Page 433 of 454 FirstFirst ... 428429430431432433434435436437438 ... LastLast
Results 12,961 to 12,990 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

OnlyNonStranger,

- What is the inspiration behind your username?

- If you could be a guest on any talk show, which show would it be? What would you discuss? If it were a show that had multiple guests who you got to hang out with in the green room beforehand, who would the other interviewed guest be and who would be the musical guest?

- What is your most embarrassing sex story?

- If you could run your own music festival: when & where would you hold it, what would it be called, and who would be the top 3 acts for each day?
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

can you tell us about the one that got away?

also, are you as sad as i am that we didn't get to meet recently?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Are you still with that pretty lady with the short hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    OnlyNonStranger,

- What is the inspiration behind your username?

- If you could be a guest on any talk show, which show would it be? What would you discuss? If it were a show that had multiple guests who you got to hang out with in the green room beforehand, who would the other interviewed guest be and who would be the musical guest?

- What is your most embarrassing sex story?

- If you could run your own music festival: when & where would you hold it, what would it be called, and who would be the top 3 acts for each day?
    - Embarrassingly enough it is a handle that I have used for years back from when I listened to a lot of Incubus. I don't specifically remember the song but I've always liked the meaning that I have taken from it. Something along the lines of a person that everyone knows. Not because I literally know everyone but more in the fact that I find a lot of people comfortable with me and rarely run into people who can't open up to me.

- I honestly don't watch any talk shows. The one that I have seen and enjoyed would have to be Conan. We would probably talk about how it's hard for me to fit in with the people of the country that I am living in. What I mean by that is I lived in the States for so long that all my Canadian friends call me an American. Whereas the entire time that I lived in the States they all called me a Canadian. Pretty boring I know. The other guest would be Paul Rudd as I always laugh at his movies. Musical guest would have to be Trampled by Turtles as they're touring right now and I thoroughly enjoy their twang.

- I went to high school in Baton Rouge. After high school I moved away to College Station thinking that I would like it there. I didn't. I kept in touch with friends and eventually started dating someone long distance from there. Even though my parents didn't live in Baton Rouge anymore we still had a house there that they were trying to sell. I used this as a home base, even though it didn't have any furniture. Coincidentally my mother was coming into town as they had found a buyer, at the same time that I was visiting my girlfriend and my high school friends. She never told me, or maybe she did, I smoked a lot of weed back then. Anyway, I had my girlfriend over and we were having a naked picnic, which turned into sexy times, on the living room floor. I did not hear the car pull up. I did however hear my mother's shriek as she looked through our front door which had a lot of glass in it. That was the first, and last, time that my mother met that girl. It's alright though. We broke up shortly afterward as long distance relationships are dumb and she started fucking one of my friends.

- My quick answer to this would be to hold it in late July in the Rocky mountains by Calgary but I know how music festivals can be detrimental to environments and would hate for that to happen there. It would have to be a no trace festival. Since it would be a Canadian festival I would want big Canadian artists to headline. Rush, Neil Young, and Ian Tyson come to mind. The other headliners, even though they may not sell out a festival, would be Nickel Creek and Guster. The Tallest Man On Earth would be there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    can you tell us about the one that got away?

also, are you as sad as i am that we didn't get to meet recently?
    - While I was attending UNT I dated/slept with a lot of girls. The female to male ratio of Denton is 3/2 and since I had just broken up with the girl I moved to Texas for, I turned into quite the slut. One of the girls that I routinely saw was this beautiful half Persian girl who had great taste in music. Unfortunately she wasn't 21 and couldn't come out to the bars. This was a deal breaker for immature me. Luckily for me, she was a fashion design major, and stayed up late sewing. Whenever the bar closed I would call her up and she would ask me over. I would stay the night and it was a perfect situation.

The more we hung out the more I wanted to hang out with her. I even started to see her before I went to the bars. We would talk about serious things too not just the superficial conversations that we had when I was drunk. I remember specifically her telling me that she has found herself in a strange situation. There had been another guy in her life at the same time as me. This didn't bother me as I had plenty of women in my life while she was around. She wound up telling me that one night he asked her to be his girlfriend but he was drunk and didn't remember if the next morning. This hurt her and she stopped seeing him. This meant that I was the only one in her life, which explained why we had been spending so much time together. Upon hearing this I realized that I did truly care about her. I got rid of the other women in my life and focused my energy all on her. That is until I made one stupid mistake. I took her out to dinner one night and then went to the bar, just like any other night. Afterwards I went straight to her place. We have our naked fun time just like normal. Afterwards when we're laying next to each other I, drunkenly, tell her how I feel about her and ask her to be my girlfriend. Without thinking about it I fall asleep. When I wake up the next morning I realized what I did and could not face her. She couldn't talk to me either. I left quickly as it was one of the most awkward situation I've ever been in. That is exactly what she didn't want. She wanted someone to say those things romantically. Not in a drunken stupor. I had turned into just like everyone else. We didn't speak for a long time.

