Page 89 of 454 FirstFirst ... 8485868788899091929394 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,670 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    wow, sorry to bring up the bad memories but we can have a beer together and cheers the bad stuff. It does help at times.

If you could meet any one person from past, present or future and have a sit down, who would it be and why?
    it's all good, i just think it's amazing i wrote so much about something that happened literally 10 years ago, lol.

and i'd like to say i'd meet some great, influential figure of the past, but i'd probably just meet mama cass. she seemed like a really fun person with a big voice and an even bigger heart, and i'd just love to meet her and do acid together. i also hope she'd sing "i call your name" for me
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Ivy!!

1.What is the one thing in your life you could not possibly live without?

2. What world event in your lifetime has affected you the most (emotionaly, directly...whatever you find significant).

3. When are we going to lunch?

Ivy, three wishes and they all have to be selfish. Go!

Also, what's the worst thing that's ever happened to you?

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post

Jesus, can there be anything worse than what she's already told us?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Sorry, it's my default question, and I've been drifting in and out of this thread. Consider it retracted.

what is your favorite quote (simpsons excluded)?
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    the only cocks I suck belong to black women.
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    We use the term "Off-roading" when we wanna go down on a guy with a freakish bush. "Randy, should I throw some Nair to my patch?" "Nah, brah, I wanna go off-roading"

The murder capital where we murder for capital

If you could ask one famous dead person, one thing, who would it be and what would be the question?

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i would hands down want to win a tony for my performance as fantine in les miserables. it wasn't till my voice matured that i was really able to handle "i dreamed a dream", but man, her stuff is mostly in a perfect range for me and it's just such a beautiful score.
    I'm partial to Eponine, myself.

On that subject, what is your favorite musical (that you have seen performed live)? Cabaret is probably my favorite.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

What three people would complete your DREAM FOURSOME
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Chairmenmeow, if you could only listen to music from one continuous five-year period, what five years would you choose and why?

thestripe

Chairmenmeow, how many drinks in before pirate face shows up?

Quote Originally Posted by rskapcat View Post

On that subject, what is your favorite musical (that you have seen performed live)? Cabaret is probably my favorite.
    We need to get a musical thread so we continue this discussion without destroying this thread.

Charimenmeow, would you consider yourself a Patti Lupone Fantine or a Daphne-Rubin-Vega Fantine?

I missed SoulDischarge's week, lame.

Ivy, given my recent international travels, I'd like to ask if you were given an all expenses paid trip to anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Furthermore, if you had to drag along 5 other people from this messageboard (for tax reasons) for the trip, whom would you choose?
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Quote Originally Posted by downingthief View Post
    Ivy!!

1.What is the one thing in your life you could not possibly live without?

2. What world event in your lifetime has affected you the most (emotionaly, directly...whatever you find significant).

3. When are we going to lunch?
    1. well, besides family & friends and all that, i would have a really hard time functioning without iced-tea. i drink tons all day. i always have to have liquid with me, i think it's an arizona thing
    2. good question! thankfully no world events in my lifetime have significantly changed my life directly. i would have to say that legislating hate against gays has to be the one that really gets under my skin the most. i know that's not really a "world event", but it is something that seems to be taking center stage more as i've grown older. even my dad has a hard time accepting it and he's a really understanding and compassionate fella. i guess growing up with boys who were in theatre that had such a rough time "coming out", it really just hurts me to see that as a nation we are trying to make these people's lives WORSE. it really sickens me.
    3. i'm down next week if you are just not thursday, i start up school again.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post

oOoOoOo, selfish wishes, good addition. i'll forgo asking for more wishes then.

