Page 417 of 454 FirstFirst ... 412413414415416417418419420421422 ... LastLast
Results 12,481 to 12,510 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

What is your favorite home remedy to use when you are sick?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    What is your favorite home remedy to use when you are sick?
    I don't really like to medicate. I'm more of a "wait it out" guy. Which is stupid but it is what it is.
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

I was referring to more of a chicken soup type of thing but I agree with you on the waiting it out part.

So what was the worst trip you've ever had? Both drug induced and falling over, bonus if both are the same story.

I was referring to more of a chicken soup type of thing but I agree with you on the waiting it out part.

So what was the worst trip you've ever had? Both drug induced and falling over, bonus if both are the same story.

Raver days again. Looking back on it, I can't believe there was ever a time I would drop acid at like 10 on a Wednesday night lol. So a DJ friend got a half sheet of "green shields" in from Des Moines or wherever. He was a total astronaut. I was adventurous but a safe bet for me was usually half of whatever he was up to. He was on 6 and spinning records calmly in his living room so I took 3. This was like 3:30am on a Sunday. First couple hours were great but unremarkable. Sun came up so we decided to walk to a McDonalds that was in retrospect way too far away to walk to. We made it to the end of the block when I started flashing intensely and lost the reigns on my trip. Was this close to "call an ambulance" and that is the only time I've ever been remotely that close to that. We went back to the apartment and put CNN on, which was always my comedown go-to. Something about people calmly talking I think.
    Was the single longest trip I've ever had. Visual for well over 12 hours and it completely broke me down into parts and echoes of memories. I forgot for a whole not just who I was but all the things that made up who I was. My likes, dislikes and opinions and history were all completely inaccessible. Was scary. But gradually I rebuilt my head and I think ended up better off for it. I wasn't motivated for shit before that. But after all that I found myself tryinf harder.
    Short term bad trip, long term good.
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.

I do have an all-from-scratch family chicken dumpling soup recipe that can cure anything. I'll post it in the fall if anyone wants.

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    Oh sorry missed one.

As a further extension of a modern Clark Griswold.
    But way way drunker.

I can see this possible.

Who is your favorite Fast Food mascot?

What is your favorite food

What is your ideal breakfast scenario?

Trentemoller @ Mezzanine 04/06/14
    The Knife @ The Fox 04/15/14
    Factory Floor @ The Independent 04/16/14
    The Afghan Whigs @ Slim's 04/17/14
    Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's 04/26/15
    Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch 05/02-04/14
    The Decemberist @ Crystal Ballroom 05/30/14
    Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds @ The Warfield 07/07/14

Last.fm
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    thanks for whatever you did in mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Who is your favorite Fast Food mascot?

What is your favorite food

What is your ideal breakfast scenario?

Grimace because what the fuck?

Fried chicken is God's perfect food and infinitely modifable and upgradable.

Ideally I make bourbon French toast for my sweetie somewhere by the ocean.

YES!!!! I knew your were a Grimace fan.

Trentemoller @ Mezzanine 04/06/14
    The Knife @ The Fox 04/15/14
    Factory Floor @ The Independent 04/16/14
    The Afghan Whigs @ Slim's 04/17/14
    Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's 04/26/15
    Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch 05/02-04/14
    The Decemberist @ Crystal Ballroom 05/30/14
    Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds @ The Warfield 07/07/14

Last.fm
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    thanks for whatever you did in mexico.

I do have an all-from-scratch family chicken dumpling soup recipe that can cure anything. I'll post it in the fall if anyone wants.
    YES PLZ.

Mr. Malberg, I find your FB posts to be hilarious. Keep up the good work.

1. Why are you so obsessed with Disney Land?
    2. Is Disney Land better then Disney World?
    3. If you could fuck an IRL Disney Princess, who would it be?
    4. Do you like Mystery Science Theater 3000?
    5. Do you add your own MST3K-like commentary when watching movies (especially bad ones)?
    6. What is your favorite meme?
    7. What is your biggest Facebook pet peeve that people do?
    8. Do you watch Red Vs Blue?
    9. Who is your favorite Homestar Runner character?
    10. Do you think H*R has passed its prime?
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    It's really boring when people use this thread to post about their successes.
    ...... hey im not posting anything in here about half raptor half alligator people

Quote Originally Posted by gillster17 View Post
    So I know it has moved on to handbanna but miroir noir I am a high school football coach and saying that drill is stupid is in my opinion incorrect. Overall football is a dangerous sport, but that drill is not for skill it is for toughness it is done to see who wants to hit and be physical. However I do feel for ya that you had to go up against someone who was much bigger than you, I make the distinct effort to match up sizes for this drill. Also going throuigh multiple concussions in middle school i know what you went through, but saying the drill is stupid is way off base.
    Isn't having a concussion for a school related sport stupid? I'd say so. We did this drill in high school and I was in the same situation as Mitch. I had a concussion, was knocked out and pulled every muscle in my neck as a result of the guy 2 1/2 times my weight dropping me hardcore. In professional sports this might be a good drill, but not in something that should be viewed as secondary to the education that is supporting it. Concussions are never good for education, unless you're a doctor learning how to treat one.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Also, HB,

1) If you had to exterminate one entire animal species from the planet, what would it be and why?

