Page 423 of 454 FirstFirst ... 418419420421422423424425426427428 ... LastLast
Results 12,661 to 12,690 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Would you fly on a dragon that had the voice of Sean Connery?
    Is there any other kind? Of course I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    It's really boring when people use this thread to post about their successes.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    ...... hey im not posting anything in here about half raptor half alligator people

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    "Get to know your fellow board members..." thread is serious business.

RHSP, which would you rather be: morbidly obese (600+ lbs range) and unable to ever convince a girl to ever sleep with you again, even for money, or impotent?
    Impotent because I'd be fucking miserable as a 600 pound man, and I'd be impotent more than likely due to my size
    ...... hey im not posting anything in here about half raptor half alligator people

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Logan, please share your rap with the rest of the board.
    No. Fuck you.

And this concludes my week! Thank you everyone for your questions, I really enjoyed answering your questions.

Next up on the docket is ThatGirl!

Marlo, you have a very unique name. Were you named after anyone in particular?

Are American stereotypes of Canadians accurate? What stereotypes of Americans do you hold?

Who is your hero?

Why did you pick your screen name?

What were you like in high school?

Can you give us a detailed history of your various hairstyles throughout the years?

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by RedHotSgtPeppers View Post
    And this concludes my week! Thank you everyone for your questions, I really enjoyed answering your questions.

Next up on the docket is ThatGirl!

Marlo, you have a very unique name. Were you named after anyone in particular?

Are American stereotypes of Canadians accurate? What stereotypes of Americans do you hold?

Who is your hero?

Why did you pick your screen name?
    Thanks Logan - I thought you did a great job this week!

I was named after Marlo Thomas, the actress. She did a TV show in the late 60's /early 70's called That Girl - hence my screen name. It was about a professional woman living in NYC, single, doing her thing. I think my mom imagined that the character was someone she wanted me to be like.

As for Canadian Stereotypes, they are mostly exaggerated. Like when I say the word "about" it doesn't sound like "aboot". Really. But then there are funny ones like when people ask you about igloos. Totally. Ridiculous. But sometimes when I'm in the states making conversation with someone, I'll say "eh" at the end of a sentence without realizing, and they always point it out. It's like you suddenly become aware your Canuckness is showing.

A US Stereotype that I hold is that Americans are far more vocal and expressive about what they think. In Canada we always try to balance our comments so we don't offend anyone. We don't like to rock the boat. But I have found, guys in the US have way more game with women for this reason. They aren't afraid to compliment or say something in an effort to pick up, more so than the guys here at home!

I wouldn't say I identify with one particular hero - but I would say I'm inspired by anyone that works with disabled or special needs people. Helping someone that can't help themselves is the most loving, selfless thing anyone can do - i'm always in awe of those people.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    What were you like in high school?
    I was was a bit of a Glee - like drama geek. I did a lot of theatre growing up. But I came from a Junior High where my friends and I were somewhat popular, and when I hit high school it was completely different. I also had a really peculiar fashion sense. It was the 80's so I figured anything goes. But at one point I went through a phase of using eyeliner to draw a paisley on my eyebrow. And I had half my head shaved, and it was really long on the other side. It was no wonder I didn't fit it. So I stuck with my group and hung out, we smoked cigarettes, skipped. I didn't care much about school until it was close to graduation and I then got my shit together. When I got to college to study Radio, film and TV and acting, then it was like... Ahh. These are my people.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Can you give us a detailed history of your various hairstyles throughout the years?
    Wow. It depends how far back you want me to go. Let's see - I've had really short hair for about 5 years now. I have had the same stylist for 12 years. At the start I wore my hair in a chin length bob for the first 7 years, and she gradually just got me to take it shorter until it got to what it is now. Now I couldn't imaging having long hair. In the 90's it was past my shoulders, but it's terribly thin and hard to style, so I just teased the crap out of my bangs and wore ponytails a lot. Curled sometimes, even had a perm I remember. I had always used a lot of hairspray but not so much anymore. In the 80's I had a 3 tails along the nape of my neck, blonde bangs with brown everywhere else, purple bangs, and the boy-girl shaved look I mentioned in my high school post for Algunz. I remember using a crimper too.

As for the color I've gone from dark brown, to light brown, red, blonde, strawberry blonde. The color is flexible for me now because when you have short hair the commitment is brief. So in summer I go pretty light.