1. for my right hand to be pain free. i am very much a hands-on, kinetic person, and unfortunately the tendonitus in my wrist is slowly making it more and more difficult to do things that i enjoy. i used to spend hours making hand-crafted stationary to send letters to my friends from boarding school and such, and now it's too painful to really do anymore.
    2. i wish that i had a lifetime supply of travel tickets, meaning: air, rail, buses, taxis, ect. i absolutely love to travel, anywhere, anytime. it would be nice to be able to hop on any transit system i want whenever and just go.
    3. my last wish would be to be talented musically. i absolutely love singing, but unfortunately i do not have the talent for it. i am trained to sing, but i have to memorize something and then sing it, i can't just start singing along in a jam session or something. i'd love to be able to sing, or play piano or trumpet like i used to, but do it all well and from the heart. i am envious of anyone that has this talent where music just falls out of them.

and no worries about the "worst happened to you" question. ya know, my first friend tried to choke me to death, i've been pushed down flights of stairs, i've been beaten, i've been raped, i've had anti-freeze forced down my throat...

but after all that, finding out the guy i was living with for three years had cheated on me felt like the worst. on many levels. i absolutely hate being the last to know something like that. it makes me feel like a fool. but also, it makes me sad if someone i love can't talk to me about their feelings and chooses to lie to me. while i have very strong initial emotional reactions to things, i think i'm pretty good about being understanding once someone takes the time to explain to me how they feel. the fact that he felt he couldn't do that really hurt me. and the fact that he basically abandoned all the responsiblities we shared together for ME to clean up was one of the hardest experiences of my life. i was 20 years old! i was so poor and he was taking his new girl to dinner and shit like that. it was just so hard to abandoned like that after everything we had shared together; i really didn't see it coming.

i just got back from a meeting and will answer the rest in a bit
    Last edited by chairmenmeow47; 12-30-2008 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by allyjoy View Post
    what is your favorite quote (simpsons excluded)?
    while we're on the subject of les miz, it's probably "to love another person is to see the face of god". that one can make me cry sometimes it's so beautiful. i'm agnostic and not religious in any sense, but i think that love and compassion for other people is the closest we can be to whatever "god" may be out there. it's so easy to judge people, to turn your back on them and to be mean to them. it's "easy to be hard" as they say in hair. it's harder to understand, to stay with them through the hard times and to forgive. i think when we strive towards doing the latter, we truly become the best people we can be.

more to come

Favorite Lost episode and why? Also, what do you think of this?:

jesus christ, i leave the board for an hour to find the disneyland thread and there's all these fry threads. wtf?!

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    If you could ask one famous dead person, one thing, who would it be and what would be the question?
    i would ask hitler who put all that sand in his vagina.

Quote Originally Posted by rskapcat View Post

as a whole, definitely les miserables. the best production i ever saw was in wyoming when i was like 11. it was a smallish theatre that did "joseph and the amazing technicolor dreamcoat" and it was fucking amazing. they were so energetic and committed. it was fabulous.

What three people would complete your DREAM FOURSOME
    jim morrisson, trent reznor and fiona apple. giggity.

Quote Originally Posted by fiyahhh! View Post
    Chairmenmeow, if you could only listen to music from one continuous five-year period, what five years would you choose and why?
    omg that would be so hard. honestly, if i could only pick one 5 year timeframe, it would probably be whatever five year time from the late 30s to early 40s that includes the most singers of "old standards" as i call them and some blues & big band/swing music, specifically including ella fitzgerald in that mix. i'd always have something to dance to, something to cry to and something to sing harmony to. it would probably be the best era for what i could stand on a regular basis, though i'd have to do a lot more research to know what 5 years specifically it would be.

a close runner up would includ the late 80s/early 90s so i could get some quality cure stuff, pretty hate machine, ect.

Quote Originally Posted by thestripe View Post
    Chairmenmeow, how many drinks in before pirate face shows up?
    i'm such a lightweight. 2 or 3 beers and i start getting a squnity-pirate-like-eye that my friends love to make fun of:

Quote Originally Posted by Gonshman View Post
    We need to get a musical thread so we continue this discussion without destroying this thread.