2) I've oft noted that, despite your early trollish nature, you have fantastic taste in music. Please tell me about 5 life-changing musical moments in your life, and what the soundtrack was to these circumstances.

3) Drink of choice? How many/how often?

4) Are you superstitious about anything? If so, what is the weirdest superstition you have/how does it affect your life?

5) What are you afraid of?

6) What is the worst decision you've made? Would you have done something different in this circumstance, in retrospect, or would you keep your original choice and the attendant lessons?
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Why is your favorite movie Juwana Man????

Quote Originally Posted by RedHotSgtPeppers View Post
    Mr. Malberg, I find your FB posts to be hilarious. Keep up the good work.

5. Do you add your own MST3K-like commentary when watching movies (especially bad ones)?
    First off thanks!

So.....

Honestly I think its just how committed they are to giving you a whole other world to play in. The level of detail and commitment to that complete and enveloping experience is something I've only felt on the polo fields. Its a trite cliche to say it out loud, but it really is somewhere that I can leave the real world behind.

On sum total of Awesomes, yes. But Disneyland in a sense is hallowed ground. Its the only one that Walt personally oversaw and its the only one Walt ever walked in. Theres something to that.

Im gonna cheat and say Ursula. She'd be an unstoppable beast in the sack. Downside is I'd probably drown.

Never missed it back in the day, but Im an ardent Joel fan. Cant really hang with Mike or Rifftrax.

Im a huge fan of capital "c" Camp. So I love bad movies often more than I enjoy well-made ones. Theres an earnestness and an element of real cultural archaeology that you get from a movie like Skatetown USA that you don't get from a film that's really trying to not seem dated in three months. Since Skatetown isn't trying as hard, a lot more of it's era's truths seem to leak into the frame. I love that. You aren't getting a much of a manicured presentation of a time and place. You're getting the ugly and trivial stuff too. Having said that, I used to make up stuff to say when I was way younger, but I was raised on Rocky Horror so that was probably far more of an influence in that regard.

It's hard to have a favorite meme since by nature memes have to expire to be worth anything in the first place. I will always have a special place in my heart for "Shut Up Woman Get on My Horse" and any of the myriad Nicolas Cage memes will always work for me.

I used to be a little more militant about dumb things that people do, but have lived long enough to realize that were all kind of morons that do dumb things all the time. Thats the beauty of it though. Realizing that we all do dumb shit at least part of the time makes me more forgiving of peoples' Facebook gooferies. But if I had to choose something, it would be passive aggressive statuses posted to elicit vague drama.

Tried, but it never really took.

Brett Bretterson. No question.

I haven't been there in years so I hope so, otherwise Ive been missing out.

Quote Originally Posted by H_is_O View Post
    Why is your favorite movie Juwana Man????
    Answer is sorta in the question, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Also, HB,

1) If you had to exterminate one entire animal species from the planet, what would it be and why?
    Those little Australian octopi that don't warn you they are going to sting until you're too close to get away. Apparently the pain is so unbearable that you pass out yet never stop screaming. Yeah fuck those little pricks.

2) I've oft noted that, despite your early trollish nature, you have fantastic taste in music. Please tell me about 5 life-changing musical moments in your life, and what the soundtrack was to these circumstances.
    Hey thanks! Ill just sketch out some quick ones.
    a. REM - Green tour. Literally changed my life. Opened up a gateway to a whole other world of music that I never knew about.
    b. LCD Soundsystem's marathon version of "Yeah" in the Sahara in 2007. That groove is still hovering in space somewhere above Mexico.
    c. The first time I heard The Shamen's "Make it Mine" which was in the car the night of my first rave. I was a pretty staunch rockiest before that point. That was the track that sucked me straight in to EDM.
    d. My uncle making me a dub of the Rocky Horror soundtrack when I was 10. Took months of begging my mom to let me go with to the midnight shows, but eventually she let me go since it was with my high-school-aged uncle and all. That movie opened up my appreciation of camp, of mid-70s glam, and probably taught me way more about tolerance than I realized at the time.
    e. Total cliche but I found a promo copy of Nirvana's Nevermind at a used record store a week or so before it came out. The clerks didn't want me to take it but I convinced them Id probably be trading it back in a few days anyway. I got it and like 3 or 4 other discs. I had no notion at all of what Nirvana were. At all. In fact, I got home and listened to it last (while playing Castelvania no less) and then it blew. my. mind. People can scoff all they want, but that record was special. I went out that night and bought a brick of blank tapes and gave copies to everyone I could think of the next morning at school. People HAD to hear that record.

