Page 43 of 454 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

If you were forced to adopt 4 children, what would their ages, sexes and nationalities be? Also if you adopt from another nation why did you choose that nation?

What are your thoughts on illegal mexican immigration?

faxman, have you taken up human trafficking...?

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    (Is that Robert Johnson?)

Fondest childhood memory?
    Yep! It is Robert Johnson. The Father of all that is Blues.

Hmmmmm...fondest memory. Wow, that is a good question.

Hard to pin point, but I would have to say our family trips to Pine Top, Arizona. My Mom at the time had a boss that owned a cabin up there. Great area, lots to explore. What I loved about the cabin itself was that it had a loft on the top floor. I was an only child, so I had it all to myself. There were comic books up there, toys, and a small window that looked out over the trees. Even at a young age ( was probably around 9, or 10), I enjoyed my peaceful reflection time.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    faxman, have you taken up human trafficking...?

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    sean, since we work so close, when the fuck are we going to have lunch together?

and what is your favourite local venue? (phoenix represent)
    No kidding! I really suck...need to do that ASAP.

Local venue...hmmmm....well, of the "larger venues" (meaning non bar), I would say Mesa Amphitheatre. Love the feel of it, and on a perfect outdoor night, it can be magical.

I still enjoy going to Hollywood Alley. Lots of fond memories there of playing, getting drunk, almost getting in fight over the sound with the sound guy...good times.

Sean,

please discuss your anglophilia. Specifically, how you came to it and how it enriches your life.

Also, please tell us the happy ending love story of how you met your wife, started dating, when you knew she was the 'one', all that sappy crap.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    If you were forced to adopt 4 children, what would their ages, sexes and nationalities be? Also if you adopt from another nation why did you choose that nation?

What are your thoughts on illegal mexican immigration?
    I would have to keep it equal, so 2 boys 2 girls. I would want a boy to be oldest, so let's say 10. Keeping 2 years apart from each, the next would be a girl of 8, then a boy of 6, then a girl of 4.

I would want to adopt from somewhere in Africa, probably Ethiopia, or Sudan. I hate seeing the suffering of children, and that area of the world has some of the worst atrocities of that kind.

I want people to come over here legally. That said, I cannot blame Mexicans for wanting to come here. I would probably too if I was in their shoes, under a corrupt governement. There needs to be more pressure put on El Presidente to make his citizens want to remain in their country. More jobs, etc. That will take time, but it needs to be done.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by downingthief View Post
    There needs to be more pressure put on El Presidente to make his citizens want to remain in their country. More jobs, etc. That will take time, but it needs to be done.
    this is why you rock, sean
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Sean,

please discuss your anglophilia. Specifically, how you came to it and how it enriches your life.

Also, please tell us the happy ending love story of how you met your wife, started dating, when you knew she was the 'one', all that sappy crap.

Thanks.
    Ha! Just because I like soccer, right? I wouldn't describe that as anglophilia...I'm just cultured.

Ahh, yes, The origin story of our happy love-nest. Ok.

The band I was in about 4 years ago had a drummer. This drummer had a really, really hot friend. One gig on a hot summer evening at Last Exit, said drummer brought said friend to the show. Now, problem was I was seeing another girl at that time. In fact, I was having a conversation with her at the time I felt a tap on my shoulder, and turned around. I was introduced to this stunning raven haired beauty. We exchanged brief pleasantries, and then went back to our other conversations.

After the show, she came up and said how much she enjoyed it. I tried to act nonchalant, as my current girl was looking on. After I left, I was resigned to the fact that I may not see her again.

Fast forward to November. We have a scheduled gig coming up, and after emailing back and forth with the drummer about it, I mention that I am no longer seeing that girl, and if that cute friend of his will be coming to the next show. So, what does he do? He FORWARDS the email to her, and says, "Here ya go." I thought, great...any chance I had with her is blown. It actually worked in my favor, because we soon started conversing. Soon after, we began talking on the phone. A few weeks later, we went out on our first date.

