Results 4,081 to 4,110 of 4178

Thread: The San Francisco Thread

Coachella Junkie

Default Re: The San Francisco Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    most of that is fake.
    How so?

Only the ford fiesta emblem is real. The rest of the car is aftermarket.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Of course there was an actual car for perhaps even all the stunts, I'm mostly just meaning that it was shot one block at a time, doing several takes on each stunt and some street scenes being a edited composite of across several takes. I saw them doing a couple practices for the one on California street (between the fake trolleys).

I get that you'll scoff at that being an a valid accusation of fakeness so don't waste your time. I was mainly responding to the facebook frenzy over it and folks marvelling at how "empty" SF was.

Coachella Junkie

Calmer than you are.

Alright, boys. It's still a cool video, the guy has some serious skills as a driver (yes, multiple takes, very visible skid marks, but wouldn't anyone need practice runs?), and as for the Fiesta, if Ford didn't look at this as a custom one-off, and produced an AWD rally car version that you could buy off the lot and then customize, like Subaru or Mitsubishi, they'd probably have a good market for it.

I give the video four stars, except for the shitty Styx music at the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.

The turn after the first jump is just pure balls. You can debate the # of takes all you want, but when that dude nails it, it's straight dope.

My only complaint is that the City only got $1M for this. Who is negotiating these contracts for fux sake....Wavy Gravy?

Quote Originally Posted by GeezrRckr View Post
    The turn after the first jump is just pure balls. You can debate the # of takes all you want, but when that dude nails it, it's straight dope.

My only complaint is that the City only got $1M for this. Who is negotiating these contracts for fux sake....Wavy Gravy?
    It's not as if traffic downtown isn't already clusterfucked and Muni passengers aren't used to delays. Who gives a fuck how pac heights residents are inconvenienced, and the portola drive scene wasn't overly complex and probably didn't tie up the road for more than a half hour.

So that aside, you really only need to cover the city services they needed, which couldn't have come close to $1M, and considering predictable internet popularity it's an awesom free tourism ad.

I bought goodyear tires from a store in San Francisco.

Sign this if you like your privacy: http://www.change.org/petitions/mayo...-san-francisco

highway through the danger zone
    "ain't no thang but a chicken wang"

The fuck is wrong with you.

7/18: The Field @ The Independent
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

I wish all cities would have free camping gear lending libraries. Best idea ever.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The fuck is wrong with you.
    Look, I don't usually talk to ugly fucking cunts, but if you want to play.

Look, you are awful. She is right to call you out on posting the same video that was posted ONE page ago. Learn to read, or don't fucking 'contribute'.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

you posted the video directly under a page and a half of discussion about that exact video
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Sure, I'll play. Let's add to the list of things you don't usually do:

1. Bother quickly scanning a thread to see if anyone has posted what you so cleverly think you're about to be the first to report on.

7/18: The Field @ The Independent
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Gonna be in SF and Oakland the last weekend in July (July 27-30). Anything fun going on? I'll be with a few friends. Doing the Fiona Apple show. Also probably doing a night in the Castro, one museum (TBD) during one of the afternoons and then something outdoorsy (probably a hike around an idyllic lake my friend was recommending; about 30 mins outside of the city, I believe). But... anything else?

We have a thread where we discuss SF upcoming shows/events over here: http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...-San-Francisco

Nothing's coming to mind event wise right now but I'm kind of out of the loop presently.

If friends are interested in fashion at all, there is an amazing Jean Paul Gaultier exhibit on at the de Young right now. The fashion is obviously AWESOME but they also cover examples from his work in film costumes, and there's a room more or less focused on his S&M-y type garb. The exhibit uses animated mannequins.... I could have stayed in there for hours. Some just wink or change facial expressions, but some have REALLY detailed and lengthy dialogues -- like the guy who hits on himself in the mirror. I went earlier this summer and plan on going back at least 2 more times before it closes. There's also a Man Ray exhibit opening up at the Legion of Honor this weekend.

Both the de Young and Legion of Honor are a bit of a hike from downtown, but it's a good excuse to get into the greener parts of SF.

We will be in Oakland on the 28th for Fiona Apple....except I am not going to Fiona Apple. Rick will be at Fiona whilst I sit in a bar alone, unless someone wants to hang out with me. Anyone?
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Super highly recommend going to de Young for Gaultier. The exhibit was fantastic (a bit crowded, but well worth it). Plus, walking through the Golden Gate park was fantastic. We went on Sunday and there was so many things going on. There was a band playing. Some food trucks. This random group of dancers. There was a bunch of old people doing synchronized dances on roller skates. I still haven't been to Legion of Honor, but I love Man Ray.

He was a pioneer of the technique called photograms, which was a camerless technique. You'd place objects directly onto light sensitive paper and then exposing it to light. The middle picture was developed with fishnet. The last is completely camerless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    PLURcenta

I have a board-related houseguest that weekend in July, and nothing actually planned, I could be convinced to go socialize if people wanted company.

I'll buy you a drink. Anything more will make me feel like a John.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

chia, kylie - the Jean Paul Gaultier and Man Ray exhibits sound great! Thanks for the fantastic recommendation. We will definitely be doing one of those. Perhaps both.

Follow up Q (for anyone) – I’ve been to SF/Oakland 8 or 9 times. I’ve done the usual touristy stuff. Alcatrez, Fisherman’s, Chinatown, Castro, the really crooked street (Lombard?), etc. If you had a friend visiting where else would you take them? I’m open to any kind of cultural/fine arts attraction, performing arts, parks/hikes/outdoorsy stuff, only-in-SF dining/shopping experiences, nightlife… whatever. What’s not included in the tourism brochures?

Delores Park on the weekends when it is really nice out is popular. Bring booze and food with you.

Oh yeah the Legion of Honor is on the Pacific side of the city but it is really nice out there and I'd recommend it if you want great views and hikes (free street parking around Legion of Honor). There is golf course out there [Lincoln Park] and hole 17 has an amazing view of the Golden Gate. Hole 17 is along the road to the Legion of Honor on the right. There also are trails that go down to the cliff beaches that start around the Golf Course around Hole 4 &5. I've also seen people walking on a trial below Hole 17 but I think that one starts at Hole 18. If you like to golf, you can sneak onto the course right at the Legion of Honor. Hole 3, Hole 5, Hole 9 (iirc). People do it all the time.

Is the Trappist a good place? Because their beer menu is making my nipples hard.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

These are fucking awesome.
    http://imgur.com/a/163VS?original#0
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

the new Earthquake film they're showing in the Academy of Sciences planetarium is really cool. Seeing a simulation on a 75' dome of what it was like to stand on Market & Spear in 1906 was awesome.

on the other side of the building they've still got the pod that simulates what the gound shaking in 1906 felt like too.

nvm! going to Russian River.
    Last edited by unknown; 07-18-2012 at 10:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets