Page 663 of 965 FirstFirst ... 658659660661662663664665666667668 ... LastLast
Results 19,861 to 19,890 of 28933

Thread: The Official Bonnaroo 2009 Coachella Board thread

Default Re: The Official Bonnaroo 2009 Coachella Board thread

Brandon I still like you despite the terrible picture.

Let's not even go into the pictures.
    I think I need to start hiding from pictures like Erik does (although that didn't seem to work for him anyway).
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Kind of reminds me of the silly banter I used to have with Green Panda. Panda would constantly go on about how i'm fat and like chili and stuff. I got such a kick out of it. I found it funny to play with the panda. People would keep saying I don't get it or why do I continue to interact with the Panda. Like I didn't know what I was doing or like I was getting beat up or something, it was funny. I interacted with the Panda because it was amusing. No more, no less.

That is one thing I will never do here, and I hate when I see others do it. Maliciously make fun of someone for appearance or anything else that they cant change. I will poke fun for music preference all day long (which is sort of what we come here for, be honest), but the other stuff is not fair game, and should not be brought up. If you see me doing that kind of shit I give you full authority to punch me in the neck the next time you see me.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    I said some pretty harsh things to Brandon in a thread last year. I think it was about old boardies vs new boardies or something. I'm pretty sure he said some shit back to me. Neither of us cared and were cool right after that. Look at us now. We're like BFF.
    I have no recollection of this. I dont doubt it happened though. Sounds like me.
    last.fm

Brandon will always have a special place in my heart because of this...

I don't think I have ever laughed harder at anything on the boards.

EDIT: Oh, and Im off to My Bloody Valentine now. Later bitches.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    Fuck you sushy. Theres still a bitch slap on my hand waiting for you
    And you call me a douchebag? I look forward to meeting you, and becoming good friends salah. Same goes for everyone going to Bonnaroo.

I'll take that hug if Salah doesn't want it, Brandon. Only we have to be naked
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    What if your woman is one of those water-filled bag things with a hole in the middle that is designed to fall out of your hands when you try to pick it up?

I have to admit one of the deciding factors in going to Bonnaroo is the promise of finding acid again.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

sushov, does this mean you are still going to the roo?

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    That is one thing I will never do here, and I hate when I see others do it. Maliciously make fun of someone for appearance or anything else that they cant change. I will poke fun for music preference all day long (which is sort of what we come here for, be honest), but the other stuff is not fair game, and should not be brought up. If you see me doing that kind of shit I give you full authority to punch me in the neck the next time you see me.

No worries. I'm non confrontational in person but will argue with a rock on the internet. I'm the last person to get offended by any type of silly fat joke or anything similar. That doesn't mean I was never frustrated with other rants and arguments that went on but even as recent as last week Frozen Pilgrim was all offended in the passover thread and I found it to be funny as fuck how pissed he was getting. He went as far as saying something like "fax don't even come say hi at coachella because it will be beyond awkward and you might not know what you are in for" or some shit. Funny as hell I see him and he's all fucking smiles and we hug and greet eachother. It's just silly to get all angry and make trivial threats over the computer.

I don't know. I'm sure i've called Valerie a cunt on here before and I don't regret it. It's the heat of an argument and she certainly was being cunty in my estimation. I don't have time to be angry at the world, certainly not the people I bullshit with all day.

A lot of what went down months ago I think helped my posting style (just a little). I take constructive criticism I think better than most. I'm used to posting on boards with friends so most is more conversational and without feeling the need to be witty or funny all the time or even coherent.

So basically I can think someone is being a cock at one moment and then hilarious the next minute. It will ultimately have little to no impact on any face to face interactions.

Out of curiosity Brandon, what is your handicap? If you don't care to discuss just ignore me.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I have to admit one of the deciding factors in going to Bonnaroo is the promise of finding acid again.

Though i'm not sure I will do it again. It has by far been my favorite experience with drugs which is why I did it over and over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    That is one thing I will never do here, and I hate when I see others do it. Maliciously make fun of someone for appearance or anything else that they cant change.
    Oh and I would actually argue I can change my appearance. I take full responsibility for my obesity. I'm down 30 lbs since January but I have a terrible track record for keeping it off.

Hippie

He went as far as saying something like "fax don't even come say hi at coachella because it will be beyond awkward and you might not know what you are in for"

That's good enough to be a sig. Pilgrim and quicksand are like a tag team.