Now, as far as knowing she was the one...I knew the first date. Not kidding. It freaked me out a bit, because I was divorced, with a kid. I was NOT looking for anything serious at all. Sometimes, you just can't fight it though.

I would want to adopt from somewhere in Africa, probably Ethiopia, or Sudan. I hate seeing the suffering of children, and that area of the world has some of the worst atrocities of that kind.
    Nice, I went to a hockey game with my friend from work who is from the Sudan and Etheopia. Did you know they have a "lost boys" shelter here in phoenix? I didn't til I met him. Pretty cool.

Thank you for your open and honest answer.

Now, as far as knowing she was the one...I knew the first date. Not kidding. It freaked me out a bit, because I was divorced, with a kid. I was NOT looking for anything serious at all. Sometimes, you just can't fight it though.
    Nice.

I also now know my mistake. I met my ex at the Yucca Tap Room. I knew I should have stuck to the last exit. Oh well, i'm going there tonight i'll keep my beer goggles clear for any stragglers.

Nice, I went to a hockey game with my friend from work who is from the Sudan and Etheopia. Did you know they have a "lost boys" shelter here in phoenix? I didn't til I met him. Pretty cool.

Oh, yeah. I used to play basketball with one of the original lost boys. He had an amazing story to tell.

ok...I feel like an asshole for not participating in this thread as much as I should be. For the most part it's a lot of reading to get inbetween tasks and I'm slow with coming up with a good question...

Either way you all are very interesting individuals and just wanted to say thanks for the stimulating read!!!

Who's the star of the week???

Sean,
    If you could only see three colors for the rest of your life (Black, white and greyscale not included, as you always get to see those; I'm generous like that) what would they be, and why? Note that you can see the full range of each of these three colors, like bright reds and darks and inbetween.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Sean,
    If you could only see three colors for the rest of your life (Black, white and greyscale not included, as you always get to see those; I'm generous like that) what would they be, and why? Note that you can see the full range of each of these three colors, like bright reds and darks and inbetween.
    Good question!

I really like the color green. So many shades are very pleasing to the eye. Very rich, yet soothing. Like a forest, right after a good rain. Nothing beats that.

Next would be red. Bold, exciting. When you see the color red, of any shade, it gets your attention immediately. I wouldn't want to be without that.

Lastly, I would have to say blue. I can't imagine not being able to see the sky, or water. Very peaceful, and full of hope.

Ha! Just because I like soccer, right? I wouldn't describe that as anglophilia...I'm just cultured.
    that and the fact that your band is named 10 Downing St and your board name also incorporates "downing".
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

that and the fact that your band is named 10 Downing St and your board name also incorporates "downing".
    Ahh, true. One of the main reasons of me liking the name 10 Downing St. was the dance club in Scottsdale of that name. I used to see it every day when I drove to ASU my Freshman year. Alays thought it would be a cool band name.

there's actually a fairly large lost boys community here, over 500 in all. I attended a function a few years ago where one of them spoke, it was quite moving.

http://www.azlostboyscenter.org/

thestripe

Downingthief,

With the current boom in the pirating career field, have you thought about leaving your current job to hit the seas as cpt. Thief?

If you were act on the above question, would you take to the modern clothing attire or sport the "old school" eye patch, hook hand and peg leg?

If you could pick three board members to be part of your crew, who would you pick and why? Which board member would you make walk the plank?

Lastly, as a pirate would you keep a parrot or monkey as company/deck hand? What would it's name be?

Sean,

I would be interested to know what your thoughts on this are. Do you think it's legitimate?

Sean,

Compare and contrast: "Hellhound on My Trail" vis-a-vis "Crossroad Blues". Also, for bonus points: Briefly describe other songs from Mr Johnson that you find particularly meaningful, and why.

Sean,

1. Could Robert Johnson beat up The Rock if they were alive during the same time period? Why or why not? How much money would you put on this fight?

