Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sea of Dreams NYE

Default Sea of Dreams NYE

Sea of Dreams NYE with Thievery Corporation, Bassnectar & Much More

Thievery Corporation, AnonEvents, Sunset Promotions and blasthaus invite you to immerse yourself in a SEA OF DREAMS - a multi-stage, multi-environment fantasyland and the Bay Area's most extravagant New Year's production featuring a full live show by D.C.'s world-electronic superstars Thievery Corporation, as well as San Francisco's own national electronic star Bassnectar, the 25-piece indie-techno-circus act The Mutaytor, L.A.'s famed circus crew Cirque Berzerk, Bay Area trip-hop heroes BLVD, DJ sets by Motion Potion (Funkonnection-SFO), Little John (Raindance-Santa Cruz), Malarkey (Juke Joint-Sebastopol), and Maneesh the Twister (Surya Dub-SFO). With more acts still to be announced, Sea of Dreams promises to be one of the most sought-after New Years tickets in the United States.

GOING!
    Last edited by BlackSwan; 10-22-2008 at 03:26 PM.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Default Re: Sea of Dreams NYE

now that looks cool. if I hadn't seen thievery corporation so recently, and wasn't convinced they are going to be at coachella next year...

Coolio, we will be in the Bay for the holidays...plus, I was on a ship during their last tour and missed their nifty neato show at the Greek.

It is at the Concorse though, so how are they going to have multiple stages? Back to back?
    8/23 NIN and Soundgarden @ Shoreline
    9/19 Beck @ the Masonic (?)
    9/22 Tove Lo @ the Fillmore (?)
    9/26 Modest Mouse @ the Masonic (?)
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/10 Woman's Hour @ the Rickshaw Stop
    10/17 SBTRKT @ the Fox Theatre (?)
    10/21 Jessie Ware @ The Chapel
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rfs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    10/29 PHISH @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    11/29 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre

Damnit damnit damnit damnit damnit... Now I have to get back up north on the 30th! FUCK.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Sorry for the partial repeat, but this also includes additional info:

THIEVERY CORPORATION [live], BASSNECTAR, THE MUTAYOR, BLVD, CIRQUE BERZERK HEADLINE THE BAY AREA's MOST SPECTACULAR NEW YEAR's EVE CELEBRATION

anonEvents' beloved annual celebration of all things artistic returns for its 9th year, this time with the help of Sunset Promotions & blasthaus and its most dynamic and distinguished lineup yet

>WHAT: Sea of Dreams New Years Eve
    >WHEN: Wednesday, December 31, 2008 from 9pm-4am
    >WHERE: The Concourse Center, 635 8th Street, San Francisco
    >INFO: www.seaofdreamsnye.com
    >ORGANIZERS: anonEvents, Sunset Promotions, blasthaus
    >PRESS CONTACT: Kelly Edwards, press@sunsetpromotions.net, 415-424-0307
    >SPONSOR/VENDOR INFO: info@sunsetpromotions.net
    >ADMISSIONS: 18+ Admitted
    >TICKETS $75: Onsale Sunday, October 26, 10am PDT online at seaofdreamsnye.com, & sunsettickets.com by phone at 415-256-TIXX and at all Bay Area Streetlight Records stores.
    VIP EXPERIENCE $125: Sea of Dreams VIP's will enjoy free champagne all night,
    exclusive viewing areas, exclusive bars, and a limited edition "Sea of Dreams" Poster to take home.

FEATURING LIVE PERFORMANCES BY:
    >Thievery Corporation [live] www.thieverycorporation.com
    >Bassnectar www.bassnectar.net
    >The Mutaytor [live] www.themutaytor.com
    >Cirque Berzerk [live] www.cirqueberzerk.com
    >BLVD [live] www.blvdsource.com
    >Motion Potion [Funkonnection] www.motionpotion.com
    >Maneesh the Twister [Surya Dub] www.suryadub.com
    >Little John [Raindance] www.raindancepresents.com
    >DJ Malarkey [Juke Joint] www.myspace.com/jukejoint
    >Plus more bands, Djs, performance artists and cabaret performances TBA

DETAILS: anonEvents, Sunset Promotions, and blasthaus have joined forces to create San Francisco's most elaborate and decadent New Years Eve experience, Sea of Dreams. In it's 9th year, Sea of Dreams features exclusive live performances by the massive 12-piece orchestral version of world-electronic superstars Thievery Corporation as well as San Francisco's own national electronic hero Bassnectar.

anonEvents transforms the Concourse Center into a multi-stage, multi-environment undersea fantasyland, complete with 3 huge sound-systems, cabaret performers, circus performers, aerialists, contortionists, balloon drops, confetti cannons and over 50 massive pieces of inflatable art. Other musical performances will include 25-piece indie-techno-circus the Mutaytor, LA's famed circus crew Cirque Berzerk, Bay Area trip-hop heroes BLVD, and DJ sets by Motion Potion (Funkonnection-SFO), Little John (Raindance-Santa Cruz), Malarkey (Juke Joint-Sebastopol), and Maneesh the Twister (Surya Dub-SFO).

