Page 90 of 454 FirstFirst ... 8586878889909192939495 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,700 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

ballet or opera: which would you prefer as an expression of your life on stage?

if you had to have an extra body part, what would you choose and why?

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    the only cocks I suck belong to black women.
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    We use the term "Off-roading" when we wanna go down on a guy with a freakish bush. "Randy, should I throw some Nair to my patch?" "Nah, brah, I wanna go off-roading"

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    my favourite "other intoxicant" is LSD...
    excelent description. did you really spend the school day on acid in high school? nobody ever noticed?

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    Ivy,

If you were going to make an amusement park where you could take rides from all the parks of the world, which rides would you take? If you want tomake up rides, that's fine. Where would you build the park? How would you lay it out (hub?, boardwalk? ect.)? No limitations.

This is not a proposal, but did you ever think it would be cool to have my last name?
    i really want to do the first question justice, so i am waiting to respond until i've got it just right. since you are even more of a disneyland aficionado than i am, i feel i must represent.

in regards to the second question, probably not because my brother's name is ivan and that would just be odd, lol. i really am going to be sad to possibly give up my last name someday as i have a really awesome name. my last name is pronounced "kiwis", so i'm "ivy " or "iQ".

not to mention that "ivy ivan" would be really hard to say

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    What book has had the greatest impact on your life?

What are your thoughts on having kids of your own?
    off the top of my head i would say nectar in a sieve. it's a book written by an indian woman whose life and town are completely changed when a tannery is built. she and her husband were just working their whole lives to own the land they farmed and lived on, but then the tannery comes and changes everything. it was so interesting to see the effect one industrial business had on this town and her entire life and her kids. i simply couldn't imagine having to hide and save fucking rice just to eat like once every few days.

the relationship with her husband was also interesting to me as it was not a marriage of love, yet i feel that they do eventually find love together. i simply couldn't imagine my family marrying me off at 12, but at the same time, i couldn't imagine a life where that might actually be the best option for me.

i was only 14 when i read the book, so that was the first time i also gave any thought to the actions of nations like ours and their effect on people's lives. it also made me think about the price we pay for progress and that while progress is important, everyone needs to be on board or "progress" can be devastating.

onto your next question, it also made me realize how much i really just want a family and kids. that's all i want out of life, besides to try to make things better than i found them. it's weird because i was kinda raised as an only child (i have two half-brothers, but they're 11/12 years older), so i don't have much experience with caring for children, never really babysat as my mom thinks it's retarded to let children watch children. hell, i've never even changed a diaper!

but it's just in me, the desire to have kids and to care for a family. i actually don't mind doing things around the house: cleaning, laundry, cooking, ect. and i would be happy to do those things for a family (and also work, i'd go nuts if i didn't at least work part time). i'm not going to go into a "children are our future" rant, because honestly i'm not really good at caring for other people's children. but i love the curiousity and genuine nature of children and having one of my own would add so much happiness to my life. plus, kids challenge your beliefs and teach YOU a lot about life too.

while i probably would adopt if i couldn't have kids of my own, i really want kids of my own. i love my familiy and would love to add to it. i love human behavior, so in a sense being able to have a biological child would be a great way for me to analyze their behavior and relate it to the family.

but as i get older i get more worried about having kids and the responsibility terrifies me. i'm sure i'd be ok with it if it happened, but it's going to be hard to nail down a time as to when i want to have kids. i hate feeling like i only have so much time biologically to have kids because i want to be an older parent. my parents were older and to me, that meant they had many years of being selfish out of their system and were able to be quality, stable parents for me. i want to do the same for my kids. when that will be though is up to the man above i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by downingthief View Post
    I'm honored, Ivy! Let's go!
    if you ask in the form of a question i this thread this week, i think we have to

Quote Originally Posted by allyjoy View Post
    ballet or opera: which would you prefer as an expression of your life on stage?