2. Same question but with Hulk Hogan.

3. Same question but with Cloris Leachman.

Quote Originally Posted by thestripe View Post
    Downingthief,

With the current boom in the pirating career field, have you thought about leaving your current job to hit the seas as cpt. Thief?

If you were act on the above question, would you take to the modern clothing attire or sport the "old school" eye patch, hook hand and peg leg?

If you could pick three board members to be part of your crew, who would you pick and why? Which board member would you make walk the plank?

Lastly, as a pirate would you keep a parrot or monkey as company/deck hand? What would it's name be?
    Haven't thought about it, but in this job market, it is definitely an option.

I am old school, so the attire would reflect that. I picture an eyepatch, some sort of facial scar, tattered hat, and weathered leather boots. No peg leg, or hook hand. I like my limbs the way they are.

My first mate would be John (mountmccabe). I see him as a great navigator, and steward of the ship. Also, given his current profession, the crew would have excellent skin.

Next up would be Ivy (chairmenmeow). We already know she looks good in costume, and something tells me she would kick some serious ass wielding a sword.

Lastly, going to have to go with Andrew (bballr). Need another fellow musician on the ship. Plus, Andrew is young, and can attract some lovely native girls to come on board.

Walking the plan we have...Ken. Don't really know the dude all that well, but I got to please me crew. I think they would enjoy that.

I will have a monkey, and his name will be Randy.

there's actually a fairly large lost boys community here, over 500 in all. I attended a function a few years ago where one of them spoke, it was quite moving.

http://www.azlostboyscenter.org/
    David became a citizen about 3 months ago. Monday he told me he has changed his name and I am now to call him "both". I said both what. He said "no, that's my name now BOTH".

I said whatever David, get back to work. I've been to the center with him and he gave me a tour and I also met with the director there. Pretty awesome what they are able to do with so little at that center and everyone knows everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Sean,

I would be interested to know what your thoughts on this are. Do you think it's legitimate?
    Wow. I highly doubt it is legitmate. Really easy to fake photos up these days.

Sean,

Compare and contrast: "Hellhound on My Trail" vis-a-vis "Crossroad Blues". Also, for bonus points: Briefly describe other songs from Mr Johnson that you find particularly meaningful, and why.
    ooo...salivating on this one. Will have to get to this one a bit later, perhaps after lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Sean,

1. Could Robert Johnson beat up The Rock if they were alive during the same time period? Why or why not? How much money would you put on this fight?

2. Same question but with Hulk Hogan.

3. Same question but with Cloris Leachman.
    1. Since Robert Johnson has the Devil on his side, I say he turns the Rock into a crying baby waiting for a teat to suck on.

2. Same thing with this one, only Hulk Hogan doesn't cry. He does whimper a bit at the thought of a legitimate career.

3. This one ends in a draw. Cloris is surly bitch, and she fights dirty. The Devil likes this.

...salivating... lunch....
    ahahahahahaha

Haven't thought about it, but in this job market, it is definitely an option.

I am old school, so the attire would reflect that. I picture an eyepatch, some sort of facial scar, tattered hat, and weathered leather boots. No peg leg, or hook hand. I like my limbs the way they are.

My first mate would be John (mountmccabe). I see him as a great navigator, and steward of the ship. Also, given his current profession, the crew would have excellent skin.

Next up would be Ivy (chairmenmeow). We already know she looks good in costume, and something tells me she would kick some serious ass wielding a sword.

Lastly, going to have to go with Andrew (bballr). Need another fellow musician on the ship. Plus, Andrew is young, and can attract some lovely native girls to come on board.

Walking the plan we have...Ken. Don't really know the dude all that well, but I got to please me crew. I think they would enjoy that.

I will have a monkey, and his name will be Randy.
    Downingthief, you do realize that if you leave your second mate, Chairmenmeow, and your monkey unattended, there's a risk in rocking the ship, right? And, BTW...What would you name your pirate ship? And why?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Mr. Thief, please list five albums that defines your musical taste.