocktails. And Dogwood is right by it. Though the Trappist is a bit further. And do we want to do a full dinner?

630 is fine. We don't need fully fancy dinner stuffs. We're cheap asses. Brewpubs, burgs, pizzas, etc. are fine with us.

I enjoy drinking my dinner so this works out well.

Hah, no, it's definitely like that, I'm just overbooked and it takes me 2.5 hrs roundtrip to get over there, so it's hard to fit in with the other stuff I've already committed to do.

Edit: If I have more energy by Saturday, I might try to hitch a ride with cara.

We can always eat before we meet you if you want anyway. I want to take Rick down to the Waterfront to have a drink at the old saloon. We can always eat down there.

That works for me, I'm going to a company picnic and then record club so I'll have been stuffing my face all day already.

Great weather in the bay area this weekend. Couldn't have picked a better weekend for a mini vacation. And thanks to those who recommended the deYoung Fine Arts Museum. I'd never been there before. Sunday was such a nice day to explore the beautiful, expansive grounds of Golden Gate Park and then check out the deYoung. The Jean Paul Gaultier exhibit was such a treat. I had no idea how versatile he was. His designs have such a wonderful, sly sense of humor.

Stern Grove is such a beautiful venue. A lush green oasis in the middle of a busy intersection. Great venue to experience the SF Ballet and Orchestra.

The Fox in Oakland is gorgeous as well. I love the Persian palace motif.

Did a really fun monthly BBQ/dance party at El Rio in The Mission. Was supposed to be a good mix of boys and girls, but I swear I spotted only one other dude there the entire time. Ah, well. Really fun mix of [danceable] hip-hop, salsa and more mainstream top 40 stuff. Shame the crowd wasn't more mixed, but those SF lesbians still knew how to get down. And the Oakland ones? Oh, boy...

Had some of the best Ethiopian food I can remember at Addis in Oakland. And some extraordinarily good soul food at The Front Porch in SF.

For all you wine drinkers out there, there's the Wine Riot going on this weekend. Unlimited wine for $50.
    http://secondglass.com/wineriot/sf-2012/tickets/

I'd probably be passed out within the first hour.

Of course unlimited wine is mixed with free photo booth photos and fake tattoos. That sounds like a good idea.

Someone i follow on twitter said that Ladyhawke and Little Boots would be playing Folsom Street Fair. do they usually have concerts there? I've never been, but now i really wanna go since i'm not going to see Little Boots at Nocturnal.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/2&3 HARD Summer - 8/7 Arctic Monkeys@Staples - 8/8 Cut Copy@Brooklyn Bowl - 8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House

Yup, they always have concerts, usually one notable act and a variety of smaller ones. You should be able to google past ones to figure out what the entertainment lineup looks like. I'm not googling that for you at work.

yeah, i'll wait until i get home to do that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/2&3 HARD Summer - 8/7 Arctic Monkeys@Staples - 8/8 Cut Copy@Brooklyn Bowl - 8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House

Why isn't anybody buying Red Rock Island?

Tu Lan's permit was revoked. I doubt the board of appeals overturns anything. Goodbye dirtiest Vietnamese dive ever.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

If you are not already an alcoholic, you should probably become one:
    http://www.rewinery.com/

Just found out about this company earlier this week, ordered from them for the first time today during their '$5 wine happy hour.'

You... go to the website, give them your address, click a button saying, "Yes, bring wine to my door."
    Then they show up with the wine. You don't put in any payment info, you just give them cash or give credit card info when they show up.
    The "happy hour" wines have a 3 hour delivery window, otherwise, you pick a 1 hour window. Delivery is free.
    The non-happy hour wines seem to be about $10-20 per bottle.
    I signed up 2 days ago and they've already given me 2 coupons (one for $5, one for $10, with no minimum).

Today's happy hour $5 wine is an Italian primitivo that scored a 87 on Wine Enthusiast. Looks like it normally retails for $8-10. If you go to the store and get it.

I might as well give up on ever putting on real clothes and leaving my apartment again.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dorkfish View Post
    Tu Lan's permit was revoked. I doubt the board of appeals overturns anything. Goodbye dirtiest Vietnamese dive ever.
    Have you found anywhere at all that has comparable imperial rolls?

That place always wigged me out, no matter how much everyone raves about it. I know all restaurants have pests of some type but I don't want to see it while I'm eating...