With more acts still to be announced, Sea of Dreams promises to be one of the most sought-after New Years tickets in the United States. A limited quantity of discount presale tickets goes on sale on Sunday, October 26 at 10am PDT

ABOUT THE :
    THIEVERY CORPORATION is "A dominant force in the electronic/dance landscape, the quintessential ambassadors of the sophisticated global 'downbeat generation'" [BPM]. The Washington, DC based electronic collective has always been defined by its decidedly organic quality and this is clearly evident in the rich productions of their recent smash release Radio Retaliation and recent live tour dates. Despite their minimal beginnings, Thievery founders Rob Garza and Eric Hilton have adopted a growing cast of collaborators over the years, vital musicians and vocalists who contribute to a dynamic 15 member live band. Playing sold out venues and festivals worldwide, THIEVERY CORPORATION dazzles thousands of music fans every year with their kaleidoscopic live show. Featuring multi-ethnic instrumentation and MC's and vocalists singing in English, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Farsi and Patois, THIEVERY CORPORATION's live show is a stunning representation of the future of world music. At Sea of Dreams, Thievery will pull out all the stops to present a New Years set unlike any other in their long history of performances.

BASSNECTAR's insane nonstop touring schedule is catapulting him to national recognition with sold out dates all over the map. The Bay Area native has developed a unique style that is both classic and cutting edge, representing the burgeoning omnitempo blend of all musical genres united by surging ridiculous bass-lines, BASSNECTAR is one of the few electronic artists anywhere who can headline a tour and sell out his shows any night of the week and the crew has been smashing up venues coast to coast. Best identified by what he calls a "perverted love of bass frequencies" the sound is a freestyle smorgasbord, featuring seamlessly interlocked layers of hip hop, dubstep, glitch, grime, midtempo breakbeat, dub reggae and even metal and punk rock influences. Taking full homefield advantage, BASSNECTAR dives into San Francisco's Sea of Dreams '09 with a enough enthusiasm to help you kick that coffee habit for the new year... for thorough updates and music go to BASSNECTAR.net or myspace.com/bassnectar

Hailing simultaneously from Los Angeles, and Black Rock City, Nevada THE MUTAYTOR is a 25-piece indie techno circus that overwhelms audiences with an over-the-top musical and visual assault. Featuring a full band with over 50 drums and percussion pieces, the Mutaytor choreographs original dance, circus, aerial, hoop, and video performances to their original music. With a long awaited full-length release "Yelling Theatre in a Crowded Fire" soon to be unveiled, THE MUTAYTOR is staged to break out a completely fresh show at Sea of Dreams. Longtime collaborators and Los Angeles' premier independent circus collective, CIRQUE BERZERK will also be on-hand to give their own full-length stage performance and to collaborate with MUTAYTOR . San Francisco trip-hop quartet BLVD has seen their notoriety explode over the past 2 years through constant nationwide touring, the addition of acclaimed indie hip hop MC Souleye and the release of their recent full length album "Music for People". Sea of Dreams also welcomes the DJ's who have defined and shaped the Bay Area's underground music community, including Bonnaroo Music Festival resident MOTION POTION(of Funkonnection and the Fringe Arts Collective), Surya Dub founder and world-electronic trailblazer MANEESH THE TWISTER, Santa Cruz's eclectic Little John (Raindance) and North Bay nufunk hero MALARKEY (Juke Joint). With more acts still to be announced, Sea of Dreams is already a case of musical and visual overkill and is sure to sell out: so get tickets quick before its too late.

For the pasty 8 years, Sea of Dreams has been San Francisco's most creative, spectacular, and lavish New Years event. Created by Anon Salon, this year Sunset Promotions and blasthaus will be joining the team to create the most spectacular rendition to date. Over the years, Anon has made Sea of Dreams the perfect connection of high-end talent, top-tier performance-art and decor with underground energy. Drawing much of its inspiration from the Burning man community, the vast majority of the audience comes in costume and the entire venue is crammed with art of all kinds. Past acts that have performed the event include String Cheese Incident, STS9, the Yard Dogs Road Show, The Dresden Dolls, Bassnectar, Kinky, Brazillian Girls, Adam Freeland, Bassbin Twins, Tipper and Freq Nasty.

