Page 424 of 454 FirstFirst ... 419420421422423424425426427428429 ... LastLast
Results 12,691 to 12,720 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

If you were to have complete mind control over one board member who would it be? What would you make your new puppet do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

how did you discover coachella? what lineup/acts made you make the trip out there?

December 31 - Matthew Dear/The Sword/Pallbearer
    January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 10 - 1349
    February 28 - A Place To Bury Strangers
    April 6 - Swans
    April 10-12 - Coachella
    April 17 - Clark/Nosaj Thing
    May 8-10 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 15-17 - Psycho California
    June 24-28 - Glastonbury

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    If you could do it all over again, would you? What would you differently?
    For me this question is loaded. I would have to say I would not have gotten married to my 2nd husband. It was one of those scenarios where I had been taken in by this person, who convinced me of the great life we'd have together. I had been divorced for about 5 years when we met, and we started out as friends, and it eventually grew into more. The problem was he sort of absorbed my life when we met. He began doing the things I did and taking interest in my interests, and at the time it felt like we had a lot in common - but in hindsight I feel like maybe he just wanted something to hold on to. He had recently moved to my city from far away, and I think he wanted to find a place where he fit. When we first got engaged I was having second thoughts and gave him back the ring. I didn't feel I was ready and I wanted to wait. But he convinced me getting married was the best thing for us to do, to start a life, that we'd have a great life together. I allowed my heart to see me past my doubts and went ahead. Once we married and all the responsibility that came with that was upon him, he began to freak out. I think that my life represented what he thought he wanted - but once he had it he was in over his head. It didn't take long for us to start having problems, and ultimately he had an affair and left. Interestingly they stayed together and eventually had some kids, and while I was mad and hurt at the start I don't wish them any ill will. I have a much better life now than I would have being with him I think. But it disappointed my family terribly, which sucked. And going through that made me question my own judgement about men and relationships for many years to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    Are we ever going to have a puppy date?
    I would love to! PM me and we'll set something up!
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    If you were to have complete mind control over one board member who would it be? What would you make your new puppet do?
    I would give both Katt and locachica hypnotic suggestion to eradicate their fears/insecurities about dating and men so they could date unapologetically and confidently and would be able to snag the men of their dreams. Kind of like how the scientologists use an e-meter to eradicate the reactive mind, but without any other crazy ala Tom Cruise fallout or religious implications.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    how did you discover coachella? what lineup/acts made you make the trip out there?
    I had a colleague that told me about it as he has property in Palm Springs, and he had gone the last few years. It sounded like Disneyland for music lovers to me. Plus I'm also obsessed with the 1980's and when I learned Duran Duran was in the lineup in 2011 I really wanted to go. I was hung up on them as a kid and the obsession never really went away. Plus there were several other acts I wanted to see, and a good friend of mine said she would come with me. What was interesting is that there were so many other highlights for me being there it didn't matter to me whether Duran Duran played or not. When I saw Elbow I was floored, Arcade Fire was also amazing. Getting to know some other acts I'd never heard of was great too.

What's your drug of choice?

12/31: Derek Plaslaiko, Dave Aju @ f8
    1/8: Tamaryn @ The Chapel
    1/28: Beacon @ The Rickshaw Stop
    1/29: Ty Segall, Wand, Cold Beat @ GAMH
    2/7: Robag Whrume, Daniel Bell, Sassmouth, The Black Madonna @ Public Works
    2/14: Sparks @ Ace Theater Hollywood

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    What's your drug of choice?
    Booze. I don't do any other drugs of any kind. But I love red wine and beer.

Not everyone on this board poisons their bodies, you fucking junkies.

BORING

BORING
    Any of the times I smoked pot in my life, mostly in my 20's, I really disliked how it made me feel. I hated not being able to control how my thoughts translated into speech. If I wasn't going to enjoy it and if it wasn't fun for me I wasn't going to bother.

Tell us about some of your most drunken times.

ThatGirl, can you also tell us about a time in which you were completely sober and contributed to society.

What are 5 of your favorite movies and why?

Tell us about your best nap.

Tell us about some of your most drunken times.
    The most drunk I ever got was at a party about 12 years ago. It was at a colleagues' home for a halloween bash and started by drinking Crown Royal and Coke. I'd never had it before and it made me feel fantastic. I kind of had that 10 feet tall and bullet proof kind of sensation. I subsequently finished the bottle and was dancing wildly in the living room with a couple of other equally drunk people. A few were encouraging me to slow down when I started drinking JD and Coke, as the CR was all gone. But I'm the kind of drinker that when I get drunk enough, I don't really know the stopping point. After that it's fuzzy- I remember being in the bathroom sitting on the loo with some of my colleagues opening the door repeatedly and laughing. Not sure how I got home but I was really unwell the next day, to the point where I considered going to hospital. I honestly believe I got the first wrinkles I'd ever had on my face because of that night. And I never drank Crown Royal again.

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    ThatGirl, can you also tell us about a time in which you were completely sober and contributed to society.
    Perhaps you could distinguish. Do you mean, completely sober while contributing to society, as in period/s of my life where I was a non-drinker? Or just acts while I've done when I haven't had anything to drink?

