Page 427 of 454 FirstFirst ... 422423424425426427428429430431432 ... LastLast
Results 12,781 to 12,810 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

Quote Originally Posted by H_is_O View Post
    Whats your favorite vocabulary word?
    HOLIDAY.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

In your opinion, what Canadian celebrity (Canada only or Internationally known) is the biggest disgrace to the country?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    In your opinion, what Canadian celebrity (Canada only or Internationally known) is the biggest disgrace to the country?
    I'm sure there are many that I can name. But I have to say Graham James is a huge disgrace to our nation. He was an important hockey coach and talent scout that influenced and guided the careers of some of the greatest young NHL players, all the while molesting and raping them. Parents left their sons in his care for extended periods while they were travelling during the WHL season, as he was forcing himself on them regularly. He has been charged and convicted of over 300 counts of sexual abuse against at least 3 players that were at the professional level, who have come forward, but there are many other un-named suspected victims. Unbelievably he served only 2 years in prison and was granted a pardon from the Canadian government, and moved to Mexico to pursue business interests. He was brought back to Canada on many new charges in 2011 and only sentenced to 2 additional years. This man is a raging pedophile and managed to skirt justice because of his name, money and influence.
    Last edited by ThatGirl; 07-26-2012 at 06:27 PM.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

this thread is hilarious, and Q&A is highly entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by scbme5 View Post
    this thread is hilarious, and Q&A is highly entertaining.
    Ask a question or GTFO.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Ask a question or GTFO.
    edmonton or calgary?

Quote Originally Posted by scbme5 View Post
    edmonton or calgary?
    I'm from Calgary, so this question is moot.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I'm from Calgary, so this question is moot.
    and i thought this was the beginning of a beautiful friendship!!!

How long is your longest friendship? Are you still friends with that person, if not why?

iphone or droid?
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    How long is your longest friendship? Are you still friends with that person, if not why?

iphone or droid?
    I have a male family friend that is only a year younger than me, who is the closest I'll ever come to having a brother in my life. Our parents were best friends and his parents were my godparents. As kids we were together for every holiday and even though we're busy now and have different lives and priorities, we'll make time a couple times of year to have a beer or do a dog walk and catch up. We became friends when he was 6 months old and I was one and a half. There is a photo of us when I'm 3 and he's 2 and we're walking a baby stroller together. It's pretty cute.

My two best girlfriends of today I have known since kindergarten and 1st grade. So that's 35 years worth. All 3 of us talk or email each other every day.

I have two iPhones currently - one I have for personal and one for work. Sadly they are both 3G but I intend to get the 5 when it comes out.

What is the most scared you have ever been in your life?

Any movies that gave you nightmares as a kid that you still refuse to watch to this day?

What is the most scared you have ever been in your life?

Any movies that gave you nightmares as a kid that you still refuse to watch to this day?
    I think the most scared I'd ever been in my life is when I lost my job. This happened about 9 years ago. I went to a company my friend worked for, because I was really eager to pull the chute where I was. (I have since learned taking a job as an escape route from another one is a bad idea.) They created a new role for me and a sales model that was different than they'd ever done before, to accomodate me. I'd had some successes there but dividing the workload between me and the friend just ended up cutting her commissions in half. They told me it wasn't going to work out and laid me off. I had just bought my house and had a mortgage and was terrified. But after my initial freak out and nervous fit I collected myself, reached out to all my contacts and had a new (better )position within a month.

When I was a kid, about 6, I saw a commercial for the movie "It's Alive". It was about a baby that was born a killer. The ad showed a bassinet on a turnstyle, turning with that tinkly lullabye music playing, and then suddenly scary music came on and claws came up over the side of the bassinet. I ran upstairs, hid under the bed and practically peed I was so afraid. Then years later I was at the video store in the horror section, turned over a VHS case, and saw the cover and the picture for this movie. I put it down and had to go out of the store, shaking like a leaf! Apparently it's this really stupid B movie with awful effects and totally laughable. But at the time I don't remember anything that scared me more.

Which artist/band would you eliminate from existence given the opportunity?

What is your favorite Alanis Morissette album?

Which artist would you pay any amount of money to see live in concert?

Do you prefer long & skinny or average & thick?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I like the Coachella package they sent out this year. we now all have a snail.....cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    In 12 more years, that snail will be nice and ready for you to fuck it.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    Which artist/band would you eliminate from existence given the opportunity?

What is your favorite Alanis Morissette album?

Which artist would you pay any amount of money to see live in concert?

Do you prefer long & skinny or average & thick?
    Hanzel und Gretyl. It just sounds like horrible noise to me.

I don't really have a favorite album of hers. I liked Jagged Little Pill when it came out. But I remember dancing to her songs in Junior High when she was just "Alanis" too.

I have already paid a lot of money to see Duran Duran on more than one occasion.

I like average and average. Too much of anything isn't good in that department.

You win a 450 million dollar jackpot in the lottery. What's the very first thing you would do with your winnings?

You win a 450 million dollar jackpot in the lottery. What's the very first thing you would do with your winnings?
    Pay off my mortgage and the mortgages of my two best friends and give my parents and sister money to buy homes with. Boring maybe but true

ThatGirl, at what point do you think girls stop being "girls" and start being "women"? Do you still call yourself a "girl," as in, "bye honey I'm going out on the town with the girls tonight"? Do you ever feel offended if someone else calls you a girl, as in when the letcherous old bartender asks, "So what are you girls up to tonight?" Do you think there is a difference in appropriateness of calling an adult a "girl" in a social context as opposed to a workplace context, or is the setting irrelevant?