Anon Events Inc (www.anonsalon.com) has been active in the Bay Area for more than 20 years, conjuring productions that include music, fine art, politics and dance to unite the Bay Area's conscious communities. Since 1998, Sunset Promotions (www.sunsetpromotions.net) has successfully produced over 1000 concerts & 20 music festivals including the beloved North Beach Jazz Fest (www.nbjazzfest.com) and SF Funk Festival (www.sffunk.com). Over the past Over the past 11 years, blasthaus (www.blasthaus.com) has produced hundreds of group exhibitions, festivals, performances and special events in San Francisco which manifest the convergence of art, technology and entertainment.
    Last edited by fikus222; 10-23-2008 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fikus222 View Post
    anonEvents transforms the Concourse Center into a multi-stage, multi-environment undersea fantasyland, complete with 3 huge sound-systems, cabaret performers, circus performers, aerialists, contortionists, balloon drops, confetti cannons and over 50 massive pieces of inflatable art. Other musical performances will include 25-piece indie-techno-circus the Mutaytor, LA's famed circus crew Cirque Berzerk, Bay Area trip-hop heroes BLVD, and DJ sets by Motion Potion (Funkonnection-SFO), Little John (Raindance-Santa Cruz), Malarkey (Juke Joint-Sebastopol), and Maneesh the Twister (Surya Dub-SFO).
    now THAT is starting to sound cool.

hmm. $75... wonder how much the discounted tix are going to be. and I too wonder how they are planning to fit all of this inside the concourse.

Last year the had the long concourse divided into sections. There was one stage by the front door then a long dance floor/hall, then back of the next stage would form a wall and so on. The back section with glass was all done up alice in wonderland/burning man style with a Cirque du Soleil-esque area were they had cool performers. Overall it worked out. It was like a mini-festival inside the concourse. Even though the line up wasn't the best last it was still an awesome time. There is tons of stuff to do at every moment. I've heard that they are stepping it up this year so hopefully they will add some more good electronic acts and a big DJ. Either way it is the best thing happening in San Francisco on NYE so far.

Good lord that sounds amazing.

Also, need to download all of BLVD's discog just by the band description.
    Upcoming Shows:

Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Oh God. I want to go to this. It's too bad this is on a Wednesday and I have to work. The earliest I may be able to get off work that day is 3pm if I'm really, really lucky.
    I have New Year's Day off though.

ARGH. gotta talk to the hubby.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

this sounds promising...

THIEVERY CORPORATION's live show is a stunning representation of the future of world music. At Sea of Dreams, Thievery will pull out all the stops to present a New Years set unlike any other in their long history of performances.
    I was hoping that they were going to do something special and this confirms it.

Seriously...
    Upcoming Shows:

Spending NYE in a huge glass steamy gross box? Not my idea of fun.. Concourse blows and seriously destroys a good show.. plus i've seen a lot of these guys for free at Burning Man before.. not really a good show..
    >>>>East Bay<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nipples View Post
    scoop the eucalyptus infused shit out of a koala's ass and chow down you crocodile dundee special edition blu-ray owning, fosters keg hoarding, didgeridoo fellating, outback steakhouse gift card carrying dingo-dicked puddle of kangaroo piss.

go listen to wolfmother...

Thanks for your opinion!

Seriously, if I can actually be in the fucking country before the 30th, I would love to be at this thing.
    Upcoming Shows:

So far this is the front runner for my NYE in California...

And plus I am interested as to who they will be adding..

Richard Cheese and Lounge against the machine in Anaheim is a close second..

If you can't wait to purchase your tickets Sonicliving has a pre-sale going on with in ticketing at http://www.inticketing.com/private/

and the password is sonicliving

Young blood

a jackstraw production.

I got my tickets in the mail today!!!! Really looking forward to this show, it sure beats what I did last year for NYE, lame Dj set by Crystal Method at Ruby Skye.

for $75 in SF I'm seeing Funkadelic. This sounds alright I guess but Thievery Corporation is way too chill for NYE.

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    Seriously, if I can actually be in the fucking country before the 30th, I would love to be at this thing.
    New Years in Africa Lee, sounds pretty sweet to me!
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggyduck View Post
    More laser beams is ALWAYS prefered to less laser beams. ALWAYS.

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    for $75 in SF I'm seeing Funkadelic. This sounds alright I guess but Thievery Corporation is way too chill for NYE.
    if this was just a thievery corporation concert I'd be inclined to go see the parliament funkadelic too. but sea of dreams sounds like so much more than a regular concert...

I'm kicking myself for missing this... Damn trip.
    Upcoming Shows:

Ticket prices go up in little more than hour.

Other stuff to but yeah...

looks the same to me.

vinylmartyr

Yes the Flaming Lips are cool, but they aren't playing SF on NYE.

they did new year's eve eve a few years ago. that was strange.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    looks the same to me.
    those lazy bastards... not a good sign tickets only went up $4. Hmm... maybe they aren't going to add any more acts.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    they did new year's eve eve a few years ago. that was strange.
    This year the Flaming Lips' NYE show is in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSwan View Post
    those lazy bastards... not a good sign tickets only went up $4. Hmm... maybe they aren't going to add any more acts.
    I am more than pleased with the current line-up, barring any conflicts of course.