Page 426 of 454 FirstFirst ... 421422423424425426427428429430431 ... LastLast
Results 12,751 to 12,780 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

You still do Flash Mobs? If so, how's that working out?
    You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

---------------------------------------------------
    It's that tad bit of Crazy that keeps me Sane...

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    At Coachella 2011 I met Danny Devito during a golf cart ride, and he asked me to come hang out with him and see the Chemical Brothers. I said no because I was going to meet my friend for Robyn's set. That decision haunts me to this day.
    OH MY GOODNESS THAT WOULD OF BEEN AWESOME

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    Five year plan? Ten year?
    From now to 5 years away I don't see that I'd need to change that much about my life. I'm very content with my job and would like to stay put - but maybe some more internal challenges or some kind of promotion would be nice. I would like to continue with my fitness regimen of dancing several times a week. It keeps me sane and I've found I come to need it for multiple reasons. In fact no matter how old I am I still intend to keep it up as I enjoy it so much. I would like to do more travelling as well - my hot spots are Asia and more visits to Europe, with France and Italy in particular.

In 10 years I'd like to be in a financially stronger position -If I could find a way to have my mortgage paid off by then I'd love it. I'd also like to see us invest in a recreation property or RV of some kind so it's easy for us to get away, with the dogs, to a spot near water. And I want to continue to go to as many music events as I can, no matter where they are! Since I'm not going to have any kids I intend to spend what would have been a college fund, on all the fun stuff that makes me happy. You only live once and you can't take it with you!
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by EastLos01 View Post
    You still do Flash Mobs? If so, how's that working out?
    I was supposed to be in a Flash mob over Stampede week but unfortunately the group that asked us to do it didn't get us proper permission to dance on the property, and it was cancelled last minute. But we have the music and choreography for it, so we could use it again if another opportunity arises! I'm part of a group that organizes them so you can volunteer for whichever ones suit your schedule. It's tons of fun but the least spontaneous thing you could ever do, and so when you plan and rehearse for them it's a drag when they can't be executed properly. I'm just waiting for the next opportunity to come up and I'll join in!
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

Why no children?

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Why no children?
    When I was younger I always imagined myself getting married and having kids, and the older I got I was less interested. I would put it off, and more and more the thought of having kids and losing all the freedom I had to do what I wanted and work seemed less appealing. Eventually when I met my spouse neither of us were interested in parenting. I adore my nephew and my friend's kids, but it's just not for me. Ultimately I ended up having some health issues, and I needed to make that decision a permanent one. But I'm at peace with that choice. I view parenting as a career option I'm choosing not to make. It's no different than my not choosing to be a teacher, or lawyer, or a janitor. It's not a job that I want.

If we were to share a sandwich, what would the ingredients be?

How do you feel about meeting people from the internet? How old were you when you first met someone you knew online first?

Gotcha.

What is your dream car?

What is your biggest vice?

Ski or snowboard?

Bike or roller blade?

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    If we were to share a sandwich, what would the ingredients be?

How do you feel about meeting people from the internet? How old were you when you first met someone you knew online first?
    One of my favorite sandwiches is a Buffalo chicken sandwich - It would be hard for me to share but I could do it if I had to!
    It would have yummy, tangy buffalo chicken breast, nice and juicy and tender, with 2 types of melted cheese on top - mozzarella and cheddar, lettuce, tomato, and some ranch dressing, on a kaiser bun.

The first person I met from the Internet was someone I met via Classmates, in around 2007. I had a boyfriend that I met through a personals phone line before that, so meeting someone that was a stranger didn't really bother me. When I registered on Classmates and marked on it that I was single, and this guy from my high school reached out to me. He said Oh, you didn't really know me but we knew the same people, and I always had a crush on you, I would love to take you out. He sent me pictures and seemed cute, but I was surprised I couldn't remember him. When we met I was taken aback. He had a really visible nervous twitch and was very awkward, and we went to a wine tasting event, but he wouldn't even make conversation. I kept having to force the discussion and initiate everything. At one point he tried to put his arm around me while we were standing watching a demo and I moved. Then later in the evening he tried to hold my hand. I literally said, "OK. You are invading my personal space right now." He looked at me blankly and said, I'm sorry, I just really like you. But then I asked why he wouldn't talk to me and sort of called him on his weird behavior. He told me he hadn't dated much and was just really nervous. So we went for coffee and we sat while I gave him a bunch of dating pointers, and for a little while after that he used to IM me before dates for pep talks. Eventually he met a really nice girl, and we're still friends.