MiSTEVEious, I completely appreciate and agree with your whole Bonnaroo > Coachella thing. MMJ got to play a whole hour long at coachella! YAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Backwater View Post
    MiSTEVEious, I completely appreciate and agree with your whole Bonnaroo >>>>> Coachella thing. MMJ got to play a whole hour long at coachella! YAY!
    After what went down last weekend, I think im ready to say Coachella>Bonnaroo. Its blasphemous, I know Tim but never in my life have I had that much fun before. Lets see how Bonnaroo treats me in June
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

You would have to consult the passover thread for exact wordage but apparently I insulted all Jews by calling it silly. I was crapping in his Cheerios.

Pilgrim and quicksand are like a tag team.
    The scary difference between these two is that 90% of what Pilgrim posts he's actually very serious about...
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Put a boombox playing Sarah McLachlan behind a fan, call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by pancakespancakes View Post
    The scary difference between these two is that 90% of what Pilgrim posts he's actually very serious about...

Right.

Hippie

Well Salah, this years' coachella lineup was tailor made for you so of course we can make an exception in your case. I've often liked coach lineups better than roos as well. Plus, they have the much cooler scenery with the mountains and everything. However, everything else that goes into making a fest good or bad, roo wins in a landslide.

Ozzfest is better than both of them.

I just need to fall back in love with Bonnaroo. I have no doubt that I will. I guess I wish I liked the lineup a little more
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Oh Mark, jigawig (Danny) is going to roo but I think with his own group. I've tried to subtly invite him a few times but it's not catching on. I have his # though and we should give him a ring when we're settled in.

Ozzfest is better than both of them.
    Rock on the Range for the scenery.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Put a boombox playing Sarah McLachlan behind a fan, call it a day.

Oh and I would actually argue I can change my appearance. I take full responsibility for my obesity. I'm down 30 lbs since January but I have a terrible track record for keeping it off.
    I take full responsibility for my fatness but not all people have control over it, medical disorders or whatnot. (Rather than uhmmmm sitting on couch playing video games and eating pie, I admit it). But I get what Brandon was saying and agree... I will make fun of people for the tastes they have, the things they do, the way they dress, but not for something they can't change. There is teasing and then there is cruelty.

Hippie

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    I just need to fall back in love with Bonnaroo. I have no doubt that I will.
    After roo this year, Trey will be your new B-Flo.

pilgrim actually turned out to be pretty tolerable in person though. Just goes to show...

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    Oh Mark, jigawig (Danny) is going to roo but I think with his own group. I've tried to subtly invite him a few times but it's not catching on. I have his # though and we should give him a ring when we're settled in.
    I have his number too. I talked to him last week on the phone actually. We'll meet up there for sure.

Out of curiosity Brandon, what is your handicap? If you don't care to discuss just ignore me.
    I dont mind at all, as it sort of gives me a forum to try to persuade people to support stem cell research.

I have a form of muscular dystrophy called Charcot Marie Tooth. While the name is slightly odd it has nothing to do with my teeth, those are just the last names of the dudes that discovered it.

In short:

You have a coating or sheath around your nerves, and I like to use speaker cable as an example when I explain it to people. Parts of my sheath or cable coating are missing, so messages to my brain from my muscles either don't arrive in full or don't arrive at all. The same is true for messages from the brain to the muscles. Because of that, I have atrophy mainly in my left foot, although the disease effects both the hands and feet. The way I walk is effected and standing/walking or being on my feet for long periods of time is pretty painful. Coachella is always an endurance test for me, and why you will usually find me hanging onto the rails of the soundboards (also because I like to get into it and have bad balance and dont want to fall over). The walk at night at Roo is the only thing that worries me, and is why I am going to try to nail down a placard. Unfortunately there is no cure, and it only gets worse. I am lucky though. I have seen children with MD much more severe than mine, and the fact that I can walk, let alone go to and enjoy music festivals means that life cant be all that bad.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    pilgrim actually turned out to be pretty tolerable in person though. Just goes to show...
    Pilgrim gave me a big fat kiss on the cheek. 'nuff said

After roo this year, Trey will be your new B-Flo.
    Im gunna be so wet and sticky after "Terrible Lie". Fact
    Last edited by sbessiso; 04-27-2009 at 05:21 PM.

Serious question: Will we be at a higher risk of catching SWINE FLU since we'll be on the farm?

Brandon, thank you for enlightening me. I didn't notice your disability at all during the brief meetings we had. I hope the Roo is comfortable for you and don't hesitate to ask any of us for help with anything during the weekend. I think we all know we can all reach out to each other at this point for anything. I think it's pretty awesome we all share this passion for music and have some sort of respect for each other.

I really sound like a god damned hippie in this thread these days.