Charimenmeow, would you consider yourself a Patti Lupone Fantine or a Daphne-Rubin-Vega Fantine?
    hmmm, i'm not too familiar with the names of a lot of people anymore unfortuantely. the fantine from this version i bought when i saw it in london 13 years ago is my favourite though. i've seen the show many times and heard many different recordings, but that version is the best overall, and that fantine specifically is just heart wrenching. her voice has so much pain, i love it.

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    I missed SoulDischarge's week, lame.

Ivy, given my recent international travels, I'd like to ask if you were given an all expenses paid trip to anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Furthermore, if you had to drag along 5 other people from this messageboard (for tax reasons) for the trip, whom would you choose?
    my dream vacation changes all the time, but right now if ALL expenses were paid for, i'd say china. it would be cool to travel with enough money to pay for guides and luxury everything. i'd feel safer with money i think. i'd just love to go hiking there and visit everything historic. it's not really the top of my list in general, but with a ton of money, i think that would be the spot for now.

5 people i'd take with me:

1. RotationSlimWang (duh)
    2. AllyJoy
    3. downingthief
    4. Atypical (my real life friend who doesn't really post)
    5. ShyGuy75

i'm very picky about who i travel with, but i think this group would be fun

Quote Originally Posted by iv3rdawG View Post
    Favorite Lost episode and why? Also, what do you think of this?:

the constant. while i hate chick flicks and things like that, i really am a true romantic at heart. i just loved the way that whole thing worked, as cheesy as it may have been. i think desmond is a really genuine character and i really like him. i was so happy to see him get through all that by just using his mind.

i also liked that time travel was in the mind and not a physical thing, made it much more believable in a sense. faraday is an interesting character to me too, so it was cool to see at the end him reading that book only to find desmond is HIS constant.

it was just an all around great episode that even has a touch of love to it.

i'll have to watch the video at home and get back to you
    Last edited by chairmenmeow47; 12-30-2008 at 01:41 PM.

my dream vacation changes all the time, but right now if ALL expenses were paid for, i'd say china. it would be cool to travel with enough money to pay for guides and luxury everything. i'd feel safer with money i think. i'd just love to go hiking there and visit everything historic. it's not really the top of my list in general, but with a ton of money, i think that would be the spot for now.
    China is fantabulous, woman... get ye there before ye die. Beijing and Shanghai, specifically. I went with my mom, more for the historical & political stuff than anything. It's a strange land that has to be seen with your own eyes. Just know that the Great wall is a bitch to climb.

What is something you would like to accomplish just for bragging rights?
    Last edited by allyjoy; 12-30-2008 at 01:55 PM.
    the only cocks I suck belong to black women.
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    We use the term "Off-roading" when we wanna go down on a guy with a freakish bush. "Randy, should I throw some Nair to my patch?" "Nah, brah, I wanna go off-roading"

What do you think about dancing with Feather all night on New Years???

p.s. I hope pirate face makes an appearance.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggyduck View Post
    More laser beams is ALWAYS prefered to less laser beams. ALWAYS.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

I find it funny that Feather always talks about dancing. Feath, you do know that you don't actually dance, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

More than you do
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggyduck View Post
    More laser beams is ALWAYS prefered to less laser beams. ALWAYS.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Considering that I haven't in several years, the answer is still: barely.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Randy you must have done something right to have that gal ....

anyway, cute haircut meow, but if you had to change 180 degrees (color, cut, grow, etc) how would you change your hair ...****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Randy you must have done something right to have that gal ....

anyway, cute haircut meow, but if you had to change 180 degrees (color, cut, grow, etc) how would you change your hair ...****
    i think that anything to do with the lost video i just watche dis awsome. i also think that kiltlifters with coachella peeps at four peeks are awesome

as far as dancinjg with feather, i am 100% down with that

as far as hair, i fucking love my long, straight, natural brown hair. but if i could have any haircut again, it would be a short cut along my jawline like i had when iwas like 13. it's cute. i still prefer my long hair though, it's more fun that way

and as far as something i could accomplish simply for bragging rights, it would be beating someone's ass. i'm not really a fighter in that i understand where most peopel are coming from when it comes to conflict, but i'd love to be able to say i'd beat someone's ass whith my bare hands

Ivy,
    What you had to drink tonight? How was it?

