Ain't No Right
    Pigs In Zen
    Ted...Just Admit It!
    Thank You Boyz
    Ocean Size
    Had A Dad
    Been Caught Stealing

Default Re: Jane's setlist

Hmm - no Mt Song, no Jane Says, or Stop?

still good
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

No Mountain Song means I'm glad I didn't go down there to hang around outside.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

ocean size would have been epic though. that would be cool if they played a surprise set in the gobi or something this year.

but i wouldnt really want them to take up a day headlining

I cna't wait to see vid, eric & dave's comments!!!

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Ocean Size is probably my fav Jane's song.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014.

eventhough it's outside of the era kettle whistle is a great song but 3 days and slow divers and unbelievable!!!

old school

Three Days in the desert will most likely be my greatest Coachella moment.
    Lick an orange, it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple, it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it. Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries! We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along.

Mountain Song, Stop and Just Because would complete that.

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGuy75 View Post
    Three Days in the desert will most likely be my greatest Coachella moment.
    this just made me feel an intense drum beat roaring thru my body!!! I would absolutely go nuts!!!

The show was amazing. you should have all been there.
    Check out Sleeping In Is Giving In for great mixes and other cool stuff

old school

shotglass, it wasn't funny the first time.

now go back to beating off to Local H. thanks
    Lick an orange, it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple, it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it. Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries! We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along.

I don't know why you think you know me dude. Quit PM'ing me for tickets to the show. it was last night. Now get over yourself

your avie is killing me...these dudes must be crashed out from raging last night!!! Not a peep about last night!!!

ok quality is kinda shaby...

BAM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Navarro
    OK Before I get into this, let me just say how sorry we are to everyone who came all the way down to the show and waited in line, only to be turned away at the last minute. Evidently, the fire marshal came down and limited our audience... According to this music blog. Many of our own friends and family members were unable to attend as a result and it looks as though we are simply going to have to make it up to everybody somehow! Having said that... The night was just fantastic. La Cita is an extremely small venue with amazingly low ceilings. I have to say that it really felt like it was the "OLD SCHOOL" 1987 Jane's. A tiny little Mexican bar adorned with Christmas lights, hot sweaty and humid, loud and songs we haven't played in forever on the set including Trip Away and 1% off our very first XXX record. We had an amazing time. Eric Avery brought the bottom punk rock glue that we have been missing for years. Don't get me wrong... Our times with Flea, Martyn and Chaney will never be overlooked and we love all of them deeply... In some ways they are heavily responsible for helping us get to the place where we are now... But the fact remains that this machine cannot really run as well with after market parts. Jane's Addiction has to be fully stock in order to do what it does best. That is something that many have been saying for years but I am and always will be eternally grateful to those three very talented and special musicians. After the show, Tom Morello and I spoke for a few minutes about this very thing. I think he said something like, "I have always enjoyed the Jane's rock no matter the line up but you can't deny the chemistry of four guys who are supposed to be playing together." I couldn't agree more. Perry was just as riveting and mesmerizing as he has ever been. That guy is such an undeniable entertainer! After all of these years, I still catch myself looking over to my left... Captivated by his onstage energy. What an amazing honor to still be playing with my favorite all time singer and frontman. Perkins was literally on fire all night. When he is in his zone, it's like Shiva is back there with a drumstick in each hand. Watching him play drums is like watching him defy human restraints and logic. Unbelievable. Here is the set we played: Up The Beach, Trip Away, Whores, 1%, Ain't No Right, Pigs In Zen, Ted... Just Admit It, Oceansize, Had A Dad, Been Caught Stealing. The quick non-stop pace left all of us and just about everybody drenched by the end of the hour. Todd was there with a couple of our friends capturing the night on 3 cameras so there will be tons of footage to sift through and put together for a guerilla style video clip of the evening. Thanks to everyone who made this night possible... Our audience, friends, family, crew, La Cita and whatever order the stars and planets happened to be in last night. Everything came together, hopefully not for the last time. I found this clip of Up The Beach on YouTube. It really is a tease, but I am certain there will be more to come:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/teADxh7ZIEI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/teADxh7ZIEI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    Last edited by SFChrissy; 10-24-2008 at 10:56 AM.