When you buy bandaids and/or store-brand adhesive bandages are they usually tan or that sort of off-tan industrial putty color?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Perhaps you could distinguish. Do you mean, completely sober while contributing to society, as in period/s of my life where I was a non-drinker? Or just acts while I've done when I haven't had anything to drink?
    The latter.

What games do you play on your phone when taking a dump at work?

If you had to move to the United States, which city would you want to move to and why?

Which country do you feel is most disproportionately proud compared to its accomplishments?
    In his defense I do remember there being an upsurge of black coworker on white coworker exlaxings in LA after Rodney King.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    What are 5 of your favorite movies and why?
    I have too many favorites. I think they'd have to be classed by category. For example I have a list of my top 80's movies, top Canadian movies, top mainstream movies, top musical movies etc. I love them all too much to have definite list of a final 5. I'm also someone that watches movies over and over again. But I'll name some that stand out.

1) Fast Times at Ridgemont High. This movie was awesome in so many ways. Ground breaking in that it addressed issues that weren't being openly covered in movies at the time, such as the abortion issue. It was also one of the first movies with frontal male nudity. Plus the soundtrack. And the fact that Robert Romanus was hysterical. There were so many great actors that got their start on this movie.

2) Eraserhead. David Lynch's first foray into filmmaking. My dad owned movie theatres all while I was growing up. He owned a repertory film house when I was young and I saw lots of movies I probably shouldn't have at that age. This movie left an impression on me. It scared me and grossed me out and fascinated me at the same time. It made me realize that a movie could be art and didn't necessarily have to make much sense in a traditional way to be great.

3) The Rocky Horror Picture Show - As a kid this was just a funny movie with characters that dressed funny and great music and strange events, I didn't really get the sex part of the story seeing I saw it when I was around 8. But as I got older I'd go see the midnight showings and dress up and get right into it. I loved the music and had the soundtrack and would play it in the car all the time. It's a guilty pleasure but there's never really been something else that compares to it for a movie experience where the audience is directly involved.

4) My Life Without Me. Sarah Polley and Mark Ruffalo's characters literally broke my heart watching this movie. I'm a sucker for a good tear jerker and this was just a really moving story to me. I could watch it over and over. Julian Richings is fabulous in it too.

Others I could watch over and over include Almost Famous, The Professional, The Departed, and The Shawshank Redemption. To me they are all great stories that are well told on film.

Tell us about your best nap.
    I remember once I had a terrible migraine headache on a holiday. I think it was Thanksgiving and I had some obligatory family thing I had to attend with some close friends we'd always spend holidays with, and I was in agony and didn't want to go. I let my mom know I was struggling and she said she would bring some medicine she had when she lived in Mexico, if I just come to the dinner I could take it and it would help. When I arrived my mom had this liquid tylenol stuff with codeine that would surely be outlawed here at home, and when I took it, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I decided I needed to lay down before dinner, and I slept like the dead for about 3 hours. When I woke up I felt 100 percent better, was well rested and ate a great meal.

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    The latter.
    Every day of my working life I help people get jobs. And 99 percent of the time, I'm doing it sober.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    When you buy bandaids and/or store-brand adhesive bandages are they usually tan or that sort of off-tan industrial putty color?
    Really?

Damn thanks, I've been meaning to see My Life Without Me. I love Ruffalo.

If I had an interview on Friday, and they said they'll back to me next week how long should I not worry about it? I know wrong thread, but I need to chill out.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    What games do you play on your phone when taking a dump at work?

If you had to move to the United States, which city would you want to move to and why?

Which country do you feel is most disproportionately proud compared to its accomplishments?
    I don't play games on my phone. I use my phone for work all bloody day and that's enough to deal with. And I don't like to handle my belongings needlessly while in the washroom. I'm a mild germophobe.

If I could live anywhere in the US it would be in NYC. For the theatre and music and all the great things to do and see there, I can't think of any other place I'd rather be. Central Park? Hell yes. No question.

I come from a Danish background from my Dad - but pure Danish born citizens really seem to have a lot of over-pride. My spouse is Danish born, a full Dane so the Danes would classify him as "perfect" Dane. I'm only half so I dont' qualify. I've actually heard them use the "perfect" term. They also don't allow dual citizenship. If you want to switch, your booted. While their country has a lot going for it from a social programs perspective and a wonderful lifestyle for its people, they can sometimes be a bit snobby about it, in an exclusive club sort of a way. And they are taxed up the ying yang for it.

If I had an interview on Friday, and they said they'll back to me next week how long should I not worry about it? I know wrong thread, but I need to chill out.
    Haha no matter the thread. Next week is pretty vague - but have you sent your follow up email - thanking them for the interview and letting them know you are very interested and look forward to hearing their feedback?

Damn thanks, I've been meaning to see My Life Without Me. I love Ruffalo.
    Definitely watch it. I once read Mark Ruffalo described looking like "something warm and fluffy that just tumbled out of the dryer". Love!

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Haha no matter the thread. Next week is pretty vague - but have you sent your follow up email - thanking them for the interview and letting them know you are very interested and look forward to hearing their feedback?
    I just did. Thanks. I haven't had to do an interview in 14 years. My skills and perspective are off a bit.