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
    wow that's a tough one. i think a lot of opera music and singers are beautiful, but my life is already dramatic enough without it being an opera, lol. so i'd say ballet. non-verbal representation would be more meaningful as a lot of the experiences i've had are pretty clear-cut as to why they made me the way i am and might make for a boring opera as there's not much conflict. i think ballet would allow more room for grey areas in how i feel about certain parts of my life.

i would have another right hand as my right hand is pretty fucking useless.

a woodchuck would chuck as much wood as makes the woodchuck happy

tee hee, wood
    Last edited by chairmenmeow47; 03-15-2010 at 03:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

not to mention that "ivy ivan" would be really hard to say
    Actually you would be saying "Ivy ivankay". Now to see what Ivanka Trump thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    excelent description. did you really spend the school day on acid in high school? nobody ever noticed?
    i didn't do acid until the last week of boarding school my freshman year and i graduated a year early, so this was only for two years really but yes.

my sophmore year, i declared tuesday international "fryday" since tuesdays are the worst day of the week. back then, you could get tabs for $3-$5 and they were everywhere. it was so hard to come back to public school in arizona after being at an art school with people who actually enjoy learning, so i guess i just escaped with acid. especially after a lot of bad stuff went down, i just didn't know how to deal.

i'm sure some people noticed, i wore a superman cape and looked like this most of the time:

at one point, my friend worked in the front office and they had started some sort of anonymous box that you put names in of people you think should be drug tested (though they never actually did any testing). my friend had to work the box and took my name out a few times, so obviously some people knew but i kept good grades until the end of my senior year when i pretty much stopped going to most classes, graduated early and wasn't violent or anything like that so no one did anything.

it did get out of control at one point though to where i did it for two and a half weeks straight and kept doing it until people stopped selling to me. thankfully it didn't seem to do too much damage other than the fact that i was an emotional wreck at that time and i'd get this weird tingling sensation on the left side of my body. what's funny is the guy who hit/raped/stalked me tried to have an intervention for my acid use at one point, what a sweet guy

Actually you would be saying "Ivy ivankay". Now to see what Ivanka Trump thinks.
    omg i'm a tard. i don't know why i didn't think the kay was part of the name, lol.

i'll make sure to nominate ivanka

Memorial_07

can someone help me with this thread?

do i just put info about myself?

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Week 1)

This week we will feature sbessiso. This lad is a homosexual from Florida who loves Beck, Bonnaroo and chemicals. He is only 20 years old and his next big show will be Nine Inch Nails. Salah was also part of the inaugural Party All Weekend camp group aka PAW at Coachella 2008. He has made quite an impact on the message board.

Now, what do we not know about Salah that you want to ask him?

Next week we will do an expose on another board member if this is an enjoyable feature. If not let it rot to the bottom of the board.

Feel free to post pictures and talk about good times you have had with Salah. This is a celebration of a board member as well.

I will start. Salah, what type of job do you have and do you live on your own or with your parents?
    basically it's like BMOTW was if you were around for that. a person is nominated by the last person to be asked questions by the board for a week. this week, i was selected by souldischarge, as his week ended monday. it's just a way to get to know a member of the board each week.

I can't tell if that picture of RotationSlimWang shows grey hair or it's just the light.

Resident DnB Encyclopedia Donaldj's Avatar

• everything is fucking hilarious
    • it makes me look at things more logically and less emotionally, which is a big deal for me since i'm an emotional fuck.
    • it makes everything visually appealing
    • it makes me think differently about things (like perhaps something i was having trouble understanding before the trip)
    • it makes me think more about some things (like the little things in life or about how i'm going to resolve certain issues in my life)
    • and yet it makes me think less about other things (like shit i shouldn't have been so concerned with in the first place)
    • it gives me courage to be myself and fuck anyone who doesn't like it
    • it makes me dance like no one is watching
    • it makes me fuck purely based on the way it feels
    • and most importantly, it brings me back to my "center" and reminds me who i am and why i live every day
    Awesome list, I agree with every single one of these. Acid was also the first thing I ever tried. It's one of the few drugs that is as much fun to do by one's self as it is with other people. Although "it makes me fuck purely based on the way it feels" is definitely a reason to have a Significant Other around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Semantic View Post
    If there was a Frank Lucas of DnB links, Donald would be him...

Donald is not only the Frank Lucas of the board, but also the resident Buddha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    All in favor of an Underworld / High Contrast US co-tour say "AYE!"
    "Real Drum & Bass is not something that sounds like a 17 year old rock band who have just listened to Slipmatt on their first E & decided to make Drum & Bass" - Marcus Intalex

http://soundcloud.com/donaldj-1/jind...pect-8-16-2012

Chairmenmeow,
    Please give us three songs for each of the following situations:

1. You just walked into your fave club/bar with a head full of intoxicants already and all of your favorite peeps are there to greet you.