When we finally started talking again it was completely different. There were girlfriends for me and boyfriends for her but we always talked to each other. We also told each other about the problems in our relationships but neither one of us could bridge the gap that I made with those stupid drunken comments. Currently, she lives in LA as a fashion designer and, hopefully, is very happy. If one day she came up to me and asked me to drop everything and be with her, I would hard pressed to say no. I would like to think that I would be able to say no now as I am in a very happy relationship but you never know..

- Yes, it is lame that we did not hang out but I do understand how it can be for you.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Are you still with that pretty lady with the short hair?
    Yes I am although her hair isn't as short anymore. She's been growing it out "for me."

I like your responses to "embarrassing sex story" and "the one who got away."

If you could inherit a business of your choosing, what kind of business would it be and what would you name it?

What were your career aspirations in high school and how closely have you hewed to them?

What advice would you give 18-year-old you?

If you could use a time machine to attend any concert in history, which concert would you see?
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

Warren - What is your favorite band from Denton? What is your general impression of the Denton music scene? What years did you live in Denton?
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

If you could change one thing about the way your country is run what would it be ?

I like your responses to "embarrassing sex story" and "the one who got away."

If you could inherit a business of your choosing, what kind of business would it be and what would you name it?

What were your career aspirations in high school and how closely have you hewed to them?

What advice would you give 18-year-old you?

If you could use a time machine to attend any concert in history, which concert would you see?
    - I would definitely want a dog daycare. Dogs are my favourite animal. I would name it "Ruff Life."

- I honestly had no career aspirations in high school. I had absolutely no idea what I wanted to do when I grew up. Most of high school was spent focusing on my diving career which I had hoped to take my to University and then hopefully to the Olympics. But all that crumbled away when I injured my back. I spent six weeks in traction and physical therapy before I was able to return to diving. After the accident it just wasn't the same. I had a huge mental block that I could not break through. That marked the end of my plans and there on I was lost.

- I would tell 18 year old me to stop smoking pot and grow the fuck up, at the rate I was going it would take 7 years to finish school.

- I don't have anything that sticks right out to me. Seeing Led Zeppelin in the early 70s would be pretty cool. I used to really like them.

Quote Originally Posted by york707 View Post
    Warren - What is your favorite band from Denton? What is your general impression of the Denton music scene? What years did you live in Denton?
    Oh man. I haven't thought about any of the bands from Denton in a long time. I'm guessing that my favourite would have to be Goodness Gracious and the Sakes Alive. They were a kind of country mountain band. Lots of fun. I was friends with one of the guys. We both had beards and drank whiskey, I tended the bar he played in and that was enough for us.

Denton had a great music scene when I was there. We had a little bit of everything. Unfortunately there were a lot of hippie jam bands but I felt that was the only draw back. UNT has, or had, the number one Jazz school in the nation so obviously there was a lot of that.

I lived in Denton from 2005-2009.

Quote Originally Posted by vulcandeathgrip View Post
    If you could change one thing about the way your country is run what would it be ?
    If it were up to me we never would have left the Kyoto Protocol. Sciences need to be made more of an importance.

old school

OnlyNonStranger,

There is a dog daycare near my town called Ruff Life. Just so you know.

In this daycare would you allow all dogs or only specific kinds? Tell us more about this doggy daycare.

Where do you see yourself in 15 or 20 years?

What is your most embarrassing work related story?

Gun to your head, which member's contribution to the "Post Nude Pictures of Yourself That Won't Get You Banned" thread would you jerk off to?

Your girlfriend's going to die unless you kill a board member. Who do you kill? Why him/her & how do you do it? (Must be somebody currently active on the board, and it can't be me, you cheeky bastard.)

Who would star in a biopic about your life and what would the title be?

Who are your 5 favorite music artists?

How many Coachellas have you attended and what prompted you to make your first trek?

What exactly do you do for a living?

Warren,

What is the most dangerous animal (not including humans) you've encountered in the wild?

Who are your favorites amongst other Warrens?

This may have been covered in one of the alcohol threads but what is your go-to whisk(e)y? What is the best you have tried?
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    OnlyNonStranger,

There is a dog daycare near my town called Ruff Life. Just so you know.

In this daycare would you allow all dogs or only specific kinds? Tell us more about this doggy daycare.