Gotcha.

What is your dream car?

What is your biggest vice?
    I'm not really a car person. I got my first brand new car in 1997 and I still have it. It gets me where I need to go and runs great and since I believe cars are a lousy investment I don't think much about them. My friends are constantly bugging me about finally giving up "the death trap" as they call it. I just can't let it go. But I do really like the look of the small BMW or Mercedes Benz SUV's. I'm short so I wouldn't do well in a big car. I'd feel completely out of sorts driving an Escalade or a Navigator or something. And I'm not really into sports cars. Where would I put the dogs?

Biggest vice I have conquered - smoking. I quit smoking cigarettes 5 years ago and haven't had one since. I do enjoy the occasional Hooka session though.

Biggest vice I still carry - Wine. If I had to do without beer I'd be fine, but not without my red wine. After a long day there is nothing nicer than putting your feet up or having a warm bath, while sipping a vino.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    One of my favorite sandwiches is a Buffalo chicken sandwich - It would be hard for me to share but I could do it if I had to!
    It would have yummy, tangy buffalo chicken breast, nice and juicy and tender, with 2 types of melted cheese on top - mozzarella and cheddar, lettuce, tomato, and some ranch dressing, on a kaiser bun.

The first person I met from the Internet was someone I met via Classmates, in around 2007. I had a boyfriend that I met through a personals phone line before that, so meeting someone that was a stranger didn't really bother me. When I registered on Classmates and marked on it that I was single, and this guy from my high school reached out to me. He said Oh, you didn't really know me but we knew the same people, and I always had a crush on you, I would love to take you out. He sent me pictures and seemed cute, but I was surprised I couldn't remember him. When we met I was taken aback. He had a really visible nervous twitch and was very awkward, and we went to a wine tasting event, but he wouldn't even make conversation. I kept having to force the discussion and initiate everything. At one point he tried to put his arm around me while we were standing watching a demo and I moved. Then later in the evening he tried to hold my hand. I literally said, "OK. You are invading my personal space right now." He looked at me blankly and said, I'm sorry, I just really like you. But then I asked why he wouldn't talk to me and sort of called him on his weird behavior. He told me he hadn't dated much and was just really nervous. So we went for coffee and we sat while I gave him a bunch of dating pointers, and for a little while after that he used to IM me before dates for pep talks. Eventually he met a really nice girl, and we're still friends.
    We may have to order two sandwiches.

Fascinating that someone has actually used ClassMates.com I always wondered. As a fellow who was definitely inept at the younger years of dating, I must say kudos to you for not letting it get overly awkward and actually letting it lead to a lesson to better the situation.

Ski or snowboard?

Bike or roller blade?
    Neither. Yes I know I was raised in Calgary only minutes from some of the most amazing skiing in North America. But having to pay large amounts of money to get skis and boots and access to a place where I'll end up wet and cold and probably severely injured isn't really on my fun-things-to-do list.

I like to bike a bit. I took a spill last summer and broke my bike so I haven't used it since. I have tried rollerskating but I am not great with it. I do like hiking a lot. We hiked up Ha Ling Peak last year and it only took us 1.15 hours to get to the top. We really hustled it and I was proud. I'm better with sports that don't call for any type of paraphenalia or equipment. Just me, moving. That's what I like.

So swimming or running?

Did you do a sport in high school?

What animal do you wish was permanently off the endangered species list?

Favourite hike?

Banff or Jasper?

So swimming or running?

Did you do a sport in high school?
    I would probably rather go to the pool and swim laps for an hour than run. I can run but I don't enjoy it much. I find it really dull compared to dancing. But I'm a really weak swimmer and I would need to work on my conditioning.

I didn't do any sports growing up really, none in high school at ALL. I do remember I got on a summer soccer team in grade 5. Then I auditioned for a play and got a great part. So instantly soccer was dropped. In my house, acting was IT. You could be on a waiting list for a life saving procedure but if you got a great part when it came up, that might get put off. Sports were never a priority. I did do Irish Dancing for a while. Is that a sport?