2. You're onstage at an old jazz club filled with hepcats and martinis.

3. You see your firstborn for the first time.

THE MAN LIES!!!

i had WAY too many kiltlifters last night thanks to tommy, loca and the phx crew. kiltlifters are a magical arizona beer with a 6% alcohol content!!!

kiltlifter comes from four peaks brewery. i forget what the building used to be, but it's a brewery now. it's an indoor/outdoor place with no a/c (RARE in arizona). parking is always a bitch, but that's because it's a tempe favourite. i love four peaks, they have food and some good specials sometimes. at my birthday part last year, i had a pony keg of the stuff. it's great.

i'm not really a cocktail or hard alcohol drinker. the only people that really get me to drink anything hard is my dad's side of the family, lol. but if strawberry daquiris count, that would be my favourite.

my favourite beer right now is kiltlifter. before that it was sunshine by new belgium. i <3 beer.

favourite wine is champagne or cabernet sauvignon.

my favourite "other intoxicant" is LSD.

it was the first subtance i EVER did; before alcohol or pot even. it was the only thing that really sounded interesting. i first did it because i thought i'd see shit or the walls would melt or something, but i quickly realized it was a spiritual experience. while i did it just to get through the school day in high school, i don't do it very often anymore, maybe once or twice a year.

it's not for everyone, but it's for me. it is some intense shit and if you can't handle being alone with your thoughts for a night, don't ever try it. but it is a very special thing to me and i try to only share it with very special people in my life. i can't just eat it on a whim; i have to prepare and have time to rest after. it has to just "feel right" though, so i never really know up until the moment i take it if i will actually take it.

what makes it so great is:

1. everything is fucking hilarious
    2. it makes me look at things more logically and less emotionally, which is a big deal for me since i'm an emotional fuck.
    3. it makes everything visually appealing
    4. it makes me think differently about things (like perhaps something i was having trouble understanding before the trip)
    5. it makes me think more about some things (like the little things in life or about how i'm going to resolve certain issues in my life)
    6. and yet it makes me think less about other things (like shit i shouldn't have been so concerned with in the first place)
    7. it gives me courage to be myself and fuck anyone who doesn't like it
    8. it makes me dance like no one is watching
    9. it makes me fuck purely based on the way it feels
    10. and most importantly, it brings me back to my "center" and reminds me who i am and why i live every day

if i had to list something i do regularly though, it would be marijuana. i'm a really anxious person and pot just turns a lot of that off for me. it also prevents me from having a lot of the nightmares i normally have. i probably smoke more than i should though.

i will answer ivan's and SD's questions in a bit
    I believe I'll have to try dropping acid again...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Memorial_07 View Post
    can someone help me with this thread?

do i just put info about myself?
    please read the first post of this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    the only cocks I suck belong to black women.
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    We use the term "Off-roading" when we wanna go down on a guy with a freakish bush. "Randy, should I throw some Nair to my patch?" "Nah, brah, I wanna go off-roading"

Fun Fact: Ivysaur was an integral part of the largest brawl in the history of Glendale, AZ.

Ivy, I couldn't help but picture the Fergie video when you told me you were at the drive thru in your convertable Mustang

Ivy, do you have any hidden talents and is there any music that you're embarrassed to admit you like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

Ivy, do tell about the largest brawl in the history of Glendale, AZ from your perspective. Or did i miss this somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Donaldj View Post
    It's one of the few drugs that is as much fun to do by one's self as it is with other people.
    totally right

Quote Originally Posted by fiyahhh! View Post
    Chairmenmeow,
    Please give us three songs for each of the following situations:

1. You just walked into your fave club/bar with a head full of intoxicants already and all of your favorite peeps are there to greet you.

2. You're onstage at an old jazz club filled with hepcats and martinis.

3. You see your firstborn for the first time.
    1. "a quick one while he's away" by the who
    2. she caught the katy, and left me a mule to ride or summertime
    3. this is really hard. blackout by muse or lucky by radiohead.

interesting question!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    Fun Fact: Ivysaur was an integral part of the largest brawl in the history of Glendale, AZ.