What part of Canada are you from and are all the gays as horrible as they seem on "1 girl 5 gays"?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    9/18 Fatboy Slim@Shrine - 9/19 Poolside@Skyway Pomona - 9/22 Interpol@Fox Pomona - 9/23 La Roux@Fonda - 9/25 Simian Mobile Disco@El Rey - 9/26 Die Antwoord@Observatory - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House - 10/12,19,26 IAMX@Complex - 10/24 Placebo@Club Nokia - 10/25 Superhumanoids@Palladium - 10/27 Tycho@Glass House - 10/31 Yelle@Fonda

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    What part of Canada are you from and are all the gays as horrible as they seem on "1 girl 5 gays"?
    I'm from Calgary. I do think some of the guys on that show are funny -but I also don't think they would be on TV if they weren't really outrageous personalities. So I don't think the way they act reflects the majority. A good gay friend of mine from here doesn't like them either.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I was was a bit of a Glee - like drama geek. I did a lot of theatre growing up. But I came from a Junior High where my friends and I were somewhat popular, and when I hit high school it was completely different. I also had a really peculiar fashion sense. It was the 80's so I figured anything goes. But at one point I went through a phase of using eyeliner to draw a paisley on my eyebrow. And I had half my head shaved, and it was really long on the other side. It was no wonder I didn't fit it. So I stuck with my group and hung out, we smoked cigarettes, skipped. I didn't care much about school until it was close to graduation and I then got my shit together. When I got to college to study Radio, film and TV and acting, then it was like... Ahh. These are my people.
    What aspect of the radio/film/TV/acting program did you focus on in college? Did you ever give it an honest go or did you have to immediately fall back on more practical career opportunities? Do you still have ambitions of pursuing a career in that field some day or was that a youthful dalliance?
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

Did you go to the Stampede this year? Was there anything new/interesting?

I spent time in Calgary visiting family in my teens; a lot of movies, Canadian women and Tim Horton's.

As an adult, I wish to see my family again and visit Banff - what would recommend for someone in their late 20s/early 30s to do in Calgary? I would ask my cousin, but she moved out of Canada to Europe. She said Alberta was boring.

What's a candian breakfast like?What is your ideal Breakfast scenerio?Do you got any pets?
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Jack White @ Bill .... 08/22/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    What aspect of the radio/film/TV/acting program did you focus on in college? Did you ever give it an honest go or did you have to immediately fall back on more practical career opportunities? Do you still have ambitions of pursuing a career in that field some day or was that a youthful dalliance?
    I studied as a Radio Major and focused on Announcing, and after graduation I was a Radio DJ for two years. I had to go up north to a small town to pursue it, as the larger market stations wanted people with experience, and the little towns had trouble attracting people. I took a job from a practicum and ended up doing everything - announcing, news, reporting, even advertising sales. It was a country music station, so that was interesting. There was just me and one guy running the station, and he was, I'll say, less than kind. He was the "cool dude morning man", and I ran around and did everything else. Even when lightning struck our transmitter in this farmer's field I walked through the mud in my boots and went in there to try and figure out what was wrong. There was a phone in the tower there to call into an electrician and tell them what the readings were on the dials. It was so unsafe, but the station was really small potatoes. I learned a ton though. I learned a lot about municipal politics, news, dealing with people. I also made a lot of mistakes on air, which everyone does starting out. But also learned being from a city and going to a small town, everyone knows your business - that was a huge learning. And as a person in the public eye, however small, everyone loves to see you trip up. So my dating life was complicated. My boss told me he didn't want me to date anyone, or negatively affect the station reputation. The locals were all wondering when I'd hunker down and marry one of their sons. But I had sights on getting out of there pretty fast. Eventually I transferred to a larger station and became it's manager, with two young ambitious DJ's under my charge. But I guess you could call it a youthful dalliance. I realized after a couple of years the business wasn't what I really wanted. As a young woman I'd approach the large market stations, with all the experience I'd gained, thinking I'd earned my stripes, and they wanted me to drive some fun bus around and hand out Pepsi to construction workers. Fuck that. I eventually moved onto other stuff. But the interview skills I gained talking to guests on the radio laid the foundation for my recruiting work later on, so that was definitely valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Did you go to the Stampede this year? Was there anything new/interesting?

I spent time in Calgary visiting family in my teens; a lot of movies, Canadian women and Tim Horton's.

As an adult, I wish to see my family again and visit Banff - what would recommend for someone in their late 20s/early 30s to do in Calgary? I would ask my cousin, but she moved out of Canada to Europe. She said Alberta was boring.
    I did a lot of company based Stampede partying this year - and only went to the grounds once. I took a colleague, who incidentally is from Seattle, and had no idea what it was all about. Of course we're at the Chuckwagons watching the race and having a great time, and 3 horses end up getting killed. Horses always die whenever I see the chucks live, I should stop going. But there wasn't really anything different even with it being centennial. Except I danced in the Stampede parade with my Zumba group. That was really fun. We did the warm up parade where you entertain all the people waiting for the official parade to start.