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

That's the kind of question you only get from grad students.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    ThatGirl, at what point do you think girls stop being "girls" and start being "women"? Do you still call yourself a "girl," as in, "bye honey I'm going out on the town with the girls tonight"? Do you ever feel offended if someone else calls you a girl, as in when the letcherous old bartender asks, "So what are you girls up to tonight?" Do you think there is a difference in appropriateness of calling an adult a "girl" in a social context as opposed to a workplace context, or is the setting irrelevant?
    I am never bothered by the term girl or being referred to as girl - I think it holds different connotations than calling someone a boy - being called a girl is like someone calling a man a guy, or "one of the guys". It doesn't have much to do with the age of the person until you are much older and maybe getting called lady, and it's not a disrespectful term in a workplace or otherwise. I think girls become women when they are truly independent and can look after themselves or someone else effectively. But you could still affectionately refer to the "the girls " when talking about women. One term I despise is " kiddo". If a much older colleague, male or female, calls me kiddo I try to politely correct them.

ThatGirl,

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Best piece of advice you've received, or read, and why it impacted you or still does?

Something your family members, friends, and even love ones don't know about you?

If you had to save one song for future generations what would it be, and why?

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    That's the kind of question you only get from grad students.
    This is not true. It's more the kind of question you get from sheltered upper-middle class suburban undergrads who just took their first Gender Studies 101 course and are feeling naievely feminist.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    ThatGirl,

Best piece of advice you've received, or read, and why it impacted you or still does?

Something your family members, friends, and even love ones don't know about you?

If you had to save one song for future generations what would it be, and why?
    The best advice I ever received professionally was " the first person to talk loses." It was one of the first sales strategies I was told to manage any kind of negotiation situation. It's incredibly effective to ask for what you want, then shut up. Stop talking. It's incredible how well it works and in how many circumstances you can apply it. Personally I'd say the best thing was told to me was never to put anything on the Internet you wouldnt want your grandmother to see. I guess the relative anonymity of this thread makes it the exception.

I am way too open and extroverted for secrets. Of course there's things my parents don't know about my day to day life but I can't think of one big secret that no one knows. I'm too open a book. Probably that my belief in Christianity had changed a long time before I stopped attending church. It would hurt my parents a lot if they knew some of my true feelings about it.

The song I would save would be the The Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel. There is something magic and beautiful about it, the harmonies and the lyrics and the mystery of it is wonderful.
    Last edited by ThatGirl; 07-28-2012 at 02:02 PM.

Correction: this is only a question you hear from someone over 22 when they are grad students.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

So I see that no one has asked you to describe your perfect day yet.

Have at it. Lots of details please.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixiessp View Post
    So I see that no one has asked you to describe your perfect day yet.

Have at it. Lots of details please.
    Gee I'm not great with detail but I'll try. Haha. But seriously now.

My perfect day would start with waking up, completely rested and feeling great, on a Saturday around 7 am in London England. My honey and I would have a lovely morning sex session followed by breakfast in bed, of coffee or tea, orange juice, fresh scones and homemade jam, cream and a bit of crisp bacon. And waffles with blueberries. We'd eat just enough to be full. I'd shower and get my hair and makeup done, slip into an adorable size 2 -4 casual dress (my ideal size) and the most comfy, sexy lace up black leather Fluevog boots. Then my 2 best girlfriends (for Courtney - woman friends) would arrive at the door to get me for a morning shopping session on Oxford Street. My honey would stay back at the hotel and sleep in.

Once arriving on Oxford Street, we stop at Selfridges and there is a huge sale at Zadig and Voltaire. I get a three gorgeous imprint tees that fit perfectly, a dress, and a cool vintage style leather jacket. From there we go to TopShop and I find several pretty lace and satin tops that are great with jeans for a night out. Next stop is Karen Millen for jersey dresses. I find two more in a size 4 that look fantastic. By this time it's lunch and we head over to Picadilly Circus for lunch in the basement of a church right across from the National Gallery. We sip wine and linger over sandwiches and salads and re-charge.

Then after lunch we head back to the hotel and all of us pack overnight bags for Paris. We have a private car to take us there so we needn't bother with the train. When we arrive we settle in the hotel quickly and stroll the city. Even though we have only most of the afternoon we manage to see all the sights that are important to us - the Louvre, the Pont Marie, followed by a lovely dinner in a private suite at Lapérouse. After the sun is down we decide to head to the top of the Eiffel Tower, and discover there is no lineup. It's been closed to the public so our group can have a private viewing. Once we get to the top we discover that Duran Duran, with all 5 original band members, is there to give us a private show, playing all the cool B side songs you rarely hear them sing live. After the 2 hour set, we sit and chat with the band over cocktails late into the night and enjoy their company until around 3 am. We head back to the hotel and collapse into the most comfortable king sized bed you can imagine for a blissful, 9 hour sleep.

What is your favorite chemical compound?

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy1222 View Post
    What is your favorite chemical compound?
    I hated chemistry in school and the elemental tables hold no importance for me. The only ones I remember are Fe, Au and H.

yeah, but those are elements. compounds are like... caffeine, or tetrahydrocannabinol, or capsaicin because you like spicy food and the feeling of icyhot.. or glucose bc you're a sugar tooth, etc.

however, you could like the element iron the best because you get hypoferremia often or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy1222 View Post
    yeah, but those are elements. compounds are like... caffeine, or tetrahydrocannabinol, or capsaicin because you like spicy food and the feeling of icyhot.. or glucose bc you're a sugar tooth, etc.

however, you could like the element iron the best because you get hypoferremia often or something like that.
    Ok - I'm a big coffee drinker so caffeine it is.

What's the strangest thing that ever made you come especially hard?