Ivy, I couldn't help but picture the Fergie video when you told me you were at the drive thru in your convertable Mustang

Ivy, do you have any hidden talents and is there any music that you're embarrassed to admit you like?
    well, largest brawl in the history of peoria/centennial high school, lol.

i haven't seen the fergie video

hmmm, not sure what my hidden talent is. this one is kinda weird, but i'd say my ability to hear a conversation between two people and translate to each other what one person misunderstood and what the other person is trying to say. it's something i've only recently started noticing, but my mother is good at this too. if i'm at a work meeting for example, i'll hear my manager say something and then one of my fellow employees will repond with a question and the manager might repspond back in a way that doesn't really answer the question. i'm pretty good at clearing situations like that up.

i'm embarassed to say i like a 98 degrees song that goes something like "it's the hardest thing i'll ever have to li-i-iiiiiie" or something like that. it's totally fucking gheigh and i don't know why i love to sing it.

Memorial_07

please read the first post of this thread
    so is everything directed to salah still?

i'll try this question again: Last day on earth and you can have anything you want. What's the perfect breakfast, lunch and dinner? Include drinks and desserts.

Quote Originally Posted by Memorial_07 View Post
    so is everything directed to salah still?
    This week is Ivy's turn. On Monday she will pass the torch on to whomever she wants next.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Ivy, do tell about the largest brawl in the history of Glendale, AZ from your perspective. Or did i miss this somewhere?
    ok, gather round kids for the anti-freeze story...

i've probably told this on the board somewhere, but i did a search and couldn't find anything. i made it large because this story comes up a lot, lol. and i'm sorry if you've heard this before. this is the story that caused the brawl...

it was the fall of 1998 and i was a senior in high school. i had an '86 mustang convertible my grandfather had left me. it was lunchtime, and me and my girlfriends amy, cassie and sam went to the jack in the box on like cactus and 75th i think (there's a hollywood video on that corner). we went there frequently for the 99 cent tacos and oreo shakes and we'd always see this big group of guys and a few girls outside the jack in the box. they were football players at our rival school centennial.

we drove by the group with the top down and said hi to the group. as you can see by the picture on the previous page i was not the type of girl the football players wanted to say hi to them, so they all started yelling "fuck you" and shit at us. whatever. so we went through the drive through and had to drive by the guys again. they ran up and poured a drink over my head.

i should have left. i didn't.

instead i got out of my car and chased them with a drink from our car. while i was doing this, one of the guys jumped into my car, spilled an oreo shake everywhere, kicked my center console and did some damage to the dash. my friend cassie had also gotten out of the car when i did, but she kinda just stood there yelling at the guy who had gotten in my car. i think it was him that pushed her down. when she fell, she broke her arm. at this point, things had gone to far and i was 16 and had no idea what to do.

i should have left. i didn't.

at this point i was bawling. i got in my trunk to see if i had a crowbar or some sort of weapon i could use to scare them off. thank god i DIDN'T find a crowbar. all i found was a bottle of anti-freeze.

i have no idea why i thought holding up a bottle of anti-freeze would be an effective defense. i really just thought about whacking anyone in the face who came near us. i held it up and yelled something like "if you guys don't leave us alone..." but i didn't finish before this guy runs over yelling "don't fucking pour that shit on my truck". which confused me because i had no fucking idea where his truck was or why that would be damaging.

in my confusion, i didn't see the guy who had pushed my friend down run up behind me. he held my arms and pulled me down while the guy who was worried about his truck ran over, grabbed the anti-freeze and poured it down my throat. i'm pretty sure another guy was helping hold me down too, but it's kinda hazy since he/they were behind me and someone was pouring anti-freeze in my face. i was of course squirming and yelling, so i didn't really swallow much.

at this point, a jack in the box employee runs out and yells "IF YOU GUYS DON'T CUT IT OUT I'M GOING TO CALL THE COPS".

wtf?! my friend amy yells "YES, PLEASE DO CALL THE COPS" so of course they drop me at that point and tear off in their cars. the guy with the bottle then throws it to the side, but it literally hits poor cassie in the face, so a bunch splashed in her eyes.