Where do you see yourself in 15 or 20 years?

What is your most embarrassing work related story?
    If I didn't have to worry about money I would work with aggressive cases. I've done work with aggressive dogs before and it has worked out well in the past. I figure that I could keep it up.

In 15 years I will be in my early 40s. It's weird to think about as I only really have a 5 year plan at the moment. I hope to be settled someplace comfortably. Working a job that I enjoy that pays enough so that I can keep my family comfortable. I will have traveled and continue to travel the world. Maybe working in green energy? That would be nice.

I masturbated once while at work in the bathroom when I was bored. I wasn't even on break. It was just something to do.

Gun to your head, which member's contribution to the "Post Nude Pictures of Yourself That Won't Get You Banned" thread would you jerk off to?

Your girlfriend's going to die unless you kill a board member. Who do you kill? Why him/her & how do you do it? (Must be somebody currently active on the board, and it can't be me, you cheeky bastard.)

Who would star in a biopic about your life and what would the title be?

Who are your 5 favorite music artists?

How many Coachellas have you attended and what prompted you to make your first trek?

What exactly do you do for a living?
    I'm gonna join the line and say Algunz. I would imagine all the things that she could teach me. Though I imagine it would be quite hard to masturbate with a gun to my head.

Jake Gyllenhal. I have been told that we look alike. I am lacking a witty title though..

My two all time favourites are Nickel Creek and Guster. My current favourites are Horse Feathers, The Tallest Man On Earth, and Trampled by Turtles.

I would off Sleepingrock. He has met my girlfriend and I'm sure he would die for her. Also, if he was out of the picture I could have my girlfriend and his girlfriend. He has told me numerous times that I am his girlfriend's type. Plus I'm sure I'm better in bed than he is.

I went from 2007-2010. The first time I went is because I thought Rage Against the Machine was great when I was a teenager and thought that seeing them live would be great as well. I fell in love with the festival and the next four years kept getting better and better. Unfortunately it hasn't been in the cards the past two years and probably won't be next year. One year I'm sure I'll return.

I am a Site Administrator for a engineering and construction company up in the oil sands of northern Alberta. Basically I am responsible for keeping everything run smoothly. It's not what I'm going to do for the rest of my life but I am getting a wide range of experience.

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    Warren,

What is the most dangerous animal (not including humans) you've encountered in the wild?

Who are your favorites amongst other Warrens?

This may have been covered in one of the alcohol threads but what is your go-to whisk(e)y? What is the best you have tried?
    I've been in close proximity to a wolf when I was hiking alone once in Banff. Not my smartest move. Luckily, I scared him off which meant he was probably alone.

When my family and I lived in South America we were able to do a lot of scuba diving and snorkeling. I remember once snorkeling above a reef in Bonaire and seeing a silver flash by the dock. Upon further investigation I discovered that it was actually a 3ft Great Barracuda. I was only 11 at the time and decided I wanted a closer look. Luckily for me it decided my fingers didn't look appetizing so it swam away.

I have no favourite Warrens. Celebrity or otherwise. If I had to choose I would say Warren G as a lot of people have called me that throughout my entire life.

My go-to whiskey is Jameson. I prefer Scotch when I'm at home as I refuse to pay $11 for a shot. I like a nice Islay more than any other I've tried. Laphroaig being my favourite.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I masturbated once while at work in the bathroom when I was bored. I wasn't even on break. It was just something to do.
    At your current employer?

What's embarrassing about you masturbating at work? That's unusual, but embarrassment would only have come if someone walked in on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    At your current employer?
    God no!

What's embarrassing about you masturbating at work? That's unusual, but embarrassment would only have come if someone walked in on you.
    I was embarrassed. I still did it but I was embarrassed.

Laphroaig being my favourite.
    Mine too.

If I didn't have to worry about money I would work with aggressive cases. I've done work with aggressive dogs before and it has worked out well in the past. I figure that I could keep it up.
    Have you seen DogTown? Which of the caretakers from Best Friends Animal Sanctuary shown in that TV series are you most like?
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

I have not seen the show. I also was not able to watch it on netflix as the download speeds in the camp where I stay are horrendous.

Let me try this again . . .

Tell us about your best traveling experience and your worst.

How do you feel about being so dull that nobody but algunz gives a shit about continuing to ask you questions? (winkyface so you don't think I'm just being a RSW-level prick)

How do you feel about being so dull that nobody but algunz gives a shit about continuing to ask you questions? (winkyface so you don't think I'm just being a RSW-level prick)
    Technically I think ONS's week is actually over as of this past Monday - so question time is past and he needs to pick a new person.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

We've lost interest in everyone.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Abort ship.

Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.