1 word. Awesome

Buz Band...

http://buzzbands.la/2008/10/24/janes...ds-at-la-cita/

Jane’s Addiction delivers the goods at La Cita
    by kevin on October 24, 2008

Jane’s Addiction brought Hollywood to downtown Los Angeles on Thursday night, 20 years late. Or maybe just in time.

The fearsome L.A. foursome, in their original lineup, played a muscular 10-song set that reminded you of when some other guy named Bush was president (and before). And they played it to a crowd of 157 at La Cita — the Hill Street bar that until a little more than two years ago was a neighborhood watering hole and dance hall with a largely Mexican clientele.

I heard no ranchero music on this night. The occasion was a party; the DJ was celebrity artist Shepard Fairey (the Boston Globe was in town to do a piece on him); and the overtones were faintly political — even if Jane’s Addiction frontman Perry Farrell did confuse how far away the election was when he gave his get-out-the-vote spiel. And the band’s sweat-drenched admirers soaked it up. “A Top 10 moment,” one told me unblinkingly. Added a music executive who moshed in the wings near the likes of Karen O, Nick Zimmer, Adrian Grenier, Tom Morello and Taylor Hawkins: “I’ve loved that band since I was in diapers.”

That band — and the 200-amp sound system it brought along — made this ride in the Time Machine sound pristine. Even with La Cita’s low-slung ceilings, the

volume from the temporary stage erected at the back of the main room was not oppressive, and the mix was perfect. Virtually start to finish, the quartet played a set worthy of their rock-star stature, as well as their fans’ undying devotion.

With the guest list incredibly tight (more on that later), Barton Saunders took no chances. The 37-year-old from Toronto, who spent $410 on a plane ticket to L.A. after reading about the show on a local blog, arrived at La Cita on Wednesday, slept on the sidewalk outside the bar and hung out at the bar all day Thursday to ensure he was there for the set. “A defining moment,” he called it.

OK. It might have been defining for the venue, too. I arrived around 7, about the same time the fire marshals did. They had concerns about all the juice coming into La Cita (an outside generator was used), and the myriad cables and lighting gear that the band’s production crew spent all day assembling. After a last-minute scramble to solve those problems (including moving the stage a couple of feet, no easy feat), officials turned their attention to the capacity, which they capped at 157 — the legal limit for La Cita’s main room. Many on the VIP and industry lists did not get in.

Two of the bar’s owners, Carl Lofgren and Dave Neupert [that's them, holding the set list above], embraced afterward. “I can’t believe this happened,” Lofgren said. Neither could a lot of others.

More photos from the night:

The temporary stage, likely the smallest one Jane’s Addiction has played on in quite some time.

LAFD: They weren’t looking for a setlist.

Sorry for the poor photo quality; the wristbands were embossed with “J.A.,” the date and the venue.

Farrell seemed especially exuberant the whole evening.

Dude can shred.

Quote Originally Posted by SFChrissy View Post
    ok quality is kinda shaby...
    is it just me or does dave look bored? sounds and looks like it was a good show, but he just seems to be standing there. eric is just goin off on the fuckin bass, though!
    Coachella 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11
    Lollapalooza 95, 96, 97, 03, 08
    Rock The Bells 07, 09, 10
    Sasquatch 10
    Bonnaroo 09
    Vegoose 07, RIP
    Mile High 09

Upcoming Shows
    6/9 - Deftones/Dillenger | 6/10 - Cake | 6/17 - Buckethead | 6/28 - Glitch Mob | 7/25 - APC | 7/30 - LA Rising (Rage, Muse, Lauryn Hill, Rise Against) | 8/12 - Cut//Copy

I would love to see them play but it's hard to take Dave Navarro seriously anymore.
    You were right. I was wrong.

I've seen some other pics and I think for the most part they were in a ubber small club (157 occupancy) low cielings hot, sweaty and humid...I'm pretty sure they were in another world in amazement of what was happening...those guys are and were on cloud 9 last night!!!

ubber

It's like a rubber udder. For mastectomy cows.

Mastectomy Cows added to the list of names for potential future band projects.

i love how la cita is the spot...its a rad little place...go on a friday night...

no three days? janes should never play a show without that song. ever. cool that they busted out some gems though.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

jesus christ why is there like 16 different Jane’s Addiction threads scattered throughout the board????
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Young blood

Thats a cool video. Im excited to see them this year.