at this point, i was on the ground coughing and freaking out about the whole thing and of course cassie was in shock herself. a few band people from our school apparently were there and saw everything. they ran over to give us the license plate numbers and make sure we were ok. there was a giant debate over whether i should force myself to throw up or not, but i guess the bottle says not to.

a cop shows up while i'm coughing on the ground and tells me to "shut up". my high school, peoria, was VERY MUCH football school and peoria is very much a football town, so the crazy LSD loving girl on the ground didn't seem like someone they should help i guess. we gave them the guy's info. they called my parents, but couldn't reach them so i had to take an ambulence to the hospital since i was a minor or something. cassie's mom came and got her. they had to flush my eyes out in the ambulence and i was all shaky. i felt much better though when the EMT told me about a women she had recently seen who thought super glue was her contact lense solution.

so i was in the hospital for a few hours till my parents could finally get me. it was funny because these random people from school showed up at the hospital to see me as though i was terminally ill or something.

since it was a football town, nothing really happened to the guys. to add salt to the wound, they were ALLOWED TO PLAY IN THE FOOTBALL GAME AGAINST OUR FUCKING SCHOOL THAT NIGHT.

my friend had a brother who was in a gang and i ditched work that night to go with them to the football game and point out the guys. i chickened out once i got there though, it just didn't seem right to me. it was funny because people were coming up to me saying they heard i had my stomach pumped and all this shit.

the next day my family and i went to the cops, but they said i escalated a "harmless water fight" and that these poor football players were good boys with no record. WELL DUH, THEY'RE FUCKING 17. THIS IS WHERE THE RECORD BEGINS. i believe cassie went on to press further charges, but we weren't friends at that point. we did get victim's rights notifications though so when the two guys finally did end up in jail for shit like grand theft auto, i was notified when they were released.

anyways, onto the brawl...

so monday all the skaters had planned to go to the jack in the box to kick the football player's asses. our skaters were pretty fucking shady. they i guess planned for a fight at this discount tire one of the skaters worked at. i couldn't go because i was trying to press charges. not that i wanted to go, but i wasn't any part of all this and i want to make that clear.

so they went to the discount tire, but there were like 75-100 people, so they moved to this park. my guy friends that were there tell me it was like bravehart, they all just ran at each other and went to town. i know that rape guy got his ass beat, along with my friend tyler. i felt awful about that. apparently some people from the other school showed up with guns though, so that's how it ended.

i don't really have more brawl details other than what guys have told me about what happened. it was fucking huge though. people even went up to my mom at work (she worked at a department store) asking if she was the mother of "anti-freeze" girl. every once in awhile i'll meet someone today who asks me about it, it was nuts.

and that's the anti-freeze storyyyyyyyyy *jazz hands*
    Last edited by chairmenmeow47; 12-31-2008 at 12:33 PM.

i'll try this question again: Last day on earth and you can have anything you want. What's the perfect breakfast, lunch and dinner? Include drinks and desserts.
    breakfast:

bacon, egg & cheese biscuit from mcdonalds
    bacon
    powdered sugar donut
    iced-tea

lunch:

tortillas from st. mary's tortilla factory in tucson
    fajita meat - chicken & steak
    shredded sharp cheddar cheese
    refried beans w/ cheese
    spanish rice
    disneyland churro

dinner:

medium-rare steak
    crispy as fuck shoestring french fries
    champagne
    and for desert, one of those ice-cream-on-top-of-a-warm-cookie things

God, that sounds like West Side Story. Except without the romance.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

brawl story - wow. You got a little movie there.

Food - yum.

great story ivy, glad you stood your ground or you might always regretted it ...****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Memorial_07

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    This week is Ivy's turn. On Monday she will pass the torch on to whomever she wants next.
    Oh ok.
    Just be on alert for a turn

I was going to ask this and decided against it.

Anyway, great, well-thought out answers this week. I'm sure Faxman must be masturbating over it.

Chairmenmeow,
    Please take us on a journey through the musical phases of your life.

Meow.
    Just finished reading this week's answers. WOW. It’s impressive how easily you intermingle horrendous events and humor.

Here’s a question.
    What would you say are your strengths and your weaknesses?
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Ivy, Tell us your most embarrassing wish I could crawl in a hole story.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Kiltlifter is so good, the wedding I went to had kiltlifter on tap, same with the golf course I played out...

What would be the one group, band, person you would want to play Coachella 09?