As for what to do in Calgary - get out of Calgary. Go to Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper. There are lots of places to eat and party in Calgary but little to "see". The mountains are where it's at when you visit here. Banff is beautiful with tons to do and a great night life.

Feeling old that there are people out there who don't know the ThatGirl show.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

What's a candian breakfast like?What is your ideal Breakfast scenerio?Do you got any pets?
    Canadian breakfast is your typical eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, toast. Steak and eggs - Omelettes. French toast. Pancakes. Waffles. Not so different from anywhere else except you get more Canadian bacon. Which really isn't that special. To me it's more like ham. But often people will drink a Ceasar at breakfast or brunch, which is Vodka with Clamato juice. That is truly Canadian.

For me breakfast is about variety. I recently discovered, after spending my whole life avoiding eggs and anything containing eggs due to an allergy, that I'm not allergic to them. So it's opened up a lot of options for me. But I've discovered I'm not a big fan of eggs. I like scrambled eggs inside a breakfast burrito. With cheese and salsa and avocado inside. Anything to do with smoked salmon, or avocado makes a great breakfast. So either a burrito or eggs benedict with smoked salmon? Yum. And waffles. After never having a waffle in my life and suddenly, no more egg allergy, eating waffles was like seeing a fricking unicorn.

I have two dogs. Some folks on the board from tinychat know about my dogs because I do talk about them a lot. Maggie is a border collie/poodle cross. She is 7 years old. Asha is a Golden Retriever/poodle cross. She is 6.5 months old. They are the closest I'll ever come to being a mom and I love them dearly. I've included a photo from when Asha was littler. sisters.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Feeling old that there are people out there who don't know the ThatGirl show.
    I don't think the show was on for very long. I myself have never seen an episode, though.

Who is your favorite Canadian musician/band? Who is your favorite Canadian Actor/Actress?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Describe in detail your most recent, wild, girls' night out
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    i'm hoping it played out like a scene from dancing bear.
    September 16 - Earth
    September 18 - DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    Who is your favorite Canadian musician/band? Who is your favorite Canadian Actor/Actress?
    I love a lot of Canadian music but would have to say my favorite musician is Jann Arden. I also love the fact that she made no compromises about herself and her appearance for the sake of success, and her writing speaks me. I also love Dallas Green because his voice is amazing.

My favorite Canadian actor, without question, is Sarah Polley. Some of her performances have touched me deeply ( My Life Without Me, in particular) but at the same time has taken risks with her own writing and directing and been successful. If I ever had the ability to pursue acting, her career would have been the one I'd most want to emulate. I also appreciate that she's remained in Canada and develops film projects here to support the local industry.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

What do Canadians really think of Nickelback?
    September 16 - Earth
    September 18 - DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

I wouldn't classify this as overly wild but it's the only one in recent memory. My last trip to Vegas was with 13 girls and 2 guys. The two guys weren't coupled with any of us, and are just good friends, so having them along was like a girls night out anyway. It was my friend's 30th birthday and we were renting a house to stay in. We started out with cocktails at the house, and from there I had arranged a Limo bus to come as a surprise, to pick us up and drive along the strip and stop at the Vegas sign for pictures. We drank and danced in the limo as it was huge, and from there went for sushi at Yellowtail in the Bellagio. We had a balcony view of the water show outside which was great and piled onto the patio for shots and toasts. From there we went into The Bank to dance and more shots, and stayed til about 1, and a bunch of us grabbed a cab to NYNY to hang out in the Piano Bar. We stayed there until 3 or so and drank some more, but we were getting close to the tipping point. I do remember there was a guy who kept hounding me and wouldn't leave me alone but one of my guy buddies came and collected me, and we hung out in the lounge with a few people we'd met until about 4, decided it was time to call it a night, and cabbed it back home. I don't think this is quite the story you were looking for but it's the best I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    What do Canadians really think of Nickelback?
    Most people love them ferociously or completely despise them. But I'm unsure as to how the Nickelback hate campaign really began, or why. I have heard some people say Chad Kroeger is just a dick. Or they killed grunge? I enjoyed some of their early music, and their sound is distinct, plus they were seemingly the pioneers for a lot of other bands. But I've never bought any of their music or endeavored to see them live. As a Canadian I can't say I have strong feelings either way.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Which Sex and the City character are you and why?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Which Sex and the City character are you and why?
    None of them. I don't directly identify with any one single character on the show.

If you could do it all over again, would you? What would you differently?

Are we ever going to have a puppy date?