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    What animal do you wish was permanently off the endangered species list?
    The Grizzly Bear is endangered in certain parts of Canada. I was an extra on a movie once, and stood face to face with a Grizzly Bear on set, separated only by a piece of string it was conditioned to believe was his "barricade". It had walked over to me and was so close to me I felt it's breath on my face. The trainer said, just say hi to him. Talk to him. So I said a few things while it stared at me. Then it walked over to its trainer and started following behind her, while suckling on her fingers. I would have to say if I could protect any animal from ever going extinct I'd choose that.

Favourite hike?

Banff or Jasper?
    I have yet to hike in Jasper so I can't say. Would love to some day. Of course Banff is lovely.

Do you ever get bored working from home?

Do you ever get bored working from home?
    For me working from home is a godsend. I can avoid an hour commute each way into the core, and be here for the dogs which was super important when we first brought Asha home. She has no separation anxiety issues and can be left for long periods now with no problem, because we were there for her all the time at the start and built her confidence and trust. I am also highly extroverted - so when I go in the office I chat with lots of people, and it's better for my productivity to be alone. I get a ton of work done at home, and then I'm super happy to see people that I haven't seen in a while, when I do go into the office. I had someone say to me they could never do it because all they would do is sit around and watch Star Trek. But I just shut my door, do my work, take lunch hour to walk the dogs or get my nails done, stuff like that. I do hold myself to working hours and I stick to them. But sometimes I fold laundry during conference calls.

What was your favorite role?

Are you a method actor?

12/31: Derek Plaslaiko, Dave Aju @ f8
    1/8: Tamaryn @ The Chapel
    1/28: Beacon @ The Rickshaw Stop
    1/29: Ty Segall, Wand, Cold Beat @ GAMH
    2/7: Robag Whrume, Daniel Bell, Sassmouth, The Black Madonna @ Public Works
    2/14: Sparks @ Ace Theater Hollywood

ThatGirl, What's the biggest misconception about Canadians?

What are you favorite simple pleasures in life?
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    What was your favorite role?

Are you a method actor?
    I have two roles that were my favorites. When I was 12 I had a role in Wait Until Dark, a play about a blind woman who is unknowingly taken advantage of by some crooks that know a friend of hers. They hide a doll full of heroin in her apartment for safe keeping. My character was a kid that lived in a neighboring suite who was alone a lot, somewhat neglected by her parents, but helps the blind lady out with errands and stuff now and then. She finds and steals the doll because she doesn't have much, not knowing it's contents. The crooks can't find it and it puts the blind woman's life in danger. It was a pretty cool play.

When I was 14 I got a role in a play written by a college student, which was performed at the theatre in the school. It was about a nuclear holocaust where a few young people survived and lived in a bunker underground. I played a 10 year old girl that was sort of adopted by this group of young men and women. The cast was all college age but they let me hang out with them and took me to a couple of their house parties. They had a band and would play in garages, basements. They'd let me have the occasional wine cooler. I was a bit of a mascot of sorts and I'm sure I was a pain in the ass but at the time I thought it was the greatest. I'm still in touch with some of them.

I think method acting is bullshit.
    Last edited by ThatGirl; 07-26-2012 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    ThatGirl, What's the biggest misconception about Canadians?

What are you favorite simple pleasures in life?
    Unfortunately the "eh" thing isn't a misconception. But the whole Northern Exposure concept does get tiring. We have winter and summer just like most places - we're not constantly hanging out in ice fishing sheds, eating back bacon while wearing lumberjackets and drinking Pilsner. Although we probably want to be.

I love sleeping outside. When I stayed at my sister's house in the woods, it's right by the river and the sound of it moving at night while I was falling asleep was so soothing. It may sound cheeseball but I also think that giving or getting hugs is the best.

Well, Pilsner is pretty damn good.

What's your wine of choice?

Well, Pilsner is pretty damn good.

What's your wine of choice?
    I used to say if it's red and it's wine I'll drink it - but i've since developed a strong preference for Malbec and Pinot Noir. I recently tried a mid-priced wine called Le Grande Noir that I really liked.

The best burger you've ever had?

Southpark's take on Canadians, funny or racist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    The best burger you've ever had?

Southpark's take on Canadians, funny or racist?
    The best burger I ever had was recent. Had a true Australian hamburger made for me with fried onions, a fried egg, beets, pineapple, tomato, lettuce and barbeque sauce. Pure heaven. I had an authentic one when I was in Australia too but the one my spouse made for me was better. He lived there from the time he was 12 so he knows how to put them together well.

The Canadian stuff in South Park is pretty funny.

Whats your favorite vocabulary word?