3) Drink of choice? How many/how often?
    Bourbon on rocks nightly, Manhattan when I can be fussed to mix one, Horse's Neck when I'm somewhere that makes em good.

4) Are you superstitious about anything? If so, what is the weirdest superstition you have/how does it affect your life?
    I don't believe in it, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't make four wishes at 4:44, three at 3:33, etc.

5) What are you afraid of?
    Everyone is afraid of dying some day. Im afraid of not using this all up. I think thats the key to getting over your own mortality. Just use it all up as much as you can. Live and do things. And make things.

6) What is the worst decision you've made? Would you have done something different in this circumstance, in retrospect, or would you keep your original choice and the attendant lessons?
    When you're 22 and your sister's boyfriend calls you and tells you she was raped the night before by someone, you really should talk to your sister about it before beating the shit out of the guy. Your sister's boyfriend may have made the whole thing up. I regret that one all the time.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Who did you the disservice of giving you the impression that you have a sense of humor?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Who did you the disservice of giving you the impression that you have a sense of humor?
    The same person that greenlit your brilliant script, Roman.

That is the only question Ill be answering or responding to from that stale troll BTW, so if you see him yammer on and wonder why Im not responding its because I don't give a shit.

What is it about Randy that you dislike the most?

How much money did you win/lose on your first trip to Vegas?

What was the best luck you've ever had?

If you had the chance to punch one person square in the face, who would it be and why?

If you had the chance to punch one person square in the face, who would it be and why?

I don't really gamble so it probably wasn't much. I don't have any sort of moral problem with gambling, just don't enjoy it.

Meeting a girl that would put up with me long-term

I don't think I've ever thrown a punch I didn't end up feeling bad about later. But I suppose if I had to choose it would be Sean Hannity.

if you could ban one member from the boards who would it be.

also props on the rapid responses.

Quote Originally Posted by H_is_O View Post
    if you could ban one member from the boards who would it be.
    I don't want to ban anybody. If anything goes too far past the line as it has in the past the system seems to work in weeding that stuff out.
    I trust the community to police itself and if it doesn't do that then the community's overall character changes and at that point you just end up going somewhere else thats better anyway.
    The internet is a big place and Im not interested in the kinds of little message board fiefdoms that people can get way too invested in. End of the day its all pretty fleeting anyway.

b. LCD Soundsystem's marathon version of "Yeah" in the Sahara in 2007. That groove is still hovering in space somewhere above Mexico.

e. Total cliche but I found a promo copy of Nirvana's Nevermind at a used record store a week or so before it came out. The clerks didn't want me to take it but I convinced them Id probably be trading it back in a few days anyway. I got it and like 3 or 4 other discs. I had no notion at all of what Nirvana were. At all. In fact, I got home and listened to it last (while playing Castelvania no less) and then it blew. my. mind. People can scoff all they want, but that record was special. I went out that night and bought a brick of blank tapes and gave copies to everyone I could think of the next morning at school. People HAD to hear that record.
    Nice. I was there in '07, too, and that moment was the highlight of that year's Coachella. Very jealous of that Nirvana experience.

Why is your signature quote attributed to faxman? Pretty sure he didn't write that.
    I like the Coachella package they sent out this year. we now all have a snail.....cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    In 12 more years, that snail will be nice and ready for you to fuck it.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    Nice. I was there in '07, too, and that moment was the highlight of that year's Coachella. Very jealous of that Nirvana experience.

Why is your signature quote attributed to faxman? Pretty sure he didn't write that.
    Oh yeah thats just a joke between me and Mr Faxxxx.

You want a funnier Nirvana experience? I was apparently at one of their shows a couple years before that I remember nothing about because I was bent on talking to some girl all night and my head was all muddled from ditch weed we smoked out of an aluminum can bong. So that was stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    LOL, that's classic HB humor. How is that not obvious?
    4/17 - Mogwai - El Rey (?)
    4/27 - Ghost BC - Fonda (?)
    4/29 - Franz Ferdinand - Wiltern (?)
    4/30 - Mono - Troubadour (?)
    5/03 - Philip Glass - Royce Hall

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I want to get the members of Brand New and Chvrches in a line and have all of them executed in front of their fans.
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

CLASSIC
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

Tell us about the most recent dream you remember and one that you will never forget.