On that thread, what is your favorite cocktail? your favorite beer? your favorite Wine? Favorite other intoxicant.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Ivy,

If you were going to make an amusement park where you could take rides from all the parks of the world, which rides would you take? If you want to make up rides, that's fine. Where would you build the park? How would you lay it out (hub?, boardwalk? ect.)? No limitations.

This is not a proposal, but did you ever think it would be cool to have my last name?
    Last edited by ivankay; 12-31-2008 at 11:38 AM.

What book has had the greatest impact on your life?

What are your thoughts on having kids of your own?

Considering that I haven't in several years
    THE MAN LIES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Ivy,
    What you had to drink tonight? How was it?

On that thread, what is your favorite cocktail? your favorite beer? your favorite Wine? Favorite other intoxicant.
    i had WAY too many kiltlifters last night thanks to tommy, loca and the phx crew. kiltlifters are a magical arizona beer with a 6% alcohol content!!!

kiltlifter comes from four peaks brewery. i forget what the building used to be, but it's a brewery now. it's an indoor/outdoor place with no a/c (RARE in arizona). parking is always a bitch, but that's because it's a tempe favourite. i love four peaks, they have food and some good specials sometimes. at my birthday part last year, i had a pony keg of the stuff. it's great.

i'm not really a cocktail or hard alcohol drinker. the only people that really get me to drink anything hard is my dad's side of the family, lol. but if strawberry daquiris count, that would be my favourite.

my favourite beer right now is kiltlifter. before that it was sunshine by new belgium. i <3 beer.

favourite wine is champagne or cabernet sauvignon.

my favourite "other intoxicant" is LSD.

it was the first subtance i EVER did; before alcohol or pot even. it was the only thing that really sounded interesting. i first did it because i thought i'd see shit or the walls would melt or something, but i quickly realized it was a spiritual experience. while i did it just to get through the school day in high school, i don't do it very often anymore, maybe once or twice a year.

it's not for everyone, but it's for me. it is some intense shit and if you can't handle being alone with your thoughts for a night, don't ever try it. but it is a very special thing to me and i try to only share it with very special people in my life. i can't just eat it on a whim; i have to prepare and have time to rest after. it has to just "feel right" though, so i never really know up until the moment i take it if i will actually take it.

what makes it so great is:

1. everything is fucking hilarious
    2. it makes me look at things more logically and less emotionally, which is a big deal for me since i'm an emotional fuck.
    3. it makes everything visually appealing
    4. it makes me think differently about things (like perhaps something i was having trouble understanding before the trip)
    5. it makes me think more about some things (like the little things in life or about how i'm going to resolve certain issues in my life)
    6. and yet it makes me think less about other things (like shit i shouldn't have been so concerned with in the first place)
    7. it gives me courage to be myself and fuck anyone who doesn't like it
    8. it makes me dance like no one is watching
    9. it makes me fuck purely based on the way it feels
    10. and most importantly, it brings me back to my "center" and reminds me who i am and why i live every day

if i had to list something i do regularly though, it would be marijuana. i'm a really anxious person and pot just turns a lot of that off for me. it also prevents me from having a lot of the nightmares i normally have. i probably smoke more than i should though.

i will answer ivan's and SD's questions in a bit
    Last edited by chairmenmeow47; 12-31-2008 at 05:44 AM.

i

5 people i'd take with me:

1. RotationSlimWang (duh)
    2. AllyJoy
    3. downingthief
    4. Atypical (my real life friend who doesn't really post)
    5. ShyGuy75

i'm very picky about who i travel with, but i think this group would be fun
    I'm honored, Ivy! Let's go!